Should the government be more strict about cops having tattoos? This trend worries me

Should the government be more strict about cops having tattoos? This trend worries me.

I thought people wanted cops to more like every day citizens that can be relatable? Make up your fucking mind.

I’m a cop with two full sleeves. Some departments in the county I work have policies that require long sleeves, but my agency allows it.

It's not detrimental to their job, so, no.

If having sleeves makes a cop relatable to you you're either Joe Rogan or and Hells Angel. I want nice and proper cops who appear trustworthy and responsible. How could a cop be responsible abou the lives of other people if he isn't responsible enough to not shit up his own body with nonsensiscal tats?

Tattoos are for retards, most cops are retards too, but when you see one with tattoos then you know to be extra careful.

They should but that sick dolphin on his arm makes me want to say otherwise.

It should be a disqualification. I know that would eliminate some good men, and I wouldn't kick out any that are already cops. But it would quickly rule out a lot of people with bad decision-making skills. Put the rule in place, grandfather in everyone who's already in training, and then future kids who want to grow up to be cops would know not to do it.

I think it's a shark dude.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH GET ON THE FLOOR CROSS YOUR LEFT LEG OVER YOUR RIGHT ARM EYES DOWN HANDS IN THE AIR IF YOU MOVE I WILL KILL YOU NOW CRAWL TOWARDS ME ON YOUR KNEES !

You're intimidated by tattoos? Damn dude

Even cooler.

I wonder if there's a correlation with tats and the potential of drug addiction, because I would assume so.

Tats are for idiots.

I don't know. Tattoos this prolific might be an asset for blending in with undercover work. Of course I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it seems plausible.

why? cops are thugs. thugs have tattoos. it reminds you the person you're dealing with is a criminal.

oh you have tattoos? okay tell me the religious or cultural significance of them? oh none? okay, cool tattoos man.

tattoos are manly.
I don't support face tats or hand tats or anything like that but got no problem with guys getting two sleeves.

low IQ people get tattoos because they can't express themselves in any way but the vulgar

Once weed is legalised you're gonna get some shock over the calibre of person """protecting""" you.

Freedom ain’t free

I'm comfortable if a cop has his former military unit tattooed on somewhere. Other than that, no.

At the end of the day you need some people to want to be cops. And those people often have tattoos. They just need more training, fewer guns and more responsibility.

Tattoo's aren't seen as something negative by Gen-X and Millennials. It was the boomers and older generations that believed having visible tattoo's were a bad thing because it showed your company in a unprofessional manner.

IMO Tattoo's are a problem for specific fields. Nursing, Police, Military, Lawyers, Doctors, basically anything not Art related you shouldn't have visible tats. It's unprofessional.

Thing is, a cop could put on those water transfer temporary tattoos for undercover work and nobody would be any the wiser. I remeber fooling loads of kids when I was in Primary school into thinking I had a love heart that said "mum" on it tattooed on my arm with one of those. For a week I was the most badass 7 year old around.

yes, just like in Japan or Korea

I firmly believe that all public servants such as police and politicians should have their vehicles fitted with breath alcohol ignition interlock devices.

Why not face tattoos?
It's not detrimental to their job

Get out of your fucking room.
Seriously, get out and do something, talk to a stranger, walk your dog, anything.

Sup Forums is intimidated by everything manly, especially tattoos and getting laid. But they sure love their BASED FAGGOTS and other queer shit.

Do you have tattoos?

Sleeves just make you look like an idiot most of the time senpai. The only exceptions are when it's obvious that the entire sleeve was conceived of as one piece and not just patched together whenever you got $200 to put toward it.

Tattoos are a sign of poor judgment.
Nobody with tattoos should be allowed to have a badge or a gun.

Tats are fine

But when you look like Mr. Bean and have "get fucked" on your AR
You need to hang

>this trend worries me

fuckkng soyboy detected

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? You can't smoke weed as a police officer or a set number of years before you even apply

Everyone with a tattoo should be rounded up and genocided, we do not need these degenerate trash people.

Aren't cops pretty understaffed right now? I'd rather have cops with tattoos than no cops

Sums it up fine fellow Nazi

Evryone wit tatos shud be genocided

>manly

Maybe it is if your work has an actual meaning but every little girl gets tattoos these days. You're not automatically some badass because you got ink. If your tats at least were a testament to a lifelong commitment, showing consistency and dedication, like with the yakuza stuff. But no, Most of the times it's just random bullshit indicating a similar state of mind. Might as well repaint the police cars like a fruitloops box with 50 inch rims.

>a big ugly black smudge
obviously just covered some other shit decision he made. wonder what it originally was

Yes. Under clothing is fine, but visible tatts shouldn't be allowed. Standards.

Some of the police in Berlin look like hipster faggots, and probably are.

Found the degenerate.

And who do you call when you have a thug running off with your electronics

Tattoos are FUGLY

Yeah, ruarl cops are 007 spies

It is a disqualification for some departments. I have a buddy that has this fancy "Never forget 9/11" tattoo on his forearm because he's super patriotic, he was denied employment at the department he was looking for even with 2 years served in Iraq. So he's now a mall cop, so I call him Paul Blart.

Above the elbow or on the torso is perfectly acceptable for anyone and deserves no judgement. Anybody who marks himself should do so with full knowledge of the impression they'll creat among the public. Maybe I'm an oldfag, but tattoos below the elbow kinda implicate a disdain for the traditional. If you're a sailor, artist, athlete, skilled tradesman, or a career criminal, I kind of get it. But for a public servant to have his ink on display has always been a sign of a macho dickhead who follows the rules only when he wants to. I have tremendous respect for our l.e.o's but police culture is a problem in this country . A lot of cops seem to forget that they have to hold themselves to a higher standard than their criminal counterparts and this is why we see cops lying to cover their badge wearing buddies and lying to lock up people who they consider against them. It's as if the stop snitching movement found its way into the force. Anybody who gets ink below their elbows is looking to make some type of statement about the person they are and I don't think it's appropriate for somebody who represents my local government to feel that their personal appearance should outweigh the optics of the dept.

The Berlin police is infamous for having low standards and being incompetent. There have been articles about it being infiltrated by the organized crime as well, like members of arab clans and whatnot.

Trips of truth. If you have tattoos you're a degenerate.

>poorfag who can't afford tattoos
or is it because they're haram? Jfc you pussy
>whaa I don't like what other people do with their money and bodies whaa
Go cuck yourself, faggot

At least I don't have hepatitis you filthy hippie you.

After you get one arrest everybody in town knows that dude with the big blob shark tattoo is a narc tho. I've seen this happen then watched the cop try to do it again and fail miserably.