Transported to a isekai

>transported to a isekai
>immediately embrace slavery
What is it with these kinds of manga and their ridiculous moral relativism? It's not like slavery didn't have its opponents even when it was a normal thing.

Well like they say, when in roam.

Implying most people aren't against slavery because it's social suicide not to be

>their ridiculous moral relativism
You realize that this is the plot of an absolute shitload of literature right? Did they not make you read Heart of Darkness in highschool?

First Chapter
>If only I was transported to a parallel world with beautiful girls so my otherwise useless yet OP power of stealing skills can be put to use.
>Gets Isekaid where his OP skills and military level martial arts are useful

Damn dude, did you just make a reference to required high school literature? You must be some kind of real intellectual

Why didn't he just travel to a conflict zone in his original world and join a militia?

But in this case it isn't even given any weight. The moment the MC is told that slavery (which can be anything from indentured servitude to chattel slavery) as an institution exists, he's like "well time to buy myself some sex slaves then!"

I wonder if OP manga MC even has the kind of money needed to buy one hundred healthy and physically attractive slaves?

Are you white, OP? This isn't something that your kind can understand. Most of the world operates this way.

China abolished and reintroduced slavery and then abolished it again several times throughout its history

>Isekai Shihai no Skill Taker: Zero kara Hajimeru Dorei Harem

>But in this case it isn't even given any weight.
Judging by the nekomimi and hundred girl harem they weren't going for literary credit. Out of all the things on that page to criticize, OP picked the one that was actually somewhat realistic.

>Zero kara Hajimeru Dorei Harem
>Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
>Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
>HP1 kara Hajimeru Isekai Musou
>Ryuukishi kara Hajimeru Kuni Tsukuri
>Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
Is this title format some kind of LN meme?

>Skill Taker
Fucking hell

Finally something even worse than re:monster.

Is cockblocked by lack of condom?
(Does not know condom spell yet.)

Great repost, quality stuff.

Because those places don't have cute girls.

>implying you wouldn't get yourself a slave harem of cute 2D girls if you could

>search it
>tried to give it a chance
>first page
>animal ears girl confessing
>the guy's hairstyle
>"im a normal highschooler"
I dropped this so fast that I broke a personal record.

What must it feel like to be a manga artist and the only work one can get is adapting amateur webfics for pennies? Does one take pride in one's work and put in effort? Does one feel like killing oneself? Does one feel like nuking the Syousetsuka ni Narou server off the face of the planet?

A slave harem is no harem at all, it's microwave fast food McHarem at best.

People were against slavery when it was social suicide to not be for it.

If the first thing you want to do when going to a new world is get killed as a documentless political agitator feel free. Accepting it is not the same as support and cultural relativism to at least to the point of 'i do not have to scream about this cultures obvious flaws 100% of the time regardless of my situation' is very common

It's not like MC is going to use them for manual labor or anything.
Most of the time they either help them get back to her hometown or give them a life way better than anything they could get in their shitty medieval fantasy world.

> is against slavery
> Doesn't tip at restaurants

>If the first thing you want to do when going to a new world is get killed as a documentless political agitator feel free.

>muh strawmanning

You don't have to go on a crusade to kill all the slavers, but there's a broad continuum in between starting slave revolts and instantly deciding "WELL NOW IT'S TIME TO BUY ME SOME LIVING FUCKTOYS LIKE I ALWAYS WANTED".

Also it's the dark ages, who the fuck has documentation anyway, just tell them you're a travelling prince from the magical land of Zipang and they have no way of proving you wrong.

>Thinking humanity is this stupid.

The issue with slavery was that the majority of slaves were commoners.

Commoners were the majority.

African american slavery on the other hand. That was kosher.

Not sure what the issue is here. From just this one page alone, this gentlemen is aiming for a 100 member harem.
In a world where slaves are legal and your goal is 100 members for your harem. I can safely say that buying members is a valid approach to his goal.
He'd have to pay for it sometime. May as well ensure you get a guarantee out of it.

This thread is shit, so I won't even apologize for what I'm about to do.

Slavery wasn't as bad as it was portrayed, included whites as well (yes, in America), and was overall beneficial for blacks. Africa is a shithole, the only exceptions are where it is/was colonized by whites. Look at Rhodesia, it used to be a self-sufficient at least somewhat prosperous agricultural centre. Revert to tribal rule (Mugabe) and now the citizens are starving and dying by the thousands to curable illness. Western civilization is objectively better, and the slave trade made millions of blacks part of that civilization.

Is slavery as good from a moral standpoint than paid work? No. Is it a complete abomination against man? Also no.

We can complain about things like slavery now because we have that luxury, it's conceivable, almost likely, that forcing people to work to pay for basic necessities like food, water, and electricity will be looked back upon as barbaric.

P2W isn't fair in the harem game.

That depends a bit of the conditions too.

If the MC goes to a slave store and buys fucktoys, that's just disgusting.

On the other hand if the MC buys a slave because she would be getting something even worse otherwise and doesn't abuse her I'd say it's acceptable.

There were economic reasons to be against slavery too. Like how the influx of slaves into Rome after the Punic wars left people unemployed.

So slaves were the mexican workers of the past?

Slavery is inefficient anyways.

The slaver is obligated to care for his slave. But if he instead hires a worker at 1/100th the market value, the employee is required to care for themselves.

P2W isn't fair at any time but it happens and those that do it tend to get ahead.

But hiring a worker involves all the annoying shit like paying him for his work, giving him vacations, having to deal with retarded unions and all of that.
Even if you buy an slave and work it to death it would be less of a pain in the ass.

>On the other hand if the MC buys a slave because she would be getting something even worse otherwise and doesn't abuse her I'd say it's acceptable.

Congratulations
You are literally these retarded isekai slave harem stories target audience.

Dude. The US fought a civil war over this. Slavery can't compete with Irish wagecucking.

You don't have to pay a slave an honest wage (or rather, at all), you can simply overwork them until they're half dead and basically pay the bottom line for their food.

>Even if you buy an slave and work it to death it would be less of a pain in the ass.
Not cost effective, do you even slavery?

What's wrong with what he said?
If MC is going to buy an slave and then treat her like a regular human being then I don't see any problem. It's certainly better than whatever any other possible master had in store for her.

I guess sex slavery aint so bad either. All the free sex and travel a young child or woman could ever want.

How expensive can some nigger from Africa be anyway? Not to mention that the people who owned slaves weren't ones to really give too much of a fuck about being cost effective.

You can't rape, kill, torture, beat, or commit numerous other atrocities on a worker though.

Okay genius, what would you do?

You can afford one (1) girl
You can
a) buy her and teach her about freedom
b) watch her get sold to someone else who will treat her like a slave
c) watch her not get sold for whatever reason, and then killed

Which of these is the best option Mr. Moralfag
Feel free to add your own scenario if you want, honestly that will probably be funnier.

>All the free sex and travel a young child or woman could ever want.

Not that user and I understand you're being sarcastic but you have a point.
All those sex trafficked children and women are getting way more laid than the entirety of Sup Forums combined.

The Irish were slaves. Hell, the Irish was worth less than a slave in those days. Kill a slave and you owe his master. Kill a potato and you owe his master a beer at best.

>How expensive can some nigger from Africa be anyway?
Really fucking expensive you nonce

>Not to mention that the people who owned slaves weren't ones to really give too much of a fuck about being cost effective.
>People who ran large businesses didn't care about cost-effectiveness

Okay, you're just an idiot.

You talk as if that was some sort of achievement.

>How expensive can some nigger from Africa be anyway?
>In 1850, an average slave in the American South cost the equivalent of $40,000 in today's money.
Not cheap enough to just work to death without a care. You can only afford to do that if you're not paying for the slaves.

I don't care either way but you I find it funny that the target audience for this shit is actually real and that the "slave wat do?" side plots aren't just the writers magical realm plot device everyone just ignores.

I do the not retarded thing and ignore the whole slave market because if I only have enough money to afford one girl then that money is better served towards ensuring that I have three hots and a cot rather than spend all the precious savings I have on freeing a girl so she can live as a starving street urchin rather than a slave.

Fuck, that's expensive.
And yeah, I'm retarded. I was only thinking about those rich dudes who hired slaves to clean their shit and all of that, I forgot about the large businesses.

Most MCs in these kind of situations are rich as fuck anyway.
Which of ocurse raises the question of why don't they buy as many slaves as they can if they are magnanimous enough to free one of them from a life of suffering.

Because isekai MC morals operate entirely on the question of "is a cute girl in trouble"?

Heaven forbid someone discuss how they would react in a fictional scenario.
"What would you do" is one of the main attractions of isekai, it's almost always some schmuck (you) thrust into various different scenarios.

>afford: to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect.

Afford implies you already have essentials, don't nitpick.

What these isekai novels miss most often is the reason for the existence of household slaves.

The things you take for granted nowadays, like washing your dishes, taking a bath, going to the shops, cleaning your toilet, cooking, etc. All those things were a real bitch to do back then. That's why most people in the Bronze Age and Iron Age who were above a certain level on income owned slaves, it was a comfort thing.

Owned a household slave in those times is like owning a car and a computer today, makes your life a whole lot easier.

But in isekai world those things aren't a problem, mostly because isekai authors don't really know enough history to write convincing fantasy and don't really care to do good worldbuilding anyway.

Not all, but a large amount of humanity doesn't have nearly as much moral scruples as others assume. In the case of slavery even now it's incredibly rampant across the globe, that's with it being illegal and publicly shunned in most civilized societies. Remove those two parts from the equation and many a human will act upon their desires more unless they normally adhere to a higher code like religion for example. But if it's just the constraints of social acceptance many will act out if those restraints are no longer there.

if I could legally own black people I would, there's no moral relativism there

>immediately
>implying he hasn't already been embracing it along with everyone, including you, who is also a slave to society.

I literally drop a series if the MC buys a sex slave. That's disgusting.

But like said, if you have the power to make one person's life better, would it not be the morally correct thing to do so?

By buying that slave you could give her a decent life and treat her as a person. If you don't buy her, she's probably going to be bought by someone that follows the normal conventions of the world and treat her as a slave or she'll die of sickness in the cage. Which do you think is a thing a decent person would do?

> He would willingly pollute his local gene pool with conquered people
Do you even eugenics?

You know how the saying goes, when in Rome do as the Romans do.

>Which do you think is a thing a decent person would do?
Nothing, for the same reason you don't donate all your wealth to a homeless person you meet on the street in this world.

It's hilarious how much this entire conversation hinges on the slave being a cute girl you want to fuck.
There are real world equivalents you could be helping RIGHT NOW but you don't. But somehow you're still fantasizing about helping cute girls in need. And you claim to be a moral person.

And before you start bitching "b-but what about you" the difference is I'm not pretending to be a moral person in my cute slave girl harem fantasies.

Have they ever bought a slave purely for labor and never improved their condition in any isekail?

This. Hopefully the next thread will be just as good.

The latter situation is literally the same thing as the former situation, the MC is just dressing it up in morally acceptable terms so they feel better about it.

Because, let's be real here, 99% of these characters only buy cute girl slaves because in the back of their mind they're expecting some poon for their troubles. Because she's stuck with him. She has no choice. She was a fucking marketable commodity a few moments ago, she has not a single gold piece to her name and probably no valuable skills. If she leaves him, she'll probably end up as a slave again. So really, she has no option but to stick with you, and suck your dick every night just to make doubly sure you don't abandon her.

Even if you spend several years giving her a basic education and ensuring she has a stable lifestyle, you're still basically executing a Hikaru Genji at that point.

You know this, I know this, the MC knows this. She's going to end up in his harem regardless because what else is she going to do?

Again, most MCs are stupidly rich. For them buying an slave couldn't be compared with giving all their money to a homeless person.
And now that you mention it, I would like to see an MC in a situation where they actually have to take a huge hit on their finances to buy the cute slave girl. It'd make it more worthy of praise than "I have a bajillion gold coins so I'll waste three of them on this girl because why not".

If they want slaves then why not capture one? Cut the middleman.

>And now that you mention it, I would like to see an MC in a situation where they actually have to take a huge hit on their finances to buy the cute slave girl. It'd make it more worthy of praise than "I have a bajillion gold coins so I'll waste three of them on this girl because why not".
This actually happens more often than not because "buy kemonomimi slave girl" is often one of the first things that happen in the story and the MC specifically grinds out cash doing quests just to buy her.
It also doesn't fucking mean jackshit because right after spending all his dosh on buying his first (or second) harem member the MC is probably going to make tons more dosh anyways.

>MC is an OP faggot with no challanges
>Goal is to build a harem of 100 girls
>Doesn't pick the cute Dragonewt girl for pocket change
These are levels of faggotry that should not exist in this world.

You are mostly right, but even so the usual fate of a slave bought by a harem MC is a million times better than what she would usually get it.
Having to stick around some faggot from another world and pretend you love him might be shit but that way at least she will be trated as a human being instead of being worked to death or fucked till she can't even feel her legs.

>And you claim to be a moral person.
For the record, I was and actually insulting you for being a moralfag. Personally I think we're all selfish assholes and that altruism doesn't exist.

Because MC doesn't know the slave magic that makes them unable to disobey

Because then she isn't indebted to you which makes things harder.

Unless you have mind control magic. Then it's all good.

Muhammad: The Manga.

I know, what I want is for the MC to actually have financial problems because he bought a commodity that is usually exclusive for extremely rich guys.
Usually it's either
>I have so much money that buying this slave is as hard as buying some food in a street stall
or
>fuck, I wasted a lot of money on this girl. Oh, what's that? I did some bullshit and now I'm rich? Well, how convenient.

Just owning a slave isn't the whole of the ideal fantasy unless it's a super edgy H-doujinshi. The other half of the equation is the part where somehow the slave is grateful to the master.

What's the point of getting slaves if you aren't sending them to the cotton or sugar cane fields.

>You are mostly right, but even so the usual fate of a slave bought by a harem MC is a million times better than what she would usually get it.
>Having to stick around some faggot from another world and pretend you love him might be shit but that way at least she will be trated as a human being instead of being worked to death or fucked till she can't even feel her legs.
This is only true because other slave owners in isekai are universally moustache-twirling villains to make the protagonist look better.

In reality, yeah, a ton of sex slaves get treated like absolute dogshit but a decent amount of them get pampered on as well, because surprise, most people tend to treat cute female slaves who they regularly pork better than most other slaves. So no, getting bought by a harem MC isn't a fate that's a "million times better" than what she'd usually get, more like a coinflip.

Isekai with country flooded with slaves leading to massive unemployement when?

Otakus are scum. What else is new?

But with your average MC she won't even be a sex slave.
Like, literally look at every work with an MC who owns slave. They never force themselves on their slaves or demand shit from them.
You have a guy who saved you form a shittier fate and will probably pamper to you who won't ask anything in exchange, even though he is subconsciously hoping he can get into your pants.
Even as slavers, japanese MCs are beta as fuck.

Not him, but I'm somewhere up the reply chain.
The implication was that I would take her with me on my travels across the land, tuck her in at night, and read her the Constitution until she falls asleep.

No dickings, that would be immoral because of your position.

That's not a slave, you just adopted a daughter.

>MC gets a slave
>after some time hefalls in love with slave
>promises to free her
>she is very happy and eager to tell her bf that she's free
>mc kills her bf in a fit of jealously
Pls do it Japan

Bought.

I bought a daughter, which I own. Slave daughter.

Literally no slave owned by the main characters gets treated like one in isekai stories.

Well, moral relativism only exists if you are breaking rules, violationg laws, and stuff like that.

Gramps was a firefighter and he had a saying that was like: "It is only true altruism if you willingly payed with your life."

Titus Pullo pls go

Is there such a thing as an isekai (or general fantasy story, even) where the requisite overpowered MC takes on the institution of slavery and dismantles it?

This is the reason why most isekai series aren't even close to reach the genius of Sakamoto666's stories. He doesn't need to rely on gimmicks like slavery to make a good isekai, he just needs 6000 slimes.

Yes, the one with the guy who becomes king and has a dragon waifu.
He basically tells the entire country to fuck off with the slavery thing and everyone gets butthurt about it.

>tells the entire country to fuck off with the slavery thing and everyone gets butthurt about it.
At least that part is realistic.

>MC gets a slave
>as per usual MC standards, he's denser than a neutron star
>she desperately falls in love with him but as per usual MC standards he absolutely refuses to have sex with her
>she starts fucking other men to try to make him jealous but it doesn't work at all
>eventually seduces a number of powerful men with her wily charms and builds up a huge amount of influence
>gets MC arrested and thrown in prison
>he gets sentenced to being her sex slave
Pls do it Japan

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha does it with serfdom