youtube.com/watch?v=WN5ADUrTsgE
youtube.com/watch?v=UjkI6I5CzG8
youtube.com/watch?v=wl4JVo87L9w
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=833240
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

KIMI RASHIKU

About to start this. What to expect?

Yurika is still mai waifu

Still haven't bothered with the movie because of how needlessly grimdark it is when compared to the show. Also I never cared much for Ruri and I hear the movie is 80% Ruri-fag fanservice

Go into it like you would every anime.

Expect nothing. Don't even expect a mecha show.

Grimdark wouldn't be what I would use to describe the movie. It's still Nadesico. It still has the same tone. And like you said, Ruri-faggin' is prevalent.

Gekiganger 3.

What this user said. The only change is Akito, who is now an edgy ace pilot that thankfully barely features

HOKO RASHIKU MUKATTE YOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't get the love people have for this show, it's just your regular 90's mecha anime where girls do everything and men are just comic relief.

But the OP music is gold.

Make sure you watch the movie afterward.

good times

I'd say its more cruel than grimdark, like what happened to Gai, only he died and Akito didnt.

At least he has an /effay/ af fit.

Male tsunderes.

My opinion of a character never dropped so hard after Hikaru rejected that poor dude's sort of confession. Fuck that four eyes.

nadesico is full of baka baka

What confession?

The movie also suffered from a number of horrible decisions, such as having the events of what happened in the three year time skip explained only in a video game on a system no-one played and intending the Movie to a first in a trilogy but never actually told the audience of this, and ultimately Kia Asamiya took his ball and went home.

Well the nips did play the Saturn game and the movies were continued in a DC game which is very hard to find a rom off.

MUCHUU NI NATTA HIBI GA YUME NOOO
KAKERA SA

best girls

yeah, the Saturn and the Dreamcast. Both systems to some extent flopped outside of the Japanese market, and even if they didn't the likelihood of an anime game being released on the system back then in the western markets was not high.

The trilogy thing really hurts because the possibility that Nadesico will ever get some sort of reboot is practically zero. So the franchise, particularly for western audiences, very abruptly ends at the end of the movie with a whole lot of question that will never be answered (unless you somehow manage to find a working copy of the mission, but even that doesn't answer everything).

That's life, user. She can't just say "yes" if she doesn't actually want to. Even if it hurts him it's better for her to tell him straight up rather than lead him on.

The fact that he lost a partner for his hobby afterwards was sad as hell as well. Makes ya' wish he never confessed.

Great girls and important meta-commentary on the state of anime as a whole.

White > Black > Blonde > Purple > Red > Blue > Green

The key term is "execution".
it doesn't really try to do a lot, but what it does, it does extremely well.

As long as Ruri is best, nothing else matters.

Just get rid of the mask.

It still hurt me right in the feels.

It was also like one of my irl scenes and the girl also liked like her

Finally got around to watching this and Gai just died. As much as I tend to like the character archetype he is, how am I meant to feel anything for him and the casts reaction to his death given I've known him for all of 4 episodes and know hardly anything about the majority of the cast? The way I've seen people talk about his death I thought it would come at a point where the viewer would feel some actual impact.

Truth

It's a joke, a parody on the tragic death of an aniki character trope.
Just look at how he died, extremely anti-climatically.

HOW HAVE YOU NOT PICKED UP ON THE JOKE?

DIDN'T YOU SEE THE EPISODE PREVIEW?

Thats the point, he had a meaningless.
It gets expanded later when the guy who shot him joins the crew and in the end turns out almost getterrobo-esque.

That's what I saw it as but I was expecting something entirely different from the amount of Gai love I feel I've seen online. Maybe I've just been taking posts the wrong way given I hadn't watched the series when reading them.

It's an incredibly cruel joke.

And even that goes nowhere.
Gai dies for no reason other than getting Akito into the damn robot

youtube.com/watch?v=XphjF-fHZkM

You'll soon discover that Nadesico is a lot of satire/parody of robot shows in general. Phew, I deftly avoided the use of the word DECONSTRUCTION

have an authentic ancient crappy wallpaper

The ED is better though, dat bass.
>youtube.com/watch?v=WN5ADUrTsgE

the 90's are coming back

Ryoko rice best serving.

A horrific, soul-crushing end, with no justice for the villainous shitbag who caused all of the problems.

too bad Nadesico never will

you get to bernie

youtube.com/watch?v=UjkI6I5CzG8

At least you can save Gai in various SRW games. Too bad to do that in J, you have to give up Great Zeorymer.

sadly, old anime music holds up better than old anime

Ryoko best Nadesico.

I can't believe I kek'd at this.

Oh, sorry about the rat language

>implying

What happens on Mars, stays on Mars.

>not Izumi
Pleb

>BRB gonna put stickers on my robot.

Gekigangar...
Gekigangar...
youtube.com/watch?v=wl4JVo87L9w

>90's
>>EVA, Gundam W, this, and GGG
why 2010's so shit?

YOU GET TO BURNING

You know, Yurika looks an awful lot like happy negro in that pic.

Ruri seriously trashes Rei. Ruri's not some emotionless doll and her stinging sarcastic off the cusp comments are pure gold.

This anime is gay.

Is this one of those few shows you're supposed to watch dubbed?

I'll wait a thousand years for it.

Yes
In latin Spanish

That's what people said about Swapnote.

>have waifus from 90's and early 00's anime
>all the wallpapers are 800x600
life is truly suffering

kekked,
you're a cunt though, ima think of this douchbag's smile every time I hear that song now

>cusp comments
>stinging sarcasm
oh please she just says "i'm surrounded by idiots" like fucking bazinga guy in the IT crowd

The thing is, unless someone buys the rights to the franchise of Asamiya. It is never going to happen, he despises what they did to his story that much.

She's got whole episode to herself, and she's a lot more human than Rei ever was.

>he despises what they did to his story
You mean make it much, much better? The manga was pretty bad with the whole alternate universe emperor Akito butthurt about his waifu dying.

Precisely.

The level of creative liberty they look with the source material. Don't get me wrong, I honestly think Nadesico manga is a pile of hot garbage and is amongst the worst manga I've ever read, and the liberties they took undoubtedly made the anime itself the superior product.

But in the end, the creator has final say in his creation, and if he's willing to allow pettiness in relation to his garbage fire of a story, then so be it.

To be fair you have to give up most of the secrets to get Great Zeorymer

>Can read moon
>Not a single rom for The mission available
The only thing I know about The mission is from a amazon jp review complaining Ruri doesn't meet Akito.

I honestly never had a 800x600 monitor. I was so traumatized by all the bullshit my 640x480 interlaced monitor caused me, I always had the highest mainstream res monitor forever after.

I'm fairly sure the manga is the adaptation, rather than the other way around.

IIRC, While the manga did come out after the anime, the manga itself was completed before the anime began.

Fucking hell, I don't remember anything about this other than that the Jovians were actually long-lost /m/ fags. Guess it's time for a rewatch.

All you need to remember is ruri is overrated as fuck.

This

SONO KAKERA O ATSUMETE

Good times

The mission its even on nyaa in a torrent with all nadesico stuff, Its the one with the name in japanese.

Its not hard to find at all.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=833240

There. In the game section. This wasnt difficult to find at all if you looked in the places this things show up (Chinese forums or japanese p2p)

>her stinging sarcastic off the cusp comments

You mean the ones that consist entirely of "bakabakka"?

Well, the mechanic's garage project in the first episode was considerably funnier in English, I'll give it that much.

Certainly I can't be the only one who's partial to the chief cook.

DOUJINS FCUKING WHERE?!

Any doujin that would have been created by now would the lost to the sands of time.

Hell the most recent doujin I could see from a quick glance at sad panda was from C86 which was in summer of 2014.

and it was of Ruri

Well fuck there it is. Now I can replace SRW W's continuation after PoD with The mission now.

>Introduce a super cute mecha pilots
>dies like in the same episode
>no one cares

>pilot

>dies
Oh boy

What exactly am I looking at?

Why are her nipples visible?