How can anything this season compete with a show on this level of poignant character development?

How can anything this season compete with a show on this level of poignant character development?

>still wears a ponytail
I don't see the development.

There won't be any development unless she takes that green tail up her pussy.

Character development? Not really, there wasn't really any drama in her being alone. Instead of it being some grand revelation, she just kind of went with it. Although, I do acknowledge the moments she cherishes/blushes at the times when she realizes this change. This show's characters work well with each other, idk what else you would call it. Character unity?

That's more of an animation error than character development.

>I haven't seen the show

When are they going to give Kobayashi a makeover to make her look more feminine?

by having gender bending nazi lolis

>her entire outlook on life has changed
>not development

Why is she wearing men's clothing?

It's easy to make it seem bombastic, do we even know why she was alone? Did she change her behavior for it to be solved? No, it was just thrown into her lap and she went with it. I can understand that she appreciates it, but her character is reserved and we won't see a revelation until later on when the climax hits. When it does, I can say, yeah good character development. But if you're trying to honor this anime compared to the ones in this season, it can't compare to Kuzu, Rakugo, or even Youjo (when shit starts rolling.)

Instead of character development, being the main focus or brightening aspect of this show, it's how the characters interact with each other so wonderfully. It's comfy, funny, and there's small details we can appreciate; which is why it works.

>kuzu
Right, so you value completely inorganic and unbelievable bullshit. Opinion discarded.

Why does she need 4 umbrellas if she lives alone

>inorganic/unbelievable
Those buzzwords. Listen, what makes Maiden special atm isn't the character development, it's the coziness of the character interactions. If you're going to base the quality of this on the character development, well, there are other animes that do it better atm in this season.

Also you're absurd for playing dumb and not realizing the Kuzu is a social commentary on relationships. lol inorganic, soccer mom language.

She needs extra since she's prone to forgettting them. Like she already lost one of the white umbrellas.

>atm
>animes
>lol
>soccer mom
It's time to go back to where you came from

>Red herring
Just keep avoiding taking any stance in the matter after I refuted your initial claims.

When are they going to give Kobayashi a makeover to make her look more masculine?

>trying this hard
you are new and you should lurk more

>Red herring
Must be hard not being able to argue a point. I wouldn't know, of course. Maiden is a good show, we both know it. We also know there are other shows with better character development, so I don't know why you're being such a baby.

They're probably all 1-2$ mostly-disposable Japanese umbrellas that she expects to be stolen.

nobody tell him

So you're admitting you're a newfag? Great. Time to fuck off.

>Strawman

Having circumstances surrounding a character change isn't character development. Merely reacting to an altered environment or interacting with those new elements placed there isn't development either. Most people, if they aren't suffering from crippling low self-esteem or mental/emotional issues, will examine changes to their environment. They may even go as far as to acclimate themselves to or accept these new presences if they aren't abhorrent or harmful to them.

Until there's a real noted change in temperament or a clear shift in the way she acts or thinks, no real development has occurred. Reacting to things is extremely easy, and especially easy to display in visual formats like manga/anime so most series are actually pretty bad at conveying and presenting real character development in their casts.

>spouting logical fallacies
Congratulations. Lurk for 2 years before you post on a board so you don't embarrass yourself so badly next time.

So if by episode 5 the highpoint was reached it means it's all going downhill back to the start by the last episode, right?

You're committing those fallacies and still not returning to the initial argument. You must be one of those trolls I hear about.
She had everything fall into her lap and kind of just agreed with it.

I own 5 umbrellas...

Have you encountered situation when caught in rain.
Oh, I forgot to bring one, wait.. I am near a 7-11 store, let's buy one.
By a few years, you have collected some
It costs about 1000 yen

Oooops, I meant to reply to:

It doesn't look like Kobayashi herself has changed. Just her life.

I figured.

>a clear shift in the way she acts or thinks
She went from a coasting salaryman to someone who realises the value of having people in her life and is now actively making steps towards improving their lives at her own expense. Do you think pre-tohru kobayashi would buy all that school shit and fucking upsize her entire living situation for someone else? How is that "just reacting" to a shifting situation? She could have just Tohru to fuck off on day one and changed nothing about herself or her life. You're being disigenuous or a straight up retard if you think its "extremely easy" to assimilate people into your life and change your entire situation to accomodate them.

> character development
> hasn't cut her hair

I don't think you know shit about character development.

How's day 17 on Sup Forums going for you?

Pre-Tohru Kobayashi had no fuching child to buy any school-shit for. We have no chance of knowing what she would have done.
You also seem to assume that she didn't realize the value of having people in her life. She wasn't a loner, she was just living alone.

>Being this mad

Alright, my man. I'll send some kids over to your house, and you tell me how "extremely easy" it is to react to them by literally becoming their adoptive parent.

>being this new
It's time to stop embarrassing yourself.

Im not the other guy(s?), but we don't really see what Kobayashi was like before she met the dragons so we can't really make that claim.

I'm not sure where you get the crazy idea from that Kobayashi is comparable to us who post on this board.

Reacting is easy. Having a reaction to something is what happens when you act or think about something that comes to your attention. And she does just that. I think the manga and anime both take the very convenient route in that it just makes Kobayashi react encouragingly to things that you've called out as being things that most people could probably just slam the door on. But this is not development.

And I don't really have a problem with this. The manga and anime make no pretentions of being a human drama or presenting a long standing narrative of any sort. The show is fine as is. It's a really fluffy comedy with SoL elements and that's okay. It's a fun show to watch. I just think it's disingenuous to call this "poignant character development" like OP did.

>kuzu
>youjo

get the fuck out of here you autistic retard

His argument is that she didn't seek to actively quell whatever was wrong with her; if there was ever something wrong with her. She's just adapting to what's been thrown at her; which is great. And yeah, you can say there is character development in the way she's acknowledged that she appreciates her new family. But, her character's reserved personality makes it hard for us to even acknowledge it. Also, there is no balance in the show's themes, meaning, the development really takes a back seat.
Arguing with someone you presume is new. Aren't you sure you had enough of this yet, you hardly touched base on the subject anymore; which I could only assume that you're just interested in having a petty argument instead of promoting some type of Maiden-related retort.

In the manga, it shows her attitude was basically "work hard, be a contributing member of society, and don't be a bother to anyone else" as told to her by her parents. She overdid it to the point of doing nothing but studying and working and never bothered to socialize, with the one exception being Takiya.

So the pigeon came to roost. Want to make an argument, or just fling shit, pleb?

>tfw soul crushingly alone
Unlike in this nobody will come save me

Men's clothing is superior. Women's clothing is thin, itchy, uncomfy, expensive, doesn't last long, and is a hassle. All it does is look good.

Aka a pretty normal member of society.
Your point being?

>can't even parse basic english
sasuga newfag

He said she was anti-social. You're being way too passive-aggressive here.

>red herring
No argument from you.

>close off any form of meaningful interpersonal relations
>only friend is someone you get drunk with and go on autistic rants about otaku fetishes
>normal

Which is wrong. She has a friend and gets along well enough with her coworkers.

>expecting Sup Forums to correctly distinguish between normal and abnormal social behavior

You don't seem to realise that you're in a place where being a complete and total transparent newfag means nothing you say matters. Go somewhere else if this bothers you, or take my initial suggestion and lurk before you post so you don't look like a retard.

Oh, isn't the fallback for anyone who's lost their cool? You typed a lot for saying absolutely nothing.
>Newfag, lurk more.

>close off any form of meaningful interpersonal relations
Where exactly did you see her doing that?

>only friend is someone you get drunk with and go on autistic rants about otaku fetishes
What's wrong with doing that? It's also social, not anti-social.

>normal
Normal enough for introverted persons.

Why did she have so many umbrellas if she was living alone?

Everyone's a little bit klepto deep inside.

You just keep trying to damage control over there, newshit.

I'm anti-social and I have a handful of friends and pretend to get along with coworkers and classmates. Kobayashi's a more realistic shy person, whom, in anime, is frequently depicted more like a frightened critter.

>Where exactly did you see her doing that?
The manga.
>What's wrong with doing that?
Nothing wrong with it inherently, but if that's your only form of socialization, it's little more than shitposting on the internet. There's no emotional bond.
>Normal enough for introverted persons
A normal introvert has a circle of close friends with whom they share a deep bond. Kobayashi lacks that with Takiya; he's just a drinking buddy and a coworker.

I've got bad news for you bro.
You ain't anti-social.

so what you're telling me is that I need to get a daughter like Kanna?

She rents a new apartment after expanding her family

>eating three strawberries in one bite
FUCKING DROPPED

here come the blogs

At least he didn't say LWA, your trigger word.

>So the pigeon came to roost
>pleb
Fuck off, newfaggot.

>muh safespace

>muh deeply autistic try hard intellecual I'm so above it all insults

Nice projecting.

This shit is too subtle and emotional for the retards that need it all spelled out for them.
I wouldn't even call it deep, it's just not so in your face and self congratulatory about it.

KANNA NO!

You forgot about no pockets, or tiny pockets if there are any. I swear the purse and pant companies are in cahoots.

Never. Yuri is a degeneracy.

Post Kanna

>questioning ponytails

Kemono Friends is much better.

Where's her tail?

In her butt.

But anons told me it was even worse than IBO, a show that is painfully mediocre on its good days.

Do you have a box of yummy food laying around?

Fat thighs are a mistake.

Male homosexuality was a mistake.

>muh high test

How can anything in the last 20 years compete with a series on this level of poignant character development?

This is actually pretty weird when you think about it. Instead of making a real family and human kids she lets a dragon move in with her and then adopts a child dragon. She's basically given up on her entire species. And it's heavily implied that what drove her to this was crazy overworking. Could there be a sociopolitical message hidden here as well? Going even deeper, if we consider that dragons are mythical beings that don't actually exist in real life, then Kobayashi's perceived happiness is also therefore non-existent in a sense that it's a mere illusion. We then have a working adult rapidly approaching her expiration date that's been forced by the stagnant Japanese economy to delude herself that she is content and happy.

This is deeper than I though.

We never see how she was prior to Tooru living with her, we just get a few hints here and there. If there's character development in this series it would be most noticeable on Tooru and Iruru later on.

Kanna`s thighs are very real.

>not wanting your dragons fat