I just finished Mirai Nikki and I'm drunk as fuck, now I will rant

Yuno's story is absolutely heart-breaking. First World Yuno is physically and emotionally abused by her parents, and feels as though her life has no hope, no meaning, and no future. The abuse is severe. She is sometimes left inside of a cage and starved for such long periods she has to eat the carpet. She is eventually driven to insanity by her abusive parents, and accidently kills them. Now, with the tiny hope she had of eventually fixing things with her parents gone, she feels even more so than before that her life is meaningless.

One day, a boy named Yuki from her school, promises to marry her one day. This gives her hope again. Hope that she can one day have a bright future, be loved by someone (something she has never experienced), and be happy. She becomes completely emotionally dependent on Yuki, and her dreams of the future with him. Her love for him and that hope for the future are the only thing that keep her "sane".

Then, a God decides that her and the only person in the world she feels as though can save her from her horrible life, are in a game-to-the-death and must eventually kill each other, or witness the destruction of their world. She then proceeds to brutally murder loads of people to survive this game, and protect Yuki.

After all of the carnage, she is able to have one true moment of peace and happiness, before she pretends to commit double-suicide with Yuki, so she can become God and resurrect her beloved, and finally live in happiness with him. After that brief glimpse of happiness, she finds out she can't bring Yuki back to life, and her world comes crashing down around her.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdB15Tx3Ovg
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/Keit-Ai
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now, she inserts herself into the Second World, and immediately kills a different version of herself. Considering that before the death had even started, Yuno had already been driven crazy enough to commit patricide, I would imagine that all of the horrible acts of violence had to commit to protect Yuki only pushed her further over the edge. Combine that with having all of that be for nothing and Yuki dying, and then immediately having to kill a different version of herself, it is no wonder that Second World is considerably more violent and crazy than she was in the First World.
Then, after going through that hellish death game once, she is forced to do it AGAIN and this time it is even worse, because Yuki doesn't really fall in love with her like he did the first time until the very, very end. In fact, even though she has crossed dimensions, created new worlds, killed a different version of herself, and killed countless other people, Yuki is afraid of her, often disgusted by her, and constantly demonstrates that he doesn't trust her. And then, again, finally, at the end of the game, once they have brutally murdered everybody for a second time, she only gets one brief night of happiness before it's torn away.

I've found myself thinking about her story a lot since I finished it. Shit is tragic. Sorry for the incoherent rambling, it's 4:30 AM, I'm drunk and haven't slept, and I'm upset about Yuno, damn it. Felt good to type that out

ok user Its good to rant now and again
still a 6/10 show tho

Watch better anime.

>6/10 show
Still better than most of the trash that comes out then.

>she only gets one brief night of happiness before it's torn away
Didn't first world Yuki also die a virgin?
It's better if you get the nihilistic and antitheist point of the show.

I liked the side characters more than the main characters desu.

True, but Yuno was 10/10

I fucking loved yuno man. Watch Mirai Nikki when I was in my edgy teen phase and loved everything about and then.. I actually went out with a girl similar to yuno. Like crazy level, stalking. Hurting others and herself and all these other traits and now I fucking hate yuno cause of her fuck my ex and fuck yuno useless shit. Anime makes her look attractive but if you have a gf like her you might as well kill yourself cause shit is emotionally taxing

>Inb4 angery about my english
Relax. I was just ranting as I went on.

>using the false pretense of drunkenly disorder to justify going on a shitty rant while maintaining perfect grammar, punctuation, and spelling
ok

Not your blog
Also,
>3dpd
you brought this upon yourself.

When will it be the age of yandere? I can't even think of a single one in the past 5 years.

You're not trying hard enough.

Depends how drunk he is.

Some people aren't retarded. I know it's hard to believe on this board, but it's true.

Some people such as yourself clearly haven't actually experienced being drunk.

That's a laugh. I write for a living, and I routinely drink my weight on liquor. I can tell you from experience that my spelling and grammar don't suffer unless I'm so drunk I can't see straight, and even then it's better than most posters here. I've written short stories while blacked out before.

On. Feh. Phoneposting at the moment. Undermining my own point.

Drunk enough to think blogging is a good idea, but not drunk enough to lose coherency.

>blogposting
>Feh
Your InuYasha fanfiction doesn't count as writing for a living.

I want to fuck Yuno.

>Sad depressed as fuck
>One person makes it better
That hit pretty close to home when I finished it

It's interesting to have a character so completely fucked and it not be their fault

not even the best girl

Not blogposting, but fair enough.

Still don't get their shit taste. Minene is not perfect maybe 9/12, but Yuno is just a psycho killer with no personality shit taste 2/12 wouldn't even touch

Seriously?

Whether I'm drunk, stoned, or both, I tend to maintain proper grammar and spelling till I get to a point of just falling asleep. In English. And English isn't even my first language.

I've not seen this series, but ridiculous, over-the-top abuse of some character to make you feel for them just seems cheap and indicative of shitty writing. Reminds me of how dumb I thought Elfen Lied was when I saw it back in the day, even though everyone was ranting about it. Is this show any good or should I give it a pass since I'm not an edgy teen?

so this is nu-Sup Forums huh

It has good parts and very emotional at times and has a great soundtrack. It has some plotholes and issues and dumb characters that can be annoying to some.
There were always people here that liked Mirai Nikki.

If you thought Elfen Lied was edgy trash (which it is) you won't like Mirai Nikki either

I remember back in 2008 or so when Mirai Nikki was the hottest shit around and whenever Hox dropped in to deliver the latest chapter, the threads would be flooded.

Those were simpler times.

>pretending to have consumed alcohol and to have smoked marijuana on chinese cartoon site

it's really not difficult to type properly, only babies think being drunk maeks u type like shhshit xD

There hasn't been a more fun yandere since Yuno either.

All recent yandere are weak shit.

>babby's first shitpost

Nigger I'm 31. I've been close to having been an alcoholic, have had a month of smoking weed daily (not advisable, although not as bad as alcohol) and have tried a bunch of other shit. But what'll really fuck you is dem Chinese cartoons there, buddy. Will turn you into a bald no-life permaloser before you well and truly realize.

>making stuff up

> He thinks everyone who comes here is a teen and has no life outside of animu
I guess that would explain most threads and posts here though.

I know what you mean, op. Just got off left for dead 2, playing with a bunch of Yuno mods on. It was nice, feeling like i was with her their. Btw did anyone ever translate the Yuno audio drama?

>Yuno audio drama
What are you referring to?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdB15Tx3Ovg

This is the one I can't find a sub for. Understand a bit of it though. Thought any Yuno tags might like it, just hearing her voice. I know I did.

>6/10

kek

See the below post. There are 2 tracks, 2 parts each. I don't think its very well know. Was a real treasure when I found it.

nice

We can all agree that yuki was the worst part of MN right

Deus is the worst
>Let us decide my heir out of random 12 people

Yuki was a self insert though. That's like saying you hate yourself. And I mean yeah, the average Sup Forumsnon is probably a loser, but we still should have some love or ourselves

Yuki is a bystander who can only watch and not act, and not do what should be done just like god
He tried so hard to man up. He's so indecisive and inconsistent just like religion
So why did god think he would ever win or did he know everything from the beginning to the end, or was the world fated to end on the 28th of july regardless. The heir of god wouldn't inherit this world, he would have to create a new one. How many labours did Heracles have again and what is the main pair of the Roman pantheon?

Finally someone with good taste. Yuno is overrated as fuck desu

Kill yourself :^)

I'll have to disagree with you to me they both tie as best girl.

You mean best right?

He was more likeable and relatable when he was scared

Geez Yuki's just playing the dread game. Didn't you guys buy my seduction book?

>Yuki
More like Ucry.

>Killed many innocent people
>Being pretentious as fuck
>Only lost her eye and lived happily ever after while other participants died or suffered from 10000 years loneliness.
She is by far the worst and she doesn't deserve her life aftergame.

you just have to learn how to embrace the edge my man

A girl falls in love with a boy.

Unable to confess, she is gifted by a deus ex machina with a text message service that tells her everything the boy does. Never minding the strange area code, the girl immediately asks for information and is overjoyed to find out that if she kills a bunch of other people who also have magical phones to predict the future.

But, the next day, when she recounts the previous day's information to the boy and was about to kill everyone, he only looks at her with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the boy she is stalking is also in the possession of a magical cellphone that tells the future. In fact, he is one of the people she needs to kill. He is the boy's future counterpart, who has fallen in love with the girl's own future self, who too is madly in love with him.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to not kill each other, to murder all the other people who can tell the future. While the two chase their respective enemies, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of YANDERE.

Wait I thoigh she killed herself snd didn't fall in love with herself

Impressive, it really finds its way anywhere.

>mfw Keit-ai is just a less edgy Mirai Nikki

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

where will it end

tl;dr

Shit show and if you liked it you're literally a clinically retarded underage

2nd World Yuno died without a fighting chance. She's the real loser of it all. Plus if you think about it- 1st World Yuno wasn't exactly a virgin either when she paired up with 2nd World MC

Hey friend, Re:Zero thread is down the hall.

The show was really boring and every aspect of it simply felt basic

t. underage

Keit-ai already has a TV Tropes page, so stop posting it.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/Keit-Ai

inb4 mods

But not Yuno!

>Some people aren't retarded
Those aren't the people who watch and enjoy Mirai Nikki.

But then he backlashes right back to being a pussy, with no actual development or growth over the entire show.

>I can't even think of a single one in the past 5 years.
Yunofags, everyone.

That's just what people of his character do. They try to man up once every while but their true colour will be shown again after sometime. That's perfectly humane.

Not all newfags are Yunofags, and not all Yunofags are new trash.

Its a shame the ending still sucked ass

Which one?

all of them

It was fine until Yuno came along and did that asspull of an end.

You mean the OVA or the finale?

Bump

Why are people always so hostile against people who enjoy something they like?

This is Sup Forums - Stop Liking What I Don't Like! after all.

Anytime I drunkpost my grammar is always spot-on

She was literally too good for this world

Needed more gore, it ruins the scenes when they are all so half assed.
The yuno killing yuno scene would have been so much better if they showed the axe swung down and yuno being chopped down instead of just cutting away
The author a hack.

No. They had their "special moment", and it was right after they finished when Yuki figured out she was going to kill him again.

I was drunk, but not THAT drunk.

I didn't mind the ending too much. The Ep. 26 ending was no, but the OVA and manga endings are okay.

>imprisoned for ten... thousand years.
This really has to be retconned or chalked up to a translation error.

Believable isn't it?

I think they wanted to retain the rating to be 16+ and not 18+ to get a little bigger audience. The Manga has so far I read a few gory scrnes that weren't shown in the anime but I'm only at the part where they are fighting fifth.
I was referring to the backstory event.
Episode 26's ending is identical to the OVA. watch the aftercredit.
He wasn't imprisoned.

If you're talking about the ending. where Yuki says it has ben 10,000 years since he had left the Third World and First Yuno, then I was wondering about this too. When Yuno got her memories back from MurMur, she also got some of her First World Yuno's god power back. She does say "sorry it took me so long" when she finally arrives in Yuki's dimension. Maybe she really was traversing through time+space for 10,000 years to find Yuki's new dimension? Wouldn't surprise me.

...or read the manga

This is explained at the end of the show, as well. First World Yuki was considerably tougher and manned the fuck up when the deathgame started. Second World Yuki, the one we know, was overly-protected by Yuno from the beginning of the game, meaning it took considerably longer for him to mature. Him being such a pussy is partially Yuno's doing.

or read better manga