Did anyone else think Anthy was annoying as fuck?

Did anyone else think Anthy was annoying as fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zV6QGMRnni8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nope, she's literally best girl.

She was a shitty fucking character

She's a lesbian, they tend to be annoying.

who wasn't? Utena was stupid

Utena was great, minus Anthy who was literally the most annoying and boring girl.

That was the intention. That's why everyone hated her, because she was creepy and fake.
Reminds me of how Anno was saying that he was disappointed at how people loved Rei, when she was supposed to be weird and unnerving. But it was his fault since he decided not to sacrifice the waifu appeal.
It just shows how Ikuhara always had way more balls than Anno when it was time to take the piss on waifufags.

>he decided not to sacrifice the waifu appeal
What? How would he have done this? By making Rei a lesbian?

>Anno: Everyone understands that it's a fiction, but precisely because it's a fiction you have a pure feeling, you fall for the character to an even greater extent. You assume that an anime character will not betray you. Iku-chan said [to me], "in the last episode, please have Rei Ayanami get married and become pregnant. Just please betray the Ayanami fans. The Rei Ayanami they are thinking of is not real. The real Rei Ayanami gets married, and her belly..."

>Oguro: (laughs) Ah, if Ayanami really existed.

>Anno: He told me something like, "please, make them realize that, If she were real, she would get married, become pregnant, have a child, and grow older." I was thinking, "we don't have to go that far..." (laughs).

>Oguro: (laughs) Iku-chan is a wicked man.

Ikuhara is a wild one.

Tell me about it.

How good is Sailor Moon S compared to Ikuhara's later stuff? I've seen Utena, Penguindrum, and Yurikuma.

Anyone who's an idiot, sure

She was meant to be annoying.

Sasuga Iku-chan.

Not even nearly as good but there is some interesting stuff.

>rewatch Utena
>the very first next episode preview has Anthy fucking with Utena

Why is Ikuhara such a master troll? The man deserves more credit.

Oh well, it's not like I wasn't gonna watch it either way so whatever.

Does anyone have the story about Ikuhara being chained to a column in Toei's hall because he couldn't come up with the ending of an episode?

The hell?

In my headcanon the movies are canon. Fuck Akio.

>She was a shitty fucking character
What.

The movie is it's own canon, tough it's kinda funny how badly Iku treated Akio in it, he basically became a joke

Everyone that wasn't Utena or Anthy became a joke. Not really much else he could have done considering the run-time.

Nevermind, found it.
>There are already plenty of anecdotes out there about his ingenuity and stubbornness when it comes to his work.
>Like, when he was working on the storyboard for the episode that went on to win the Anime Grand Prix[1]. That story about cats and mice was such a departure from the atmosphere of the rest of the series the rest of the staff was pretty taken aback by it. So, apparently, one of the assistant producers[2] tied him to a column in the hall at Toei to get him to reflect on the direction of the episode. But, the storyboard of mice he drew on the floor, crying and bound to the column, looked almost like it was alive.

But even at the end, I was annoyed by her when Utena tried to save her and all that shit.
I really felt no sympathy for her.

Best girl, and one of the best, most complex characters in all of anime.

>But, the storyboard of mice he drew on the floor, crying and bound to the column, looked almost like it was alive.
what the fuck

>So, in Kyoto, where student film was quite popular, there was one particular club that was the talk of the town.
>It was a film club, comprised primarily of young art students, "Moonrise Mannor."

>The films they made, as independently produced student films, completely outshone the competition and all eyes were on them. At the time, I really didn't want to grow up so I was avoiding the real world, and I'd heard the talk about them too, so my feet carried me to the west auditorium of Kyoto University where the student film festival, "Elegance" was taking place.
>The films they were screening were all amateur productions, mostly parodies, homages and some academic experimental pieces. Oh, don't get the wrong impression, those films were by no means bad. Basically, there is no better place than a student film festival to savor this sort of cheap flavor.
>However––
>I'm pretty sure the first piece of his that I saw was called "Raku."
>The screening room was abuzz from the moment it started. I don't really remember the finer points of the story anymore (actually, was there even a story?), but the director and male lead, was sauntering about the city at night in the nude. It was a truly shady film. Moreover, behind the male lead, there were always several semi-nude girls, doing a weird sort of dance, but they were pretty clearly under age, and I was more weirded out by those images and questions like, 'How'd he get them to do that?' and 'Isn't that illegal?' than the film itself.

Come on now, Anthy got way better at the end

>Did anyone else think Anthy was annoying as fuck?
Nanami.

OK I concede to that one scene when the were talking about the poisoned cookies and tea, that was a pretty great scene. But I still wasn't compelled to care about her, in fact I found myself cheering on Akio.
Is there something wrong with me?

This confused me. Did Ikuhara direct some amateur film with naked underaged girls?

>cheering on Akio.

She was a selfish annoying traitors manipulative bitch who gets a pass cause she's a lesbian. Who cares if she had a tragic childhood. Half the characters did

Akio is a likable piece of shit, the nigga you love to hate, but I really don't think you are supposed to cheer for him, if you don't like Anthy at least you should've been cheering for Uthena who likes Anthy

Seek help

>cat soup
Yeah, there's probably something wrong with you.

Is there something that the madman can't do?

Return Anno's feelings.

I was just about to type
>bring Ed's mom back to life

What is this?

Ikuhara

What is he doing?

idw you tell me

New Year's cards

>the Heisei 5 is too dangerous so we can't show it

It looks like he's started his own religion.

She would have been more tolerable if she weren't so ugly, prove me wrong

She's gorgeous though.

she's pretty with her hair down.

Both correct

She's gorgeous.

I WANT TO marry HIMEMIYA

pic related was worse, Juri deserves better.

by the way I only came to the thread to say Juri is objectively the best girl.

This certainly was the most fucked up person in the show, and that's a big feat.

juri made me gay

Post feet

word

I'm not sure I buy that. Mikage was worse, I think. But I'm biased; I've definitely been where Shiori's been in terms of self-hatred, although my outlets were quite different.

Even in animu the best girls are all gay

gay is the way

Shiori is worse when you consider that she was in love with Juri the whole time. But her idea of relationship was keeping Juri fawning after her miserably because muh inferiority complex.

I found her ugly in the series and super hot in the movie (with the long hair and no big-ass glasses).

But then again she had a different personality in the movies (more confident, sexual and witty), so I wonder if the director planned her as a different character in the movie (akio was also completely different).

She's the best and most complex character in anime history

my african-american brother.

>She's the best and most complex character in anime history

Juri 10/10 best girl. Broke my heart when she quit mid fight.

I don't think she was in love with Juri, or at least not in the same way. She saw Juri as perfection, so Juri being into her, in that self-loathing lens, is dissonant in a way she had to reject.

I actually liked her series look more. Face and eyes were a vast improvement; she was way less uguu, you know?

Sailor moon is garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=zV6QGMRnni8

This OST fucks me up every time.

Same here, I didn't like the uguu, and she was pointier and less dark. Plus the wavy hair was better too.

I really don't think Shiori realised that she loved Juri until after Ruka died.

The placement of the three chairs in episode 30 implies this, since Shiori's seat turns to face Juri's while the chair representing Juri is turned away from Shiori's.

Lesbians are fucking annoying, so yeah.

But Juri is in the same anime, and disproves this theory.

There's just something to it. Absolute desolation I guess? For the first time in the show, someone saw through the charade. Juri realized the struggle was meaningless, and the eternity was a hopeless goal, especially one that's founded on her fucked up relationship. Utena really is a masterpiece.

No it's not user.

I never had a problem with her until she stabbed Utena in the back "Literally"

But then again that wasn't the real Anthony anyway.

>"Literally"
what did he mean by this?

That's another thing I am confused about, because the sword never really pierced her skin, it was like a scene in a play.

Symbolism.
Just like Anthy's dress being the pool of blood.

Prove me wrong bitch

Sailor Moon exists

>it was like a scene in a play
It wouldn't shock me if this was intentional, since Utena was heavily inspired by theatre.

Ikuhara was an amateur playwright before he moved over to anime, after-all.

Symbolism or not, Antony betrayed Utena - the fake one anyway. The real one was stuck in a coffin if I remember correctly.

New Ikuhara anime when?