How do we save the romance genre?

How do we save the romance genre?

No need. Leave it to rot and focus on superior genres.

more ntr

What's the matter? You don't like cute romance stories?

Obviously going for the Reddit Zero audience with that protagonist's design

Romance doesn't sell anymore, just abandon ship and make shitty yaoi or whatever.

But Koe no Katachi started 2 years before Re Zero.

Horimiya is really successful, even now when nothing has even happened in the manga for a long time.

By sticking to reading good romance manga.

Tone down the melodrama and add some slice of life elements. Make it more of an observation of their everyday life, with a focus on the relationship, instead of just two people saying they love each other, then fighting, then making up and saying they love each other a bunch more.

So more stuff like Horimiya, Love Roma, Bonnouji, or Tsurezure Children.

Some of the most heart warming romance is unfortunately tied up in vanilla. The problem with romance is that its a really slow burn and needs multiple focal points to keep the story fresh. A lot of studios need a quick selling product that will appeal to the masses in a short amount of time.

Kuzu no Honkai is saving romance as we speak

___NTR___

I remember liking what I read until I got caught up. I have a tendency to forget everything about a series if it's not finished.

More ongoing relationships and less "THEY GOT TOGETHER THE END" bullshit.

Have an actual fucking romance and don't just have the ending be "We hooked up". That's not a romance, that's two people STARTING ONE.

you're cancer

Kuzu no Honkai is soap opera-tier garbage.

This.
Also, WAKE REM THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING RICE NIGGER!

Really let Yokota write all romance from now on.

I like some tragedy or despair in my romance manga.

Resurrect classic Noitamina and give Kasai Kenichi some good material to work with again, instead of wasting him on non-romance stuff that he isn't good with, or trash like Ookami Shoujo and Love Stage. Doesn't Higashimura have some ongoing romance series that's getting awards and shit? Her stuff is usually good, and she's got enough of a following to make it worthwhile, just have him adapt that or something.

I don't think that solves anything, really. It's perfectly possible to build and develop a good romantic dynamic between two people without having them actually be in a relationship - it's done very well by Spice & Wolf, Crest of the Stars, various Adachi works, etc. It's just a different kind of romance story, nothing wrong with that. The problem is just that most shows don't have great dynamics, but that's not specific to this kind of story. Changing the standard to an ongoing relationship would just get you a different flavor of shit.

With a flamethrower and napalm. Either that or The Room gets adapted into an anime.

get ai yazawa to finish nana

Actually, now that I think of it, Adachi's current work MIX has a really nice dynamic, that could be adapted. The monthly schedule makes it slow as fuck, though, so I doubt it'd get an anime until it finally approaches the end.

With more series that involve the relationship between one boy and one girl rather than a boy and his harem. And also by incorporating their relationship into the backdrop of characters for a story with a greater ongoing plot. Series with no other storyline besides the romance tend to resort to rage-inducing soap operatic twists because the creator can't think of a way to keep things interesting for long.

By making the hardships of maintaining the relationship as the focus of the story starting from the middle of the series.

kimi no na wa saved romance and anime as a whole

Most shoujo already does this and it's agonizing with all the misunderstanding bullshit.