Plastic Memories

Would you love her even if you knew you were going to lose her in a few months?

>people don't like this show because you see the sad coming
That's literally the point.

I didn't like it because the "sad" was horribly ham-fisted and poorly written.

you enjoy the present as much as possible with her. It's the same principle for people that are infected with a terminal disease.

>ham-fisted
How so?

If anything its easier to stay with her than it is to stay with a terminally ill person because she isn't suffering up to her death.

Exactly. And their romance was retarded and borderline creepy. It felt like their coworkers where assisting a genuine act of pedophilia.

would enjoy my life for the first time and would kill myself after her loss.

>has a drivers license
>pedophilia
She's just short.
Besides androids age differently from humans.

I dropped it around episode 4 or 5 and I usually like shows like this. Maybe I'll pick it back up but it seemed really weak for Dogakobo standards.

personally i was more interested in the line of work than the romance

>pedophilia
are you retarded?

This show was one of the only shows that could make me shed tears. It even achieved this during the first episode which is a major achievement in my book.

The first episode might be the best first episode of any anime I've seen.

Not really. Show had issues but their relationship development or the sadness wasn't one of them. It subverted the regular cliches by getting the "twist" out of the way early on and actually had them date.

Kazuki is best girl.

Another addition to the give-up machine I see.

I didn't enjoy this show as much as I could for other reasons.
I couldn't suspend my disbelief from the fact that they're fucking robots. How would a relation with a robot work out? You'd never have kids, you'd age and die yourself while they wouldn't. It would be like she's trapped in time while you're the only one moving forward. There's no fulfillment in that.
And this is assuming robots like this are actually possible. From what little I know about computers, no fucking memory just goes kaput and dies like that after a very specific expiration date. The apeshit thing is super arbitrary too. And I hate when series take literal fucking humans and just say they're aliens or robots or nothumans. Why couldn't they clear some useless memory or replace the hard drive or some shit.
Better yet why not just make it a terminal illness for a human instead of making such arbitrary rules for "robots" up. That's basically the premise anyways.

/autism

Yeah, the whole premise is convoluted. But i would like an immortal lover.
I hope she would still love me when i was a wrinkled, dickless old man, and i would never have to touch saggy tits.

How about wife + Robot Harem (with integrated Semen storage, so nothing is lost)

it still hurts

>>people don't like this show because you see the sad coming
>That's literally the point
No, I didn't like it because the entire show was written around the one sad scene at the end, which on the face of it reads like something out of a weird dream, and none of it makes any god damn sense at all. Nothing. It's all just things happening so as to be Sad.

I do find calling your department of kiling robots "terminal service" quite funny. If they had TS, they wouldn't need a bunch of paid employees to go and persuade them to die. Just remote in and shut down. Clearly someone in corporate has a refined sense of irony.

>the entire show was written around the one sad scene at the end

No, the show was written around the idea that good things (in this case Isla and Tsukasa's love) are worth experiencing even if they will end, sad or not.

>it's all just things happening so as to be sad

It's really not. The ending was sad, yes, because Isla dies, but the overall tone of the series is happy because they got to be with each other to the end.

>No, the show was written around the idea that good things (in this case Isla and Tsukasa's love) are worth experiencing even if they will end, sad or not.
That's just its theme. It's not really centered around it particularly well, either: plenty of stuff pointlessly contradicts that tone. But no, everything is written around the ferris wheel scene right at the end. Why do the androids only live so long? Because otherwise Isla wouldn't die and it wouldn't be sad. Why does shutting them down need someone to personally visit them? Because otherwise Tsukasa wouldn't be there and it wouldn't be as sad. Why is a ring involved? Because otherwise there wouldn't be wedding symbolism and it wouldn't be as sad. Why are there black-market retrievers? (seriously though, what do they gain from that? robot parts? given that random people own these robots and they have planned redundancy, they can't be that expensive, right?) Because if there weren't, again, no need to have someone terminating their friend and/or waifu, and again, not as sad.

And even resorting to that level of "in order to manufacture the prescribed feels" type of explanation, there are STILL dozens of dumb questions that are never addressed! It's like a bundle of notes for a science-fiction setting got mixed up with what was supposed to be a magical-realism script.