Why are people so much against open borders when free immigration is the number one alleviator of poverty in the world?

Why are people so much against open borders when free immigration is the number one alleviator of poverty in the world?

Don't believe me? Here's the proof

cgdev.org/files/1425376_file_Clemens_Economics_and_Emigration_FINAL.pdf

"Eliminating the planet’s remaining trade barriers would increase global GDP by around $US100 billion.
Eliminating immigration barriers, by comparison, would as much as double world income: that is, increase global GDP by $US60 trillion.
This added wealth would be shared, but the overwhelming beneficiaries would be people who now live in poor countries."

- Lant Pritchett explains this notion in details in his book:Let Their People Come: Breaking the Policy Deadlock on International Labor Mobility.

GEM conference: youtu.be/kqyXIe5up68

Other urls found in this thread:

nber.org/papers/w19315.pdf?new_window=1
youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where do you think that money comes from?

I'd rather to be poor and live in a good country than be rich and live in a shithole like Sweden.

>GDP = Quality of life

top kike
go ask china how they're doing

>global GDP

>in the world
Have you fucking seen the rest of the world? Most of it?

>this added wealth would be shared

Needs a major proof for this right here. The vast majority of new wealth generated goes to the wealthy.

My paycheck

I work for a company that has a lot of growth potential, but the owner is a senile old lady who doesnt want to change anything as long as she can continue to live her lifestyle. Its a small company, we could all be rich. But, if we all became rich than she would have nothing to lord over us with.

current state. only way we seize power is when the old gatekeepers either die or are hung.

Because we don't give a shit about poverty in other countries its not our problem. They can take their gibmedats and shove it where the sun does not shine.

gibbe

The rest of the World is not good for our quality of life. Fuck off shlomo

Hold up, so you're saying if we flood America with third world brown people that they'll make more than $0.01 per day and the mega corporations will have more cheap labor? Wtf, I love destroying my country now.

looks fine to me.

god i love big japanese tits

There was a study in Denmark about the effects of immigration after the Yugoslav wars, Iraqi and Afghanistan war refugees. The wages of the less educated natives actually went up. Contrary, to the convential wisdom of supply and demand. The explanation was that low skilled natives gradually moved towards more complex occupations and a fraction received formal training to increase their complementarity with the manual jobs performed by non-EU immigrants.

nber.org/papers/w19315.pdf?new_window=1

we all do

>Our government's policies and actions on the rest of the world is not good for our quality of life.

Fixed.

"Increase GDP" just means loaning niggers and other shitskins, who dont even have the most basic understanding of finance, more money to spend while never being able to pay it back. They prey on their stupidity and reckless spending habits to make a quick, short term buck at the expense of the real, actual economy in the long term scheme of things.

It just pure greed from global banks and corporations. Nothing more.

I just came here for the sauce. Also, to mantain property you have to discriminate against people, that's why you don't allow immigration.

>tfw no jap gf to get milkies from

>falling for the GDP jew
If the government taxed the 99% to within an inch of their life and then gave it all to the top 1% and classed it as government spending, GDP would go through the roof.

The problem here in America is the fraud system that is certification and degree requirements for every fucking industry. Its all a money racket at the expense of real talent.

I've been considered a genius since elementary school and these dumb niggers got me cleaning toilets. LMFAO. I love it. Don't tell anyone I make 5X that trading crypto.

Am I acquiring a new fetish?

Why does it matter if I destroy a country while making money? I will just move to another country if a civil war start.

Wrong again, the cost of having a personal maid, chauffer, and home cook in indonesia is only 5000 USD a year. Easily expendable by most middle and lower middle class U.S. residents. All of this productivity would mostly benefit middle class americans. We a bear a huge opportunity cost by imposing barriers to humans that cannot maximize the utility of their labor in their home countries.

milk is for babies you hormonal faggot

>This added wealth would be shared, but the overwhelming beneficiaries would be people who now live in poor countries."
>Shared
>overwhelming beneficiaries would be people who now live in poor countries
Litreally means our standard of living will be lowered to benefit subhumans. How about they stop breeding like animals, then they might see their standards go up.

was wondering same thing, but im lactose intolerant, but i do have a theory that raw milk is better.

1. Start or purchase business with consistent revenue in America.
2. Move to Indonesia.
3. Lose your life by a Tranny

and baby want milky

OKINAWA MILKERS

I've had Chinese people tell me they have a better quality of life in china than we do in the first world.

youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
Liberals must be stopped. You are rabid rotten spoiled men who need to be put down.

They must've been from Shanghai or some other enclave.

They also said they would Nuke japan and beat the US in a war. I think they just recovered from an elevator accident.

Common Misconception, immigrants would just be performing with in their comparative advantage which is house chores, errands and hard labor, this would allow us to perform in our comparative advantage much better which is mostly service, healthcare, finance, e.t.c.

Our activities would be mutually beneficial and we would be helping each other climb the economic ladder as new immigrants get on the ladder behind us they push us up not down. Natives will especially be living off the productivity of immigrants. Right now we practically live in a feudal system with how our markets are regionally and monetarily segregated and are not allowed to reach an equillibrium

So you're basically advocating for slave labor and the continued eroding of the nuclear family by forcing women to work.

Slave labor is a smear toward people who obviously prefer and choose to live in a country that pays them for what their productivity is worth. Right now those people are slaves in their own countries because their governments don't allow the same investment freedom, regulatory freedom, business freedom, labor freedom or property rights protections.

a fucking leaf

Nani desu ka?

>poor people become illegal immigrants and nobody knows where they are
>less known poor people
>dumb statistic thinks this means free movement has caused total poverty in the world to decrease

This is a simple deductive logic problem. The Ratio of Capital investment to Individuals is comparatively higher in developed countries than in developing countries. This means that labor is in higher demand but lower supply in developed countries. In order for the price of labor to reach an equillibrium between countries, you need immigration or else companies will find a way to reach the equillibrium themselves by investing overseas in developing countries. The market will forever strive to reach this equillibrium because people in and outside of developed countries want it. Instead of stomping on the natural desires of people to cooperate and uplift each other we should just allow people to act freely and people will naturally try to maximize the utility of their labor and profits. We all become richer because of it.

China is doing better by any and all metrics than any fucking western country.

I don't think you're really though through the economic ramifications of what you're proposing. Maybe think a little more, do a little more research, and stop talking to faggots on reddit. Then come back here and peddle your shit ideas so I can laugh at your stupidity again, and repeat the cycle.

what if i told you that i dont want to pay a person to do slave-tier work that could be done by me

Just disregard all the poverty, polluted rivers, male to female ratio, etc.

Then you should be free to decline it but don't rob someone else the opportunity to employ someone for their benefit.