Questions about the Net Neutrality Repeal

Hey Sup Forums, I haven't been keeping up with the whole Net Neutrality thing lately, but I did get the news of the FCC vote. Of course, I've been led to believe this was a bad thing, but I'm not exactly sure. Is this really as bad as its made out to be? Could it be a good thing? Not trying to troll I swear, just confused.

Now Goygle, faceberg, and JewTube aren't the only ones allowed to censor you, the ISPs can do it too

read

literally the opposite

You mean Goygle, Faceberg, and JewTube are forbidden from censoring you now?

On my phone so can't type much, but here's a post I wrote a while ago on the basics of it.
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/151651975/#151654346

It all comes down to if you're more libertarian or authoritarian.
If you're more libertarian then the repeal is a good thing.
If you're authoritarian then it's a bad thing.

If I read that correctly, is the Christmas Eve order being subject to repeal as well?

Heres what i get from reading countless threads.

We have a choice of China censorship online or Australia tier speeds for everyone. Horray!

Now everyone please proceed to call each other jews and shills.

Libertarians are fuckin' idiots

Name me ONE successful libertarian state

Name one successful anything state.

Switzerland

kinda went over my head

So them repealing net neutrality, combined with other laws and shit, allow the government to legally shut down whatever the fuck they want?
And we can't do anything about it?

Still has to get through congress and the courts, we can still stop it. Look into it and learn how to fight it.

Them not repealing*

FTFY

NN is Fairness Doctrine 2.0.

But who cares if the government can shut down whatever the fuck they want ? Can't Twitter, Facebook, YT etc do that already ? Doesn't The Daily Stomer face censorship already ?

How does it change anything that the government can shut down anything when private companies can do that in the first place ? Seems like American obsession with muh big gubmint is bad to me

OH NO NOW I CAN'T WATCH MUH STAW WAHS :,(

USA, remember how you said Europe was fucked cause of a few terrorist attacks?

Well YOU just flushed your internet down the shitter

The ISPs will be your new god
Enjoying your piracy of streaming movies and anime and reality shows? Banned
This hinders on good and bad depending how bad the ISPs want to fuck us.

So you vote totalitarian over diversified power?
If you are a true Sup Forumsak then you would know the problem is not government but elitism.

What diversified power ? Do you seriously think the American govt will one day be hardcord nationalist / identitarian ? Even in France or Germany it couln't happen. It is even less likely to happen in the USA. The odds are 1/1000.

anyone look at leddit crying today theyre mad as fuck and its pretty funny

How is Sup Forums gonna pay for top speed internets tubes?

There was not a line in that infographic that was accurate.

The government cannot, and never has been, able to "legally shut down whatever the fuck they want." It would be as unconstitutional as a law that allowed the military to murder American citizens at will.

>ISPs are ran by greedy slimy turbo-kikes
>But we should give them more power!

You don't have Trump you fucking frog. He destroyed the TTP, backed out of your cuck agreement, put so much pressure on israel that they are too distracted to fuck others, repealed niggercare... Looks to me like giving up doesn't work.

>repealed niggercare
yeah no

Yes, we want to keep them at bay and out of government. This is what Trump did when he "drained the swamp".

Back to the glory days when niggers spics and poorfags couldn't afford to go online.

>trump
>drained the swamp
hehehe

shhhh I'm fighting the jew.

Honestly this is the best way of putting it I've seen today

Even if a true nationalist rose to power, wouldn't you want him to have more power ? The private companies will never be on your side my friend

Doesn't this net neutrality repeal give more power to the state ?

Have a shekel.
Wrong, It gives more power to the ISP's. Read inside the soviet army, you'll see the power of divided power.

How is this not just an American thing? When I started reading about Net Neutrality, the first thing that confused me was why that need for that particular policy was even a thing. Isn't the Internet flourishing just fine without it? The second thing that surprised me is how quickly it became a thing, like someone powerful was behind it, promoting it.

Then I read more about it, and the main problem which makes me think it's exclusively (or rather, mainly) an American phenomenon, is that I kept stumbling upon arguments that most Americans don't have access to more than 2 ISPs in their area, which is simply false.

>Similarly, the FCC reported in June 2008 that 99.8% of ZIP codes in the United States had two or more providers of high speed Internet lines available, and 94.6% of ZIP codes had four or more providers, as reported by University of Chicago economists Gary Becker, Dennis Carlton, and Hal Sider in a 2010 paper.[173]

80% of Americans have access to 4 Mb/s Internet. Nearly half of Americans have access to ISPs offering 10+ Mbps. You need 5 Mb/s to do most things on the Internet.

You need 15-20 Mb/s for lagless gaming. The average Internet speed in the US is 12.6 Mb/s.

Lots of misinformation out there. Really smells like government manipulation, though I'm not surprised it's happening in the land of unlimited kikery. I'd like to know why the alt-right is shilling so hard for the very corporation kikes it hates so much. Seems like a tough time to be an alt-righter, stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Do you choose to support leftie big government pro-net neutrality redditors, or literal corporate jews? Or is this (corporate monopolists) the argument that the lefties use to scare people into supporting net neutrality? Then wouldn't that make them anti-semitic by proxy?

This is so fucking confusing and I've had one too many beers.

Keep them divided, they become easier to conquer. Who know's who will be next after trump. Not all ISP's are bad, go for the small guy. There are many to choose from.

I live in a country where this will probably never be a problem. There are SO many ISPs over here, all offering 100 Mb/s for ridiculously low prices. And you can always pirate a VPN.

This got me thinking, if Internet censorship is to ever take hold of the West, the person / company who provides VPN services from one of the countries with the freest Internet, will make a shit-ton of dosh.

nice fan-fic, but it assumes that NN is repealed in the interests of the citizen and ignores that it the repeal was railroaded by a street shitting Verizon shill.

the problem with you mongs is that you're considering this repeal to be a step forward or a step backward for consumer and citizen interests. the step sideways is always more dangerous.

now we have a new set of circumstances that will... guess what? turn out to be just as problematic as the last set of circumstances.

the arms race for power and influence just became more complicated, since the ISPs have become newly empowered. and ISP-chan doesn't have your best interest at heart. the idea that ISP competition will benefit the consumer is a faggot lie. ISPs will now use capitalism as a weapon to suppress the competition while gradually charging the consumer more for less.

>new set of circumstances
how will they be new if it's literally a reversion
what do you think will be different from pre-2015 internet and why

This. Sounds like more business for corporations and companies who will partner up with ISPs to funnel valuable traffic to their own services.

so what. the internet was fine before net neutrality. i really don't care

Yeah, you're right that this is something that mainly effects the US but it would be a win for (((them))) if it stayed.

The internet was fine before net neutrality.

The internet is fine in countries without net neutrality.

It's like the minimum wage - sounds good on paper, but only does harm.

Sup Ghost!

>Then I read more about it, and the main problem which makes me think it's exclusively (or rather, mainly) an American phenomenon
It's enshrined in law in the entirety of the EU. Russia, Eastern Europe, and China force infrastructure leasing, so that there's ISP competition. Japan is sufficiently dense that you can just 4G everything all the time forever.

Only in the United States do we live in such a internet wasteland.

>Give FCC power over radio
>Government censors radio
>Give FCC power of internet
>Everything will work out fine.

That must be why all talk radio in the United States lives to the right of Trump.

>that must be why the radio is so heavily regulated it's impossible to go independent without being illegal

Couldn't the ISPs ban the IP ranges associated with connecting to the VPN? Ultimately the communications will have to cross the ISPs lines before reaching a foreign country right? Am missing something?

So the government should run and control everything?

This is the complete opposite of the truth.

It's a good thing for us

based lawfags

From 2000-2015 the internet grew exponentially. Please don't ignore that. After 2005+ ISPs started wondering about profits and congress started legislating. You like the internet now right? It seems alright, at least to me. Well, it's going to change now.

This vote has returned ours laws to time where ISPs were given the freedom to wonder about profits with the hindsight of what internet traffic actually looks like. Unlike then, they know what we spend the majority of our bandwidth on, and they'll be eager to exploit that.

As an aside, if you fucking think the FCC's vote was done in interest of your theoretical interests as a consumer or citizen you're literally gay and retarded. Those two factors don't come into play with this vote, and we're all so fucking stupid that we won't know how this effects our lives until a decade has passed.