Is Blue Exorcist worth watching if I just want a fun shonen? The new season has me wanting to give it a shot

Is Blue Exorcist worth watching if I just want a fun shonen? The new season has me wanting to give it a shot.
Side note, every piece of fanart I've seen of this fucker is pure cringe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D-qiQ0HBN2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hne4S6hkZR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you a fat stinky NEET girl?
You have your answer.

Lmao, that bad, huh?

>lmao
Lurk 2 years before posting again.

Read the manga

Been here for three years, you retarded faggot

>Is Blue Exorcist worth watching
Only the first 15 eps of S1

>The new season
Boring, last episode was decent tho, maybe gets better

It's not a bad show, it attracts a lot of fujoshi shitters though.

It's not exactly bad but it's not good either. It's just average. There's nothing special about it. The first season is almost entirely made up of episodic stories that are pretty much pointless, and the only overarching story in the first season (the last few episodes) gets retconned for season 2 afaik, I haven't started it yet though.

There are some decent things about it though. Some of the comedy is actually pretty funny. And Shiemi is pretty great.

Only 15? What happens after that?

Also for something that falls under the action tag, there's an incredibly minimal amount of action in the first season. If you're expecting a lot of action then you'll be disappointed.

That's unfortunate. Kinda struck me as a fun adventure with an end goal. Really the only reason I like shonen occassionally.

after ep 15 skip to the 2ndseason. 16 and onwards is shitty anime original. Its so bad it hurts.

Havent followed the manga after the kyoto thing. Does it gets better?

It's been lacking in sufficient Eyebrows, but this arc is sort of a drag all-around. Exorcist Dads were a pair of great dudes, though.

The brother a satan.
It's as bad as it sounds. They made an anime original end.
Personally I'm watching for eyebrows

The twincest doujins make this show worthwhile, nothing else does.

I see. I just found out there is a movie too. Does it covers the manga before the kyoto saga?

Skip it. The movie is anime original and suck balls.

The only good thing from the anime is the two endings from the first season.

youtube.com/watch?v=D-qiQ0HBN2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hne4S6hkZR0

Personally I like it, I've watched my fair shair of shounen shit. Although this one isn't special its still enjoyable.

The plot and the way the exorcism school works is really cool. My only beef with it so far though is it seems in the manga everyone is still Exquires? I think that is unforgivable how could they not have graduated yet it is taking way too long.

You shouldn't being calling people retarded when, even after three years of lurking, you still use shit like Lmao. Fuck off..

I literally just binged S1 over yesterday and today and yeah if you just want a "fun shounen" it's alright I guess.
I starts strong but then kinda drifts off and loses all direction then it picks off again but then they ran out of source material and just slapped some original ending on it that feels really weak and ridiculous.
If you're interested in the setting I'd say go for it but don't expect too much and definitely stop after episode 17.

Aw yeah, the endings are actually good. Ed1 > Ed2

The first episodes are pretty enjoyable till the fight with the earth demon. Then the story starts to get good with the kyoto saga just to go to hell after this.

The only good thing in the manga so far is eyebrows getting character development. The rest are pretty forgotten after kyoto saga and shiemi is even more stupier than before.

>eyebrows getting development
Are we reading the same thing user?

stop insulting shiemi

Question for the manga fags, are exorcisms and demons something the public is aware of?
It feels really conflicting, in the first episodes Rin awakens and starts to see demons while the general public isn't aware of them but later on the normal non exorcist students get confronted by demons and can obviously see them as well.
And in the first episode of S2 the kid runs through the police barrier and says he wants to see the exorcists at work as if they were common knowledge.
Really makes my autism flare up.

I enjoyed what I read of the manga before setting it down to let it run longer.

I found the pacing kinda slow and the story kinda boring, didn't find myself loving any of the characters, but still had enjoyable moments. If you want a more entertaining shounen based in high school then I'd recommend Boku no Hero Academia.

in the manga, exorcists evacuate the people around the area.
In the anime, people know stuff to a certain point.

Havent seen the movie since i feel its shitty and most ppl told me it was, but probably its because of the anime original episodes.

Download the OST. If you must, then read the manga.

>Is Blue Exorcist worth watching if I just want a fun shonen

yeah sure, just stop right before the last arc and start season 2 from there

Yeah the OST was actually surprisingly good for such an average and unremarkable show

I think sawano did the ost.

>shiemi is even more stupier than before

Havent followed the manga for a while but geez, wonder why i am not surprised.

Havent seen the show, but i liked the endings. I will take my time to see it.

I'd say yes, the first half of s1 and the movie were good enough.
The manga is better than the anime in general
Also not a bad OST

do you?

>cute boy trapped in a boring shounen
Not really worth it, no

I guess because the manga was still newish at the time, they took the second half of S1 in a completely different direction with an original ending that was p dumb.

S2 thats coming out now ignores the entire second half of S1.
Shame since the second OP and ED were the best so far, tho Im liking S2's OP.

She just decided that she isn't going to be an exorcist.

Dunno if its gonna stick, but yeah

>shiemi dropping the exorcist path
good riddance. More eyebrows screentime, the better.

Not really, S1 has a great soundtrack though. Hoping S2 will as well

So is Yukio gonna join the illuminati?

Im guessing yes

Rin really is best boy.

Shiemi is mentally retarded I think if she didn't understand the concept of romantic love at the age of 15.

Like she has two guys crushing on her, one outright says it, but its not until like 5 chapters ago that she gets it at all, and even then shes like "Yeah, I don't want that"

So we edgy exorcist now?

He was kinda losing it with his inferiority complex towards Rin combined with realizing he has a latent Satan gene himself. This was after he threw himself off like a 5 story building and lived.

He was told to cut that shit out by Mephisto

wew, i knew he had problems, but actually doing that?

He was trying to trigger the satan gene by putting himself in life threatening circumstances.

Also its nothing compared to something he almost does later.

oh, thought she was okey with being an exorcist since she proved to be more useful than eyebros.

Her mom was just like "Do you reeeeeeeaaaaallly want to be an exorcist? I'd rather you run the shop"

So then she decides to run the shop.

Im assuming she will change her mind later

Fuck, if eyebrows leaves the group too, I will drop the entire series.

Not like Eyebrows has anything left in life but to become an exorcist.

Thanks for the spoilers. So the group starts with 3 females in it and now there is one left? Wtf happened with eyebrows friend?

She literally just announced she wasn't gonna be an exorcist anymore in the most recent chapter.

Chances are it aint sticking

Read the manga and catch up buddy

I am the user that started the show because of the endings. Was following instructions in this thread for watching the episodes but left the browser open.
Also I was talking bout the brown haired girl not shiemi.

she was a talentless girl that dropped the exorcist academy in the first season.

Mephisto is the only good character in the whole manga.

> I don't have/want individuality
Not him, but lmao

>the only overarching story in the first season (the last few episodes) gets retconned for season 2

really? i might actually pick up season 2 then

DESU this is one of the dullest arcs of the manga, its kinda dull so far.
Hoping the action is good when it picks up

Ripoff of Seraph.

>Trying to express individuality anonymously
No, you're just a snowflake.

Dude is about to cut his life into pizza.

Usual shit with adaptations of an unfinished product.

The dreaded original anime ending...

It doesn't really deliver as a shounen action series. The action that has been animated has been incredibly boring with a boring system with little potential to look forward to. This Kyoto arc is also really dull and has been relying on a boring villain and a boring mystery with characters you don't give a fuck about compared to the decently established characters in seasons 1.

It just doesn't deliver on any front quite enough that I'd recommend it, mostly for the characters and they don't even seem to be at the forefront anymore.

This.
Even World Trigger with its author illness and lots of lore dump is still better in the action department than this.

I personally like the anime (not the original garbage) and the manga. I originally dropped the manga after reading the kyoto arc, something about the illuminati arc just rubbed me the wrong way when I first read it.

I recently went back and read it all the way to the current chapter and I am absolutely amazed with how little the story has progressed after nearly 90 chapters.

I really like all the characters besides Shiemi, the world is interesting but the series moves at a snails pace. There isn't as much action as you might expect but it's still pretty good all around, and it looks like it will be picking up soon.

>how little the story has progressed after nearly 90 chapters
Which is surprising with how quickly things suddenly seem to be reaching some kind of conclusion.

Well I think we are quickly approaching the main conflict of the story, I dunno if its gonna wrap up soon

We;ve only met 3 (I guess 4 now) of the 8 lords of gehenna.

>Dick measuring over how long you've been on a shitty imageboard. The longer you're here the more you realize it's not something to be proud of.

It really doesn't matter since they've already explained that it's going to be an all or nothing fight with Lucifer. Either they win it or the world blows up or something worse happens.

I dont think Lucifer is trying to blow up the planet anymore.
Hes trying to get Satan a body now

So wait, did they call Satan Satan before the Blue Night? He didn't even have an ego before then it seems, he was just Gehenna

I think the chapter hints at some connection between Shiemi's family and shemihaza.

I don't think it's a coincidence that it is shown with the form of a plant and that they chose to write Samyaza that way.

it is meh

>Shiemi went from being the best girl to written out of the manga in a few chapters
why...??????????????

Hamster Amaimon was the best thing the anime original decided to do.

otouto > ani

rin x eyebrows otp