Having older brothers increases men's likelihood of being gay

>For decades, scientists have been trying to figure out which biological factors determine sexuality. One of the more inexplicable discoveries in this arena is that homosexuality is more common in men who have older brothers, known as the "older brother effect". Up until now, it’s been unclear why that is.

>New research from Brock University in Canada suggests that women who give birth to boys multiple times progressively build up antibodies that will affect their future sons in utero. The researchers argue that these antibodies, formed in response to proteins present in male brains, may lead to changes in brain development that influence sexual orientation.

>While the study has yet to be replicated by another research team, it suggests that the older brother effect is rooted in prenatal factors. In other words, this is yet more evidence that sexual orientation has a biological basis, a point that has long been contested by anti-gay types.

edition.cnn.com/2017/12/11/health/men-older-brothers-gay-study/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

pnas.org/content/early/2017/12/05/1705895114
pastebin.com/MCf0bHxS
abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2120218&page=1
techcrunch.com/2017/05/03/scientists-have-eliminated-hiv-in-mice-using-crispr/
archive.is/8yiqT
youtu.be/SPI9Mk17OAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have an older brother and I'm gay. It all makes sense now.

Apparently it's epigenetic, and it's a way nature found to increase the chance of survival in a group in case they are too much children to feed, it's a certain type of birth control.

Younger brother is gay. Can confirm.

Always wanted a perverted cousin :(

My friends brother died at sandy hook does that count too?

Well, get ready for a lot of abortions of second male children.

>We conducted a direct test of an immunological explanation of the finding that gay men have a greater number of older brothers than do heterosexual men. This explanation posits that some mothers develop antibodies against a Y-linked protein important in male brain development, and that this effect becomes increasingly likely with each male gestation, altering brain structures underlying sexual orientation in their later-born sons. Immune assays targeting two Y-linked proteins important in brain development—protocadherin 11 Y-linked (PCDH11Y) and neuroligin 4 Y-linked (NLGN4Y; isoforms 1 and 2)—were developed. Plasma from mothers of sons, about half of whom had a gay son, along with additional controls (women with no sons, men) was analyzed for male protein-specific antibodies. Results indicated women had significantly higher anti-NLGN4Y levels than men. In addition, after statistically controlling for number of pregnancies, mothers of gay sons, particularly those with older brothers, had significantly higher anti-NLGN4Y levels than did the control samples of women, including mothers of heterosexual sons. The results suggest an association between a maternal immune response to NLGN4Y and subsequent sexual orientation in male offspring.

pnas.org/content/early/2017/12/05/1705895114

Op is gay, digits will always confirm

I have older and younger sisters, and I want to be the little girl. What does it mean?

>may
They don't know shit and just want to push the "born gay" meme. It's just as possible that having an older brother makes you a fag from the emasculation seeing a bigger dick on a regular basis or something lmao

Why would god make people gay?This makes no sense!

Being gay is a genetic defect like being born blind or American.

Come to think of it, my uncle was a bit prissy, while my dad is the type who would shoot a man if he takes too long finishing a sentence. I don't think he's gay, but he's produced two beautiful blond children, so I don't really care if he is or isn't. The duty is complete.

We all have our vices that the devil tempts us with

Fake and gay, with two older brothers, I am the least gay out of us all.

my older brother is a fag. myself and younger bro laugh at him for this.

What about older sisters?

I’m the eldest with two younger brothers and I’m a tranny what the fuck happened when I was born just how much went wrong who is responsible?

I don't care what caused it unless you're figuring it out to find a cure

I'm fine with being gay being biological as long as that means we're accepting that gender is real, is usually the same thing as sex, and there's only 2 of them.

Yeah
Me too
We all died that day
Sandy Hook totally wasn't fake

TOTALLY FAKE NEWS
CNN
Guy named BROCK school name
Anderson Cooper/ Dong Lemons related
Canadian, obvious leaf fag
Fake Maple Fag QueerNadian
Must I go on ?

same

>having older brother makes you what to be gay
>my older brother is already gay
w-what this means ? i suppose to become super gay?

Genetic Evidence of Homosexuality:

pastebin.com/MCf0bHxS

want*

Double gay makes either a straight or an ultra-gay

No that having older brothers increases the chance of subsequent siblings being gay by about a third. That doesn't make it universal.

Anyone here good with probabilities who can set up a numeric model?

My little brothers are very straight and drink heavily from the kosher approved heterosexuality that is niggers I think that it probably starts at a randomly generated number for gay % chance and keeps going up the more normal kids they have but resets to .01 when they have a gay kid but idk for sure

My older brother is gay.

I guess the logic here is that, having a brother, opens you up to feeling and caring about another man and loving him deeply.

Therefore you opened the flood gates to feel deeply about other men and are more willing to get ass raped

No.

Spot the bot:
Instantly replied 15 secs later and is wrong

>tfw no aniue to protect me

the real question here is, are traps gay ?

to fuck traps yeah but its ok to be the trap that’s not gay

your dad is the fag

have an older brother, can confirm

plus, this is old news. I've read about this years ago in my younger teens when trying to figure out why I was fucked up

That's fucking hilarious.

Older brothers cockblock their younger brothers, especially if the younger brother is better looking or more athletic. I'm very good looking, and my older brother would dump drinks on my head, slap me, talk over me, etc. whenever chicks were around. He's 7 years older. The funny thing, is that he is also good looking, just not as much.

I thought this was already common knowledge. I remember reading years ago how having older brothers was the number one predictor of homosexuality, and the more brothers, the greater the likelihood

I think it's actually the younger brother looking up to the older brother and programming those feelings of admiration and trust as love. It probably happens to the younger when they are closer to their old brother without any other siblings. Kind of how Father's are supposed to take their daughter's on "Daddy dates" which are supposed to teach them how to have a positive relationship.

I’ve noticed this trend for a while, at least anecdotally. I always thought it was due to the first born almost automatically taking the alpha role due to higher age somewhat being a proxy for higher strength, thereby assigning submissive roles to the other male children to reduce group infighting.

Independent of families, I always imagined that polygamous societies ran out of women frequently, and so lower caste men would have to substitute women with young boys, and that being compliant in that situation as a boy would increase your chance of survival (for obvious reasons).

I have an older brother and I fantasize about banging traps so it must be true.

>Grow up having your older brother call you a faggot and gay almost everyday
>Act surprised when you come out gay

These "'"'"'"'researchers"'"'"'"' fucking suck

>have two older sister
>want to gas all the queers

have you considered doing (((science))) professionally?

abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2120218&page=1
Article from 2006 when I first heard about this phenomena

>"""science""" articles

Youre spot on. Look at Jake Paul. That dude is clearly gay and likely due to his jacked chad brother bullying him all his life. Kind of sad in a way.

I don’t advocate for polygamous societies, I just said that they exist. The fact that essentially all of them have been failures simply means that gays are an aberration of an obsolete system and have no natural role in a civilized society.

>Uses CNN as a sauce

Why are fake news outlet shitting so many retarded "science" articles lately?

bump

>For decades, scientists have been trying to figure out which biological factors determine sexuality. One of the more inexplicable discoveries in this arena is that homosexuality is more common in men who have older brothers, known as the "older brother effect". Up until now, it’s been unclear why that is.

Or if the older brother is gay then it becomes a chain reaction with the older molesting the younger, ala Lena Dunham molesting her younger sister and destroying the younger child for life.

Fucking shitballs, how much more obvious can this get?

>opens you up to feeling and caring about another man and loving him deeply
Women are only good for breeding and child-rearing, tho. If you want something like a soulmate, you have to look for a male friend.
Women can relieve your stress and soothe your tired conciousness, and you should thank them for that and cherish them for what they are, but if you want someone to truly rely on, you will inevitably look for another man, a friend, a brother, a father, a boss, etc.

Then explain the correlations in blood proteins.

How do you feel about the rise of genetic engineering and CRISPR?

>chances

>be son of mother with two much older sons from a different father
>have the Hitler defect (Monorchism)

>turn out to be a chad stud with grils literally throwing themselves at you and siring a healthy son.

(((chances..)))

techcrunch.com/2017/05/03/scientists-have-eliminated-hiv-in-mice-using-crispr/

archive.is/8yiqT

>Then explain the correlations in blood proteins.
Why do you ask one question and post a statistics table that contains completely unrelated data?

Did he hold you down and spit in your mouth, and you liked it?

Is it not the parents who toss their children into the molestation pit? The study is redundant.

>Now I can raw dog all the assholes I want!
I'm going to miss the GRIDs

Table pertains to that not all gay kids are molested. Question pertains to article in OP.

Have we really possessed all secrets of the universe already? They couldn't find anything more worthy of research?

your country is a shitheap

Younger children tend to be later life kids. It's obvious somethings going to be wrong with them.

No, it is mich more insidiousthan that. Think about it. As a firstborn son you do not have the guarantee that your younger brothers will be from the same father, thus carrying mostly the same genes as yours. Now, if you could only ensure that the ones born after you have a decreased chance of reproducing then your genes would win the reproductive race as a net effect.

Firstborn sons actively modulate their mother's epigenetics to sabotage their younger siblings. Selfish genes, nothingless. Oh btw they could only see the effect in right handed males. Left handed seemed to be immune. May even be a genetic defense mechanism against older sibling sabotage.

Note that this only holds for when you have older brothers (not for older sisters).

The mother being affected by it also plays a part: they probably benefited from this in evolutionary history as well.

So I rather assume it is more like preventing competition between the sons:
The first born son can impregnate as many women as the clan has; later born sons would not benefit the amount of second generation descendents the mother has; if they would compete with the older son, possibly kill each other, it would even harm group;

Instead, only the older son reproduces, while the others can still be helpful for hunting and gathering resources.

85% of faggots have older brothers; the "hostile womb" theory is real.

I stick my benis in 11yo little brother butter... can confirm-

Another idea is that gayness in humans is actually a trick on other male members of the group:
Gay group members are apparently not interested in females, so they may have been left with the group, while the other (higher ranking males) were on a hunting trip.
During this time, the ostensibly gay man, could engage in sex with the women and have offspring; something that would not have been possible for a low ranking male, if he were not considered gay.

Thus, a younger son, who is likely to have a low rank in the group, could actually benefit from being (apparently) gay

You don't even know how to write, how could you know anything else?!

Oh look, CNN pushing more family breaking faggot filled bullshit

youtu.be/SPI9Mk17OAs

It's all these older brothers fucking their younger brothers in the ass that causes all this faggotry

>tfw 4 older sisters and no brothers

I feel like sexual tyrannosaurus

>have two older brothers
>but also have left handed immunity
>still gay
WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?

Younger brother of two here, I dont think i am gay but i know for a fact my older brother is gay because he once sucked my dick when we were both sleeping together one night.
So i dont think this article is factual

1st brother -Highest T level, married

2nd Brother -Dramatic and touchy feely towards men especially when drunk, engaged

3rd Brother- Does performance art, girlfriend

Which one of the younger two comes out first

I think there's already pretty good science based around testosterone exposure in utero, and the effect that can have if it spikes or is missing at certain weeks when specialized parts of the brain rapidly develop.

I think its week 11 and week 30 are thought to have influence over sense of gender identity and sexual preference. It's essentially a good theory for how we get both gays and transgender people.

Testosterone levels can vary due to genetics but we also have good research that it varies depending on how many males the mother had previously birthed.

So all seems fairly plausible to me.

I see a lot of people using anecdotal experience to try to prove/disprove the motion.
Are you guys that uneducated in statistics and reading comprehension?

THE MORE ABORTIONS WOMEN HAVE THE MORE LOW TEST FAGS THEY POP OUT.

Gentlemen, we have found source of the millenial soy prooblem.

Yeah, and?

>older brothers diddled you for fun and submission
>(((becoming))) gay

More like a psychological wrong response to a certain stimulus.

Dont fall for their memes.

I mean..checked but explain

While you we're typing that shitpost an emu was fucking your wife

so you're saying that back when families had 12 kids there were more gays than today because more people had older brothers

Each time a woman gets pregnant with a male it boosts her immune response to testosterone - her antibodies actually attack the fetus' testosterone receptors due to exposure - like an allergen. It doesn't matter if she carries the baby to term or not.

Now think of these women who are promiscuous, and have frequent miscarriages and abortions. Her libertine lifestyle pretty much assures she will have a weakling faggot child if it's a male, because by the time she has made the "unselfish" choice to actually use her body for what it was meant for - that is, to procreate, her immune response is through the roof in terms of being primed to emasculate her unborn child. On top of other shit, like telegony and carrying dna from every dude that insemenated her, as well as having her emotional and bonding responses worn down from having serial relationships (some call this maturity, it is actually oxytocin fatigue).

You can't build a legacy on a roastie.

have two brothers, I am the middle child.
Younger brother is already married.

It's well known that younger brothers are more likely to be gay.

If you've already had children you've passed on enough genes, any more and overpopulation becomes a risk.

As a result, this phenomena has never been selected out.