Sup Forums fag here. What are your guy's thoughts on FLCL?

Sup Forums fag here. What are your guy's thoughts on FLCL?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8wqk-V50o
youtube.com/watch?v=P--YD2SrrR0
youtube.com/watch?v=8ApBSFO0Ntc
youtube.com/watch?v=jUcMyAzt2Ck
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop appropriating my animes normalshits

Top tier nostalgia.

I regret nothing.

Goog animation, good music, garbage everything else.

Go away fag.

I loved a lot of retarded shit as a kid (mostly western cartoons; the anime I liked then was always at least decent), but FLCL only gets better on repeat viewings.

I guess you won't like it if you want characters that are traditionally "likable" or just don't find them interesting, but beyond that it's amazing.

The writing is a top-notch journey driven by emotion and metaphor (unpretentious, fun-loving, badass metaphor as that)

The visuals are my favorite in any anime. The mix of wackiness with Only Yesterday-esque hazy nostalgic colors is genius and creates a melancholic and very heartfelt atmosphere.

The visual comedy is some of the best in the medium right after the unreachable ideal of the 40s golden age with Tex Avery, Chuck Jones and Bob Clampett.

Mind Game (which I watched later that year in 2006) was also fantastic and almost came close but not quite.

Oh and the music is fucking amazing and defined a lot of my musical taste then and there

11 years later I got this playing in the background while reading Blue Spring and Osu Karate Bu (my enjoyment of which can also be traced back to FLCL) youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8wqk-V50o

werent we getting anew season? was it cancelled?

This year, I think. I HOPE it gets canceled because fuck that shit. FLCL was good because it was what Tsurumaki and Enokido wanted to make, not what AS wanted to make.

Only thing that can save it is if the little yuri hint in the synopsis really was what it sounded like.

speaking of Sup Forums what did Sup Forums think of this?

very good, but would've benefit from a less modernized Leiji aesthetic. Girl was still the typical Leiji sameface but the guys could've looked more 70s-weird IMO.

>Sup Forums fag
Whats the point of this?

also don't post shitty fan vectors dude

I actually never watched any of his work,I know he did captain harlock and space battleship Yamato, but this kinda made me wanna watch some of his work.
Should I watch Yamato or captain harloc?

it can result in a wider conversation about music in anime

im not OP though, maybe he just wanted to annoy people by adding that & derail then complain about "Sup Forums" derailing his thread

Sorry it looked alright from the thumbnail, but when I actually posted it it seemed kinda off.

Great animation, overall style, GOAT music, characters are ok

Shit plot and overrated in general but still worth for everyone who's into the medium to watch

Great show, awful music

I wanna get into his stuff too. I wanna start with the manga version of Galaxy Express because it's so fucking underrated from what I read. There's this autist who forces the meme opinion that Matsumoto was always a horrible hack and one of the worst writers & artists of his time, that even fucking Gosaku Ota who was a retarded lobotomized Go Nagai was better than Leiji and others picked up on that opinion and you should not listen, that guy doesn't understand visual storytelling and can't read extremely basic compositions.

I might watch a bunch of the anime but I doubt I'll finish it. Might read the manga then watch the movie (which Bennett the Faggot says is bad, but fuck him, I'm sure I'll like it)

As someone who watched it not too long ago, I though it was pretty good.

Better than the money store

FLCL's plot was fantastic as far as Naota's development goes. You're not supposed to watch it as a sci-fi anime.

"Adults are fucking stupid and annoying"
"I'm better than these dumbshit adults"
"WHY THE FUCK WOULD I BE IN LOVE WITH THAT IMMATURE GROWN UP LADY"
[upon getting cucked by Atomsk-form Kanti]
"I'm a useless piece of fucking shit, I'll try to feel better by wearing Amaro's eyebrows
"then this is bullshit"
"hmm maybe Haruko isn't that bad after all"
"OH WAIT SHE'S A FUCKING VILLAIN AND WANTS TO DESTROY EVERYTHING THAT'S NUTS!!! Amaro may have been a pussy bitch, but even he was right - I have to take a stance!"
[takes control of the power of Atomsk, fights Haruko]
"And you know what, I don't care if you're evil, I STILL love you."

they kiss, it all comes tumbling down, Naota grew up by both taking responsibility for others and dropping his pretentiousness.

That's the "plot". But "plot" should not be the final decider whether something is good or not. FLCL is a Gesamtkunstwerk.

Pretty bad summary, missing a lot of points too.

Dont you have a meta thread to shit up or something?

>le sad boys vaporwave cool JAPANESE aesthetic
Hang yourself, kudasai.

>I HOPE it gets canceled because fuck that shit
Autism ladies and gentleman.

fucking love it, not just for nostalgia purposes. i watched it again with friends a few months ago and it really holds up as one of my favorite coming of age anime. i really and truly hope the sequel doesnt ruin what has been a very good thing for a long time

as far as the music goes - fucking outstanding, but i like a lot of the other songs by the pillows, not that i would've ever heard them without the show. i hope they make it into the sequel; it wont feel the same without them

youtube.com/watch?v=P--YD2SrrR0
youtube.com/watch?v=8ApBSFO0Ntc
youtube.com/watch?v=jUcMyAzt2Ck

I like it.

it's good

Introduced me to both Leiji Matsumoto and Daft Punk, so did what it was meant to (I did kind of knowabout Daft Punk earlier through Stardust - Music Sounds Better Than You but I had no idea Thomash Bangalter was in Daft Punk when I heard it).

i know, it sucks, I half assed it really bad

spoonfeed me and write a better one

plot was shit, story was good.