youtube.com/watch?v=bCIYjIVDNGI
youtu.be/i8Zpgt5S1sc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

7 years

Not the character design

Shit taste, desu

Great soundtrack and animation.

Hand drawn.

Hard work and dedication pay off in the end.

Excluding being financially succesfull of course.

pretty much everything

There is more to life than money.

youtube.com/watch?v=bCIYjIVDNGI

The Yellow Line race and maybe the end, the rest was ok but not as hype.

Literally everything. I like the dub because I can look at 7 YEARS properly

Everything.

Everything about it was wonderful. I wish I was even kidding. There's just so much good it's hard to even criticize it where it honestly deserves it.

Some bits were inexplicably rushed, others inadequately touch on history (put more positively, storytelling is very 'show don't tell').

I wanted more racing somehow.

KILLER BEATS
KILLER BEATS
KILLER BEATS
KILLER BEATS

I wanted more Crab Sonoshee's boobies

SONOSHEE

Waiting for this with Sup Forums was about half the fun of the actual movie. I remember there were only parts available or something and anons were stitching them together by hand. Then the full rip came out and everyone could enjoy what 7 years of hand-drawn magic can do.

Animation, directing, and music were all pretty good. I was a little disappointed with the romance though, it felt kinda forced.

youtu.be/i8Zpgt5S1sc
>Trava OVA 2 fucking never

They nailed the music
They nailed the animation
They nailed her tits
JP nailed her

every fucking thing

God there was not enough nudity in this movie...

NO SADAME

>What went right?
NOT THE PLOT TELL YOU WHAT

I seem to remember her tits being shown casually?

The plot made perfect sense, as long you watched Trava first, it practically tell you beforehand all about the kind of universe they live in.

>tfw got banned for posting sonoshees tits on Sup Forums yesterday

I want to post them again but evading is a pain on mobile.

I really with we got more scenes with Boiboi and Bosbos.

The plot was fine. Sure it was paper thin, but it's a sci-fi racing movie that shows off the skill of the animators first and foremost. It was what it needed to be and nothing more.

>female lover leaning on MC while he is driving/piloting

Bless this trope.

>heh, im going to rub it in that an anime he like didn't do well financially so he can't like it anymore

ITS A RED LINE DAY

MACHINE HEEAAAAD

they make for probably the cutest couple in modern animation, JP was one of the only Anime MC's I've ever found myself actively rooting for.

Then again most of the cast was incredibly likeable in this. I guess the fact that so much love was put into every detail of the movie, it adds up.

Best scene in the film.

Blood, sweat and tears culminating in a ridiculously spectacular piece of 2D animation with a bang-up soundtrack to boot.

Everything.

This.

Hands down my favourite animation.

All levels except financially.

Imagine if it wasn't just an OVA.
Would a full length series be as good or would it drag on?

People who say this had poor story probably only watched it once, even those that say that the romance between JP and Sanoshee.
It is obvious that Koike planned this very trouhgly, even from the yellow line opening it is clear that they both remembered each other but didn't say anything.

Even if the roboworld premise is cliche and somewhat predictable that doesn't matter. We are talking about a one shot movie were you are supposed to grasp everything quick. What matters here is not the originality but the execution. And in that regard it's flawless. It even makes more sense if you watched the Trava OVAs so you can understand the universe is settled in better.

Apart from that Koike's art style and direction is pretty unique and special. The good animation goes without saying. Same goes with the spot on soundtrack.

I give Redline a sincere 9.5/10 just because I know nothing can be really perfect.

Even those who said that the romance between JP and Sanoshee is bland*

Sorry I am a bit sleepy.

Is there a movie that's better animated than this?

GORI RIDER MOTHER FUC-

This.
There's so many little details you'll not get on the first watch.
You really get the feeling that there's way more to the characters and plot.