Sup Forums, what do yo think about buckwheat - traditional Russian food ?

Sup Forums, what do yo think about buckwheat - traditional Russian food ?

Other urls found in this thread:

skipthepie.org/cereal-grains-and-pasta/buckwheat/compared-to/bulgur-cooked/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks pretty "bleh"

pretty good especially with some diced bacon

Buckwheat pancakes are fucking delicious.

Never had it

Saute mushrooms seasoned with vegeta. Then mix in with the buckwheat. Fair amount of butter and your golden.

not enough corn syrup for ya?

It is pretty "bleh." The first couple times you have it it's pretty disgusting, but then onward it's an acquired taste.

>traditional Russian food
No such thing as food in Russia.

yall eatin what!?

Eat it at least once a week. I also use buckwheat flour instead of wheat flour in a lot of dishes.

>what do yo think about buckwheat
i don't think about it at all

ruskie food is bland survival-tier garbage

t. dater of ukrainians

Looks like brown grits with more texture to me, probably pretty good

>podravka
Ante, pozdrav

Is that what modern cereal evolved from?
I love russians i want one as a bf russian food is cute

>Sup Forums, what do yo think about buckwheat - traditional Russian food ?
I think that discussion of it belongs in /ck/ unless there is a political angle - even if it is spiced with sage.

much like russia it is awful

Looks great. I'd eat that.

Looks like it could be tasty if cooked in a nice stock with some veggies and meat mixed in

There's word "Russian" in it.

It's good.

Traditional? closer to pure ingredient that all the chemical cocktails in the store shelves? as long as you don't kill it with salts an seasoning gimmmie gimmie gimmie. Less processed the better, become superior being.

Buckwheat is categorized as a superfood, look it up brep...

>vegeta
didn't know that you could get Vegeta in US

Good, high in fiber, and hearty. Russia food is based. Simple and healthy recipes made for giving energy to working peasants.

This.

>Traditional Russian
>Food

Suka.

I used to love eating buckwheat cereal when I was a kid, and grain products in general. I think it fucking gave me diabetes or something though because whenever I eat delicious whole wheat products now as an adult I get terrible heartburn. My doctor told me I should cut out carbs for a while and then start eating them again in moderation to see if maybe I developed a mild wheat allergy or something that will go away on its own.

It's cheap food you can eat if you're poor or you're following a diet, it's like rice, oats etc. It doesn't taste that great and isn't anything remarkable, which can also be said about rice and oats, yet people eat those anyway.

You fags know how good vegeta fucking is.

Also, burger, can you get vegeta in like Publix or something?

Hard to find in the US. Bulgar is the closest I can find and it's far more nutritious:
skipthepie.org/cereal-grains-and-pasta/buckwheat/compared-to/bulgur-cooked/

>Ante please, podravka is everywhere

>go to ramen place nearby
>they only have buckwheat ramen noodles
>expecting some bomb ass ramen
>noodles taste like shit
>cant even finish
>gf doesnt like it either
>leave hungry and disappointed
>2 months later
>mom comes to visit
>go to same ramen place thinking my first experience was a one off
>nope
>fucking disgusting
in the meantime i met a guy from japan that opened up a different ramen shop, also nearby, and i asked him about the buckwheat noodles served at the other ramen shop. he said buckwheat noodles arent even ramen and it's some western bullshit.

French cuisine is based on Russian recipes.
And all European cuisines are based on French except some Roman recipes like pork jerky.

great food.. Here's a way I prepare it.

when its done I add some butter ,ok lots of butter.. then a tablespoon of some Miso for the saltiness, then maybe add some liquid Stevia extract to give it a contrasting sweetness without any sugars,, then maybe slice up an avocado and add that.. this will make a good meal.

never eaten it.

What? Maybe if you like in some shithole like Taxachusetts, yank. You can find buckwheat everywhere in the South. Northerners have shit-tier taste in grains though, all you fags eat is plain white bread. I would bet most Northerners don't know the difference between whole wheat, buckwheat, spelt, winter wheat, grits, and cornmeal.

I used to use a buckwheat/rice mixture in my stuffed grape leaves (doma). Pretty good. I also like it just with butter, salt, and black pepper.

Keto now so I can't eat it anymore. Oh well.

>Hard to find in the US.
you are woefully misinformed... Buckwheat is very easily found in every food market... its everywhere..

I remember me and Lithuanian bro were staying in American foster family and I made buckwheat and Balt bro brought black bread and riga balsam. When Americans tried buckwheat they almost puked, then they tried black bread and a girl went for bathroom. And then they tried some Riga balm....dude I haven’t seen so many fountains in one place if you know what I mean. Cunts

I thought traditional food in Russia only counts as the liquid diet of Vodka?

no, there's plenty of russian stores in MA

with sour milk it tastest beyond world

Is it unpleasant if eaten alone.
What are your suggestions for cooking it properly?
>French cuisine is based on russian recipes
>Russian nobles literally spoke french at court because they found russian unpleasant and pleb tier
Your country the epitome of cultural appropration

ah man that shit is right as fuck
made me drop rice

Only ever had it in pancakes here in burger land.

Just seems like the slavic version of oatmeal. Mediocre I guess.

>French cuisine is based on Russian recipes.
>all European cuisines are based on French
What the fuck am I reading? If that is true then why the hell has no one heard of any Russian dishes?

Glory to Croatia, we will conquer world with Vegeta, prince of all dried vegetables

not really. No one really even knows what it is here. I’ve only ever seen it at walmart and a mexican grocery store