Did Sup Forums like the twins back when Overlord was airing?

Did Sup Forums like the twins back when Overlord was airing?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/maruyama_kugane?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>liking a race that is made for fuck

Not sure how to take that.

lord knows I don't remember a single thing about that show

It's weird that nobody talks about or seems to have cared much about Overlord. In theory, the premise of a skeleton protagonist is amazing. I think a bunch of the LNs are actually even translated, too.

There are plenty of Overlord threads sometimes. They are just not as popular as threads about Kyoani, Konosuba, Code Geass or F/SN

Is this out pitty fuck Overlord thread? Any new news?

The show was an intensely mediocre power fantasy with no real sense of tension or direction. It was just wank with a skeleton gimmick.

*our

Best girl.

Are you trolling or a newfag?

To be fair a skeleton's hands on your dick would be a pretty unique feel.

Wonder if he's ever going to write more on this story.

like sticking your dick between two blanks of wood and rubbing it back and forth.

There's no chance of splinters from rubbing bone against your dick.

What's this post about?

I don't necessarily disagree which is why I said "in theory" but power fantasies do have an appeal to a lot of people. It's why NGNL is so popular here, for example.

Overlord has a lot of good character designs though so I thought there would at least be more of a fanbase for that reason.

Pleiades Day, a 70 page book with 8 Full Color Illustrations done by so-bin. I believe it's a special gift to movie goers.

>movie goers.
There's going to be an Overlord movie? Did I miss something?

There will be two recap movies focusing in the first two volumes.

How fucking new are you?

That's kind of cool. Overlord was long enough ago that I assumed it was just going to fade into obscurity like all the other 12-episode LN adaptations.

The anime wasn't outrageously successful but the LNs apparently have become a huge hit as a result

Yuri Alpha....damn sexy.

Huh, so maybe there is some merit to those anime that basically only exist to advertise the source material.

>back when
>2015

So new it hurts

2015 was two years ago, anonymous.

Summer 2015 was a year and a half ago and that is fuckall in terms of time, especially time spent dicking around on Sup Forums waiting for season 2

>Madhouse
>season 2

user there were threads constantly for almost two years
The only reason they stopped is because the next light novel, volume 12, comes out in august or something.

Aura is best girl

I didn't keep up with the Overlord threads back then so I wouldn't know.

That next volume is pretty far away though, is he sick or something? Or does he just work on a really loose schedule?

He put one out in Jan I think and his volumes are like 400 page monsters iirc.

The Overlord novels are essentially larger than standard LNs, plus he's not going by a pre-made WN anymore. I'd say it's fair for him to pump these out at the rate he is.

And hell, I enjoy every one.

Was brain gay for gazef or some shit anons?
I mean it's sad to lose a rival and all but do you really need to die with him even though there might be someone equal to him in the future.
Seems pretty gay.

I just thought he was busy with the movies.
>tfw impatiently suffering and waiting for feb 25th premiere of Overlord movie
>tfw new to anime industry and didn't know I'd have to wait another 3 months after premiere for subs.

He lost a friend who brought him back from the brink. I'd be sad too.

Brain was pretty homo for Gazef
The thing is the Gazef-Brain-Climb trio are supposed to be more or less standard shonen characters. When judging their actions, think what a shonen hero would do in their situation. Shonen heroes are basically all homosexual for their rivaru.

He was pretty exaggerated. And they were never real friends, they barely spoke before that incident in the capital.

Ah, that makes sense then. If he maintains quality while writing books of that length I would imagine it's worth the wait.

Shame Yen Press cockblocked the fan translation as usual. Knowing their pace it'll probably be 2025 before they catch up.

Yeah uh, what a shame

A lot can happen in a year. It is not an insignificant amount of time. You have no idea what I have had to go through these past five months.

They're still being translated
Get them off secret club or the blog

Trap is the superior one.

Shut the fuck up
FBI kun is getting bolder

Kill yourself ESL shit, your FBI-kun joke stopped being funny a long fucking time ago. If you want to tell newfags to fuck off then do it straight up.

oh snap u gonna take that i know i wouldnt.

Nice try FBI

You know
I get that Ygg had basically reached EVE turned up to eleven stage in terms of information control and meta-warfare
But I somehow can't believe nobody managed to, you know, datamine the damn game or something.

I should have realized how silly that sounded. Of course they'd still be doing it, but I didn't even think to check. Don't worry though, I'm not so out of touch that I don't know what the secret club is. They talk about it on /lit/.

Recap movie just hit the theatre in Nippon

>They talk about it on /lit/.
H-Hol' up what

For LNs I assume

Yeah, it comes up in /sffg/. Everyone else is too busy furiously ejaculating over Pynchon or something.

I thought it was feb 25th

What a lovely pairing.

>elitists talk about jap ln
What the hell?

>elitists talk about Kuzu no Honkai / Gabbu / MaiDragon / Youjo Senki / SAO / etc.
HMMMMMMMM

If it's just a recap how come you're excited? There's probably not gonna be all that much new footage. In fact there will probably be less considering the nature of movies.

You got me there

No but seriously, elitism tends to show up in how you talk about it, not in what you talk about
Unless you're Sup Forums because you're /patrician/.

Is this confirmed to be reused assets? I keep hearing people throwing this around but no one ever provided proof. If Feb 25 comes around and it's reused animation then I'm done with Overlord outside of the novel.

What exactly is Ple Ple Pleiades?

These are probably the last anime Overlord will ever get so that basically makes you one of those people who quotes the last word in a post and says "Stopped reading there."

It's good to have dreams

>no real sense of tension or direction
Wasn't the whole point of Overlord seeing Ainz become a lawful villain? plus Succubus tits.

Maruyama's been saying some stuff on twitter.

Something about different beastmen countries, something about wci I think and a wiseman in the middle of the continent?
Also the current stage of overlord is like a far away front tier apparently, this is gonna be a really really long ride.

twitter.com/maruyama_kugane?lang=en

Feels like every Japanese author does this honestly. They work on their series for years and then they're like "Oh by the way, that was just the prologue, haha!"

It's no wonder anime adaptations can rarely cover more than a small fraction of the LN.

Maruyama said by volume 8 that he wanted 18 volumes as a self-contained story but would go further if it was popular. Guess what.
It's popular.

>Wiseman
Minotaur Sage or an Overlord Wiseman?

There's also a Wiseman in .Hack coincidentally

Sounds like there'll be a time skip and just a summary of all the ideas he has for the series.

I hope it's not soon, but eventually there has to be a time skip. Ainz and crew are immortal, new players show up every 100 years, and the guild is taking over the world.

V11?

What the fuck they're already up to V11? V8 was good enough as is. What could they possibly add to it to make it go up to V11?

What about volume 11?

It was too short.

>he hasn't read SPLAT

They became literal whos once Shalltear got fleshed out.

It was about visiting the dwarves. What did you expect?

Ah sorry, guess I should have added more to the joke. I mean V8 the drink.

This is wrong. Mare is the first wife.

that OJ, clever.

Poor Mare is kind of a odd duck

I wish I had a beast tamer cum ranger.

is that piss?

On the off chance you're not joking, it's OJ. But really it's her dress/jacket thing.

>when you spilled a cup of orange juice and realize you could work your entire life and not be able to repay it so you collapse like a puppet with your strings cut while the smell of ammonia fills the surroundings

the artist really chose some odd colors for the inside of the robe.

is that piss?

sasuga desu

WE HAVE ACHIEVED PERFECTION!!!

Shieeeeeeet
Is anyone going to be able to get their hands on this

>dat Yuri
oh_baby.jpg

It seems the supreme beings have little boys dressed as girls

Maybe that's how they are supposed to dress.

Isn't there a 'human' in the AOG guild, one of the NPCs?

What is Carlo Zen was one of the guild members?
He could've made his perso NPC to be Tanya.

muh nigga

Ainz said the twins are special in that regard. having anyone els crossdress would invalidate their uniqness. so sayeth the supreme one.

I think maybe Lastborn is human, though immortal.

>Carlo Zen CTRL+F the YS book into the NPC's bio/background box

Mmm, it's hard getting reliable info. The wiki is not to be touched at any cost.

Lastborn is the "immortal human". The way they phrase it makes me think that her immortality comes from a class skill and she's still technically human. Considering her design is miko-ish she might basically have upgraded herself to a divine conduit or a flat out pseudodivine, which in D&D3.5 are immortal.

>CTRL-F
user...
If you want to meme use CTRL-Y for pasting

>What are you doing

That phrase if forever ruined for me

mistype.
also, it's CTRL+V