Is there are an anime with better fight choreography than Legend of Korra?

Is there are an anime with better fight choreography than Legend of Korra?

Not trying to imply LoK is anime, or bait/troll, I'm asking an honest question.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ABXSwsnlmPc
youtube.com/watch?v=rR1cMPnMcaY
youtu.be/utLWiscq8d4
youtu.be/XrdbZT5luns
youtube.com/watch?v=OcMoFIi1dzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cory in the House.

>anime
>fight choreography

Anime is mostly garbage when it comes to choreography. Even Dragonball barely has any actual "martial arts" in it. Most anime just turn into auras (ki/spirit energy/nen/chakra,etc.) and people shooting energy blasts into big explosions. You thought Gon and Killua were gonna have unique interesting powers? Nope. Just energy fist/blade/blast and lightning. And nen barely even was a thing in the fights. It had a factor in which arm Gon lost to Genthru first (which didn't really make a difference iirc since he was gonna lose an arm anyway). It's all just a facade to make it look complex when it's the same generic shit. Stands in Jojo are better and more creative but again, in the choreography department it's lacking.

Anime mostly goes for flashiness rather than actual choreography. The best fights I've seen were in anime movies, not from long-running series.

>The best fights I've seen were in anime movies, not from long-running series
upvoted

Boondocks fight scenes are always badass.

youtube.com/watch?v=ABXSwsnlmPc

Every fight in naruto

which is a shame, because early on hxh seemed to be aiming for a higher level of realism (relatively) in terms of typical shojo

but by the end of season 1 it becomes literal *i teleport behind you* flashy aura shit and it's supremely disappointing

idk if the people who make these sorts of genre shows think that their audience is too retarded to accept anything slow paced or semi-based in reality or if they just don't care one way or the other

hxh had a real chance at redemption until they came out and said "lol all power is an energy field you shoot energy at each other"

case in point
youtube.com/watch?v=rR1cMPnMcaY

youtu.be/utLWiscq8d4

why the fuck did i type shojo there

you know what i meant

swordofthestranger.webm

That's actually really fucking cool.

Dragon Ball has the best fights

Prove me wrong negroids

see

excellent taste. got any recommendations?

>Even Dragonball barely has any actual "martial arts" in it

>tfw people hate Naruto for the same exact reasons they like JJBA
It's all shonenshit in the end, there's no reason to call 1 piece of trash better than the other or try to compare apple to peaches.

Seirei no Moribito

> The best fights I've seen were in anime movies, not from long-running series
Well, no shit. The best animation of just about any kind is in movies, because the budget ceiling for movies is on a different level. I'm not sure why this even needs to be said, it's basic common sense.

Fuck off to /wsr/.

Shonen anime in a nutshell

I disagree entirely.

HxH has probably the best and most well thought-out incarnation of "ki" that I've ever seen.

Every power has drawbacks, pretty hard set limitations and weaknesses. No one is a master of everything and everyone is pretty specialized the stronger they get.

There are a few exceptions like around the Ant arc, but everything is still kept pretty relative.

Great examples is the Chrollo vs Hisoka fight. Hisoka vs Kastro in Heaven's Arena, Morel vs the Lion dude, etc.

Piss off, I was just asking that user because he seems to like the same things I do.
Thanks, will check it out.

do you actually think that is a good cqc scene?

Nen is actually pretty interesting.
And also, the author isn't a pretentious cunt that thought the demographic he was aiming at needed "redemption". Hunter x Hunter is fairly by the numbers and it always had been.

What made you think it was different was that it was well written, and the quality and consistency of its writing either remained the same or rose at certain points throughout the rest of the series, which you would understand if you were paying any attention at all past the moment Nen showed up.

What's wrong it?

That's an unfair representation of HxH and you know it.

The hype after Gon punches Hisoka and Hunting for your dream starts playing though.

Great taste right there.

Here.

Honestly? No. Anyone who says otherwise is retarded. Pick almost any big fight scene from LoK and put it in an anime and you'd have one of the best fights scenes in anime.

SotS absolutely does.

>nen is actually pretty interesting

Oh yeah, it has a long backstory and explanation/definition, but in the end it's the same shit you see in any dime a dozen bad shoshit.

>teleports behind/around enemy
>punches/kicks/shoots the air as arms/legs/body flash
>enemy dodges by teleporting
>repeat process and sometimes reverse role until plot deems it necessary for someone to get hit

Every fight past the latter half of HXHS2 in the show and generally every fight in its genre follows that identical formula.

I don't even follow HxH nowadays, but unless the new anime drastically changed the plot, you're bullshitting.

I think fights in Fate/Zero were pretty well done, save for the final fight where it was clear they ran out of budget.

see

>That kick in the chin
>Expecting a lion's/uzumaki barrage cameo
>doesn't happen

I mean, it's cool animation and all.

>see these five-frame looped gifs for evidence of what every single fight for over 50 episodes is like
Alright, I'll stop responding, I guess.

FMA:B was bretty gud, especially Bradley's last stand.

Bradley in general was GOAT.

Sure. It's an accurate representation of DBZ and SS tho.

You can't honestly be comparing F/Zs choreography to LoK. They aren't in the same league. Even at LoK's worst it had innovative and unique fighting styles for all of its main characters and most of its minor ones that clashed in engaging ways. F/Z has some pretty good individual moments- for an anime.

the fights in HXH are shit regardless

Not him, but it's pretty clear people are just posting choreography they like at this point. No one gives a shit about your crossboard provocations.

Are you being serious? LoK is full blown shit when it comes to fight scenes. Avatar beats it by worlds of distance.

LoK has nothing in the way of actual fights because they tried to dumb everything down to "MMA" style fighting, so everything was short quick jabs.

Compared to the grandiose style of fighting in Avatar where the fights were about making massive walls of fire, using wind pressure like a blade, throwing a mountain at someone or making a tilde wave.

And don't even get me started on how they totally murder Toph's character.

LoK's fight scenes have good choreography but the animation has this really low framerate and lacks any sense of ... I don't know, speed? Momentum?

It's like they have a set number of frames for each action and you can almost see each individual frame (which is good for looking emphasizing the "realisitc" movements but is kind of boring)

If you think I'm just shittalking just watch ANY LoK fight.

>Dragon Ball has barely choreography or martial arts
>what is that half with kid/teenager Goku and the tournaments

no they aren't

>"all the fights in the latter half of the show are like this shit"
>posts 2 gifs from the same fight from the first half the series
>no teleporting

good argument

But that's a lie.

That is one fight in Hunter x Hunter between a 12 year old boy and a 20 year old man. The difference in experience between the two of them provides a gap that is understandably very difficult to cross, but neither of them are infallible. Not Gon, despite his role as the series' designated protagonist and not Hisoka despite the fact he's murdered and hurt plenty of people prior to at arriving at this battle with Gon.

That fight is both the same as and different from other anime fights of a similar nature because the point isn't that this is some insurmountable gap; it's a very real gap, yes, but it's a gap that can be closed.

Furthermore, the entire point of the fight is landing just one (1) solid punch. Gon's pride was wounded when, earlier in the series, Hisoka gave Gon his tag and told him that he didn't want it back until Gon could hit him in the face. Then he knocked the shit out of Gon. As I'm sure you remember, since you claimed to have watched the show.

That's different from standard anime protocol. All the protagonist wants to do is prove that he can hit this person. He doesn't want to win to save anyone. He doesn't even care about winning so much as proving it's possible for him to fight the guy. That's why so much emphasis is put on the fact Gon can't reach Hisoka. It's his only goal for the moment.

He does it too. Eventually. He uses trickery, outsmarts Hisoka for a brief moment and knocks the shit out of him. At which point, the battle shifts dramatically. There is no longer any emphasis on how hard it is to hit Hisoka, but how difficult it is to NOT be hit by him and how difficult it is to EXCHANGE blows.

Gon loses that fight too. But he winds up satisfied knowing that he was able to at least punch the guy. So fuck off. That fight is incredible.

No, LoK fight scenes are trash. Read the posts above yours.

It's a nice fight but the OP was baiting for shounenshit replies, not actual sparring and CQC scenes. Anyone who says "not baiting srs guize" while asking about Sup Forums shit on Sup Forums is looking for replies and possibly a nice 300+ post thread of shitposting.

Man, I wish PP had gotten a proper second season. The first was solid (not perfect, but good), and it had a good set up for it. Then the new writer came in and doodled with crayons instead of writing a real story and script.

>That fight is incredible.
I agree with you.

youtu.be/XrdbZT5luns

I thought the first 2-3 episodes of season 2 were alright. But after that it went to shit. Brain frankenstein monster was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen

Are you trying to apply depth or quality judgment to a shounen where everyone has godlike combat abilities, mary sue personalities, and paper-thin motivations?

It's about people fighting each other and beating the shit out of each other. Any depth you find is an illusion. This has been said and proven about HXH time and again. You can like it, sure, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's some kind of art piece or masterful creation. It's a shounen anime that ticks all the boxes.

>That's different from standard anime protocol. All the protagonist wants to do is prove that he can hit this person. He doesn't want to win to save anyone. He doesn't even care about winning so much as proving it's possible for him to fight the guy. That's why so much emphasis is put on the fact Gon can't reach Hisoka. It's his only goal for the moment.
A fuckton of shonen did this HxH is nothing special

I guess I took the bait.

As an aside I dont see how anybody could take LOK seriously when you find out the final boss is a giant cg robot.

I never said Hunter x Hunter was the only Shonen that's ever done it, I just said it was different from "Standard" protocol and it is. Go on, list examples.

> but don't fool yourself into thinking it's some kind of art piece or masterful creation. It's a shounen anime that ticks all the boxes.

But I didn't.
I'm just explaining the nuances behind that fight.

I get the feeling you're just angry about the praise that Hunter x Hunter sees, so you automatically deem any praise or analysis of the content as bombastic.

I get the feeling you just don't want to like it.

>final boss is a giant cg robot
Seriously?
Even more glad I gave up on it halfway through.

I don't follow it any more, and most of what I see these days about it is criticism. I don't like it because I just don't like it.

LoK only has the action going for it otherwise the series isn't very good.

Sword of the Stranger

Have a webm

The action in LoK was sub shit tier at best.
It only had millions of Nick moneys being funneled to that korean studio and rotoscopping.

Where's the ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Naruto vs Sasuke

>Thinking Jojo is anywhere near this
I don't even like that series and I'm not that dumb

>cqc

Any fight from Yozakura quartet is a great fight. All the hits feel like they have weight and there is usually great use of everyone's abilities. Plus some creative and crazy stuff.

Never watched Legend of Korra, but Avatar, as far as I can remember, was alright.

youtube.com/watch?v=OcMoFIi1dzw
lol

we need this in DBS, Toriyama can't write tense moments anymore

The Boondocks

Moribito.

The original Avatar has better choreography than Korra, so this is a pretty stupid question.

Unironically, Naruto. However, the good fights are far and few between. Then, Fate UBW and Zestiria, just for the spectacle

Anyone has the WEBM of the old version of this?

What the fuck? Why did she kick her in the head while she was crying?

what anime is this?

I'll give you a hint.
You can use google to reverse search images.
And you can save files from Sup Forums.

If you can't figure it out from there you may want to consider killing yourself.

Man, I feel conflicted as fuck about the ant arc. I love it´s climax and how they resolved most character arcs. I like how it went the extra mile and had that kawaii semi-named character killed off. I like how the ant queen was quite body horror-ish. But I hate the parts leading up to it, they just seem to drag on forever.

And ontop of that, they just up the powerlevels by like a massive fucking amount. At least for the anime adaptation I feel that the series´ high point was somewhere waaay before the ant arc.

The first precures didn't give a fuck.

Boku no pico XD

Fate

Im sure tsugumomo anime will have the best fight choreography of all time.