Re:creators

>Story about fictional LN/game/manga characters becoming real and desiring to kill each other and their creators

Anyone else cautiously excited by the meta potential?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x5b90pf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It will be a disappointment, I just know it.
But I may enjoy it anyway.

As long as it is not just "Fate: Videogames edition" it would be amazing.

HYPE !

>Anyone else cautiously excited by the meta potential?

They're going to waste the premise and do nothing at all with it like 99% of all original anime.

Judging by the general interest for this show so far it's safe to assume it's DOA.

I would be if some retard wasn't directing it.

I'm here just for Hiroyuki Sawano

The Kabaneri of our generation

>Sakamoto Maaya

I guess I'll watch it

Exactly this.

>Aniplex's next big piece of shit they're gonna shove down everyone's throats.
We all know how this is gonna end.

Are they actual LN characters, or just in universe fictional characters

Because Fate Stay Night with like Lina Inverse as Caster, Rance as Saber, and Golgo 13 as Assassin has been a concept I've wanted to see for a long time

If it relentlessly shits on the authors then I'll watch it.

It won't even be as good as Kabaneri if they're going to have that pathetic-looking beta MC.

What about LN exclusives but with FSN logic?
>Kirito as Saber
>dies to Lina Inverse pulling something bullshit on the basis of Slayers being the first LN to sell over a million copies
>SAO fan salt for ages

It's a blockbuster anime like many before it, it'll be entertaining through and through but won't really be good.

Again is this actual fictional characters or just fictional fictional characters.

FSN works because it relies on real world myths. An LN free for all could work and would be interesting since while an MC of an LN will always be a Gary Stu in their own world, when pitted against another Gary Stu only one can win.

These are fictional fictional characters; their names have already been released and don't correspond to any existing series, if that's what you mean.

>Kabaneri
>good

It looks good but it's that "generic good" visuals, if that makes sense, not really breaking any new ground, if you're gonna do blockbuster shows like this I wish they'd at least start trying to put more effort into it, like stuff like Kabaneri or God Eater have.

Oh fucking lame. Though it could be interesting if we have like, for example, the final battle be a harem overpowered gary stu protag against some female protag of a low selling LN that has to actually think to win fights

...This might be worth watching. Either they'll "get it" and deliver something good, or the show will end up seeming massively hypocritical

So, it's gonna end with them rebelling against their real life creators?

We have
>lignt novel heroine
>mahou shoujo
>mecha anime mc
>last boss from battle manga
>some shark tooth girl from a romance manga(Sakamoto character)
>female gil probably from an ln too
>sage librarian from open world game

Oh yeah and cyberpunk manga/anime franchise oyaji

>So, it's gonna end with them rebelling against their real life creators?
That's the entire premise according to the website.

Lance girl looks like a less cool Arianrhod

Female Gil looks weird because she both gives off the vibe of that very righteous knight type and of an anti-hero, like a slightly more angry version of Kerry, I dunno.

There is no shame in losing to Lina

>story is about humans writing stories and being seen as gods by their creations
>edgelord final boss from a manga character finds his author
>it's a teenager writing fanfiction-tier battle shounen with OC donut steels

I want it to happen so bad.

>>it's a teenager writing fanfiction-tier battle shounen with OC donut steels
Can a teenager be a mangaka?

Lina Inverse is basically the LN version of Gilgamesh down to being a huge fucking dick. Too bad LN authors would be touchy about their MC jobbing - seeing Kirito lead an ultimately futile charge against Lina might make me feel for the guy for a change.

Are the characters in Re;Creators only from officially published stories?

Sadly no, so it's worthless. I'm sure some characters will be analogs. But no Onii-sama vs Overlord battle of the invincible Isekai MC duels

The premise alone already sounds incredibly stupid.

Were you really expecting them to use real characters from some LN's? No author would agree to that shit.

I'm saying that would probably be the only way it'd be interesting. When everyone is an overpowered Gary Stu no one is, and thus actual tension emerges

The magical girl has to literally be madoka down to the pacifism.

whose stronger, Orphen characters or Slayers characters?

>When everyone is an overpowered Gary Stu no one is, and thus actual tension emerges
Well that kind of depends on how OP the characters are, I'm sure one of the Gary Stu's would trump the others.

In the top 20 of MAL?

In the crossover between them I'm pretty sure Slayers were pretty OP, but that could just be all of Orphen's friends being fucking losers.

Right but going into it there'd be definite tension. And salt. So much salt.

I'm talking about in-universe. Does the story the character comes from have to be published? For all we know, these characters could be from the imagination of children or teenagers writing stories of their own and for fun.

They all look fucking lame to be honest. This feels like a Chinese Knock Off Fate Stay Night

Oh I have no goddamn clue. I'd hope they'd at least have to be published, otherwise you won't even be able to get decent meta commentary out of it.

dailymotion.com/video/x5b90pf

BREAK YOUR STEREO DAYS

Maybe that's the point? I Hope

>Does the story the character comes from have to be published?
From the descriptions of the characters, yes they come from published works, 2 of them come from an MMO, 2 from anime, 1 from a manga and another from an LN

The teasers talk about "meting out punishment" on the world/creators and with my limited nip I can tell the mecha pilot says he doesn't care/want to save "this world"?
I wonder if it's going to be a bunch of fictional characters wrecking havoc on earth

Oh they are all from actual different media franchises in-universe. This must be strange for the fans.

>Sawano changing it up for once.

>Want to watch this
>Have to read Re: Zero first for the continuity.
No thanks.

>When everyone is an overpowered Gary Stu no one is, and thus actual tension emerges
There's huge powerlevel and utility gaps. I'm not sure Oniisama has any answer against a silenced Time Stop or God's Right Hand.

Yup. Which is why it'd be great. Some character that a faggot like you would insist couldn't lose would lose, and there'd be pandomonium. Folks would tune in week after week despite the salt, having invested their time into the powerlevels of fictional characters despite forgetting rule one of fiction

How do you kill a vampire?

Any way you fucking want, because vampires aren't real

It's going to be shit by virtue of forcing the best girl to be the villain.

>slap her on the first promotional art
>turns out she's the villain
>all while the boring as fuck self-insert kid is the MC

I mean I guess, but it doesn't quite cut it when you have clashing canons
See the biggest problem with clashing canons isn't the powerlevels. It's the worldsystems.
Under Mahouka there's a specific way magic works, and it works completely differently in Fate, Rokujouma, Overlord, Youjo Senki, and Index. It's not even a matter of how strong they are or "feats" anymore, because depending on which worldsystem you choose to use shit will hit the fan in completely different ways. Then you've got questions like, is Nardo's chakra the same shit as reiatsu the same shit as prana?

>Rule One
The entire problem is that Rule Zero aka "the GM is always right" is the one coming into effect, not Rule One aka "the GM's worldsystem is arbitrary as long as it's internally consistent".
>pandemonium
I don't know man
Those threads would be shitposting central
Like you think you've seen powerlevel shitposting you ain't seen nothing yet

Will MC turn her good with the power of his dick?

Is this based off an LN and if so does it have a translation?

She'll turn good at the last second and die like a bitch to protect the MC.

Anime original.

>Re: prefix

I hate this meme.

>Anime original.
Hm.
One cour or two cour?

It makes sense to be honest
Re: Creator, as in basically an email reply to your creators
In other words,

## Sender >> LN MC
## Subject >> Re:Creator
$ Fuck you
$ I'm coming for your sorry fucking ass
$ Prepare yourself

One cour I believe. The premise is a bunch of characters from various media (anime, LN, VN, etc) come to life to wreck shit and/or fight each other. Apparently they view their authors as gods and will obey them, and we all know some aspie who made a donutsteel OC will probably try to abuse this.

Can she really be female Gil when she is making every character job to her?

>The premise is a bunch of characters from various media (anime, LN, VN, etc) come to life to wreck shit and/or fight each other. Apparently they view their authors as gods and will obey them
Is this just Overlord in reverse?

$5 on split cour.

Yeah this is one of those times where I actually see the re: making sense.

More or less, yeah. The only difference this time is the MC is the most fucking boring self-insert known to man instead of being Gary Stu: Skeletor Edition.

We have no confirmation of her being a main villain though? We have seen all of them fighting each other. And even if she IS a villain that isn't a problem, a good villain is always a plus. The real villain here seems to be the creators.

>The only difference this time is the MC is the most fucking boring self-insert known to man instead of being Gary Stu: Skeletor Edition.
But that's terrible.

Exactly. Ainz was highly amusing due to his Gary Stu antics (crushing Clementine, always being a step ahead of everyone, etc). Meanwhile this MC is listed as "being very kind to everyone" as his main gimmick. He's going to be some fucking boring "guys please stop fighting and let's be friends" shitter.

>implying she won't be controlled by some evil fat fuck (with her having doubts about it and throwing the usual "I must obey no matter what" crap)

>always being a step ahead of everyone
More like blundering through entire campaigns with his 1000000 luck stat and +5000000000000 bonuses to bluff checks.

>calling Momon a moron

That's heresy.

Possibly, but she seems more like a smugfu than a doll following orders reluctantly.

Wait, is the MC [not] the LN guy but the author? Please tell me this isn't true

>Aoki + Sawano meme music

Nope.

>best girl
>not Maaya

>it starts off with MC thinking about a story he wants to write
>starts imagining the characters interact around him
>it's all inside his head
>suddenly hitler-chan appears
>"I'll make them real"
>characters the MC had imagined are now real
>some shit happens in between
>last episode
>world is in mortal peril
>after much struggle MC finally manages to save the world
>has a sad goodbye with his new companions
>"... that story, I don't think I need it anymore"
>smiles as the camera pans to the sky
>credits roll
>fades to black
>5 seconds of silence
>sound of an alarm going off
>click
>end

Is the PV translated yet?

They haven't made clear what is going on with the MC. First they reveal Himegami, then the 2nd promo image features everyone but her and now suddenly there's a decidedly generic looking guy in the new pv who never showed up before. I expect someone to die in the first episode with this amount of bait and switch.

literally none of this sounds enjoyable

>implying that's a bad thing
It just makes her even more best girl.

And I'm surprised you could look at that key visual and not realise she was going to be the bad guy.

>We have no confirmation of her being a main villain though?
Don't be stupid, it's obvious that the promo material is presenting her as the antagonist of the story.

So is one of the characters a battle harem protag that is murderously pissed at his creator for not letting him have sex after 20 volumes?

No.

>what's my purpose
>you're a generic character in a generic series
>oh my god

That's what pandemonium means. Chaos.
See, all that crap you're writing? Thrown into chaos. God if I only I were a billionaire I'd fund a mega cross over death battle series full of Gary Stus. We'd never need to buy salt again.

That'd be great
>Gets a girl naked
>takes off his pants at last
>he doesn't even have a dick. he's a ken doll.

What stops them from just killing their creators?

Why would they kill their creators?

Chaotic Evil maybe?

>killing LN authors
>evil
Pretty clearly Lawful Good, senpai

I guess the protags can just be glad she's not completely overpowered or flat out metaphysical.

It'd still be Chaotic Good if you want to play that angle
And the reason I said Chaotic Evil is because Chaotic Evil is also known as the murderhobo alignment where you just blow shit up for no reason whatsoever.

From the pvs she looks totally overpowered though

> TROYCA

Into the trash it goes!

The blurb says
>Humans have created many stories. Joy, sadness, anger, deep emotion. Stories shake our emotions, and fascinate us. However, these are only the thoughts of bystanders. But what if the characters in the story have "intentions"? To them, are we god-like existences for bringing their story into the world? Our world is changed. Mete out punishment upon the realm of the gods.

She's only passably overpowered, she's not mindbreakingly overpowered.
also do you have a download link for the PVs
China and all that

Sounds retarded, if we're the authors then let alone being godly or even metaphysical we're literally Featherine / Unmoved Mover / Christian God class, we literally write their wills. Unless we wrote them to hate us then they have no reason whatsoever to hate us.

>Aoki Ei

It ends with not!Tharsis's pilot being Slaine and murdering Aoki for the clusterfuck that was A/Z season two, right?