"Hey FCC"

This is the last day of the "free" internet

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2014/5/6/5686780/major-isps-accused-of-deliberately-throttling-traffic
cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0646.htm
reason.com/blog/2017/12/14/the-fcc-just-voted-to-repeal-obama-era-n
youtube.com/watch?v=B03eByZia5I
web.archive.org/web/20171126115922/https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/06F8BFD079A89E13852581130053C3F8/$file/15-1063-1673357.pdf
opensocietyfoundations.org/employment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

damn remember how shitty the internet was in 2014

oh it was almost exactly the same? sage

FCC ya

I don't give a fuck.

GOD IS DEAD AND WE HAVE KILLED THEM

what ever did we do before 2 years ago... we totally had to pay for access to all of these shitty le reddit packages.

the funny part about this post is that the man who said this ended up quoting the bible in his death throws, regretting his choices in espousing atheism and leading people astray.

What a glorious day. Commies BTFO

For you

better have one last fap.

i actually do remember, and yeah it was shitty. isps were holding companies hostage, there were throttling you after 2 gigs of data use... republicans are fucking stupid, that hasn't changed.

Glad you're all upset. Fuck Net Neutrality and fuck Jews.

>regurgitating propaganda like a sheep
theverge.com/2014/5/6/5686780/major-isps-accused-of-deliberately-throttling-traffic

wouldn't expect Sup Forumstards to actually keep up on news, or be able to form a long-term picture of a situation due to goldfish memory

the only positive I can see in all of this is that they might shut down Sup Forums over this, or make it prohibitive to access.

please direct me to this

Thank You Ajit!

May KeK protect you on your journey.

>burger understanding of nietzsche

>and fuck Jews.
do yourself a favor and look up the CEOs of the telecoms.

OH NO
A SERVICE THAT USES UP 40% OF AN ISP'S TRAFFIC WAS TARGETED AND WERE TOLD THEY NEEDED TO PAY UP?! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!

actually.
My internet wss about 8 dollars cheaper in 2014. And it was the same price prior to that for about 9 years.

Dont worry guys
Russia is going to make a new interweb 2.0
Fast and Free to all
No spying... Honest comrade

>trucks take up 40% of the interstate
>better ban trucks
ok

Glad to be a member of the EU for once. (Possibly the only highlight)

This shitshow will only result in NN returning within a couple of years.

Buh bye. Does any one know if I can buy extra data with my EBT card?

ISPs were forced to update their fucking equipment and hardware to meet standards, dipshit. With this garbage NN in place, they stopped upgrading completely and passed the bill for streaming sites bandwidth usage to customers. Its 2017 and we have fucking speeds that were T1 in 1990's, nigger.

Nice try kike

>vehicle traffic is comparable to internet traffic
>the internet is comparable to roads
>the internet uses privately-owned infrastructure versus publicly owned roads
WOW I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT LIKE THAT WHAT A PHILOSOPHER YOU ARE, user.

Exactly, perfect way to fuck jews over is to repeal net neutrality.

>some people in Sup Forums actually support an agenda championed by Current Year Man
why do liberals even come to this board? is it LARPing?

>accused

That's not how it works. It will be more free because of free enterprise.

>the internet uses privately-owned infrastructure versus publicly owned roads
Rules for private roads and public roads are the same, which means
>vehicle traffic is comparable to internet traffic
is true.

cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0646.htm

>Municipalities have both a general authority to regulate traffic and the speed of vehicles on streets within their jurisdiction and a specific authority, acting through their legal traffic authority, to set speed limits on local roads, including private roads wholly within the municipality under their jurisdiction.
>including private roads wholly within the municipality under their jurisdiction.

>2. regulate and prohibit, in a manner not inconsistent with the general statutes, traffic,
> in a manner not inconsistent with the general statutes

Good to see you're eating up propaganda-feces though. Internet traffic should not be discriminated against, much like roads do not discriminate against types of vehicles on it. Everyone can use the road to get from point A to point B. Everyone can load up internet content and get the data from point A to point B. It's not rocket science, but apparently maybe it actually is for someone who is eating up Jewish telecom ISP propaganda

>trucks cause 40% of road damage
>make trucks pay more to use road

>SAGE SAGE SAGE!
>PEOPLE CAN'T KNOW ITS MY FAULT THAT I WANTED THIS TO PASS
>I DIDNT KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN I DID IT FOR THE LULZ
>BY THE WAY I GOT KEKED BY A PAJEET AND AN INBRED SENTIENT CLEMENTINE ORANGE!

Sup Forums everybody!

why are you so fixated on who supports an idea versus the merits of the idea itself? do you lack the ability to present an actual argument?

They actually pay less. Tolls in Illinois for trucks average 44c per mile and passenger cars average 75c. This is despite trucks causing more traffic/damage.
You guys are out of your league on this topic. All you're doing is giving Pai's dick a good polish, slurping up the semen, and saying "thank you daddy for the lobbyist propaganda" like a good little girl afterward

POST EVERYWHERE

these

hey hey trump hasnt done anything on the level of retardation as NN, and hopefully wont

The fact that liberals absolutely shilled the shit out of this for months leading up to the resolution should tell you all you need to know.

But here is some non-hysterical coverage on the repeal: reason.com/blog/2017/12/14/the-fcc-just-voted-to-repeal-obama-era-n

You're fucking retarded. Many tolls charge more per axle all over the country. At least use a better analogy. How did you even make it through life being this stupid?

>people use large ammounts of bandwith
>have to upgrade to better equipment because of this
>?????
>PROFIT

this. fucking government bootlickers want to give them power to label anyone a domestic threat just based off words and be able to shut them down remotely. fuck all this bullshit

>not knowing the FCC wanted to throttle bandwidth in 2014
>not knowing they never did because of NN
Say goodbye to free internet dumbass

>Implying democuck era "laws" on the internet were in any way free.
Oh my god! The interwebz is going to back to pre 2015 likeness! IT'S ANOTHER SHOAH!

No

sadly for a federal agency to repeal a rule necessitates an elaborate standard of review, and is subject to court oversight
factors include the proximity of the repeal and the reasons of the repeal must be directly explained. in addition the repeal's effects must be carefully reviewed, on the public and on all businesses involved. whether or not the repeal is a direct product of political motivation can also ice the entire repeal.
given the current members of the supreme court, i strongly doubt this repeal with survive very long once it's subjected to suit.

not surprised to see how many americans know nothing about the american legal system, though. i would advise even laypeople to gain a base understanding of american administrative law.

>Many tolls charge more per axle all over the country.
Yet per mile they end up paying far less than 2 axle cars, which is something I already mentioned. Learn to read.

In case I need to go elementary school on your ass, roads are made up of miles in distance. A truck driving down a rural road is going to do just as much damage to very square inch of it, and they travel much further than some 2 axle commuter who drives 20 miles to work each day. This is how it comes out to be 44c per mile for trucks and 75c for passenger cars, because toll plazas are strategically placed near commuters (not in the middle of bumfuck Iowa).

The same thing will happen to ISP packages now. They'll create data plans that primarily punish the average joe "passenger" customer, by strategically ramping up plans. The entry level plans will be unfair, much like commuters being hit with the 75c per mile on plazas. The bulk plans that Netflix and Google will buy are analogous to truck traffic, because ISPs can't exploit them quite as well on a per-transaction basis.

That's how tolls will work. The ISPs pass down the cost to the lowest level of exploitation, the average consumer. Netflix won't be harmed much by this. ISPs will gain more profit. All because you're retarded and shortsighted as to why this shit was passed 2 years ago in the first fucking place

>taking power away from regulatory agencies and hence, the government, is somehow a lobbyist agenda

Yes, ISP lobbyists. Duh? Would you be surprised if sausage-making corporations lobbied the government to repeal regulation regarding putting rat shit in their links? It's called saving money.

I don't know why you're being a soldier on the internet for lobbyists. You're even lower than a Sup Forums janitor

youtube.com/watch?v=B03eByZia5I
reddit has a little midget brain

>ISPs start blocking frequently trafficked URLs
>They go out of business
>newer ISPs say "fuck those other guys"
>Don't block any urls
>???
>profit

Who wants to start a ISP?

THEY STILL FUCKING DO THAT EXCEPT THEY HAVE AN EVEN BIGGER MONOPOLY.

For you

Bye poorfags.

>try to start up ISP
>Comcast/AT&T have already signed a contract with your municipality saying you can't lay cable near theirs, or hang cable near theirs
>effectively locked out
Yes user, let's start up an ISP! I'm sure it's totally possible and doesn't take a Google-sized company to do it. After all, no one has ever had your genius idea in the past 10 years and you are the first to think of it

No more free marxist propaganda via Youtube, cuck.

This is the first day of the free internet.
Stop watching Netflix and jerking off.
Go edu-muh-cate your self's.

>not choosing a city like detroit where there is only 20% coverage
Checkmate

Remember that lawsuit that defanged FCC regulatory power in 2014-2015? The one which lead to the 2015 reclassification of ISPs

You don't

What a great business plan, selling products to people who don't have money.
is Sup Forums composed of jobless NEETs?

>"A equals B, So B Must equal C"

Please tell me you see this logical fallacy
its not funny, user... please.

You sound like you're projecting. You're just mad you didn't think of it.

REMINDER:

Let's take a look at the actual legal terms of net neutrality
Here's the official document: web.archive.org/web/20171126115922/https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/06F8BFD079A89E13852581130053C3F8/$file/15-1063-1673357.pdf
Let's look at page 15-16 (pic related):
>While the net neutrality rule applies to those ISPs that hold themselves out as neutral, indiscriminate conduits to internet content, the converse is also true: the rule does not apply to an ISP holding itself out as providing something other than a neutral, indiscriminate pathway — i.e., an ISP making sufficiently clear to potential customers that it provides a filtered service involving the ISP’s exercise of “editorial intervention.”
>Such an ISP, as long as it represents itself as engaging in editorial interventi on of that kind, would fall outside the rule. See U.S. Telecom Ass’n, 825 F.3d at 743; FCC Opp’n Pets. Reh’g 28 -29; FCC Br. 146 n.53 . The Order thus specifies that an ISP remains “free to offer ‘edited’ services” without becoming subject to the rule ’s requirements . Order ¶ 556
In conclusion, net neutrality was never what it says on the tin, and is an opt-in system. It made no difference, and was just a foot in the door for further internet regulation.
Governments hate free speech. It allows the populace to come to terms with reality without the rose-tinted goggles of propaganda and indoctrination. So it's no surprise that governments like the US are actively trying to suppress it.

>let me clip the thesis of a post and trim out everything below it
I'm not interested in discussing fallacies with the illiterate

I wouldn't trust Sup Forums to invest $1

"Go eff-see-see yourself"?

Sup Forums is full of capitalist fucking faggots who want to keep the poor down. They keep calling the poor "niggers" and "shitskins," but Whites make up the highest percentage of people living below the poverty line in this country. American mongrels have the intellectual capacity of a fucking potato.

(OP)
opensocietyfoundations.org/employment
>(you)
Now leave

>in order to be called an ISP you have to act like an ISP
well good golly that seems to be exactly how the title Engineer and Doctor are legalized in this country too, who would have thought

Let's take a look at the actual legal terms of net neutrality
Here's the official document: web.archive.org/web/20171126115922/https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/06F8BFD079A89E13852581130053C3F8/$file/15-1063-1673357.pdf
Let's look at page 15-16 (pic related):
>While the net neutrality rule applies to those ISPs that hold themselves out as neutral, indiscriminate conduits to internet content, the converse is also true: the rule does not apply to an ISP holding itself out as providing something other than a neutral, indiscriminate pathway — i.e., an ISP making sufficiently clear to potential customers that it provides a filtered service involving the ISP’s exercise of “editorial intervention.”
>Such an ISP, as long as it represents itself as engaging in editorial interventi on of that kind, would fall outside the rule. See U.S. Telecom Ass’n, 825 F.3d at 743; FCC Opp’n Pets. Reh’g 28 -29; FCC Br. 146 n.53 . The Order thus specifies that an ISP remains “free to offer ‘edited’ services” without becoming subject to the rule ’s requirements . Order ¶ 556
In conclusion, net neutrality was never what it says on the tin, and is an opt-in system. It made no difference, and was just a foot in the door for further internet regulation.
Governments hate free speech. It allows the populace to come to terms with reality without the rose-tinted goggles of propaganda and indoctrination. So it's no surprise that governments like the US are actively trying to suppress it.

Kek has a sick sense of humor, is all I can say.

> Rules for private roads and public roads are the same, which means

you have no idea what rules are for either.

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a privately owned road. Just try driving down a publicly owned road following the same rules as The Indianapolis 500. If the cops don't stop you the laws of physics will.

>a speedway is a road
No, it's a track. Which is why you can't drive down horse racing tracks either.

That's one of the dumbest arguments in this thread, especially considering my post explicitly said "getting X from point A to point B." A race track doesn't get anything from point A to point B, it's a fucking loop completely outside the realm of passenger transport.