What's Sup Forums's opinion on westerners publishing manga in Japan?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on westerners publishing manga in Japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=81443
sunfirecape.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=oBUgyZzT5SE
youtu.be/-Jsh8eCcVI0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good for them.

good luck i guess

Glad they followed their dreams

lol, thats like being chinese and having a pasta restaurant in Rome.

Hope they're happy with it.

>westerners
It's not manga then.

If the story and art is good, then I'm fine with it. If they start inserting identity crap into it, they should be gassed.

Male writer: Same race male with different race female
Female writer: Same race female with different race male

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=81443
???

Hideous way to inject neo-liberalistic propaganda into Japan since all attempts doing it over the internet failed.

>marry japanese man and write manga all to inject neo-liberalistic propaganda
>get accepted by Japanese editors
Wow she must be very dedicated.

Good for them but also is the last thing Japan needs.

That's like saying an American cartoon shown in Japan isn't anime. But Japan still calls it anime.

Awesome. If you are dedicated enough to learn the language and work your way to getting a manga published then you deserve respect!
That manga actually looks pretty fun too.

What are oricon sale rankings?
Did waito piggu sell over 500 copies in 3 months?

Germany is the middle east though.

>read pic
>suddenly want to publish manga
I'll practice for 10 years and aim for a one shot in Jump.

If they want to jump through all the hoops to do it, then fine. Stick to your dreams and all that.

I can't help but be reminded of that group of drawfags from Sup Forums that tried to publish their own doujin and ended up all hating each other so bad that they won't even talk anymore.

>publish their own doujin
Isn't the point that you don't need to publish?

Looks really cute.

Right, print and sell.
Sorry, I'm a moron.

And they couldn't even do that?

who cares?

anime are animated clips made in japan

a foreigner making a comic in japan is manga

>I can't help but be reminded of that group of drawfags from Sup Forums that tried to publish their own doujin and ended up all hating each other so bad that they won't even talk anymore.
When devinatart artists come together and try to collaborate on a project, it never ends well.

The same as I feel about the fat American girl who told me she was in Japan because she wanted to become a voice actor.
Pity.
I will never understand people who think like this.

Wouldn't you instinctively put a fatty in a voice acting role?

dude, go suck a dick

Not in Japan, although I think her obesity is only a small part of the issue here.

this particular case looks to be meh
a gaijin making something like haruhi with people not noticing is fine - better that they're on good terms with such creators too
creating what is essentially a foreign work that is out of place is no different from being a crossboarder here

>tfw will never co-found a manga company with cool japanese people and specialize in your favorite niches

If this were a work of ignorance by a Japanese I might actually find it cute but considering it was by a foreigner I genuinely expected better. I was hoping for something that would get me angry over trivial cultural differences that undermine the relationship between characters but rather it's just a nothing.
Seems too flat and textbook for my liking.
>This is a potato.
>That is a piece of grilled bread
>Why are we grilling bread

Weeb with creativity and willpower > weeb consumer

are bodies are built strong like duralast battery. We dont die from fatigue in writing manga like sissy jap person

If you honestly believe that chasing effectively impossible "dreams" for the sake of trying to be a special snowflake is better than grounding yourself in reality and pursuing a respectable and attainable future then I seriously question the education you were given.

She's propagating the stereotype that white people have big noses.

niggers do, dont forget, they're westerners too

She's a housewife.

I have a mountain of ideas that would make me rich but I don't know moonrunes.

Any popularor good one made by a foreigner?

Then learn moonrunes and get rich, retard.

Can you draw?

No Game No Life

>implying you need to know how to draw to make it big

Then draw it, call it a 'graphic novel' and sell it in your home country.

She looks like she weighs as much as three Japanese

I aspire to be one one day.

You understand that a lot of the pasta restaurants in Rome are pretty shit due to catering for the tourist hordes and it's very likely more than a few are owned by the Chinese, right

Ganbatte, I guess.

He can't draw (or write), he's the "ideas guy".

The creator of Thermae Romae lives in Illinois.

Well yeah because most people are aware of the gigantic population of Chinese in Italy since they run all the purse sweatshops and invade the designer boutiques every holiday season.

What are you doing to make dream reality?
Would you want to be serialized?

Would you put a foreigner in a voice acting role?

I mean, it's possible that once or twice there'd be a need for a voice actor with a clear foreign accent, but that'd be super specific and it'd be easier to have a local actor who'd just fake the accent. In most western shows you also have all of the roles acted by local people, even the ones where the character is somehow "foreign" and is even written into having an accent.

>inb4 b-but their nihongo is totally native tier
No it's fucking not. you can be very fluent and have fantastic grammar but people WILL be able to hear that you're foreign.

>mfw I'm the 'ideas guy' as well
>but spent years learning to write screenplays
>still no artist wants to collab

Should have just went the drawing route and done storyless doujins.

does she?
doesn't matter though she's japanese

I knew a taco place ran by Chinese people.

It was surprisingly great

This is true.
Fappable art>fappable plot on paper>fappable plot in your mind

Japan won't let dirty gaijins without their blood be popular

sunfirecape.tumblr.com/

The best hamburger I ever ate was at a doughnut shop run by a Korean couple.

>it'd be easier to have a local actor who'd just fake the accent
When they need people like that they either use gaijin models in local agencies or Americans who live on military bases.

And then they still have them use fake exaggerated accents.

huehuehuehue

/thread

But it is manga.

She achieved her dream. Stay mad.

There is actually at least one VA that isn't a native and there are some actors that aren't native English speakers who appear in movies/TV shows produced in anglo countries, but it's mostly true.

>gaijin models in local agencies or Americans who live on military bases
No, they use Nip seiyuu that can't speak English and speak Japanese in a shitty way that sounds nothing like an English native trying to speak Japanese. Situations when they actually hire natives for this are rare and memorable because of that.

I am confused

Maybe she'll lose weight from how shitty a life a mangaka lives

>tekkon kinkreet isn't anime because the director isn't a jap
>despite being produced in and by japan

So jealous

>youtube.com/watch?v=oBUgyZzT5SE

I'm happy for them. It's really fucking hard to actually follow your dreams. People bullshit about wanting to do it all the time, but these guys actually uproot their lives and go to a foreign country to make it happen.

Sometimes it works out. Felipe Smith (check the yt link) got a monthly serialized in a kodansha magazine. Made it to two volumes, and got a job with Marvel after moving to the states. He works on the new ghost rider (pic related) now

They're in Japan, they should stop being fat.

If they get published at a real publisher then that's the big leagues as far as I'm concerned.

this is a surprisingly positive thread, nice

Following their dreams. It's alright.

As long as their manga are good I'm ok with them.

Is manga publishing dominated by series or are there many magazines dedicated to shorter manga?

I haven't read the comic
But that Ghost Rider looks great, and you need a lot of good shit to look better than something like Ghost Rider

Stop being such a newfag user

judging by this thread people here really lowered their standards

How do you mean?

Don't care. I'll read it if I like it, ignore it if I don't.

>I mean, it's possible that once or twice there'd be a need for a voice actor with a clear foreign accent
If they absolute need a clear accent, it's easier to contact a foreign studio to record and send the lines than find a foreign voice actor living in Japan.

Which is funny because Sup Forums hate RWBY.

Why would a foreign studio have someone who could speak Japanese?

I thought people would be screaming at filthy hakujins inflitrating the great Nippon.

japan needs to be racially and culturally pure

keep the weeb amerikajin in trumpistan

Japan here, we like foreigners who come to live here if they respect our culture.

I was talking about those fake English speakers they use sometimes.
youtu.be/-Jsh8eCcVI0
(Ignore Five's Engrish since the character is a Japanese attempting to speak English, just listen to the others)

But, Japan is the most xenophobic country on Earth! Sup Forums told me so!

I went there recently and people kept staring at me.

Then again, i'm a tall black guy and the same thing happens all the time back home.

People in Japan would stare at a tall white guy too since they don't see one often. Just like a lot of Sup Forums denizens would stare at an asian walking around their town (unless you live in Vancouver or something).

Its out of curiosity and not racism/xenophobia like people claim.

But she, and others, have did it. As long as your dream is actually pursued you are not just a hopeless weeaboo. The problem with actual weeaboo is they do nothing to move forward with their dreams. Anybody who actually takes action to achieve what they want is respectable. What have you accomplish anyway fag?

>a lot of Sup Forums denizens would stare at an asian walking around their town
What bumfuck town do you have to live in where you'd stare at asians?

Peepochu is about a weeaboo who goes to Japan and talks like a pokemon because he learned Japanese from Anime.

Ah well. We have a saying in the United States, "That person has a face for radio!" It seems to apply here.