Mansplain this for me

Mansplain this for me

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/532608358508167168
heritage.org/government-regulation/report/why-the-fairness-doctrine-anything-fair
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tits or gtfo

trumps basically your ignorant senile grandpa

that tweet makes 0 sense

Net neutrality is in violations of the fairness doctrine

sage fake and gay
sage

net neutrality is a government power grab

twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/532608358508167168

trump is retarded... he will basically tweet out whatever is on the tv in front of him

No fucking clue

"Fairness Doctrine" is a reference to old media regulations

It's scorched earth tactics, instead of letting them win we're cutting our nose off to spite our face
If they want to win it will be pyrrhic

3 years happened

The fairness doctrine was used by leftists to censor conservative views in media. Title II would allow leftists to do the same with the internet, by denying common carrier status to ISPs that refused to go along with hate speech laws and so on.

Because no one can compete with Google, Facebook, etc they get to decide what is "real" or not and brand conservative news as fake news.

Fairness Doctrine meaning they think it's unfair that conservatives can spread their hate facts, and must remove their ability to do so.

Removal of net neutrality helps destroy monopolies, if a person must pay extra to use a popular service, smaller services can crop up and stand a chance of gaining popularity if they're free. Those smaller services might also have a political agenda but if they're not "too big to fail" then they'll need to keep up the appearance of being fair if they want to maintain a userbase.

And before anyone asks why Google et al support net neutrality, it's because their biggest commodity is not you paying to use their service, it's their access to your information. If their access to that is severed, they lose out.

Thats what men call the truth.

heritage.org/government-regulation/report/why-the-fairness-doctrine-anything-fair

Another one post by id slide NN thread. There is dick you can do about it regardless of what side you are on. Why have there been 100+ threads on it and counting. I hate the fucking mods sitting on their hands when the board is shitted up so bad even with filters to the fucking max

#killedbythefcc

A complete lie load of shit from Donnie who barely can use Twitter yet understand net Neutrality, he has a whole team run it for him

>Mansplain this for me

Something along the lines of:

Obama passed some legislation that did something "Strange" to the internet, and called it "Net Neutrality" to trick everyone into supporting it?

>Mansplain this for me

He's right. Just swap "conservative" for " liberal" lol

DEMS BTFO

The same fairness doctrine that hasn't been a thing since 1987?

You realize that now there no restriction on what they can block aside from what they can afford?
The jews at the top of pyramid schemes like comcast can literally just say "we're blocking fox news now" and then do it.
All Ashit Pile's plan requires is that ISPs are honest about what they are blocking, slowing or prioritizing. It's getting rid of the restrictions on WHAT they can do that to.

First sane post I have read on the issue.

The "fairness doctrine" meant whenever news and current affairs programs talked about one side of something they had to give airtime to the opposing view too. But in practice it was incredibly biased. Right wing news had to give airtime to lefties in the name of balance, but left wing news never had to give airtime to right wingers because they were already determined to be super fair.
In todays terms if it still existed if Fox ran a news article about rampant increases in AIDS they'd also have to give airtime to an "expert" to push the gay rights agenda. But when CNN airs a pro gay marriage piece the "fairness" umpire would say it's so self evident there's no need to allow a traditional marriage advocate to reply.

No. Are you equating "conservative views" with "hate speech"? Common Carriage was/is a term used to describe the transportation of "some thing" in terms of legal obligations, and now in this case internet traffic. It's there to protect people from ISPs who would otherwise be free to do what they want (i.e. censorship). What you are attempting to imply is exactly what net neutrality goes against.

>Mansplain this for me
Net Neutrality was to the internet what The Fairness Doctrine was to radio/tv.

here:

i will bullshit you and take away everything you have to give it to the jews

t. rump

This was before Trump had Net Neutrality explained to him by Viacom/Comcast/et al, retard.

>Are you equating "conservative views" with "hate speech"?
Not him, but it's blindingly obvious that the corporate world is doing this across the board.