Which do you prefer Sup Forums

Which do you prefer Sup Forums

The more straightforward and over the top show with a concise ending of Gurren Lagann

or

The more experimental and trippy show with a more grounded world/character and inconclusive Evangelion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eh I think Gurren Lagann gets more enjoyment out of me as a show and narrative/music and "enjoyable" characters, however I find discussing Eva to be much better (there have been a few good threads believe it or now) and I think probably think about it more.

These aren't even close to comparable

>evangelion was so deep for him, he doesn't even think there was a conclusion

Eva is for people who like to pretend they're smart while spamming shipping garbage while TTGL doesn't pretend to be anything more than it is.

I like the ending/s but seriously there's literally nothing explained

Even the last line has 3+ possible meanings ranging from she was awake when she was comatose watching Shinji Masterbate to her earlier to potentially being pregnant and refering to morning sickness

I liked both.

the what of what? Anta baka

They are on incredibly similar on the surface level with depressed MC's in a world of mechs

Shinji is depressed the entire show, Simon is just for a while.

That's why I said surface level

Actually there was dispute to make Rebuild or TTGL. TTGL won out iirc

Everything is explained in the last 2 ep + movie. Rewatch or grow up

experimental and trippy, every time

>Simon pilots an Eva with Kamina's soul

How does this affect the angels

I guess they're both fighting off things with mechs in order to survive, and the mc is depressed at at least one point.
Also if that's true I am fuckin glad TTGL won; I fucking love it.

Is it normal I felt more loss when Kamina and Kittan died than anyone else dying in Eva

How was Evangelion inconclusive? No conclusion tells you everything that will happen thereafter. EoE was a perfect spot to end the story. It was literally a perfect ending.

Gurren Lagann does

>how does this affect the angels?
well they would all be fucked first of all

youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU

this is the official DVD and dub actor doing this

i laughed

>You ran out of ink too didn't ya, you bastards

And not only angels. There will be a lot of people getting their heads caved in, accounts set straight and wrongs righted.

Depends on whether I want my blood pumping or I just want to zone out.

Apparently weekend Sup Forums is as bad as summer Sup Forums.

why

>Rewatch or grow up
Rewatch of Evangelion

I really do like the jokes and shit....but do you really think a VA has more knowledge about a character than the average fan?

Take that Vic Magnolia guy who voiced Eduard Elric and refused to believe, that Ed was an atheist.

No, it even left the biggest threat open, because they didn't have a conclusion.

The spiral nemesis was explained, the MC said "Fuck it, we try" and then it ends all hopeful, despite not having faced the biggest problem yet.

Spiral nemesis is sequel bait, if trigger/gainax/whoever the fuck owns the rights decides to make a sequel.

No, it was a concept. A established universal rule and it worked fine at a distance for our heroes to rebell against and be the cool guys. But the problem is, that it was that, a concept. Not some beatable villain.

They could turn it into some villain, but that would be different from what was described.

Just a joke.

TTGL tries to pretend it isnt shit.

>Implying every board didn't shit their pants as the show was coming out 10 years ago.......

TTGL doesn't even hold a candle to Eva. While its a good show in its own way. Eva is better in every way except hype. Character arcs are way better, the fights are better, the story is better, the world is better, even the animation is better. TTGL had a lot of hype, but Eva is still one of the most regularly discussed anime. And has become required viewing for any anime fan.

TTGL has the better, harsher message.

Was this good?

No.

neither

Depends on quality, really. Solid animation, good characterization and an engaging story are enough to get me invested.

The first

I would normally say more experimental and trippy. Except for the fact that I hated every single episode of NGE.

Really what I prefer are shows that don't purport to be bigger than they actually are. NGE and Cowboy Bebop ("a genre unto itself" it claims) both have huge egos. But only one successfully pulls it off.