ITT: First manga you ever bought

ITT: First manga you ever bought

TIL Sup Forums never bought any manga

>buying Cantonese comic strips

Bleach.
Or do you mean, a good manga?
Hellsing

Doesn't have to be good, just the very first one. Do you remember the volume? I'm actually impressed started from a volume 1.

It was the volume 30
That one with Kaien.
The Heart

There was an ad for it in the back of the Black Lagoon issues they had at my library so I went and bought it.

That cover is great, good fight, IIRC, too.
My first Bleach was 21, the one with Hirako on the cover, I remember really liking his design and it was something I hadn't seen in the anime so I went for it.

yugioh volume 1

Either pic related or One Piece vol. 1. Must have been about 2000 or 2001.

It was either this or some Naruto when they went to look for Tsunade, I can't remember.

Do you still have it? Mine is all busted somewhere in my house.

What, you didn't buy volume 1 first?

Yeah, but my older volumes look pretty rancid by now. That Blame one is so yellowed, it's almost orange.

Dragonball volume 1, yes, Dragonball, not Dragonball Z.

Yeah, mine's on my bookshelf. It's the only actual book on there, given that everything else is various DnD and other RPG rulebooks

Here it is I'm quite proud of myself for it.

Dbz and it was in the Cell Saga tournament. First time i knew as well that its read from the bacj

My friend had volume 1.

Too bad it was trash

I'm not proud of this

Yup, its in a plastic container until I get a shelf. I have all of the Shaman King volumes and it was the first series I ever completed. I stopped buying them when I found out I could read them online and save cash, but I plan on buying some stuff like Tokyo Ghoul for those sexy ass covers

No, I was a naive 10 yo and I believed it was the same story as the anime, that I had been watching on tv.
I was kind of confused but I figured it was a different story.

this one in nihongo

Were you born a just a decade ago or what?

No, I just don't buy manga

great taste

I've also bought all the volumes

I got that, don't remember it being good

It's was some god awfult tokyo pop garbage that shall remain unmentioned and forgotten by the annals of history.

Not having internet was hard times.

I made the mistake of leaing mine in storage at my dad's place, where he decided to throw them and all my other books in a shed. Volumes 4 and 6 got heavily water damaged, and the rest are molded.

great teach onizuka volume 1
never got around to completing the set

Bleagh

>naruto
it was ok

It was a fist of the north star tankbon in '88

Too lazy to search for a pic, but Dragon Ball vol. 30.

Embarrassingly this.
I had read jump for years for free via finding old issues and did the rest of my reading at libraries. I got chobits and a bit of love hina for free before that.

Pic related.

The Argentine slang is the best part.

This, followed by Magic Knight Rayearth

I think it was maybe Sailor Moon or Gon. I can't remember, it's been twenty years.

Not exactly bought, but this is the story of my first time acquiring physical manga. When I was in high school I saw that they had the first two volumes of Yotsuba& at the bookstore (which I knew about then from being an edgy underageb&), but didn't have any money, so when my mom asked me what I wanted for christmas I told her "Yotsuba to," and said they had it at the bookstore. When I got the books on Christmas my mom told me about the trouble she went through finding them. When she went to the book store she asked the guy at the main desk if they had "Yotsubato" for her teenage son, so he typed it into the system like that and of course didn't find it. After a lot of looking on the computer my mom finally told him that it was a japanese comic, so they went over to the manga shelf. Once he stumbled on the two volumes he said "Do you mean this?" When my mom said she thought so he said "are you sure? it looks like it's for little kids." And of course in telling this to me, she was curious why I wanted a book for little kids, so I tried to give some explanation about how it's for adults to look at the world through the eyes of the innocence of youth etc etc. I think a year or two later when I was packing the books to go to college she commented on how it's good that she was understanding, because some people might get the wrong idea and think I'm a pedophile.

Time skips were a mistake