Can someone explain to me what happened in this chapter...

can someone explain to me what happened in this chapter? she teleports a piece of the fucking sun into the megastructure? how? why? what was going on? i can't blame killy for freaking out here.

The sun was already inside the megastructure. The megastructure encompasses the entire solar system.

but that doesn't explain how a safeguard can have the clearence level for transporting it,

check your level 9 safeguard privilages

I think cibo had acces to the netsphere when she was doing the hacking thing but then got hacked and the silicon guys downloaded a safguard level 9 into her body and then used the privileges granted by the netsphere to downlad a piece of sun or something along those lines I can't recall very well right now been years since I read it

no. remove safeys.

on a side note what made cibo transform into one anyway? why not a level 9 governer?

>tfw your waifu will never download a piece of the sun to melt your shit

why even process...

Oh now I recall I think she used (cibo) the conexion genes provided by the fetus in her womb to acces the netsphere that's why she has acces and then why the safguard has acces to all that cool stuf from the netsphere

wtf is a lvl 9 governor m8?
the most advanced silicon lifeform was a lvl 9 safguard or did I miss something :v

silicon lifeform are separate from safeguards.

safeguards are supposed to be the netsphere police basically and the governing agency is like, well, the government. they do other shit that doesn't necessarily involve mutilating humans.

and level 9 probably isn't highest. if it was then why didn't she download killy's gun?

Why did Cibo have to die

oh right my bad I'm a bit confused I have read the manga a couple of times and still have mixed facts in my mind lol

she didn't die, she lives in your heart, user

Why are you posting like a retard?

did she die? i mean for all we know she was uploaded into the netsphere by the fetus babby.

speaking of which what happened? did it just drown in the fucking seawater?

this manga really exposed me to an interesting scale of time and distance. in one of the caves didn't 20 years go by for cibo? what was she doing in that time? so many questions left unanswered. i want nihei to retcon the ending just so he can flesh it out even further. i liked biomega and sydonia don't get me wrong, but to me blame! was the master blueprint.

I like pretending :c

Susono Musubi was a human during NetSphere's Beta phase, she was then captured and modified into a Silicon Life-form. The transformation was issued by the NetSphere officials (later the powerless Governing Body) thus the technologies were complete and superior in comparison to the Silicon creatures' knowledge from hacking the NetSphere archives. This is evident in both appearance and functionality. NetSphere body modifications enable the manifestation to maintain the outer appearance of human and self-repairing capabilities while illegitimate Silicon creatures do not.

Susono was one of the first original Safe Guards deployed by the NetSphere to stop hacking attempts and annihilate illegal Silicon Creatures made from stolen NetSphere technologies. The NetSphere was originally designed to be a dream-realisation machine for the good of mankind, as it grants the registered End-User access to God-like privileges, but it was perverted by the Society Elites who thirst for more power and longevity. Later overwhelmed by hacking attempts from rebel groups, activists and profit-oriented criminals, the NetSphere crashed and went into Self-protective overdrive, that rejected its terminal authentication and stopped issuing new End-user licenses altogether.

cool story brah ;^)

The megastructure does not 'encompass' the solar system you mong, it *ate* the solar system

Cibo lost her mind (in the literal sense) and the high-level Safeguard that was downloaded into her body had high-level security clearances. Said clearances allow the Safeguard to conjure up means of stopping an enemy up to a certain point (relative to their level). Killy didn't realize that it was Cibo; he just assumed it was another threat, so he shot it as it fired a healing beam at him. By his attacking its self, the Level 9 came to recognize Killy as an enemy/threat, and tried to kill him with a chunk of the sun. This was not a miscalculation of the threat or anything of the sort; in fact, it took at least several seconds of literally existing in the sun for him to so much as lose consciousness, and the attack ultimately didn't even kill him. Image is Killy, having emerged from the molten whatever, shooting Level 9 Cibo again. His shooting her twice is why she was completely disabled after that point, and couldn't just summon sun-bits to deal with every threat.

>speaking of which what happened? did it just drown in the fucking seawater?
Gee, maybe read the last page of the manga and find out

Killy healed, and now has to bring the child to a terminal in order to access the Netsphere and deal with the issues. He succeeds after an interminable amount of time, as we can distinctively see in NSE and Blame 2.

Killy states he started his journey 8000 years ago. how the fuck could the sun be consumed that fast?

No, he doesn't. And you've clearly not read any of the material outside of the original Blame! manga.

> it's megastructure, I ain't gotta explain shit

Ive read noise but it was a while ago. I. Couldbhave sworn the timeframe from him traversing floors was brought up.

Killy is never even mentioned in NOiSE. And before you type it, shut up - yes, you know who you are.

Anyway, there is *a* timeframe, but it's not Killy's; it's Susono Musubi's. And she's presumed dead.

What about that short prequel showing him as just an officer or something

Not a prequel. That's the original oneshot that was published in 1995; not part of NOiSE. That said, he was a cop prior to the Netsphere disaster anyway.

Man that really makes me wonder how he transitioned into the pre safeguard system. Did he opt in or was it given to him? I cant tell what drove him since i cant assume his approach was like susono who has an end user license for the netsphere before its crash.

Also are the first three chapters acutuallythe last since the kid is said to be 'pure'?

I like to imagine it as Killy having been given a 'promotion' in the police establishment which entitled him to brand new, cutting-edge technology that was simply prototypical and which was not planned to be implemented across the human departments; which, rather, was intended to later serve as a fully robotic replacement of the police. The Net goes crazy, Safeguards emerge before their intended release as law enforcement, and all the cops, except for Killy, die.

This way, Killy has an excuse for having stuff that the Safeguards never did - both his gear and his body are prototypical; they were never implemented into the Safeguard system(s) before the Netsphere went haywire.

No. It can be read that way if you deliberately choose to ignore some stuff but, in general, no. Starting reason: the kid at the beginning doesn't appear to have the Net Terminal Gene, and also dies. Killy succeeds. The argument then must shift to the series being cyclical, which is an entirely different animal.

Sounds like major from gits.but taken to an extreme. Do you think he still regrets shooting cibo? I mean what would have happened if he didnt?

You mean the story loops from the 6pth chapter? I heard of it but i cant fathom such an idea. Also what are the watchers? A species?

I think he regretted it the first time, didn't regret it the second. If he didn't shoot her, she'd probably have just continued firing off whatever until he was verifiably dead.

The Watchers were just an insignificant species. Killy (presumably) extinguishes them when he blows up that nest.

This series was god tier.

Will there ever be another story that combines the stark beauty of an abandoned megastructure and its a sense of scale, distance, and forces far beyond humanity, with a badass protagonist and his gigantic OP gun?

Be that as it may o was scared of theor attack. What even was that pssshhtt gleam shit?

>What even was that pssshhtt gleam shit?
Terrifying, which explains why Killy wanted to genocide them. I think that's like the only time he does anything proactive in the manga.

Its crazy because i value teamwork but if i saw that shit id throw you at them as a diversion.

Would you have the time?

Not with a regular human body. Honestly i think id have to figure out ways to extend my life long enough to accumulate powerful augmentations to defend myself against fuckers like these and the exterminators. Like weve seen some powerful silicunts woth limited access to netsphere tech.