Only a day after the German DoD announced that the F-35 is not a preferred choice

for the Luftwaffe, but the Eurofighter or Boeing’s F-18 or F-15 as a replacement of the Tornado as a ground attack aircraft... Germany announces 5 bn smash military chopper tender between, yes, Boeing and Lockheed.

Has Trump called Merkel and complained?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515598/Launch-code-US-nuclear-weapons-easy-00000000.html
youtu.be/TQb0d7rYp9o
youtube.com/watch?v=GU084IDzD2g
youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does Stumpf even know how to use a phone?

Probably. She may still be confident that her allies in the US will oust Trump from power before too long, but she -does- have to obey the White House unconditionally.

Passing up the F-35 wasn't a snub. There is no conceivable intermediate term conflict that would make that $100 million beast a better option for Germany. Within a decade, we will see things like F-35s serving as control points for swarms of AI drones, but the Germans have no need for anything like that.

does the f35 even fly?

Germany should design their own fighter jets. German engineering is so superb they would wipe out all the competition.

Alpha and Charlie units are pretty much perfected. It's the Bloody Bravos that are sinking the entire project.

I mean, why would the Germans want an aircraft from literally the single most expensive military acquisition in US armed forces history? that's the F-35. $1.5 trillion now I believe we've sunk into it?

meanwhile the actual aircraft that are used still seem to be F-15s, F-16s, and F-18s (navy)

good ol' MIC waste

>F-35
Why the fuck would the germans want the F35?

It's an expensive mediocre-at-everything multirole aircraft.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Some dumbass bureaucrat thought "Hm wouldn't it be nice if we only had one plane" and thus the JSF program was conceived.

>Some dumbass bureaucrat thought "Hm wouldn't it be nice if we only had one plane" and thus the JSF program was conceived.
clearly it was a masterstroke of "hey if we make this aircraft all things to all people, we can basically sell this shit plane to every branch of the US armed forces and monopolize the aircraft acquisitions"

you gotta wonder what retard thought you could build a carrier-based aircraft and non-carrier aircraft on the same airframe... I wonder how much extra weight is added to all variants because of the carrier specs?

This. F-35 is too op germany doesn't really need it since their armed forces will mostly be support in any hypothetical war. Helicopters, however are absolutely necessary in any military situation and obviously they want to get the best

>does the f35 even fly?
It seems like a fine jet, but with any new design it has problems. Now we are buying used 30 year old F-18's from the aussies even though a shitload of F-35 parts are made here, it makes zero sense, but that is Trudeau for you

It's even worse than that. The STOVL version shouldn't have been part of that program at all. If they needed STOVL, which they don't, they should have spec'd it out as a completely separate platform. It would have streamlined the base program and made for a better and simpler final product.

Used to be. German engineering used to be superb.

Volkeswagen engineers are going to jail, so they got that goin' for 'em.

>but the Germans have no need for anything like that.
Because we are developing our own 6th generation fighter. But if it will be a successful project, that's a different question.

there arent many heavy lift helo to choose from in the first place

Vector control for post stall maneuvers and the computer tech necessary were developed in a Germany-USA cooperation so I think we are still superb we just don't put the amount of money in those thing anymore.

But hey, at least it has stealth.

>German engineering used to be superb.

Should have invested in this when you had the chance...

Checked those Führerdubs.
That thing would have been useless in anything but a purely defensive situation or a siege. We should have invested in the Panzerkampfwagen VII Löwe.

>should have invested in the Panzerkampfwagen VII Löwe.
or more heavy bombers that could have fucked over moscow, and london, also a nuke fitted on a V-2 would not have hurt

True, it would be vulnerable to air attacks. Also it couldn't go through most cities... but it would be impressive. Why the Löwe though? Why not start the Entwicklung series mass manufacturing?

We're still pretty good

We should have invented the nuke and drop on London

I never heard of the 'Entwicklung series??? The Löwe because the Tiger II worked pretty well in combat, it just needed a proper engine.
None of those tank projects would have helped with Allied air superiority, one of the largest mismanagements was to send so much heavy armor to the west front hoping to push the western Allies off the continent again. It could have been more useful in the east were tank battles were actually a thing.

>drop on London
Moscow could have used a few, as well as Stalingrad, these days I think a full nuclear war might be preferable to what is coming

I don't know if you looked up the Entwicklung series already, but it was meant to streamline tank production based on weight classes and roles.

Today I would drop a nuke on Berlin

Melbourne needs one.

I have and I feel retarded for not making the connection between E-Serie and Entwicklung series. I never bothered to look up what the 'E' stands for before.
Streamlining production as early as 1942 would have been better than the Löwe ofc, but dropping it for the Maus was silly.

The burgers have enough to go around, fuck their launch code was 000000000 for 30 years, maybe some autist here can fire a few off, please hit Toronto
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515598/Launch-code-US-nuclear-weapons-easy-00000000.html

Germany is shit compared to Sweden. Per capita. Germany lives off of a big home market and rigging EU regulations for their own industry.
They are worse than Jews imo.

I'm surprised that you cuck fucking faggots didnt decide on the "Progressive model" and haven't bought the "Somali" version yet

youtu.be/TQb0d7rYp9o

You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

when people had a sense of humour. i miss those days
youtube.com/watch?v=GU084IDzD2g

>worse than Jews imo
They are the jew, where the fuck do you think Hitler came from? Jews are like cigarettes, subtle at first and then very hard to get rid of. The only problem is about 60 billion fucking mudslimes need to go this time as well

>i miss those days
I as well. Watching Fawly Towers all day, I just remembered this show, it's been 10 years since I watched it, fucking hilarious before the UK went full SJW
youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0

>Beast
More like $300 million lemon.
>malfunctioning targetting system
>cannon hatch causes plane to swerve to the left
Kek, i liked the F22, but the F35 is a pile of shit.

Daily reminder this is where your development funds are going

Just think of how many migrants you could bring across the med in that.

b/c it's super advanced all in one mega zoom zoom planey thing.

everyone wants one. do you think german soyim care about costs? they're called germoney for a reason fail clown derp spittle.

now chek these repeating numbers in my avatar