This is one creepy show

This is one creepy show.

Other urls found in this thread:

fauux.neocities.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is everyone watching / re-watching Lain all the sudden?

Let's all love Lain.

not surprising. the guy who wrote lain used to write Lovecraftian fiction iirc

Why should I love Lain?

because shes lain!

They're not, it's just one of those cult classics that will have a couple of threads a week from now until the end of time.

>not animated

I'm lazy. Feel free to make it for us though.

2lazy.

Also it'd probably be too large now that I think about it. It's something like 30 frames and full 1080p, and there's no way to compress the gif cause it's the whole frame that's changing basically

since this is really the only place i could bring this up, someone want to explain what the fuck this website is?

fauux.neocities.org/

It's the wired and our love for Lain.

Power of memes

LAIN IS A FREAK

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH

I was a little let down by the feel of this anime when I first watched this 4 years ago
then again I was a naive 17 year old back then
will i enjoy this more if I rewatch it now?

probably

Maybe, then again it may just not be to your tastes.

AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND

I think I finally figured this show out after rewatching it a couple times on heavy doses of dissociatives

I highly recommend it

Let's all love Ain

Which dissociatives? Should I watch it stoned? I already really like the show though

This show was boring and only sold itself on being "deep"

yeah.
2deep4u

I watched 4 episodes of Lain. Didn't really like it since I had no fucking clue on what was happening.

you're just not understanding

I watched it for the computer references and Lisp

That's the point. Keep watching and you'll understand. Basically it's MGS2/MGS4 with internet

Lain is moe made for schizophrenic cyberpunks who want to worship an AI with the body of a cute 14 year old

Singularity now

>Lain is moe made for schizophrenic cyberpunks who want to worship an AI with the body of a cute 14 year old
Where the fuck do I sign up?

Probably because of meme magic.

Is this transcript worth reading through all 600 pages?

Not really, read up until Lain's therapist goes crazy and you'll have gotten the gist of it (around page 200), the rest is just ramblings.

Goodnight, Lain-thread.

How do you sleep with only one thin sheet and a bearsuit?

Comfortably. My computer keeps the room warm.

Because Lain philosophized the coming of Kek, Kek and Lain are the same being. God's of the wired.

By denying frogposting you are denying Lain.

Get out, dumb frog-poster.

The frog and Lain are one.

>tfw this is actually how I sleep now

any will do, DXM obviously being the easiest to get ahold of if you don't have connections

I'd definitely recommend watching it stoned, it'll just increase your appreciation of it as long as you've already watched it at least once sober

its a meme

because she loves you duh >_>

A shame you seemed an honest lad tbqh

>MIGI

>ai
Wew lad

>takagi shitposter doesn't understand
You fags deserve the NTR poster now.

"God" outright says she's software. Intelligent software i.e. AI you fagtron

He doesn't know shit all about what's going on. Lain herself says that there's too much 'room' or something to that effect after her asscension for it to be the wired. Then she meets 'dad'.
She isn't AI, that is Lain of the Wired. Lain is something more, wired is a bridge not a destination.

>her ascension

She only removed herself from the memory of those in the Wired. She isolated herself. She didn't ascend. The scene with her dad in the sky is comparable to the scene where she talks to the scientist in the wired. Both take place with a cloudy sunset backdrop, and they aren't anywhere exactly physical or spiritual. There's nothing to say that they were "in heaven" or somewhere magical.

What is the Wired?

A network that people communicated through using electronics, but a crazy scientist wanted to merge it with the real world and become their god

>network that people communicated through using electronics
That is the net, which still exists in Lain's world. What differentiates the two?

is she virtualized?

>That is the net, which still exists in Lain's world.
It does? I just thought that the Wired was the name for the internet after some great invention made it more advanced.

Let me be. I'm alright.
Can't you see? I'm just fine.
Little skinny, OK. I'm awake, anyway.

It does. The difference is that the wired needs that chip that taps into your unconcious. Remember how she had to get one to finish her rig?
Wired is the marriage of phys and unconcious. God thought that was it. However, when you throw KIDS into it as well you realise that psych shit is real and the great shared unconcious exists, which is what lain is a manifestation of.
Further, as an AI, how did she ressurect people in the end? Remember the first scene where Lain pushed a girl to suicide? That girl is back.

Because she achieved that power through her own singularity, and also at that point the wired was beginning to merge with reality which gave her even more power over everything

PRESENT DAY

You KNOW you watche me this show at Sup Forums the first time told me to watche this Show im SO MADE now write the watch this post because i'm fucking FURISE you tell me the watch for Garande taims encomfrancing digitalities and for one patricular CUTTY PATUUTY but Im there and finnished the first time and YOU FUCKING Traped me A was all lies? A causede I DID it and you' know WHAT? No! Thats the last I'ts going to take me for from you.

First the taim: Weren't WOW OH SO GARANDE DIGITAL TAIMS HURR DURR

i thought the same. but i believe people start recommending it alot is why its becoming more frequent but i reckon its mainly due to the autistic lain neckbeard poster

>480p

late 90's anime is best anime

Normally I find 2deep4u to be a stupid meme.

In this case, it really is too deep for the guy. Which is funny.

NEVER EVER
HAHAHAHAHA

The people who just call off SEL as a edgy shallow anime are the people who watch basic starter anime, do not believe their lies.

>SEL
>edgy
what?

A shame, you seemed an honest man.

I remember watching this back when I was a teen. I don't think I understood it and I don't recall anything aside from it being really depressing. Is it worth rewatching or will I end up confused and cutting my wrists?

why is this a copy pasta?

You should really go to bed.

I want to disappear from the real world! All I need is the Wired!

due to lainspammer
his barely intelligible gibberish made people interested in it again

Track 44 was shit, its the worst track.

You can access the wired without a Psyche, but you can't do nearly as much without it

Well what about 37?

And a gun.

F-fuck
Need me some more ABe tho

>autistic user posted a thread today according to archive
>thread deleted
Mods are retards that can't appreciate OC

never enough aBe

Let's all love Lain!

no

its great

Watched this last week. The ending really reminded me of Donnie Darko, besides the obvious difference.

>MGS2
>with internet

user, I think you need to replay MGS2.

>Scientists had to make thousands of calculations to create the (atomic bomb) and determine its effects… Computers and atomic bombs, both products of World War II, grew up together.“ - Information Age: People, information, and Technology exhibition- Nation Museum of American History, Smithsonian Institute.

That's from the opening of the Plant Chapter.

Yeah, I honestly think that Donnie Darko may have been inspired by Lain. It's incredibly similar.

Lain is love

Im doing a top 100 anime list, and i need to refresh my memory on some shows i dont remember.

>Reading transcript
wwwww
Just play the browser version if you are too lazy to emulate PS1

The guy also did the script to Marebito, which is pretty lovecraftian. I'd recommend it.

>Lain will never experiment with posting lewd images of herself online and end up getting into exhibitionism

Every time an autist posts in a Lain thread, the post gets longer and longer.

Serious question: does Lain have autism?

She's a physical manifestation of the collective unconscious of the internet. The answer should be obvious.

AHAHAHAH

PRESENT TIME