What makes a person enjoy anime?

what makes a person enjoy anime?
why do you watch anime?

Is it your crippling loneliness?

Is it the comfy feeling that most anime give?

Is it nostalgia?

Is it wishing you were a Japanese girl?

I like the cool fight scenes! And the girls are so pretty! The music is so good too! So colorful and fun.

ULTIMATE ATOMIC BUSTAHHHH

SIBERIAAAAN BLIIIIZAAAARD

FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!

I got tired of the blatant Jewish subversion in western media. That's pretty much it.

kek

because escapism

Western media tends to be overloaded with context and political baggage. That gets tiring. Anime and manga are like a world apart, so they're better for escapism. I'm just sick of the same shit in Western media. Someday I'll be tired of anime too probably, but that hasn't happened yet.

It goes well with stimulants like Vyvanse/Ritalin.

Sexy underage 2D girls doing cute things

Is there even any comfy healing western show?

I've thought about that. Closest I can think of is Peanuts. Or maybe shows like Little House on the Prairie. But generally people in the West are too cynical to enjoy comfy and healing.

I like the scenery spreads.

Two page spreads of city-scapes where you see the individual tiles of the roof, the ivy growing on the side of houses, and city layouts with logical and consistent architecture to modern day city planning give me the hardest boners.

My nigga.

I tried watching anime on Adderall but I felt it was a waste. Now watching vibrant, fast paced anime like TTGL, KLK or SP Luluco on MDMA+Weed is fucking glorious.

Hard question. Anime is the only medium I watch, I think it's because of diversity, you can create anything in Anime and make it interesting. And I like 2d lewd girlz

Something like Blue's Clues most likely. If you're willing to go back a ways, a lotta old sitcoms probably count too like Three's Company or Happy Days.

Junkies get out. OUT!

All 3 tbqh,

Western shows (even the episodic ones) tend to be conflict-driven, so no.

Anime is just another drug, famalam. That's why it makes you feel so good inside.

The Andy Griffith Show. Pure, unadulterated small town slice of life starring a bunch of likable characters.

Aired before American sitcoms got too political in the 70s, too romantic in the 80s, and too self-referential in the 00s.

Cause there is morale that is absent from actual human society. Everyone loves to dream of something good and bright, right?

The language is really melodic, so I fall asleep to it all the time. Good comfy material, especially when sick.

My das introduced me to it, can't say it's because if any reasons you listed because I was a child. Maybe it was the fast pacing and colors? Now it's because it tends to have a better plot than most shows I watch, depending, and I like the commmunity around it for the most part. It builds friendships fast and easily, includes many hobbies within it, and scratches that collection itch i have.

It plays around with all sorts of ideas serving as a relief from two decades of by the numbers cynical Western trash.

Also makes for good escapism where you can be distracted from this dysfunctional world by a non-toxic one.

This but amphetamine just ended up becoming more trouble for me than they were worth after the honeymoon period.

>Is it your crippling loneliness?
More like desire for healthy human interaction and greater purpose or narrative in life. Basically am perceived as an ambitious /fit/ normalfag on the surface but none of that fills the existential void that anime does.

I wonder how a show about nothing, but in a really good way, would do in America

Seinfeld

King of the Hill

Those are not "in a good way"

I was replying to the comfy healing poster. KotH is the closest thing I can think of to an anime SoL.

Thats an interesting comparison. I think its pretty accurate, though. It might not resonate comically if you are totally alien to american culture, but it really does seem like an american SoL in a lot of ways.

total disruption of processing reality
idealised features and body types
sci-fi/fantasy setting with Mary Sue or Self-Insert
aversion of negatives (all SoL's never deal with toxic and mean people)
almost entirely removing the grey/interpretation of good/bad status of characters