Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yPrdHQ9WHAY
youtube.com/watch?v=CXpuRIZzJog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>whom

>couldn't get Kate Beckinsale
>couldn't get Milla Jovovich
Just fuck my movie up famalamadingdong.

I too am excited to see how badly Hollywood rapes GitS with yet another pointless reboot.

Not really. It probably won't live up to the anime so I'm not going to bother. If it comes out and somehow has overwhelming positive reception I'll go see it.

I'm cautiously interested.

I believe ScarJo actually likes the source material (I could be wrong), but Hollywood has been an almost constant disappointment these past few years.

i am constipated

>pork in the shell

>From the director of Snow White and the Huntsman
It's going to be shit, ScarJo isn't even a factor.

>that obvious CG

God damn son.

A lot of trailers are released while films are in post-production. Hell, most blockbusters are constantly worked on until release.

Fucking jews amirite?

Why is her hair so thin and ratty?

Arise was bad enough

It's wet.

Why does that building have so many fans

That scene looks fine in the movie, because it's well animated and lighting and CG build don't really play in. But the shot in OP looks so terrible, even if it's the same background.

And what's the excuse here?

>Niggas who watch the original animated movie
>Niggas whom watch the live action adaptation
>Niggas whomst'd watch the 4Kidz dub of Stand Alone Complex

How is this related to anime?

Why was Innocence so good? I kinda didn't get it when I saw it in the theater, but I recently rewatched it and it's one of my favourite movies of all time

It's probably a lot bigger than what we can see
Those are ventilation or air conditioning fans

its a hidden flying base

It's not as wet?

yo does scarjo have a lazy eye

She's staring past the camera.

Not every english dub studio is 4kidz. The studio who did SAC did a pretty decent job.

Not my grammar.

>meh scenario
It's actually decent but gets completely ignored by the public
>good scenario
it's reviewed like a shitty videogame movie and falls out of public eyes just the same as if it were good
>nightmare scenario
ushers in a a new age of manga-to-film adaptations as well as a wave of style-over-substance cyberpunk productions, is considered a "progressive" outlook on our "grim" future because critics are bleeding extra liberalism on the review date, and mommy takes you with her to see it in the theaters because it looked like something you might like

And yet, it is still thin and ratty. Maybe they were trying to make her hair look synthetic? Either way, I'd really expect better.

Instead of watching this Sup Forums should have a get together and stream GitS.

Perfect summary of the situation.

Honestly fuck these people for even creating such possibilities.

I don't know what the fuck you're trying to say, but I'm pretty sure you deserve to be shot for it.

The joke

They were 15 years too late making this movie. Pic related would have been perfection. Don't try to tell me I'm wrong.

>ushers in a a new age of manga-to-film
why is this bad, just dont watch it if you dont like it. Its not like its success in the West will change how japan writes manga and its not like you are going to discuss them with anyone anyway

New trailer

You're wrong.

You're wrong. You're so fucking wrong.

The closest she would ever come to that was in 95, when GitS was released. They should've just tried to find a decent Asian actress instead of pushing an over-the-hill sexpot for a few extra tickets.

Then again, ScarJo's deadpan non-acting might actually work for the Major.

Looks like kino is back on the menu boys

Why are Western adaptations and "spiritual successors" (ripoffs) so shit?

I'm going to see this just for the visuals alone, but did they really need to spoil the whole plot?

An asian actress would have made a better adaptation, but it wouldn't have sold the tickets they need to give it a decent budget. It always was going to be an a-list white chick, it's just bad luck that hollywood only has two to chose from at the moment that do action. And the other is JLaw.

Because Hollywood is a risk-averse business that wants to appeal to as many people as possible.

They didn't spoint anything, if you haven't watched the series, those scenes don't mean anything to you.

>that cheesyass dialogue
I thought they could at least salvage some decent worldbuilding but noooo

Cultural context and history.

But this is a "multi cultural" film. Everyone knows that "diversity" works for nerd medias because most nerds are heavily on the liberal side and would like a film better for sticking to source materials. Hell, even comic book movies get shat on for not sticking to the source, no need to add race to the controversy, especially when Aloha made a huge shit stain impression for white washing.

The problem is that the Major's blandness is supposed to look cool and imposing. ScarJo, on the other hand, can only look pouty and vaguely confused.

>they created me but they cannot control me
That line is atrocious

Also I don't feel like Scarjo accurately portrays Major remotely.

Deluded weeaboo.

>That line is atrocious
It could also be a trailer exclusive dub.

Remember how different Rogue One was?

Never trust a trailer

>kino
Looks like you should kill yourself, Sup Forums.

Then who would you cast as Motoko?

Also pic related is my ideal Batou

youtube.com/watch?v=CXpuRIZzJog

Fucked up.

Here

I still don't get this kino meme
Is it just some made up pretentious german-or-fuck-other word for "high cinema" or something

It's a forced meme from Sup Forums. People use it unironically, which ironically, was the opposite of why it was forced in the first place.

Don't gaze at the abyss.

This actually looks pretty damn good as just a cyberpunk action sci-fi blockbuster.
It's definitely not like Ghost in the Shell, but I'm okay with it.

Some parts look really good.
I know the shelling sequence got butchered beyond belief, but eh, I'm not going to think of it as a GITS movie, but just heavily inspired

Man, you don't understand how this works at all. Hollywood isn't making this film for a niche nerd market that has already watched/read the source material, and casting an asian lead isn't going to suddenly make your cousin who majored in women's studies interested in some dumb action flick she's never heard of. This movie is being made to catch the attention of the league of marvel movie faithfuls, secondary "fans" who care more about seeing something they know than a piece of art. Accusations of white washing only help to give the movie lots of press coverage, and for an ip that most people in America have never heard of all press is good press.

It literally just means "movie theater" or "film" in German. It's like calling books "livre" and pretending you're saying something profound about their quality.

Not even: I was on Sup Forums a decade ago making the same argument, long before I started coming here.

Hollywood puts a lot of money into making big tent blockbusters and they want a good return, so they make things that appeal to the lowest common denominator: the Michael Bay Transformers series, the new Star Wars. The only time they get somewhat original is around this time when they've got nothing else to run because it's too late for Oscar nominations and Christmas movies, and too early for summer blockbusters.

It literally means cinema in Finnish.

I just moved there for work when the meme started and it was really weird cause I felt like Sup Forums was following my lifestyle.

Regardless memes are shit and memers should be purged.

The anime industry isn't even any different, you in-the-original-sense-of-the-word-weeaboo. Both hardly ever take any risks and appeal to the "lowest common denominator" in their respective countries.

It also literally means cinema is german

I didn't imply otherwise?

>ushers in a a new age of manga-to-film adaptations

Honestly this would be so awesome
Who knows, maybe hollywood could make a really good adaptation someday. Even if they didn't, we would get a bunch of dumb action shlock, and it's not like we wont still have the source material.
Plus it could get people into the source material who wouldn't have beforehand.

An overall Japanese influence on western tv/movies wouldn't be bad in the long run, we'd probably see interesting stuff down the line as a result.

because those fagots pepole say i dont wach cartoons and the same story on a movie oh that is faking awsome my conclusion :burn down hollywood

Sorry, I was making unneeded assumptions.

Sup Forums is shit. It's newfag central after they get bored of shitposting on Sup Forums, they go there to talk about Star Wars and bitch about spooky scary skeletons.

The amount of frogposters and feelsguys directly correlates to how shit a board is.

Meanwhile...

But memes have been shit way before that. I think I started seeing the downfall right about when the "for you" meme started.

It became obnoxious and they started making threads solely to post it. Ever since it's just become more and more memes and less and less discussion.

We're not helping because we're talking memes but I guess that's the subject of the thread.

>Not recognizing a thousand-yard stare

Same thing in Polish.

Retards nowadays use memes to replace casual conversation. They can only talk in templates (see Sup Forums, Sup Forums).
Also a reminder that Sup Forums used to hate greentexting and reaction faces long ago.

Baneposting is the fucking textbook definition of a forced meme.

Part of the reason I advocate for board deletion is because the rate of quality memes has dropped despite the exponential gains in board traffic. The great thing about Sup Forums was the huge amounts of crazy bouncing off each other in a creative orgy.

Your surprise boxes aren't any better.

Scarjo wasn't a good choice for playing the major. They should've chosen someone like Emily Blunt, she did a great impersonation of a strong military woman in Edge of tomorrow.

But if I recall correctly the girl from edge of tomorrow was sort of a bishoujo. But a bishoujo with abs.

So in a way they got that casting wrong too.

Emily Blunt looks too uneven in features though. She has the impression of a person from nowhere becoming someone through hard effort.

major should look unnatural like a doll.

here is the new trailer that pretty much spoils the entire plot

not a fan of the hollywood adaption meme but still interested to see how this and deathnote later this year turn out

Baneposting was funny at first
Then it became unfunny
Then it became funny again in an ironic way (i.e. the absurdity of it surviving for so many years)

Eh.

Eh.

It's just funny that someone complaining about boards being shitty has the gall to use the spoiler tags as surprise boxes, s'all.

Moot giving it his blessing and admiting to Baneposting has guaranteed it's immortality.

>3dpd
Ew.

>Moot
Literally who? I'm sorry about forcing this meme further

I live to disappoint.

It's because we're off topic and likely going to be deleted as soon as the hot pockets show.

There is something called make up.

I'm not paying to watch Hollywood completely bastardise GITS.

Not them but I disagree. At least with the spoiler stuff most of the time it's still part of the conversation but with the important word "hidden".

I wouldn't put it on the same level as retards spouting the same sentence over and over.

With spoilers you can still have a fun conversation.

So whet's the difference between whom and who ?

>the rate of quality memes
What a thoroughly embarrassing thing to post so unironically.

>Whom should be used to refer to the object of a verb or preposition. When in doubt, try this simple trick: If you can replace the word with “he”' or “'she,” use who. If you can replace it with “him” or “her,” use whom. Who should be used to refer to the subject of a sentence.

Or if you're really lazy just use who for everything. The few times that you're incorrect with who don't sound nearly as bad as when you're incorrect with whom.

>I will find him. And I will kill him.

Jesus christ I can't believe they've done this

Yeah, but I still mean it. Nothing's new any more, it just feels like people are posting the same jokes from five years ago.

Fuck, loss is still a thing. It's a fucking meta joke now.

>Baneposting was funny at first
No it wasn't. Not here anyway.

That armor design really does not look good in that shooting stance.