Another Sunday night without a Re:zero episode

>another Sunday night without a Re:zero episode

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!RMMXgC7Q!fO-K0x2heY0v8lzuP0n87CyKqm2G4NOMWJ8yNKQoua8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Somewhere around 50 to 100 more more Sunday nights until we get season two, so have fun waiting.

Good.

Do you honesty think we will get another season?

Good.

I can't think of a reason why we won't, so yes.

>I can't think of a reason why we won't
>total sales 68,791

Yes but how long would it take to get here?

1-2 years?

fuck off cancer

>Another sunday without a warm Ferri

this. Re:ddit zero wasn't even that good
Everything after Ep16 sucked

Show sold 10+k
LN sold 1mil in total

>Do I fit in yet?

>NEET nips love isekai shit
Wow!

The author said he would like to see it all animated, the BDs sold well, there's literally no reason they wouldn't make a season 2 after the LN ends.

Post more warm Ferri

Better than moeshit!

No, winter is almost other.

Just let this thread die already, before it's too late.

yeah, i think that is a good idea

Fuck you

I think I can safely say that I agree with you.

Soon itll be back

>not before 2018
>soon

They don't even have any plans yet, so not before 2019.

Why do people like this so much? The start was good, but the second part of the season was terrible.

It's because of faggots like you we get less truly good anime.

Stay mad.

Not mad, just genuinely surprised and kind of disappointed.

I accept your concession.

>but the second part of the season was terrible.
Well yeah. The second half was rushed, because they didn't have enough remaining episodes to do it properly. A lot of mystery, worldbuilding, and characterization was lost in the process.

Really?

>haha plebbit ecksdee
Downvoted

Second half wasn't as good, but it was still much more entertaining than most of the stuff we get.

Yeah, there's absolutely no reason it won't. I'm still near the end of Arc 4, I'll have to give my judgement until I finish Arc 6 whether or not they have the material necessary. But, people are saying they still need more, then we have to wait for the manga to catch up.

I thought it was good....

Can't wait for the day when people stop exaggerating the living hell out of their opinion towards something

You can find it inferior to the first half, you can find it not to be your thing, you can even find it bad if you actually have arguments to back it up beyond "x was bad, y was stupid", but going out of your way to call something outright terrible is just stretching things to a point of obscurity in order to prove some sort of point that you try to make here.

Then again your third sentence makes me question why I bother to actually reply to someone like that at all

If you like action and fantasy, I can see why you would like it just as much. Personally, I thought that wasn't the appeal of Re:Zero.

It's quite simple.

Look up the production committee -> look up what companies are part of it -> see what company is ranked where -> research their source of income -> look at the source of income in a perspective that gives you a sense on how good it is.

In that sense. It seems the most important thing for the sponsors involved were

TV quotas -> LN/Manga Sales -> Merchandize -> BD/DVDs

The figures for the second and last are out there and already classified as a modest success. Merchandize is hard to grasp but judging from the VARIOUS collaborations and stuff that continues to come out it must be booming. Well and for the TV quotas it was difficult, almost impossible to find out until recently the website monitoring seasonal anime quotas released their graphs for Summer

What appealed to me was the struggles of the MC and the relationships. Especially episodes 15-18, and while it was difficult to watch the MC hit rock bottom, it was his rise from those moments I enjoyed the most. I don't think people would enjoy this if they just like fantasy and combat —which I felt it even lacked.

Feels good man

That's only the beginning of second half. I believe episode 14 to 18 are the ones people loved the most. What people hate is what came after, namely the whole Whale fight.

>fantasy and combat —which I felt it even lacked.
Those aspects would become more significant from arc 5 onwards I believe.

Thank you for that, exactly how I feel. Once you look at it more from a "sekaikei" point of view you appreciate various progression a lot more.

In my opinion this is more a "Zero To Hero" story than anything and well for that you gotta shatter your protagonist to the very last bit in order to make him rebuild himself as a better person and eventually a hero.

I don't understand what bothered people about the Whale Fight. They also set it up for the next season to start with a huge impact and have chances to use flashbacks to the parts they left out of the anime—relating to Rem.
>arc5
Well, that's good if they wanted a second season to work.

>very popular and successful
>soon enough material to adapt
Why wouldn't it get another season?

>soon enough material to adapt
Not before 2018

>the release of Evangelion 3.0 was 5 years ago

Re Zero is fucking huge in Japan and in the West

You are delusional if you think there won't be a season 2

>about to make this thread
>another person already made it

Just read the goddamn novel.

Don't lie, you're not a new IP

Has a LN/Manga author ever funded an anime adaption/s2 of their work themselves?

I'm sure there are plenty of wealthy authors that got >no s2 that would like to see their work get another season.

>Jojo is first

>a life without felix is a life I dont want to live

MY BRUVAH!

Me neither...tho if I think about it, it might have been the rather abrupt change from Subaru's character study to an all out battle against a mythological creature. Maybe it would have helped if the negotiation with Crusche were a bit extended, so that the battle against the whale in itself felt more like an achievement.

About the next season. I don't know why people don't think of it but it's quite simple...Do an "Episode 0" you know like uhm...Fate UBW did an episode 0.

It would be perfect to continue from where season 1 left off. They start it with Rem's department in a way that you immediately know at what point of it starts ( like Subaru and the rest slowly fading in the distance ) then they adapt the entirety of the Itadakimasu interlude and as this one ends they could continue right where season 1 leaves off or even jump a bit ahead and make a fluent transition from Rem's last thoughts to Subaru mentioning her and Emilia going all "Who's Rem?". Then they move on to chapter 6 of the light novel as it is ( possible even show the act of suicide which is only referred to in the novels ). Episode 0 ends with Subaru crying and swearing to save Rem as Emilia hugs him from behind and the music queues.

>Me neither...tho if I think about it, it might have been the rather abrupt change from Subaru's character study to an all out battle against a mythological creature.
I don't think it's that farfetched considering the impact episode 15-18 had and the previous episodes of him continually dying. It actually seems like quite a big build up in retrospect. Especially when he was regarded as the weakest soldier with the biggest heart to rally up the soldiers.

>Maybe it would have helped if the negotiation with Crusche were a bit extended, so that the battle against the whale in itself felt more like an achievement.
He negotiated with them like several times, I think after he got a grip he already knew what exactly needed to happen.

It was admittedly very cathartic watching him get his shit back together.

Reddit:Zero was terrible and you people should fuck off

>Reddit:zero
Go back to watching your SoLs

>he says in defense of a slice of life

>Emilia hugs him from behind and the music queues.

I still have no idea why the the author or editors put that in. It seems so odd considering the situation.

You think Re:Zero is a SoL? Huh, that's funny.

>implying Re:Zero is a SoL

Probably because it'd be to one sided in terms on romantic tension? I don't know. The WN version is much better in that regard with the foreshadowing with Puck and Subaru mourning alone but who am I to complain.

Silly user Re:Zero isn't a SOL

It could have at one point been one though

Well the anime likes to break off each of the romantic interests in chapter chunks. After the Whale Fight Rem was taken out and Emilia was swapped in. They were hoping that the ending had a similar impact what Rem had in episode 15, but that didn't happen. Now it's their motivation to pick Emilia up even further, but seeing as Rem will be potato it will still be onesided. Even when they go to the Sanctuary, so the anime needs to create a balance because it's way too one sided. I'm finishing Arc 4 now, but there's too little to justify them at equals.

>similar impact what Rem had in episode 15
Meant episode 18.

Harem isekais are more SoL than battle shounen.

It was a SoL at some point

Pretty sure the only person in this series that has a harem is Regulus. Plus the focus of the series isn't on the battles.

Re:Zero is not harem you dumb fuck.

>harem
there barely is a love triangle, let alone a harem

Regulus is your average user, remember.

I wonder how they will do the Carmilla scene, if at all, to as that is the straw that breaks the camels back when it comes to romantic tension. Or any of the coma scenes for that matter, we know they removed one already in the LNs.

mega.nz/#!RMMXgC7Q!fO-K0x2heY0v8lzuP0n87CyKqm2G4NOMWJ8yNKQoua8

>new chapter in shitposter-kun's thread
I'll take it anyway

Thank you bro

See I haven't gotten up to that point yet, so I can't say. The cool thing about the anime is that it gets a ton of feedback, something that the LN's won't normally get so quickly. So, it gives them the chance to modify the story within the boundaries of the LN. I do think the coma scenes will happen, what they could do is invoke more jealousy into Emilia and have lovelier interactions with Subaru— though I'm reading summary user so I don't know how much of the language he's leaving out.

summaryanon actually translates entire chapters, what you are reading is the entire chapter itself, he got coined that nickname because of his early days and nothing more, so you're safe in that regard.

>All these mamorus from Garfield
He's going to lose really hard

>i am so contrarian!! am i fitting in?
Kill yourself

I don't think they would leave the coma scenes or Carmilla's scene. It seems the LNs are trying to do damage control due to the anime fucking up a couple of things. But I'm sure they're going to be included later on or events will shifted.

Unless they really want to go on the route of INTENSE FRIENDSHIP when it comes to Rem.

Wouldn't a few OVAs fix that problem?

Oh, good to know.
>anime fucking up things
Or they did a fucking too good of a job with Rem's scenes.

Not really, they made Rem beg to be at Subaru's side while it was Subaru who begged to be at her side, then the confessions they made. At few OVAs won't fix what they irreparably damaged during the first season. It would just make Subaru more of an idiot for not choosing the girl he got along so well with rather than showing he did actually choose that girl.

I personally didn't think they did a good job, as they removed multiple character traits of what makes Rem, Rem. Its as if they were trying to make her safe and idealized like Emilia.

We can make it three if you want Emilia.

HAFU EFU DEVIL, DEEEVIIIL!

Can we stop making threads incessantly and just make them when there's a new chapter? I like the series and want to continue discussing it but having super frequent threads ruins that.

who re zero here desu lads

Don't you get it? Some butthurt fuck keeps making these

>no re:zero
>re:zero a masterpiece?

threads because apparently Re:Zero fans hurt him really badly and broke his mind

>too good a job

No, they removed and changed really important scenes.

>Even when they go to the Sanctuary, so the anime needs to create a balance because it's way too one sided

I think the reason they've added more Emilia scenes and made her be more active and aware of Subaru's feelings in the LN is that it would somewhat hide the shallowness of Subaru and Emilia's romantic relationship and thus make the outcome of the love triangle less predictable.

well there is one