Light Yagami

Was he a bad person?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aT7cLj0Edhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

If you kill everyone who thinks poorly of you theres only people who think well of you left.

No, he's a hero.

Would he have ever been caught if he was just some random loner instead of having intimate knowledge of police affairs?

Hes a good person that went a bit overboard

Yeah.

Yep

I think that President Duterte is kinda live action version of him.
Duterte uses Death Squad instead of Death Note.
I don't know it's good thing or bad thing tho..

Having intimate knowledge of police affairs wasn't the problem, it was an advantage he should have exploited. The problem is that HE LET L KNOW that he had access to that information, so L narrowed him down from millions of potential suspects to a couple hundred. That was a much bigger screw-up than the Lind L. Taylor incident.
But yeah, a random loner would never ever be caught as long as he doesn't do anything stupid like Light did.

Light made a ton of stupid shit, a lot of them on purpose

>Killing Lind L. Tailor instead of laying low
>Killing everyone of heart attacks, not accidental deaths or gang violence/prison murdering
>Wanting to be 'known' to the world
>Not getting the Shinigami eyes
>Trusting Mikami, who is quite obviously nuts

At the same time, Near did a smart thing by not letting Light see his face until the very end
That way Light was cornered into trying to kill him at the one and only time they decided to meet, which didn't go very well

The ending was so forced

The whole show was shit after the halfway point.

Had I been in possession of a Death Note, I wouldn't have been caught because I'd write everyone's name in it, starting with celebrities. Chaotic Evil.

>le "it was so shit after L died" meme
way to be a mongoloid with shit taste

He was a manchild.

I didn't like the ending, and the tv version was worse. maybe they were trying to show how much his power went to his head but it didn't feel like Light. the first half of the story, up to L's death, is golden. the second part, eh.

You're retarded

Light was running free for multiple years after his death
He got carried away and started doing stupid shit

Not to mention, Near was simply smarter than L
boy this will trigger so many L drones, I'm excited

>He got carried away and started doing stupid shit
He was always doing stupid shit, it's just that this time his luck ran out.

He was intelligent enough to use it but not mature enough to know how to use it properly.

how about this ending:

>warehouse plan fails
>they realize Light is Kira
>Light escapes the warehouse, mikami blocks the door or something
>light quickly writes down the names of everyone involved using his pocket watch note
>Near realizes there's only one option left and uses the stolen death note to write lights name in it

>everyone dies
>ryuk collects the notebook and leaves

How many of you wish Light had won?

Seeing that image at the correct aspect ratio is unsettling

much better

Pic related, it's me when I watched this show.

light is a loser

lelouch was smart as fuck and a good man

I remember skipping everything after L's death and going directly for the finale. Got boring.

+1

It was boring.

No, he was just a teenager that browsed too much Sup Forums

Comparing Code Geass and Death Note is pretty stupid

The scenarios, powers and magnitude of asspulls involved are way too different

no
imo the show felt like it dragged on after the prison part

My favorite thing about Death Note was all the metaphorical scenes, as well as the over-exaggerated movements when he's writing names down.

It made the show fun.

>Light's dad getting Shinigami eyes to save his daughteru
>Light trying to kill Near using his FBI buddies
>Mikami's sakujo scenes
>Mello in general

I'd say you missed out

Should have ended right at L's death. Not because Light wins or anything, for all I care Light should have been shot in the head right after he beat L, but because the whole story took a shit immediately after.

the cinematography was definitely on-point
especially the last two episodes

>cinematography

They're definitely similar enough to warrant comparison. And I'd watch Code Geass over Death Note any day.

botato chip :DDDD

Just got this captcha.

Death Note at least takes place in a semi-realistic scenario

And that overly-intense opera music or whatever it was that played during the intense moments. always made me smile.

It's funny because I tried explaining Death Note to my friend once, with all the over the top minor scenes in my description, and he legitimately thought it was a comedy.

You know, it almost is. For how serious and grim the subject matter is, they keep it light-hearted.

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=aT7cLj0Edhc

I mean look at this. It's great. They're so over-the-top, it kinda reminds you not to take it too seriously and just enjoy the show.

No, he was just too good for this world.

Yes, objectively he was a fucking sociopath from the beggining, and it only got worse.

He's anything but a bad person.

>too good for this world.
Then why did he murder innocents and his own allies?

I didn't mind Light losing, I just didn't like him losing to fucking Near of all people.

Why don't you like Near?

I'm just shitposting.

He wasn't worthy enough to defeat Light.

I'm trying to think about the geopolitical consequences of Kira. For instance, what the fuck would happen to North Korea, China, Russia, Israel-Palestine and the Middle East in general? If Kira kills dictators, who takes their place? What happens then?

For the record, I am not implying that Israel is a dictatorship, just that odds are that Kira's actions would affect it and Palestine.

>kept his distance from Light
>only sent his agents every once in a while
>made sure not even the Shinigami eyes could defeat him

I'm afraid your husbando L was even less worthy with his epic "up close and personal" tactic

He could easily pick a successor himself.

Or, more likely, the fear of being killed would prevent more dictators from rising up. When your predecessor died from Kira, would you step out of line? Even world leaders would be ruled by fear.

You're not a bad person but I'm afraid to say, you are a moron.

But many of these countries would fall into chaos and civil war without a strong leader.

fpbp

The real question is would random idiot have an advantage because they would be too cautious to fuck with a super genius detective, or would their lower intelligence make it easier for a super genius detective to pick up on their patterns?

To be fair, other people with eyes basically fell into his lap so he had no need to get them himself.

According to the authors, he wasn´t, he did many evil things, but he himself wasn´t evil, apparently anyone with a death note would end up doing evil things sooner or later because that is just human nature.

The authors even refer to Light as "the first victim of the death note".

Sounds like a pretty downer ending. I suppose I wouldn't have disliked it, but it would've been pretty depressing.

>pick up on their patterns
Even if L picks up on a random idiot's patterns, that won't necessarily make him easy to catch. The world is full of random idiots, in order for a pattern to be relevant, it must reveal information that allows you to narrow down to at least a couple thousand people. Like say, there's a disproportionate amount of killings in one neighbourhood that doesn't correspond with the crime rates of the rest of Tokyo.

I did this the first time, then went back and watched the second time I watched Death Note. I really missed out the first time around.

>showing your name and face after calling Light a moron

Enjoy your heart attack, my man.

you can't run a society through fear of extrajudicial mass killings. So yeah kill all "criminals" is inherently bad regardless of intent.

It would be pretty easy if the idiot in question just killed those close to them, I guess.

That too. Unless of course if the idiot has enough brains to not kill them with a heart attack and instead makes it look like an accident/sudden illness/suicide.

>you can't run a society through fear of extrajudicial mass killings
he kinda did for a couple of years
and not much happened/changed because the writers didn't put much thought into it

100% yes.
Not only he never used his power to eradicate evil at its source, but what's more amusing is that he targeted mostly people who were in jail, so who ALREADY got punished!
His actions are not only bad, they're downright nonsensical.

>he never used his power to eradicate evil at its source
he well did kill all the evil kangz n shiet

>and not much happened/changed because the writers didn't put much thought into it
This, as I mentioned , Kira's existence would have a HUGE impact on the world's geopolitical landscape. Come to think of it, since the world knows that Kira is Japanese, Japan would be in serious trouble since other countries would turn on Japan, abandoning trade deals and maybe even imposing sanctions or declaring war.

He was a Shadow the Hedgehog with a god complex.

I loved that Light got killed by the lol outplayed you plot armor that had carried him along for the entire show.

Watching him completely break down because for once his just as keikaku got outdone by someone else's just as keikaku was glorious.

No, that was the ARTIST. Obata.

Ohba explicitely never made a moral judgement on Light. Everything Near says about Light comes straight from Obata's mouth, not Ohba's.

And any narration of the plot is just escaping controversy.

I never understood this sentiment. Probably never will, either.

I support Light to this day but from the start I knew he had to die a tragic death. Kira winning would be too alien to the audience.

And that speaks more about the tragic state of the world than the story.

I noticed something in the episode where Misa first meets L.
Quick rundown of the story at that point:
>it's established that Kira needs a name and a face to kill, and Second Kira only needs a face
>Light and Misa met up, but nobody knew about that
>Misa sends in tapes to the police to tell them she won't meet up with Kira
>L figures out the lie, and knows Second Kira met with Kira
>off-screen, he analyzes the tapes and finds finger prints and hair (there's a scene explaining that later on)
>figures out that this girl Amane Misa is a strong suspect for being the Second Kira
>L goes to university the next day to hang out with Light, with no ulterior motive
>he still doesnt know Misa and Light know each other
>suddenly, Misa shows up
>L smiles, probably because it's now obvious that Misa is Second Kira, and Light is Kira
L's reaction - the smile - is kind of weird.
L doesn't know about the death note. All he knows is that Kira can magically kill people, he even theorized that Kira can kill just by "wishing" the person to die.
Now the second kira - who only needs a face - is standing right in front of him.
He should be terrified, instead of smiling. For all he knows, he could die at any second.

>For all he knows, he could die at any second.
He can't, because he knows that isn't in the script.

L's entire investigation was mostly based on gut feeling and other complete horseshit

>And that speaks more about the tragic state of the world than the story.

Freedom to choose is no bad thing, user. Light's aim taken from his misanthropy was to remove man's free agency, which makes for a race of abject supplicants. This want for man to assume an unnatural state pits him against what it is to be human and dooms him from the start.

Nah, he was just a victim of bad writing.

>That was a much bigger screw-up than the Lind L. Taylor incident

It wasn't even a screw-up, he was teasing L.

A random idiot wouldn't have access to the info Kira had access to, and it couldn't have gone that far.

To be fair, his grandiose plan only made sense if he was known to the world. If people attributed criminals' deaths to random gang violence, no one would be deterred.

The thing that bothers me the most about the ending is that Mikami had no reason to bring the death note there in first place. One of the first things Kira learnt was that you could just kill people with a piece of paper, and that destroying the people doesn't stop the deaths, it would have made more sense for Mikami to bring a little piece with enough room to write their names and then swallow it, not letting any evidence.

In fact, it would have been better if Kira had himself carefully written instructions for Mikami to follow on a Death Note piece, instead of relying on Mikami that much. He was going to dispose of him anyway.

L or Near using the Death Note against Kira would have been a great ending. The author should have gone for a tie, where L discovers Kira but L is forced to break his own rules and use the Death Note, and die.

I don't know how should have it ended, but I would have liked a scene at the ending, with Kira sentenced to death, and L about to die because of the Death Note, just chatting like old friends who finished a game, and having both die at the same time.

>just a victim of bad writing

I see what you did there, mate

L was kinda insane. Also, Misa didn't know he was L at the moment, Kira couldn't just tell her, and he had the capacity to arrest her at the moment. If he died after that, it would just mean he was right, and that's what he cares about the most.

>To be fair, his grandiose plan only made sense if he was known to the world. If people attributed criminals' deaths to random gang violence, no one would be deterred.
he should just make the criminals write 'kira wuz here' before they die in some random way

He had pretty solid reasons for almost everything he did, but every time that L outsmarts Kira or Kira outsmarts L is because the other did something stupid.

Also, with time criminals would just adapt to Kira's world. It's stupidly easy to hide your name if you're a criminal, Kira just got lucky he had access to a database of immates, but those were the ones the police could caught.

The author didn't have any idea of how to write Kira winning. The meme of the stopped wars and crime reduced in 70+% is proof of it.

That's the same than letting them die of heart attacks, but more contrived. If the point is just letting people know that there's an entity with the ability to judge them and kill them without limitation, just go for the heart attacks.

People always go on about how bullshit it was that someone else's mistake fucked him up.

However it was Light in the first place that let that happen. He put himself into situations where his only hope was to trust on the actions of other people and he chose people who were crazy and/or infatuated with him.

This benefited him massively when he used unstable people to kill L.

L and Near on the other hand put themselves in positions where they worked with professionals and where even if they fucked up, it was only a setback.

they'd probably think it was a criminal syndicate first and foremost, if the deaths are just random violence instead of magical spontaneous heart attacks

He was obviously a bad person.

Light would eventually lose because by the end, it was too obvious who he was and someone smart and who didn't give a shit would just shoot him.

If L had less of an ego he would have shot Light

he's one of the best people there ever were.
Getting rid of crime without using the deathnote to fulfill his own desires?
He's noble.

Yes.
His intentions were noble, but your good intentions don't mean SHIT if your actions don't reflect it.

Also, absolute power corrupts absolutely. FFS, just look at pic related! Now, that's what I call corrupted.

Yes but it doesn't making him any less right

The only objectively terrible thing Light ever did was be a massive fucking fag and not put a ring on this goddess

it started being shit right after yagami lost his memories