Why Is Sup Forums Anti - Net Neutrality?

I'm not an American citizen so I haven't been following the discussion on Net Neutrality as well as I probably should. I've noticed lots of people on Sup Forums are against net neutrality, why? Doesn't the success of the FCC just mean you pay more for internet use now?

Other urls found in this thread:

opensocietyfoundations.org/employment
reddit.com/r/The_Donald/search?q=net neutrality&restrict_sr=on
readplaintext.com/why-the-fcc-s-net-neutrality-rules-could-unravel-cc26c6b96418
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/att-and-comcast-win-lawsuit-they-filed-to-stall-google-fiber-in-nashville/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_Open_Internet_Order_2010
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It comes down to who you want controlling the internet

(((cooperation's))) or (((USgov)))

Sup Forums is anti reddit
Reddit is pro NET neutrality
Sup Forums is anti net neutrality

>Doesn't the success of the FCC just mean you pay more for internet use now?
No?

Who would you side with?
4chinz
Or
Reddit
&
opensocietyfoundations.org/employment

The choice couldn't be easier

Burgers are for it because the Jews are for it. Euros are for it because trolling mutts is funny.

Nobody honestly knows if hosting or transit costs will go up or down. I honestly expect nothing drastic to change.

Literally, unironically, because Trump appointed the guy who is taking it away and because Reddit doesn't like it.
>the absolute state of this board in the current year

>Why Is Sup Forums Anti - Net Neutrality?
Sup Forums isn't anti-NN, the terminal cancer that migrated during the election is

>you pay more for internet

>use ISP for a decade
>NN repealed
>ISP jacks up rates
>other ISP does not/new one pops up that's cheaper
>rinse and repeat

why is everything so fucking black and white these days? it's on or off, good or bad, positive or negative, god forbid someone see something for what it is and not the two extreme ends of what it MAY represent

/thread

Q.E.D

bhecause it's stupid and megacorporations are backing it.

I'm anti-NN because see flag

Fuck me if I know. The only reason to repeal net neutrality is to introduce fast lanes.

oh no here comes adam's smith lazy friar free market!

Soros refuses to pay us

Sup Forums is anti-NN

Ask any board on Sup Forums that isn't Sup Forums and you'll find that people are generally in favor of net neutrality.

Sup Forums is a special exception.

We're dealing with people who think you should be jailed for using the wrong gender pronoun. What the fuck do you expect?

>introduce fast lanes.
Why would they do that? It clearly angers the costumers.
So it will hurt business, and therefor literally nothing will change post-NN.

Pretty much this.
Retards cutting off their nose to spite reddit.

Are you pro PATRIOT ACT?

>Sup Forums is special
Fixed.

>other ISP
>new ISP

Surely you jest

can you explain this. im really uneducated on the subject of NN

>>other ISP does not/new one pops up that's cheaper
>new one pops up that's cheaper
Is everyone on this board this fucking stupid?
How many new ISPs do you think have popped up in the US in the past 20 years?

everything already is a fast lane
you mean they introduce slow lanes

Net neutrality is cancer. Newspeak is powerful, people are actually convinced it provides actual neutrality. It's astounding really. Sheep will be sheep.

It's painfully obvious all these retards have to be from reddit... or is Sup Forums retarded now?

>It clearly angers the costumers.
Half of the country was angry when Trump was elected. Nothing changed.

>So it will hurt business
No, it won't. There's no competition. Your Internet access is fucked. I pay 10$ for uncapped 100 mbps access and I live in fucking Siberia.

Net Neutrality is government tyranny. It's a cute name on what is essentially more government control. It's the opposite of neutrality, it's net control, net censorship.

Just think before 2015, that's without "net neutrality".

blabla

You're retarded, net neutrality has been around for decades, the only thing that changed in 2015 was that some new provisions were introduced.

Because it's Trump's butt boy who is repealing it.

If Trump's FCC was pro net neutrality, every MAGApede on this shithole would be shilling for how great NN is.

Are you fucking stupid? You realize strict regulations prevent new and small businesses from expanding right? You realize the government creates monopolies, right?

>the only thing that changed in 2015 was that some new provisions were introduced.
a fuck ton of privisions

this eventually killed it

>Equating government that has a steady stream to tax income so they don't have to care to a corporation that if they poss enough people off they die
Nigga you are retarded.

What site is that?

What specifically does Sup Forums gain from NN being removed? Or is this a blind hatred thing like.. reddit likes NN so we must hate it. What is the logic in that?

>You realize strict regulations prevent new and small businesses from expanding right?
Explain to me how a new and small ISP would form/expand please.
I'll wait.

>Half of the country was angry when Trump was elected. Nothing changed.

What has an election to do with this? And do you see my flag?
You're pointing out one of the main reasons for why I dislike government.

>No, it won't. There's no competition
What do you mean no competition? The only entity in the USA that has a power monopoly over everything,
is the state.

Pretty much the only acceptable answer. Then again, if net neutrality kills this website it may have been worth it

You have no idea what you're talking about. The provisions that were introduced in 2015 were rolled back. Not the laws that were created pre-2015.

>Trumptards actually think they will be able to buy internet from a "mom and pop" ISP without net neutrality

kek this
can't wait for this rule to go too far and Sup Forumstards stop breathing

Successful controlled opposition. NWO is getting scared so all bets are off and we were overwhelmed.

libbit, donald subsection

USgov at least does some things right despite their overall incompetence.

same here, my internet is $5 70 mbps in Ural Mountains. US can't even afford T1 country-wide

Sup Forums is anti NN because the right is anti NN

>no competition
Plenty of areas around here where only one ISP is available.

What we have now is NOT Net Neutrality. Its an Obama DNC power grab but labeled as Net Neutrality so they could defend anyone overturning it.

The shithole responsible for this place flipping from 90% pro-NN to anti-NN within a year, and all the current anti-NN shill threads infesting it just so everyone knows that BASED DADDY TRUMP never made a mistake and his approval doesn't fall even lower than 33%

reddit.com/r/The_Donald/search?q=net neutrality&restrict_sr=on

Nobody arguing FOR retaining net neutrality seems to understand what it is. From the beginning, it only applies to service providers that choose to be common carriers. ANY ISP THAT FILTERS CONTENT DOES NOT FALL UNDER THESE RULES. Thus, net neutrality doesn’t even apply to the vast majority of the people connected to the Internet in America anyway.

Source (from the FCCs own lawyers during the 2015 net neutrality hearing):

readplaintext.com/why-the-fcc-s-net-neutrality-rules-could-unravel-cc26c6b96418

if they aren't profitable then NN would be a subsidy

>if they poss enough people off they die
Sure, if there's a service to swtich to.

>What do you mean no competition?
Is that why muricans beg for Google Fiber to come to their cities while Comcast does this shit: arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/att-and-comcast-win-lawsuit-they-filed-to-stall-google-fiber-in-nashville/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_Open_Internet_Order_2010

This rule was sufficient before 2014, when it was ruled that AT&T was not a "common carrier" and the courts declared it invalid. The 2015 provisions were added to fill in this legal gap. Remove them and the gap remains unfilled: it's a new lawless realm, not the "good old days."

>Why Is Sup Forums Anti - Net Neutrality?
Because the propaganda is obnoxious as fuck and blatantly false. The people shilling for NN in their free time don't even know what the fuck NN does.
German friend of mine kept ranting about it on and on and was completely unaware that Germany does not have any laws like that when I told him.

>that if they poss enough people off they die
Oh yea, that sure happened in 2007 when GM had to declare bankruptcy because they amassed literal mountains of debt and ended up laying off thousands of people.
They just fizzled out and died.
Oh no wait, the government propped them up because they were "too big to fail."

"Open Internet" is NOT net neutrality

hence the different name

Based Kikes, am I right?

Because Sup Forums actually reads into things, rather than randomly zerging out like plebbit. NN pretty much only screws over companies who do a shitty job with data efficiency.

ISP's get data sent to them and then send data out around the world.

ISP's can tell what type of data something is, you cannot mask this.

ISP's can selectively boost your speeds of data sent depending on the type of data and destinations.

ISP's can also block or throttle data being sent to certain places or destinations.

ISP's can throttle bittorrent to be unusable, and as a substitute give you a "boost package" option to increase streaming speeds.

They can also, just like they do in China, throttle or block the usages of VPN's to get around this.

In other words ISP's now control the flow of packets on the internet and the only people who it dosen't effect are companies like Google, who also said this shit was bad, because they can pay ISP's for their services to work properly.

In other words Sup Forums is laughing because they just made the largest Kike run internet to ever exist but it's okay because people they don't like also apparently are less cucks than them so they love it.

>Why is anyone against giving the government more reglatory power
>We need the government to save Sup Forums

Just off your flag alone, I know you are an orwellian drone who believes the government will protect you. In America people take the opposite stance though and will seek freedom when it appears.

>mfw I've been holding net neutrality for months. It's going to be worth more than Bitcoin.

Well this is autism

this place is cucked by kikes

>new one pops up
LMFAO

>less regulations to adhere to, less licenses and fees to pay
>small businesses can participate now at a cheaper cost because the laws are no longer molded perfectly for larger companies like comcast
>comcast does something stupid (hypothetically) and drives consumers away and towards a smaller company that can now participate in the market (due to less regulation and fees).
You will be crying in a year when this repeal didn't destroy the internet and everyone is completely fine.

its not some cucks just are because reddit is pro NN and le reddit is our enemy

most of Sup Forums and Sup Forums is pro NN but cucks that wanna fight with reddit are against it because they're retarded

>The people shilling for NN in their free time don't even know what the fuck NN does.
The EFF has been shilling for NN for over a decade and have people studying it full-time.

>German friend of mine kept ranting about it on and on and was completely unaware that Germany does not have any laws like that when I told him.
"The provisions on net neutrality are set out in Regulation (EU) 2015/2120 on open internet access. This Regulations aims to establish common rules to safeguard equal and non-discriminatory treatment of traffic in the provision of internet access services and related end-user rights. It aims to protect end-users and simultaneously to guarantee the continued functioning of the internet ecosystem as an engine of innovation."

"In Germany, the Bundesnetzagentur is responsible for enforcing Regulation (EU) 2015/2120 on open internet access."

It's the only way to escape.
Also
It has to get worse before it can get good

This is coming close to the edge.

But honestly, people are just getting poorer and having less, eventually the government will kill the host population.

The real answer is because Molymeme opposes it and these lolbertarians have no understanding of context and nuance; obviously, in an ideal world, net neutrality wouldn't exist and the free market would fix things, but the US telecoms market is so completely rigged already that this change just increases the (state created) monopoly for ISPs.

>less licenses and fees to pay
So tel me user, which licenses and fees are removed by repealing the provisions added to NN in 2015?

Because conservative have already been censored despite NN being in place.

Reminder that all eu flag posters are paid Soros shills

In America, one must pay for everything.

Internet? Fuck you, pay me!
Water? Fuck you, pay me!
Air? Fuck you, pay me!
Education? Fuck you, pay me!

Land of the slaves

Competition does not equate to lack of profit. Not that it matters because there are few enterprises in the world that could or would invest in becoming an ISP if they aren’t one already. I’m not going to get into the whole utility/not-utility debate.

It was not net neutrality in its entirety, but it was generally seen as a move towards establishing net neutrality. The EFF at the time criticized it for not being neutral enough. However, it was sufficient to make illegal a lot of the things that people wanted net neutrality for.

Heavy government regulation has killed "mom and pop" ISP's. You fucking government bootlicking shill.

>less regulations to adhere to, less licenses and fees to pay
What does this have to do with NN, you absolute fucking nigger mutt?

Sup Forums at it's core under all the memes and irony is a libertarian board.
The repeal of Net Neutrality is a reduction of government power.

Of course Sup Forums would be against net neutrality.

The 2015 rules didn’t fix that, though. Once an ISP decides to filter content, it is no longer a common carrier and Title II doesn’t apply.

The whole “net neutrality” thing was just a govt sham to begin with for Obama to score political points with people who didn’t understand to whom the rules applied and to whom they did not.

Obama was elected before 2015

This is making america and the internet great again

>Once an ISP decides to filter content, it is no longer a common carrier and Title II doesn’t apply.
Yes, but then it can't sell you "internet." It can only sell you ghetto internet, labeled as ghetto internet.

Ajit Pai was appointed in 2012 under President Obama you dimwit

Its because NetNeutrality never actually done anything and this is entirely a Left vs Right american political shitfit, like usual.

Go read some tech magazines from 2015-2016 if you want actual info.

The tl;dr is that throttling is, was and will be legal because its impossible to force ISP providers to upgrade infrastructure indefinately and equally for everyone and NN never protected anyone from it, and ISPs are right to charge sites that use more bandwidth, which, comperatively will mean that 99% of the internet is unchanged but you might have to pay 5$ more for your Netflix subscription.

Its all doom mongering salt mining autism of hamburgers.

ah yes, a fresh dose of paranoid schizoid t_d cancer

There's a pretty big difference between control and enforcing a level playing field by law.
I'd much rather have a government preventing predatory behaviour from megacorporations than just handing that cartel free reign. But then again, US corporations and US government are basically the same thing these days so what's the difference.

WOW

ITS AS IF

THIS SHIT

NEVER HAPPEN BEFORE

if these 2 are for net neutrality then you already know its not a good thing.

The fee where I SUCK YOUR COCK. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT AND CAN'T COME UP WITH AN ANSWER. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT HOLY FUCK WHY DID I GET IN THIS CONVERSATION. I CAN'T ANSWER YOU, I LITERALLY CAN'T BECAUSE I'M JUST GOING OFF OF THINGS I HEARD IN YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND I'M NOT GOOD AT RESEARCHING THE THINGS I TALK ABOUT. IT'S OVER. MY INTERNET IS OVER WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE THE INTERNET IS DONE WE'RE ALL GONNA DIDFNJEG;KAGKSGN

>Sup Forums constitutes the majority of all 4chins traffic
>Sup Forums's views are ever a special exception

>I'm not an American citizen so I haven't been following the discussion on Net Neutrality as well as I probably should. I've noticed lots of people on Sup Forums are against net neutrality, why? Doesn't the success of the FCC just mean you pay more for internet use now?
They're paid shills.

Because this fucking website is fucking infested with normie dumb asses and cucks. Most will be just grunts in the race war, not the intellectuals leading the war. They dare not ascend past these lowly ranks, they are stupid.

well, you would only be interested to improve or build new infrastructure if it was profitable.

That means if there are areas where only one mediocre solution is already almost too expensive, wont get more unless you subsidize or pay more.

This has nothing to do with NN, retardo.