This is the most watched NGE youtube video, more than one more final and the choke scene

>this is the most watched NGE youtube video, more than one more final and the choke scene

youtube.com/watch?v=RREpnkt4xaw

does this finally prove that Asuka is best waifu?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-QSmNReDyI
youtube.com/watch?v=QyIpijrLlcM
youtube.com/watch?v=ulUUQSDxbNs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Americans can be wifey, not waifus.

the views are 100% asuka-fags

>that darkness in her eyes at 1:20

Probably cause most other early videos have been deleted

How so? Youtube was created in 2005, this video still has been there since 2006.

Asuka confirmed for best girl.

She held up her arm still. I wonder what her face looked like when Shinji released himself.

Shinji actually likes Rei much more then Asuka in the Rebuilds
if Rei actually wins the Shinjibowl in the Rebuilds i'll be finally able to kill myself

Asuka a BITCH Shinji a FAGG
Penguin-chan a BEST

Probably because it's been around for nearly eleven fucking years.

>giving a shit about rebuild
The series ended with End of Eva

I don't think Shinji showed any interest in Asuka, where as Asuka has a crush on him. She's always staring at Shinji and Rei when he spends time her (Rei).

I'm just stopping by to remind everyone that both main girls were so bad that Shinji went gay.

There are very few moments in anime that portrait how 14 years old teens behave in real life.
Very sweet scene, and the music in background makes it a 10

It was probably a gradual thing for both of them but really
>Rebuilds

also Shinji was just originally an outlet of affection from Kaji rejection

Gradual? I don't think he likes Asuka, but just as a friend. He doesn't see her that way. Maybe Asuka does however, but 14 years later people change.

as for originally, I'm surprised she didn't chase any boys in school instead of using and manipulating Shinji's attraction to her. Soryu was kinda cruel, she kinda deserve it.

Good point. I think she knew how fucking oblivious Shinji was. He is an idiot after all :^)

Should have been more on Shinji's side, he was attracted to her, but didn't know what to think of it.

What is it? i see like 4-8 threads about NGE per day for about 4 days

I also think Retake/fan fiction has skewed my mind a bit, it's been too long since I've watched the show. It's also the most unsatisfying end to anything ever

Asuka is a confusing person any way, she's an enigma. That also is what makes her so interesting.

Rei is an enigma. Asuka is a plainly written bitch who can't get over her trauma and then takes it out on others.

That's just simplifying it,she bottles up her trauma and tries to be strong. Yet underneath it all she's a scared little girl who wants affection and love.

She's also a hormonal 14 year old girl.

In other words, hardly a goddamned enigma.

Just proves that Asuka-fags are the most obsessive.

She is intresting as fuck, I just needed to watch it a few times and think about it.

I can't blame Shinji for not picking up on it.

The ultimate example is when Misato is gone for the night and she goes into Misato room

>she declares herself to be inside the Wall of Jericho
>the wall taken down though voice

*I think the necessity of rewatching so much has created all the time loop fanfics of the series

Except the other poster called Rei an enigma you dumbfuck.

She is.

except this one

has more than a million more views.

Except its pretty easy to understand Rei, where as Asuka is a bit more confusing to understand. Some of her thoughts and actions don't make sense and are incoherent at times, just like a real woman would be like.

bizarro rei is best rei

>just like a real woman
I didnt understand why I thought she was worst girl up until you said this, but now its clear.

shinjimari in 4.0, digits confirm

Are you saying Asuka is like 3dpd?

Yes

>We will never have this canon spin off

I was actually incredibly taken back when I heard Rei with emotion

I prefer this opening though
youtube.com/watch?v=QyIpijrLlcM

First of all, I think both are understandable, but only Rei qualifies as an "enigma" due to the nature of her existence, the source of her suffering.

I'll remind you that neither are women, much less real.

you and i both brother

Isn't Project Raising and Angelic Days kind of based on this though? The former manga is kind of lewd though.

i dont read spinoff manga because i feel like i will invariably be disappointed
ive heard a bunch of people talk about this though so maybe i'll give it a shot

>do you see this shit
Seems like Reifags even know Rei is shit.

>Enigma: a person or thing that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand.

Sounds like Asuka, doesn't sound like Rei. Also blue doesn't have any suffering, maybe some conflict but not suffering. Eventually she understands her purpose and becomes a omnipotent being.

Just a word of advice but not much of a spoiler, Rei is infatuated with Shinji in both.

You haven't watched Evangelion.

>Sounds like Asuka, doesn't sound like Rei.
But that's not really true at all. There's nothing mysterious about Asuka. She is a spoiled brat that's extremely predictable, so predictable that her character never develops over the course of the series. There isn't anything puzzling about Asuka either, she doesn't ask or with her character pose any difficult questions to the viewer. It's a character that's easy to understand because the series goes into depth explaining her character. She is presented as a spoiled brat with mommy issue, and the big reveal of the character IS that she is just that.

With Rei, you've got the mystery of just who she is beneath it all, something which is worked up towards the end of the series. Through Rei's character, we are asked various questions about ourselves, about who we are - and as we watch Rei trying to piece that together, perhaps if the viewer is attentive, so will he or she. Rei's character is based around asking questions and trying to understand herself. There is a deep enigma because unlike Asuka, Misato or even Shinji, we are presented with a truth: Rei isn't human, but something else - what exactly is never concretely answered. It is a mystery.

>Also blue doesn't have any suffering, maybe some conflict but not suffering.

Are you some sort of waifufaggot Asukafag? Rei spent most of her life suffering through a nightmare she thought she had no control over. She was raised in a lab, abused and threatened by death by those around her, and was forced to find meaning in this existence by herself. No parents, no safety, only a prison.

this is gonna be the thread where we finally get it all figured out

Rei is the best girl of the original series.

rei vs asuka was never the question

the real question is GENDO vs PEN PEN

You go into such great detail of Rei yet you simplify Asuka to such a cheap standard.

She's not a spoiled brat either, she had parents that abandoned her and died in front of her. The fact you say this shows how much you hate Evangelion, especially when you insult one of its most important characters. When you cheapen Asuka like that, you also insult Shinji because he's exactly the same.

Asuka also feels more relatable and real, that's why Asukafags like her so much.

It's not cheapening the characters at all, it's talking about who and what they really are. You're the one who hates Evangelion since you can't deal with it's depressing nature with it's lack of ideal and pure "heroines", so you try to invent a new Asuka that fits your fantasy.

The original Asuka did indeed have a trouble past, but she was still a spoiled brat, and acted like it, and her final scenes reveal it as the truth. She was pampered as the #1 pilot, got hammered by reality, and ends up comatose. In her confrontation with herself, powered by instrumentality through Rei, Asuka comes to accept that this pompous figure she had wanted to be, was not her true self. She was indeed, a spoiled brat.

Shinji is not the same in any way, and you only say it because you're a shipper - the real reason for why you like Asuka, as a jerk-off toy to pair with Shinji. Hideaki Anno nails you to a cross in EoE, showing you jerking off to Asuka as a lifeless sex doll - a figure with no real will.

That's the real Evangelion which you seek refuge from in your fantasies.

>Asuka to such a cheap standard.

Asuka was always a cheap ripoff.

lol

Damn, Rei looks like THAT?

In your previous posts you called Asuka a plainly written bitch. That's simplying it, and now resorting to ad hominem rather than defending your arguments.

>She was indeed, a spoiled brat.

Like I said before, an attack on Asuka is an attack on Shinji. Both are actually manifestations of Anno when he was depressed and suicidal.

>the real reason for why you like Asuka, as a jerk-off toy to pair with Shinji

I don't recall ever talking about Asuka in any way sexually in this thread.

this entire post has to be bait

So thats why Miazaki is open to the idea of Anno making a Nausicaa continuation.

I'm the same guy fromDifference be is that The princess (Kushana) revered her mother for saving her outright from the poisoned wine, and wishes to destroy her family to survive and rule Game of Thrones style.

Asuka however hates her mother for abandoning her; choosing a Doll over a real person after the Antarctica contact disaster.

Asuka Wants to be the best in-order to get recognition from other people, recongnition that her mother did not give to her but to the Doll.

Asuka hates it when other people pay more attention to Dolls over her. Like when Shinji pays any attention to Rei.

>ad hominem
Sup Forums rebuttal in a nutshell.

>The original Asuka did indeed have a trouble past, but she was still a spoiled brat, and acted like it, and her final scenes reveal it as the truth. She was pampered as the #1 pilot, got hammered by reality, and ends up comatose. In her confrontation with herself, powered by instrumentality through Rei, Asuka comes to accept that this pompous figure she had wanted to be, was not her true self. She was indeed, a spoiled brat.
WRONG
see about the past.
>Asuka however hates her mother for abandoning her; choosing a Doll over a real person after the Antarctica contact disaster.
>Asuka Wants to be the best in-order to get recognition from other people, recongnition that her mother did not give to her but to the Doll.
>Asuka hates it when other people pay more attention to Dolls over her. Like when Shinji pays any attention to Rei.

Asuka was not a Spoiled Brat, She worked hard for everything, school (finishing college before age 14) and what not, and eventually to become a Eva pilot. However when Toji became one from thin air, she was furious that he became what she thought she worked hard for. In the end Asuka's mind break was a culmination from her realizing that all the effort she worked hard for was all actually mute, her zero sync rating/no one looking her from mom educed childhood-trauma.

Asuka is not a spoiled Brat, she was entitled; believing that she earned it after all her hard work.

>she was entitled
>believing that she earned it after all her hard work

I like that summary she *should* have been the most skilled pilot but got fucked up by emotional shit and Shinji's ability to shine ironically when not in control that really starts to fuck with her. She probably showed the most skillful showing of pilotry in End of Evangelion when Shen accepted her Mom and fought the MPEs. Until she ran out of time and they regenerated

Eva is full of "good" people doing not great things.

Also stop replying to that user, he shits up many threads.

>most skilled pilot but got fucked up by emotional shit and Shinji's ability to shine ironically when not in control that really starts to fuck with her.
nice observation user.

How would you say Rei fits into Eva as a whole? (as in her character)

>Also stop replying to that user, he shits up many threads.
you recognize him from other threads? Same thing happens to me at times. I wounder how many people talk about eva on this site, feels like only a hand-full.

I just typed out almost a character maxing post and my browser crashed when using captcha. I kinda want to die right now

summarize?
it happens to all of us

Rei functions as a opposite to Asuka heavily for a lot of the series. Hell Shinji's Eva is the mixture of their colors Blue and Red.

I think Rei is someone without contact and anything related to self worth. Not even negitive, just she exists. You can see this a lot in the early episodes where she seems ready to die. She's not a functioning person stated by Misato/Ritsuko and does not react when Shinji enters her room or touches her, which would have been Shinji's life had Misato not taken him in. This is an ultimate contrast to Asuka the fiery red will compared to the calming blue. She is one who will fight off death even in the face of it as she actually chants "I will not die" repeatedly before getting killed by MPE's. She's also very popular and desires attension to survive, while piloting for her praise and that why she did work so hard.

Eh I'm sure there was more to it that this in the older post, but this is the gist

After the show is over, we at least know who Rei Ayanami is. With Asuka nobody knows what she's mad at all the time, in Intrumentality she screams at him that he never understood her and because of this it hurt her.

I just wonder why it affected Asuka so much.

*Rei is an odd character showing someone without people life would be like. Shinji grew dangerously close to this state before Kensuke/Toji befriended him in that target practice simulation.

I think Rei's growth is mostly done by the time Asuka arrives as she's quite boring, but that's because that is all she's known in life. She doesn't respect her life leading to the awful/barren/dark room, that she rationalizes with being a clone. That's why when does slap Shinji it's about his father of all things, because he risked his life to save Rei II, specifically her when she can be made 100 times over again. She's still is ready to die, but by helping Gendo, the reason her treasury of his glasses being the one thing important to her. She also experiences this though Shinji's rescue after Ramiel with her as a shield and Shinji telling her to be happy. Only then does kind of tries being a bit more of a person and accompanying the other children to activities, but does end up sacrificing herself for Shinji and everyone else

New shit:
Also Rei II death kinda set the rest of the show's cast into a shitshow of problems. Removing any school children for Shinji to talk to, the last shreds of self worth for Asuka in her failure, and Misato and Shinji getting a bit seperate in Misato's response of sex to comfort him, and Misato saying fuck it all to Nerv and forcing Ritsuko to expose all the Rei's. Also opened up Shinji to Kaworu's give away attension, something he has not seen like EVER. (Not a fan of his, but he shows Shinji's happiness slipping away)

Asuka is a crpytic fuck, but if you pay really close attension that's her way of showing Shinji her love and affection waiting for him to give some response. When he's left confused as fuck by the things she does, and for very good reason.

>Hell Shinji's Eva is the mixture of their colors Blue and Red.
noticed that as well.

I really don't know what rei is all about, haven't given it much thought yet.

>we at least know who Rei Ayanami is
mind to fill me in on what you think?
>I just wonder why it affected Asuka so much.
see>Asuka Wants to be the best in-order to get recognition from other people, recongnition that her mother did not give to her but to the Doll.
>Asuka hates it when other people pay more attention to Dolls over her. Like when Shinji pays any attention to Rei.

Shinji is like her mother at points, in the way of paying attention to a doll than her.
>huh, i realize that shinji cooking/chorus is somewhat a motherly deed.
it is a part of it.

>why it affected Asuka so much.
She wants Shinji to look at her and understand her. (although that feels incorrect saying it now)

That scene is a continuation of (pic related) both Misato and Asuka wanted the men to respond to their Need of anyone. and hold them, but they got opposite results from opposite tactics. its really interesting.

>opposite results
?

Asuka did not get embraced by shinji after she initiated the kiss, dancing over saying what she wanted, like a child would.

Where as Misato Got Kaji to kiss her after she confesses her feelings-a mature thing to do.(minus the Alcohol loosening things a bunch)

in lamex terms
Asuka (closed about herself) got nothing out of Shinji.
Misato (open about herself) got something out of Kaji.

>mind to fill me in on what you think?

I mean that we know that Rei accepts herself for who she is, an avatar of Lilith.

>That scene is a continuation of (pic related) both Misato and Asuka wanted the men to respond to their Need of anyone. and hold them

Yeah, Asuka and Shinji observe how adults behave in the privacy of their bedroom between Misato and Kaji. For Shinji its sickens him, but Asuka finds it interesting "I wonder If I be like that when I grow up?"

Asuka decides to try it out, but Misato not to do it. Hearts melting into one, an unpleasant truth. However she doesn't know how because she's a hedgehog.

Also notice in following episodes with Kaji, Shinji and Asuka in the living room, ignoring one another. Listen to the tv, :one who is a bad kisser never works out"

Will this war ever end?

It seems as though when she tried to follow what the adults did (Kaji and Misato), she did try to ask Shinji for the same thing, but she stumbles and falters. She is completely incapable of having an understand conversation. That's the sad part.

nope

She acted like how a child would, closed about herself unlike misato thats the difference.

If Asuka keeps that up she'll never find a man, she needs to open herself up.

Which reminds me, I wonder how she'd be by herself without Shinji cooking her meals. She's not very self sufficient.

Asuka isn't real, she is a fictional character, why does this matter?

a lot of the times youtube tends to delete anime videos, a lot of clips had 10mil views but then get deleted.
there are exceptions though.

Asuka is like the definition of a dependent person. She needs to give and receive attention all the time. Even in the scenes where the two of them are not talking, she is always exchanging signals with him non-verbally.
Irl she'd probably be the kind of person to text her crush five times before she went to sleep.

This ended with 3.0, kek

Fuck wrong image

it's like reading all those liberals whine about Hillary losing, but for something that actually matters

The most viewed video is the opening:

And even Kaworu's battle against Ramiel has more views than the kiss scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=ulUUQSDxbNs

Asukafags BTFO, Kaworu confirmed best waifu?

what about Asukafags?
how did they react that Asuka will never ever win the Shinjibowl in Rebuild

We already have won in NGE the only canon that exists and matters and anyway I'm prepared to the shitstorm that 3.0+1.0 will be, and that will probably make everyone suffer.
Equality lies in pain

>We already have won in NGE
i demand proofs

Getting choked by Shinji is winning?
Asukafags sure are desperate.

Just accept the truth. You'll feel better

Looks like the ending was 2deep4u, but don't worry, a brave user explained everything for you yesterday, just check the archives

The truth that Asuka got choked?
You can argue she won the lifebowl, but saying she won the Shinjibowl is delusional.

Posting ugly fanart won't change anything.

He started to choke her than stopped because she caressed his cheek. If you don't understand all the implications and emotions going on you're either stupid or autistic. Or both

Asuka's original line was "I'll never be killed by you, absolutely not!"

Shinji was trying to kill her.

It was changed to "How Disgusting" because this is how Miyamura felt she would react to some creepy ugly dude masturbating over her.

If you think this is her winning the Shinjibowl you're delusional.

nice headcannon Asukafag

I understand them, they're easy to understand and not complex in the slightest.

To think she won the Shinjibowl from that is retarded.

She even calls him disgusting and Shinji still wanted to kill her. You can't negate this.

Is Asuka gay?

>Posting ugly fanart won't change anything.
Right? Why do Asuka shippers always post the ugliest fucking drawings?

In that picture Shinji and Asuka look creepy and dead inside. I'd get nightmares from that shit.

I guess they can't handle the canon so much they rely on doujins and fanfiction to delude themselves with. Must suck.

You just take the choking out of context, denying both all the building and the interactions the two characters got during the series, and during the movie, and just say "lol he tried to kill her". Why user ? Why did he do that ? And why does she caress his cheek ?

See above. Taking everything at face value in NGE is stupid

Cry more, fag

Because even in fanart you'd have to drug Shinji and Asuka and make them dead inside to want to marry each other.

>I had been thinking directors should convey their ideal how the show shold be to us. But Anno pitchs us questions such as “What do you think for yourself if things went on such and such ways to you?”
>After recording all lines of the movie, I was called to the studio because the final line needed to be revised. Ogata came there too as it was Asuka and Shinji’s scene.
>Asuka’s final line was “Anta nankani korosareru nowa mappira yo!” in the film
>“I’d never want to be killed by you of all people, absolutely not!”
scenario. Annno didn’t live with my line no matter how many times I tried. Ogata and
>I were at a loss how we should play what Annno wanted to express; she even
tried to ride on me and choke me to meet his demand. He must have been pursuing reality.
>Concerning the final line we adopted, I’m not sure whether I should say about it in fact.
>At last Anno asked me ” Miyamura, just imagine you are sleeping in your
bed and a stranger sneaks into your room. He can rape you anytime as you are
asleep but he doesn’t. Instead, he masturbates looking at you, when you wake
up and know what he did to you. What do you think you would say?”
>I had been thinking he was a strange man, but at that moment I felt disgusting. So
>I told him that I thought “Disgusting”. And then he sighed and said “… thought as much.” He said. ” I thought as much. “

>NHK interview, March 28th

>delusional Asukafag
nothing new

Yeah she's disguted by him masturbating over her like any sane woman would be. What's your point ?

>implying the rebuilds are not a sequel