Why do people fawn over KyoAni as if they make masterpieces?

Why do people fawn over KyoAni as if they make masterpieces?

I saw a Youtuber give K-On a 10/10 and I'm baffled.

cute girls and pretty colors > writing

Good animation.

>kyoani
>youtube
checkem

10/10 is pretty low for K-ON.

I can already guess which youtuber that is

because they do make masterpieces
though K-ON is not one of them

>Youtuber
Fuck off.

Did he get invited to Kyoani event as a special guest by licking so hard?

Sexy girls

k-on season 2 is a 10/10 though

at least in the SOL genre

>Youtuber give K-On a 10/10

Why do YOU think people might like KyoAni?

Which shows have you seen?

I want to take Reina's virginity and watch her cry as she screams it should have been Taki Sensei.

No Akage no Anne is a 10/10 SoL. K-On is more like a 6/10. All the characters were manufactured in a factory to be cute flawless dolls who fit perfectly into their assigned archetype with no depth or nuance.

>watching youtube anime reviews
I don't think you're in any position to talk about taste.

I don't even know what youtube is that makes ME the coolest person here so all of you just suck my dick.

They're both 10/10, you dumb nigga.

Kyoani doesn't care about hobo looking western weebs. Unlike Trigger, they aren't dying or resort to shameless shilling on the western 2ch counterpart to have a fanbase.

The last 10/10 Kyoani made was Tamako Market. Nothing but mediocrity since.

Its actually really sad to see

>I saw a Youtuber
I see a faggot.

The last 10/10 was Hyouka, you fucking cunt.

(OP) #
Their shows have great visuals, with some impressive cinematography and very fluid animation. I actually can't wait to watch Koe no Katachi because of how great the cinematography looked in the trailer. It's like they captured reality itself.
However, I don't like their character designs and some of the lighting effects they use in action scenes(Kyoukai no Kanata), which I feel are too flashy and don't really add to the scenes--a bit like Ufotable, except KyoAni isn't using those visual effects to hide flaws. Their stuff is actually good with or without the VFX, unlike Ufotable.
That's why I like them, but I wouldn't say that's the case for everyone. I think most of us like them because the stuff they make is fun and has likeable characters.

Why suddenly bring up Trigger, user? Do you hate them so much that they're what's on top of your mind constantly?

Sounds unhealthy to me.

Speaking of Trigger, have they made anything noteworthy since KlK? I haven't been following them.
I still hope to see the day when they make something as good as FLCL.

They're doing Little Witch Acadamia now. If that counts as good.

Not him but Trigger is the most prominent example of western pandering in the anime industry, so obviously it's a fair call to bring them up in that context.

They're doing LWA this season m8. And coordinating with people in the threads to set up a patreon for western fans to donate to, which I think is absolutely pathetic and should cost them their verified capcode here.

This is the most Sup Forums thread on this board today.

>watchijg anime youtubers
>>>/reddit/
Fuck off

Oh, right. I did love the OVA. I should give the series a try.

K-on was zietgiest tier shit. If you were there at the time you would understand. I look back on it with disinterest, I don't even think I could force myself to rewatch it but God damn, at the time it was something else.

Kyoani is shit as a studio though. There's very little argument to the opposition that isn't muh money.

Don't get your hopes up.

>KyoAni is shit as a studio
Not with those amazing visuals. Their animation work is clearly something else.

The arguments of why they're shit are nonexistent

Because they make at least one masterpiece a year and they're by far the best anime studio out there, and that isn't changing any time soon.

>terrible narratives
>shit second seasons
>gimmick visuals to promote studio branding and style over the products that they're creating
>photoshop backgrounds on occasion
>very little range
>very little innovation
and finally, as of late they've resorted to pandering to niche audiences in order to gain attention.

Unlike all the better studios who produce good shows and put the shows first they've bet it all on their 'brand' and now the steam is running out they have to fill the engine with /u/ndesirables and fujos.

Pandering is the begging of funnel vision and subsequently aggresive attention to minor demographics
That regressive and recursive feed back loop sucks any remaining quality out of the desperate leech until they're dead.

Trigger is riding the same wave.

It takes more than visuals to make a good show.

First post best post

I wouldn't call most of what they do "masterpieces", but I do agree that they a cut above other studios in a lot of fields. I think, however, that they're beat by Shaft's sheer originality direction-wise, and that Madhouse is better at being generic. But visually, KyoAni is probably one of the best studios, if not the best, for its use and display of amazing cinematography and fluid animation.

>very little range
>as of late they've resorted to pandering to niche audiences

False. I wasn't there and I love K-On.

>superficial sexual pandering
>range
Wow the girls like girls now. The must have a new and talented writer on board.

Maybe.
Maybe it's more of an 'at that point' sort of thing. Who knows.

>it's not range if I say so
Point on the doll where KyoAni touched you.

Just watch what you want and form your own opinion idiot.

And yes,K-on is one of the biggest highs points of the medium.

It's the exact same shit but with a tiny tweak in gender. Nice fucking range, retard.

"high points"
kek

>And yes,K-on is one of the biggest highs points of the medium
How so?

The exact same as what, exactly?

>it is literally not range, literally because I said so
I'm getting the feeling you're using words you don't understand.

>How so?

No one who's seen K-ON would say that.

GET HIM!

No one with an actual reasoning behind their words would back out from giving an explanation. What was so special about K-On that made it a "turning point" in Japanese animation? It wasn't the first slice of life with an all girl main cast. It certainly was the most significant, but that's not enough to back up your claims.

Havent made a masterpiece in years my easily impressed dude

>youtuber
Fuck off.

>2016 was years ago
damn

K-On! is the objectively best SoL anime. It being a 10/10 solely depends on you liking SoL.

Tamako Market was 2013

>I saw a Youtuber give K-On a 10/10 and I'm baffled.
Dude is wrong clearly since K-On!! is the 10/10

2013 just happens to be the year they did nothing but shit.

>Why do people fawn over KyoAni as if they make masterpieces?
Because they're frequently made for sex

The same way people treat Nintendo.
>same style but different execution
>adapts new style relatively late but with traces of the old
Is KyoAni the Nintendo of Sup Forums?

>Fuck off.
Kill yourself.

>Posting on Sup Forums
Kill yourself

Literally most Reina doujins.

Fuck off back to youtube.

>soon Sup Forums will fawn over e celebs just as much as v

just kill me now

Because when you're able to divorce the subject matter from the studio's capabilities to perform their function you realize Kyoani is pretty much top of the line as far as tv anime is concerned. Whether you like the products from a consumer's perspective is completely irrelevant.

>Why do people fawn over KyoAni as if they make masterpieces?
The reason is right there in your pic.

Who are those people?

>I saw a Youtuber
Way to instantly ruin your thread.

>I saw a Youtuber give K-On a 10/10 and I'm baffled.
Get a load of this faggot, he doesn't think K-ON is a 10/10.

I rate K-On a 10/10 too so I really don't see the problem here.

>I saw a Youtuber

>All the characters were manufactured in a factory to be cute flawless dolls who fit perfectly into their assigned archetype with no depth or nuance.

What an overeducated and pretentious greater-than-thou fucking faggot you are.