What's the deepest anime you've ever watched, Sup Forums?

What's the deepest anime you've ever watched, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
youtube.com/watch?v=c93CYcpa2UE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Boku no pico

>mfw reached keit-ai

W-what is the white room OP? Why am I going to die?

>Protip: Kimi no na wa isn't Keit-ai. If anything, Kimi no na wa should be pleb tier.

I watched that Gainax thing with the bunny girl. How deep am I?

Ghost Slide.

Naruto
Evangelion

Cossette.

Tesagure is a legitimate masterpiece that people typically only appreciate on a surface level

Otaku no Video is pretty fucking deep

Where do black and white experimental dementia animes go

According to this chart, Mnemosyne.

Inferno Cop

>Some Satoshi Kun Films
>Perfect Blue
>Millennium Actress
Why the fuck is the first one up on normal tier and the other two in much lower tiers fuuuuuuuuu, makes no sense.

Wizardo Tier.

Why are Naruto and One Piece above Macross

White room, the one where the walls are cushioned.
NHK and EOE are surprisingly rated

>people here who haven't watched inferno cop or NHK
please

Inferno Cop is a meme right

So are the Patlabor films in Wizardo tier or what?

Midori, GitS and Tekkonkinkreet are basically normalfag-tier nowday.

Since when is Gundam entry level?

The UC should be separated from the others Gundam shows.

WELCOME TO THE NHK IS COMPLETELY SHALLOW AND OVERRATED

How deep is that unfinished Tezuka OVA?

Finds a way.

Since Gundam became one of the most best-selling anime of all time.

Keit-ai should be pleb tier too.

I agree. Older UC especially is not entry level at all.

>Kiet-ai tier

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Yeah, but most people have only seen Wing, Seed, 00 or the new ones, which are meh tier compared with all the UC shows.

since when is dead leaves deep seriously.

the NHK novel is pretty damn good. Skips all the prolonged bullshit. The hentai game thing is present for like a whole chapter, not how the story

What level is Umaru in? I can't be bothered to look at that chart.

The novel is pretty good. Gives more insight to Misaki. Did you read the manga? I preferred it the most.

Doesn't matter. UC shows are huge in Japan and the rest of the world plus it was already shown in the U.S.A.

It's literally pleb tier and burgers who claim otherwise should get out more from their country.

>there are people on Sup Forums who haven't seen inferno cop
I refuse to believe this

I watched the anime, then read the novel one week later. I couldn't bring myself to read the same story for the third time, though I might now

I never did. Been here for a week, sup? Btw best girl is Sakura

Sorely disappointed by the bottom of that chart.
I expected some off the wall shit like 1920's anime or the like.

In the trash bin where it belongs.

Chart maker does not even know deepness.

I guarantee you'd be hard pressed to find an entry level watcher who watches Naruto and has also seen Victory Gundam.

>dead leaves
im ok with this

Or even more, 0079.

I assure you more people watched Gundam than they did Naruto. Just check the numbers and ratings. Whole generations watched Gundam.

Those would be considered classics, so they wouldn't be too far off from the top... I would put classics in like Sup Forums elitist.

I would consider myself just hardly beyond normie tier but I've seen pretty much everything through "Sup Forums elitist tier." But maybe that's supposed to be the joke :^)

I don't think any of the shows on that list are real artsy. I was hoping to see Angel's Egg near the bottom but it's not there. They're all just actions and comedies that get progressively more unknown because they were shit.

>these people have no idea how big these were in ratings
>especially when compared with Naruto

I mean, sure, you can make the argument that the original Gundam was almost cancelled, but it's 2017 and every new Gundam has people flocking to watch the oldest Gundam faster than you can say, "Big Zam".

I'm sure he's not here but,

WHERE'S THE VIDEO DEMO?

If they're new fans I doubt they'd watch 0079 because of the animation. Maybe they'd watch The Origin, Thunderbolt, and maybe Unicorn. But I really doubt they'd want to start with a show from 1979.
Why do you think AU series exist? besides to sell more toys.

>Keit-ai

Here's the thing. It takes Gundam as a broad brush casual tier "one series" because it's like Doctor Who.

Even if you missed one or two "obscure" seasons, the series as a whole is pleb tier, especially in Japan.

You've got a point. But you are talking about 50 year old guys who watched the original, most people you would encounter these days would have say that their first Gundam was either 00, Seed or Wing. Even worse if they are teenagers.

90% of those people would keep watching new shows and not the old ones, even more when you told them that they need to watch 3 whole full series, 1 movie and two full length OVA's if they want to watch all the UC. Most people would say, no thanks, so it would take quite the effort and being an actual fan of the franchise to do it, which not everyone is willing to do.

Lain should be at Abnormal Quantum Spacetime Tier, GiTS should be facebook otaku tier, SoL should be entry level and Space Patrol Luluco should be on the list and it should be right next to Inferno Cop.

Justice

>most people you would encounter these days would have say that their first Gundam was either 00, Seed or Wing. Even worse if they are teenagers.

Yes, but you can say the same about Power Rangers in the U.S. or Sentai in Japan.

And neither of them are things you'd place below pleb tier even though a select few has watched J.A.K.Q. or Forever Red.

through the white room and outside

>and maybe Unicorn
>Watching Unicorn without watching all the early UC

>not understanding I was talking about quality of animation

(OP)
Why is Dead Leaves below Shoujo Tsubaki?
At any rate I've hit the white room and circled back around.

Bananya & Nyanko Days

I broke the chart.

I dont fucking know i just watch anime

>no Dragon's Heaven

Unpleb yourself OP.

Is this an anime?

youtube.com/watch?v=c93CYcpa2UE

>has seen Angel's Egg
>"hardly beyond normie tier"
Angel's Egg is pretty fucking obscure, even by Sup Forums standards. You may not want to admit it but you're well past normie.

Maybe it's obscure if you just turned 18 but for some of us it's pretty well known given how hard it was to find anime on VHS back back in the day.

No one ever talks about Greenwood either.

Aria

boi out here with the good giggles
great goof ma friendster(dot)net

Dead Leaves was terrible. I've never liked that director but I really had to force myself through it.

Why are Time of Eve and Pale Cocoon so far down? Those aren't obscure at all. Eve got a US theater showing and it used to be super popular on Sup Forums.

>you have seem some anime
>Waizardo
How do you manage to fail at both English and Engrish at the same time?

>Shounen "I've seen some shit" tier
>Now that you have seem some anime you want more and you ask your friends or the media shows you something to see.
Who even does this? I mostly read battle shounen. That doesn't mean I don't read other things, too, but it also doesn't mean I have some weird desire to go out looking for them. Anime and manga are just mediums and there's nothing inherently special about them over other ones. People who care about "this season in anime" or obsessive-compulsively track down things to watch simply because of the labels they get pegged with are fucking mouth breathers and are the worst part of any hobby's community. This is why if you tell someone you watch anime or read manga, they immediately think of you as some fat chick in a $10 cosplay at a weeb convention or some basement dwelling neckbeard with jerking off on $200 action figures.

I dropped it after the first episode because it was typical SORANDUMB TRIGGERshit that might as well have been an Adult Swim cartoon.

>>>/reddit/

If this was serious, at the bottom I'd put anything by Ishidate Shotaro, other low-budget CG shows, also Jewelpet somewhere in there.

All the way. Seen Dead Leaves, Belladona, RFtD, Landarzt, the Tadanori shorts and one or two of the other shorts in entropic, and Inferno Cop.

Student films with 50 views total.

Chaos;Head

Where do you even find obscure student films?

By following the animators on social media. Once you get in sakuga hell deep enough it's pretty easy.

I bet there is even more obscure stuff on the Japanese Internet.

>Obscurity chart for anime
>all that mainstream shit that deep
>pretty much 0 retro OVAs
try again

Inferno cop wasn't that bad...

Do you ever think "Wow i'm a fucking faggot" and "Do i really have nothing better to do?"?

Angel's Egg used to be super obscure but more people have been talking about it and spreading it around. Although really all that's going to do is make people hate it. You're not going to like a film like Angel's Egg if you weren't already searching for art films.

ur mom

>Colorful
Why would anyone put Colorful down that deep? It wasn't deep at all. It was a straightforward message. There's no way it could be deeper than something like Cossette.

I still have no idea what Cossette was about.

Berserk 2016 really resonated with my soul

Dont mind me butting in. I hated the manga, the characters felt like caricatures of themselves

Kurayami Santa

Seeing Inferno Cop at the end really got me

This list is trash

Kate, I...

I'm gonna say either Boogiepop Phantom or Paranoia Agent (But I think PA is too low on this trash list)

The anime that gave me the biggest feels has to be Hotaru no Haka (Grave of the Fireflies)