Netflix Unabomber series is a study of autism

Just watched "Manhunt", the Netflix series about the hunt for the Unabomber in the 1990s. Fascinating story.

One interesting aspect is the obvious autism of both the Unabomber and the FBI analyst who captured him. The difference between the terrorist and the police as persons is razor-thin.

Autism is heavily correlated with intelligence. It's a weapon that can be used to both help and hurt society. The most sure thing about autism is though that the people suffering from it usually lead a miserable life...

Other urls found in this thread:

socialmatter.net/2017/10/20/myth-20th-century-episode-40-uncle-teds-cabin/
mileswmathis.com/unabomber.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=fHxRuLT4FIE
mega.nz/#!JUUQBYRC!N0p4hNI_DIAOZEwfO30XnYGKnQRTvvvJ6MKg6kB9Q44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Inb4 he was an evil right wing terrorist
Speaking of evil right wing people let me link you to a podcast about the unabomber
socialmatter.net/2017/10/20/myth-20th-century-episode-40-uncle-teds-cabin/

Don't know what you can call his ideology, but he would never have become a terrorist if it weren't for his autism/social awkwardness.

Top notch show. Great insight into who the Unibomber was and the ideas he presented with minimal typical (((Hollywood))) type inserts. Odd to see a man like him be given any sort of respect.
Could've gone without that bar scene/swamp analogy deal for the "aha" moment. Also doubt it was a negro and loud-mouth woman who teamed up with him to solve the entire deal. But a damn solid show overall.

From Discovery. Good thing they've started with ordinary TV series. You can sense they are keen on keeping it close to the facts.

Really good series. Made me reread his manifesto again. He was ahead of his time

Did they mention that he was an mkultra participant?

the unabomber is like a genius from the future
of course normies can't understand him

No, he had access to CFR, Tavistock, etc. White Papers. He was well connected considering his genius and his work
These docs are widely available online. You can read them too and write your own manifesto.

you write one

TED DID NOTHING WRONG

MKUltra was an important part of his background story in the series.

The only thing that separated Kaczynski from his colleagues was his utter disgust at the modern world and his contempt for stupid people.

>One interesting aspect is the obvious autism of both the Unabomber and the FBI analyst who captured him

Wasn’t it his brother who called the cops after reading manifesto an NYT?

Don't need to m88, people like brezinski, quigley, even Huxley and hg wells write about everything in his manifesto.
Look up survival of the wisest, the grand chessboard, the list goes on man. There are dozens of books by the perpetrators of the technocracy he talks about who lay out their plan in great detail. All Kaczynski did was condense it into a long essay.
Shit, I may watch it

The sad thing is, had it not been for his methods of bringing awareness to his beliefs, people would acknowledge how prescient ole Ted was. The more connected we become to one another, the less we seem to like each other. Through social media, technology has confronted me with the fact that the more I know about the people in my life, the less I really care about them or their views on the world. I find the anonymous discussion of ideas on here to be far more edifying and interesting than I do those of people that I know who generally tend to be posturing for social approval or validation on something like Facebook.

>only thing that separated Kaczynski from his colleagues was his utter disgust at the modern world
To bad he is in supermax, or he would probably be posting here

unibomber was a hoax
stop being a gullible faggot

mileswmathis.com/unabomber.pdf

Didn’t go for desktops too much ~
But would have make a wifi from wet string

>It's a weapon that can be used to both help and hurt society.

You mean Ted was a hero championing a future where technology hasn't ruined everything through government abuse like in 1984. And the FBI guy was a useful idiot who damned the entire west by stopping Ted?

Yes indeed, according to the series his brother's wife (who was previously insulted by the Unabomber) made the discovery and then made sure her husband (the brother) found a way to send a tip to the FBI.

>Wasn’t it his brother who called the cops after reading manifesto an NYT?

Yea i can't imagine how they spun that into an entire cop drama, when they basically did nothing until his bro snitched.

Ehh, I wouldn't take too much of what the show has to say as gospel. There's an episode where they posit that the most widely known drawing of the Unabomber prior to his arrest was based upon a witness conflating her memory of Ted and the artist that had previously drawn her sketch. Turns out there is absolutely no source for this claim other than an unverified account of it happening from a Reddit thread.

After the badge is cleared steer away from those who hug the wall. The weaponized autism is volatile.

Watch it and you see the publication was only a part of it.

He wrote a textbook in 2016 called "Anti-Tech Revolution: Why and How" where he goes into even further technical detail about why and how to create an Anti-Tech revolution. The dude is a high-IQ mathematician he's still 25 IQ points above you.

The whole development of linguistic forensics and how they managed to narrow down the area where he was raised was actually pretty damned good.

About 10 IQ points higher than me if the series is correct.

Yes. AI does the first part of the linguistic scanning job automatically nowadays, with higher and higher accuracy.

Young teddy was such a qt

>Shit, I may watch it
You should. Some of the acting (his mother, for instance) was terrible, but the info was good and they even had facts I wasn't aware of, and I have followed this for years.

Anarcho-primitivism

It's incredibly entertaining but at times it's "based on a true story" as much as Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Wrong

You can almost see the MK Ultra effect in the 1959 picture.

I've never done research into Ted. Thanks for leading me down this path, Anons. I don't know what I would do without the collective faggots on this anime basket weaving board.

great show, perfect ending, best ending to any show i have ever seen in my life. that fucking stop light is in my fucking dreams senpai

>netflix
just read his manifesto
who fucking gives a shit about the investigator and his wife problems

>Uncle Ted thread

Watch this documentary and read his books.
youtube.com/watch?v=fHxRuLT4FIE
mega.nz/#!JUUQBYRC!N0p4hNI_DIAOZEwfO30XnYGKnQRTvvvJ6MKg6kB9Q44

Enjoy, anons.

very good ending indeed.

He got off easy. In this day and age, that wife would round up a roastie posse to accuse him of all kinds of sexual assaults and he'd get the needle.