>get up and walk around house

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CSKkTaZw1QQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God damn it, that werewolf is cute!

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei

>embarassing/cliche moment in anime
>pause and facepalm
The strange thing is, anime is the only form of media that gets this reaction out of me.

Same. Haven't happened to me recently tho. Last time was this

youtube.com/watch?v=CSKkTaZw1QQ

>Character talks about unrequited love and it hits too close to home
>Turn off anime, call in sick for work, and lay in bed for days

What has Sup Forums become?

Not allowing someone to ask once in a reply which series was the source of some unattributed unsearchable picture has become ridiculous.

>generalised anxiety disorder victims anonymous
how does anime make you do this though?
only real life 3DPD experiences and shows can make me do this.
This is especially true for reality tv and live television broadcasts and interviews.
Anime is the only medium that frees me from this torment.

So if this happens to you with anime maybe anime has become too real for you.

For the longest time I didn't actually believe anyone did this.

How autistic are you?

>embarrassing moment in anime
>pause video and shitpost on Sup Forums for a while.

It's called empathy and it generally helps to have it.

That's not what empathy entails. Empathy entails being able to understand why a fictional character feels the way they do even if you aren't going what they're going through. Pausing the video from second hand embarrassment is a combination of autism and literally projecting yourself onto the character.

Autism would entail a lack of empathy.

No, there are a lot of social interaction deficits associated with autism, as well as nervousness and being over conscious. Lack of what you're pretending it's empathy is not the definition of autism.

GOD, I KNOW THIS FEEL
I CAN'T WATCH COMEDY MOVIES BECAUSE OF IT
So much is uncomfortable to me, because of this shitty autism.

>embarrassing moment in manga
>light up another blunt

Get on my level.

>ERPing in a game
>have to get up and pace around my computer after everything I say

>put an anime ringtone on my phone
>have it set on silent all the time anyways

>Watch anime
>Enjoy anime
>Watch more anime
>Read some manga and play some games as well
>Have fun
You guys suck at this.

>pause it and go do something else and forget about it

Should try watching something with sex-scenes with someone.

Or a Horror-Movie.

>someone.
Don't have anyone to watch with.

>embarrasing moment in anime
>immediately drop all anime, renounce worldly desires, and move to tibet to pursue the path of the monk

Why not become an English monk?

Why didn't we see anyone transform. Why even have supernatural elements if they're not relevant at all, also Kobeni is perfection

Because this is a Tibetan Monk Chanting forum?

Nuh-uh. Empathy is a very broad term. Feeling the same as someone we observe is included in that term
Not necessarily
Also there is no clear-cut definition of autism, but lacking empathy is one of the the usual suspects

Empathy is not projecting yourself onto a character. Lack of empathy is not a usual suspect for autism.

Where do you internet armchair shrinks come from?

Nobody said you have to be projecting yourself in order to feel for them, feeling second hand embarrassment is empathy.
>Lack of empathy is not a usual suspect for autism
Yes is it, a child that can´t understand those around them, cant pick up its mothers emotions, doesn´t understand why other children react the way they do, thats the kid you should have tested.
>internet armchair shrinks
you´re not much different bud

>Yes is it
Actually for children at least it legitimately is not, one of the key differences is that children don't have a very developed sense of empathy.

Except I have formal education and experience in the field, which is why I can safely say that you and every idiot like you are full of shit. But please, keep reading Wikipedia and webmd, misconstruing what both say, and then posting online pretending to understand what you're taking about.

I do thos all the time. The Krauts have a word for it but it's basically second hand embarassment. Further it seems to be more social than GAD so you're looking at SAD probablly.
Honestly rather than a G/SAD thing I'd say it results from an over use of emphatic thought.

>that's not what empathy entails
You have like, fuck all idea about empathy then G. Empathy is literally the ability to self-insert, any way.

>wake up in the middle of the night
>can't stop thinking about it
>can't sleep anymore

>Empathy is literally the ability to self-insert, any way.
Jesus Christ, how far gone are you?

>children don't have a very developed sense of empathy
Compared to average, well developed adults, they dont.
But you can clearly make out which ones are lacking it more than others, usually their pre-school teachers are the ones to notice, since they monitor them over prolonged time periods, alongside parents obviously. It is also posible that the child has developed empathy, but doesnt know how to express it, react, or doesn´t understand what is it. But enough of that, this is already way off topic. If you dont believe, look it up. If you don´t care, oh well, have a nice day either way

I am aware of the operational definition of empathy. Nothing more or less. It's the ability to contemplate emotions and issues that another person experiences and understand them from a personal perspective.

Please don't act like an expert on the internet because you think no one knows better. Yes, empathy isn't the entire cause of second hand embarassement but it's certainly a large factor.

If you want to argue this further we can get into proper operational definitions and research. I'm game.

>embarrassing moment in manga
>laugh and don't feel nervous because I'm not an autistic piece of shit

>I'm an internet pro with no actual education or training in the field
>But I have 4 tabs of Wikipedia open, and my fedora in hand, ready to debate
Go get yourself tested for aspergers. No I'm not joking.

Fremdschämen does not quite equal secondhand embarrassment, I think.

>no education or training
If that's what you want to think. There's a good chance I am better equiped to talk about this stuff than you are.

Second hand embarassment is another name for the term, it's not supposed to be a linguistic translation.

It's essentially laughing at the expense of others' misfortune, not second hand embarrassment.

Being diagnosed with autism doesn't make you a qualified expert.

Having literally nothing to say technically means your shitposting. Reminder that ironic shit posting is still shitposting

Nothing to say? You reading Wikipedia doesn't make you a shrink. Do you have any academic or professional training in the field? No? Then the shit you spew after googling these words doesn't make you qualified to speak on what they mean it how they're interpreted. It's really that fucking easy.

this but without the gung ho attitude to actually say it in front of others, even online

>Do you have any academic or professional training in the field? No?
Yes. What now, buddy? As I said before, there's a good chance I know more than you. Unless you're also trained and educated, I'd say I certainly do. Even if you are depending on how much post grad I still may well be.

Oh good lord, you're a social pysch undergrad, aren't you?

>social psych
Cog neuro, not undergrad.

If someone listened to a song and couldn't recognize the tune until the words kicked in, which part or his brain isn't working right?

It happens in the 8th volume of the manga but the anime ends on vol 5

But that's wrong.

>quizing people on the internet
Auditory cortex- amusia.

Now that you've asked me a question that anyone with the slightest understanding of the terminology and google could answer, tell me what you do.
Chances are you're a fucking Psychiatrist given your attitude.

>it's a 'psychologist attempts to diagnose Sup Forums' episode
Both of you fuck off.

No one was trying to diagnose shit. I just suggested it was tied to empathy. He flipped his shit at how I was operationalising it and now we're here. Carry on without us.

I said both of you, I don't care how it started but you're both shitposting at this point.

Sure took your time googling that one, didn't you?

And I was looking for Broca's area.

>I just suggested it was tied to empathy
No, you said
>Empathy is literally the ability to self-inser
Try not to trip when you start backpedaling.

I have to admit I did check it up. You never answered my question. Whether you're satisfied with MY credibility or not you can at least reciprocate.

>he literally googled it and didn't get the right answer
wew
Not even him

Self inserting is nothing more than projecting onto someone, which, in the context of discussion was what you claimed to be the 'autisitic' cause behind second hand embarassment. If it was simply projection without overactive empathy why would anyone respond the the percieved embarassment of the individual?

I'm a guy who doesn't have to google things and misinterpret wikipedia articles about what things like empathy mean, and doesn't say stupid shit like "Empathy is literally the ability to self-insert", I've also worked with autistic patients, and am familiar with some autism research being done to the point that I don't say stupid shit like "Lack of empathy is a big indicator of autism".

>characters do the fall down shit
>ask myself "why?"
>continue watching but with increasing frustration

That was a different poster.

>Edgy, serious, sad moments in anime
>Don't bat a eye
>Slightly embariousing moment in anime
>Pause the video and shit post on Sup Forums for two minutes. Get super embarrassed myself as if it were happening to me.

You still backed him up there champ.

Self inserting isn't projection. Projection is when you see your own personality in someone else. Self inserting is imagining yourself as that person. Empathy is the ability to understand someone's feelings whether or not you feel them yourself or agree with the reasoning behind it.

Projecting onto someone would mean seeing your own personality in them when it doesn't exist.
Self inserting means projecting your own self into that character's place, imagining how cool it'd be to be like the MC of this story.
Empathy means understanding why the MC is sad without a monologue and understanding the reason why the villain is angry.

>embarrassing moment in Anime
>"Ha, what a fucking loser"
>the exact situation has happened to me multiple times

That would be Schadenfreude.

I remember having this kind of feeling about a specific episode of some non anime cartoon when i was a kid

and i am literally autistic, diagnosis and all

so there's a data point for you i guess

It was a rhetorical question. I already knew that people who did this were autistic.

I cant watch LWA without doing this cause Akko causes me so much pain

>Tfw watching little witch academia
Akko is too much of an autist to handle, holy shit. I have the pause it sometimes

is this really a symptom of autism? because it does happen to me a lot

no

>not skipping the embarassing parts

STOP I'M UNCOMFORTABLE

>show zero emotion irl
>impossible to embarrass
>pause and facepalm whenever something embarrassing happens in anime
Why.

You are more empathetic to 2D anime waifus than to IRL people.

>harem seriously tries to kill MC
>pause DVD and go up to my room to process the cringe

Goddamn you Infinite Stratos 2.

Everytime a character anywhere in any piece of media gets up in a stage in front of other people I get cold sweat.

>kissing or sex scene
>cover eyes in embarrassment

Wait, manga? Do people really get second hand embarrasment from manga? I can understand anime, on average it took me an hour to watch an episode of Watamote, but I never had such issues with inanimate media like manga.

Are you up to date with watamote manga, there is a chapter I read recently that made me feel worse than anything in years.

The Zenkichi scene in Medaka Box really made me cringe

How recent are we talking about? I'm pretty sure I'm up to date, but there hasn't been anything particularly embarrassing for a long time now. Stuff like the pure slut arc is more funny than embarrassing.

>pure slut
I guess you passed it if you mean this scene by that
This hurt so much

I've been reading Bakuman and multiple times I've had to stop during uncomfortable scenes when characters argue or are embarrassed.