Shinji, the reason we don't want you to pilot an Eva is because we believe that it may trigger another impact event

>Shinji, the reason we don't want you to pilot an Eva is because we believe that it may trigger another impact event
>That's not the real Ayanami, Shinji, its a clone.

Literally everything she had to say
What the fuck, Anno? Does he really think he can write shit and get away with it because he wants an hour of homo piano scenes?

>Shinji, I was wrong. Don't pull out the spears
>Fuck you Kaworu, I'm going to do it anyway

Just think of how much tragedy could have been avoided if anyone of them had just told him what was going on. I don't blame him for leaving
"Fourteen years" and they're still making the same stupid mistakes.

>What the fuck, Anno? Does he really think he can write shit and get away with it because he wants an hour of homo piano scenes?

Yeah, it would be much better movie with a scene where Misato just casually drops those bombshells on Shinji and he calmly believes her.

Except it would be out of character for both of them.

It's a really autistic complaint.

It is the real Rei though.

>We're angry because he saved us and all of humanity from certain destruction 14 years

they weren't sure if he was the real Shinji, or some weird Zeruel-Shinji monster. They decided beforehand not to trust him with any sensitive information

Whole movie was forced drama and tension. They had over a decade to think about how they would handle him waking up and yet all these adults couldn't think to do the normal thing and just tell him what's going on? Felt so artificial. Just to get some fujoshit pandering. At least when it went gay in the anime it made sense and didn't force people out of character and make the plot stupid.

why would any of those pieces of information be considered sensitive?

>evangelion, a show where 99% of the cast were living examples of the hedgehog dilemma.
>struggling to tell people something is out of character.

3.33 was such a piece of shit, literally the only good part about the film was Rei and Shinji's disconnect which didn't really go that in depth anyway.

Those scenes were unusually long for some reason

he wiped out 90% of what was left of the human race

well, he saved all of the remaining 10% anyway

Don't compare NGE characters to the rebuild versions. That literally isn't a problem for ANYONE except Shinji in rebuilds unless you forgot the friendship shit in 2.22. 3.33 has no excuse for the cunt reasoning except forced drama.

I didn't realise that things getting fucked up would have no impact on people's perceptions.

He didn't know that would happen

That's not an excuse typically.

Why Kaworu is so manipulative in the rebuild series?.
He was not like this in NGE.

It's a good excuse when you're 14 years old and piloting an construct which capabilities and functional properties are unknown even to its designer

I didn't realize things getting fucked up meant people are going to withhold crucial information from the person directly responsible for it for absolutely no reason. And look where it got them. Another fucking impact. The whole movie was an exercise in pointlessness.

Do you actually think that if you killed 9/10 people on the whole planet that people won't react differently to you?

>Misato encouraged him to go full godmode

3.0 is an example of what happens when Anno thinks he's being smart or edgy.

I didn't like 2.0 before you start saying I'm a 2.0 defender but 3.0 was just as bad in terms of character development because it was pandering to what fans wanted at the cost of characters, while 3.0 was bad because it was stuck trying to give a message that Anno wanted to send without enough time to do so, becoming a rushed mess.

I like how everybody thinks it's Shinjis fault when there are so many others who are way more responsible for what happened eg. Gendo, Misato, Ritsuko, etc

Blaming Shinji is like blaming the mailman because there was antrax in an envelope he delivered. Hello fbi btw.

You do realise people do often do that right?

That's a thing that happens.

Why blame themselves when they can blame Shinji?

because its their job and there's no reason not to place the guilt on Gendo since he's the enemy anyway but no lets place the guilt on Shinji and alienate him so that he decides to return to his father and weaken our own position severely because despite being the commander of the remaining forces seeking to stop the final impact I'd rather just be Misato the hedgehog

Well, they can't just blame Gendo. Without Shinji, none of that would have happened.

Like Shinji would have listened anyway. He'd have ignored her and we'd just be raging at him instead.

retards do that but no successful organization benefits from placing blame on someone who can't do anything about it, at least not as long as bad publicity isn't a factor to consider. Not to mention that not being nice to someone who's arguably the most important person in the world is like sawing off the branch you're sitting on.

It was Gendo, Shinjis superior commander and father, who allowed him into the Eva in the first place. As his superior, Gendo is responsible for the actions of his subordinates. Gendo, the same guy who in 3.33 is actively fighting to trigger the final impact.

So, Shinji triggers the 3rd impact without knowing it while on a mission sanctioned by Gendo, a man who clearly knows all there's to know about the prophecy and the unofficial purpose of NERV.

He was inside the room and they could show him pictures of the current world. He would have to accept it eventually, and the fear of triggering another impact would haunt him even if clone Rei came to pick him up.

I'm hoping they get called out in the next film

I'm going to clarify just in case I wasn't clear enough

Lets say I tape a remote controlled bomb to you chest and tell you to go meet up with someone, and that I will kill you unless you do as i say.

When you meet the person I told you to meet up with, I detonate the bomb and kill you both. Now, according to your logic, I may have killed you, but it was you who killed the other person.

It's not easy for people to just not associate the triggerman with it.

counterpoint; fuck the human race

Gendo planned for everything, so everything is Gendo's fault, not Shinji's

That's not even the right analogy. The trigger is in your hands, so you are the person who killed the other person.

In Shinji's case, Gendo wasn't the one who held the trigger. Shinji triggered it himself to save Rei.

If you paid any attention to the films you would have realised before 3.0 even came out, that you are wrong.

Why would Shinji ignore Misato's warnings when she surely can also show him the damage? Whole thing was a hamfisted way to get Kaworu relevance.

You are avoiding the fucking point you dolt. If you KNOW he is dangerous but he is still capable of being reasoned with you need to inform him of what he is and what he's capable of so that the same shit does not happen again. Stop making excuses for piss poor writing.

Also, it's not like they didn't know Shinji. He was against going into the robot in the first place and telling him about it would make him not want to even step foot near any of them.

>Movie literally shows Shinji being stopped at the stage when the damage is still classed as Near 3I and not a full impact in any way shape or form
>People still believe Shinji caused 3I at the end of 2.0

>That's not even the right analogy

In what way is it wrong? I put you in a situation where you can either do as i tell you or you can die.

No one told Shinji to go full god mode, but if he hadn't then he wouldn't had been able to win. No one told him not to try to save Ayanami either, although due to their relationship it's super likely he would, something that Gendo without doubt knew.

Shinji was placed in an impossible position by Gendo and managed to get a preferable outcome. If anything, Shinji is a hero, and to have the other characters treat him in any other way is just forced drama.

This.
>2.22
>DO IT, SHINJI! DO IT!
>3.33
>whoa, you little cunt, you really did it!

You're the one acting like people should act like perfectly logical constructs.

Because in your analogy, Gendo was the one who holds the switch for the impact and he activated it on Shinji's behalf.

In the movie, however, Shinji activated the switch himself even if it were caused by Gendo's plan. Shinji pressed the trigger on the explosive and kills himself instead of Gendo pressing it for him.

In Misato's case, it's somewhat believable. It's just nasty. She didn't expect an impact to happen, she thought the little guy was just going IN and thought that was cool. Her perceptions were probably warped by the people around her. She was probably convinced over time, "NO SHINJI IS A SPITEFUL BRAT, HE DID IT ON PURPOSE."

Hahaha no.

But wasn't she opposed to impacts and anything that causes the impact is an enemy of hers? Wasn't that why she joined NERV?

Not him but to make the analogy more accurate, you need to include the fact that Shinji is unaware of any switch. There is no explosive nor any trigger visible to Shinji, it was hidden and set to activate.

Do I need to make you a trolley problem or something?

I mean, that's a valid reason too. So, there you go. She probably had a hand in convincing herself.

Because Rebuilds shit on original characters and plot in general.
I also hate how spikey Kawuguu's hair is compared to this. And chins in 3.33.

Trouble with the trolley, eh?

So how come Meguca Rebellion is generally held up fondly while 3.3 is seen as a blunder? What did the former do right that the latter did wrong?

Shinji still pulled the trigger even if he was unaware of it. Gendo cannot pull that trigger himself, that's why he placed Shinji in unit 01.

It's as if Gendo gave Shinji a gun to shoot angels with and if Shinji shoots in bursts for too long, it would cause an explosion, the explosion being the impact. Gendo had a hand in placing the mechanism but Shinji was the one who made it happen.

>She didn't expect an impact to happen, she thought the little guy was just going IN and thought that was cool.
Neither did Shinji. It's not realistic or believable that Misato would come to believe it was Shinji's fault given the fact that NERV and SEELE exist, entities who had been planning this all a long.

If you want an actual analogy, consider Shinji as a mouse going for the delicious cheese called Ayanami Blue. The mouse named Shinji or the mouse named Misato does not know what a mouse trap is. Shinji triggers the trap, a trap that Misato mouse would just as well spring herself.

The poor mouse cannot be faulted in this case for having sprung the trap, but the people who sprung the trap could - this is a fatal flaw, one of many, in 3.33's characterization.

You do realize 3.33 shits on the original characters to favor both kaworu and asuka, right?

Rebellion was simply unneeded, but Rebuild 3.33 was both unneeded and downright bad.

It didn't really downgrade anything except arguably Homura. Rebuilds are literally shitty Eva fanfiction animated.

>You do realize 3.33 shits on the original characters to favor both kaworu and asuka, right?
I don't get your point, can you rephrase it.

Both get hated quite a lot. I always liked Rebellion(in the 2nd half) but 3.33 was just bad imo.

>Shinji still pulled the trigger even if he was unaware of it. Gendo cannot pull that trigger himself, that's why he placed Shinji in unit 01.

Intellectually dishonest of you. A trap may have a trigger, and the victim may trigger it, but it is without knowing. The trap was laid by someone, and that someone was Gendo.

But let's consider your analogy:
>It's as if Gendo gave Shinji a gun to shoot angels with and if Shinji shoots in bursts for too long, it would cause an explosion, the explosion being the impact. Gendo had a hand in placing the mechanism but Shinji was the one who made it happen.

In this case, the act of placing the mechanism while also concealing the mechanism from Shinji means that Gendo is the perpetrator of the third impact.

You are acting like something as simple as explaining the situation to the person who caused the situation is some incredible mental feat when it isn't. It's simply bad writing.

Right? Finally someone who gets it.

>I don't get your point, can you rephrase it.

Well, because Kaworu doesn't have a role in the story or a realistic way to be developed in and then close with Shinji, the other characters must be eliminated. This is why Rei is irredeemably sabotaged, so that Kaworu could have his spotlight.

Rebellion is what you can logically see happening from Homura, and the worst it gets with plot contrivance is the "observation state" gimmick.

3.3 takes the Hedghog Dilemma and stretches it to an absurd, unbelievable extreme. Not to mention adds such goofy shit as exploding bomb collars.

Why didn't Misato just put on like a tranquilizing collar? Why a bomb collar? If Kawaru could remove bomb collars, why did he put it on his own neck?

Like I said, Shinji still triggered it and that was why everyone blamed him over Gendo. The person who caused it even if he didn't know about it does more harm than the person who set the trap in the first place. The trap would never go off if Shinji doesn't trigger it.

It's just hack's writing. Even if they try to portray some characters more sympathetic than the others, they can't make them less shit.

They're both cashgrabs which mangle their series' themes. Madoka is a little better because the plot makes sense except for the Incubators managing to capture an omnescient, omnipresent, and omnipotent being.

Rebellion was an honestly made film, if unnecessary. But Rebuild 3.33 wasn't, and in many ways, Rebuild itself wasn't either. 3.33 particularly overstepped it's own boundaries when it came to how much director should allow his personal self-interest to interfere with the story and the portrayal of it's characters. It is no secret that Anno is an Asuka fan, and like most Asuka fans does not like Rei very much. The best thing you'll hear Anno say about Rei is that "he feels nothing for her at all." Actual paraphrased quote there.

To sum it up, seventeen years later Anno absorbs the hatred that Asuka fans have for Rei, and include it in his new movie. This ended up spoiling the entire credibility of the film in more ways than one. There's some huge logical leaps and rewrites, poor characterization and worse just to make Anno's vision happen. It was downright a poor film, but a film some will love because they are as twisted as Anno himself.

Seriously, who thought this hairstyle looks good? Was this Sadamoto's idea?

I thought that was the whole intent for revealing Dogma like that. Like you're sympathizing with Shinji and it sounds plausible, then you see The Shit and realize he's being stupid just immediately before everybody starts calling him stupid.

>It is no secret that Anno is an Asuka fan
Shikinami ain't Asuka dude

Shikinami is a boat.

3.0 is fucking terrible and it deserves to be called out for it's bullshit.

I'm glad Eva is fucking done now and that Anno is too incompetent to even get the 4th movie out.

>Like I said, Shinji still triggered it and that was why everyone blamed him over Gendo.

That doesn't make sense user. If a person tricks someone into doing something, it's the con-man who gets arrested. Likewise with a fall. If I pushed you from a cliff, it wouldn't be my push that killed you. Nor the fall, but the impact.

Let's not be raging Asukafags who want to pin the blame on Shinji as revenge for him saving Rei and not Asuka: it wasn't Shinji's fault. Gendo, NERV and SEELE had started a world war, destroyed half the worlds population and reduced the world into a toxic mess in order to get to that point before Shinji in good faith saves the world from the Angel. The point is that Gendo set in motion a chain of events that led to this destruction.

Why is there no 3.0 doujin where Shinji goes apeshit and rapes Misato in the Wunder before awakening EVA-01 and going to smash up Nerv on his own?

>As a high ranking member of NERV, I harbor no responsibility for what happened at all, it's all because of these 14 year olds we force to fight for us.

Doesn't matter, Asuka fans accept her as Asuka and love everything about it. There's new Asuka fans. That's the point. It wasn't to recreate Asuka, it was simply to make "Asuka" an abstract attractive object for otaku and new audiences around the globe.

What are they even fighting for? The world is destroyed.

It's literally the argument for why they placed the blame on Shinji.

Lets say a group of people are walking on a road and someone triggered a landmine. Half the group died and the other half is seriously wounded. Would the people who survive think
>fuck the solider who placed the mine there
or
>fuck the guy who stepped on the mine
It's obviously the second one where they blame the guy for stepping on it and none of this would have happened if he didn't step on it.

>Asuka fans accept her as Asuka
I'm Asuka fan and Shikinami is shit.

REMINDER TO ATTACK THE SPERGING REIFAG WITH SUCH POSTS AS "NOTHING WRONG WITH REI Q" AND "FUCK OFF, REIFAG"

How out of character is it for Misato (or fucking ANYONE for that matter) to state that turning on a machine might cause the end of the world?

>you don't understand, they have a very specific and advanced kind of autism, i swear it's good writing because it panders to my depression

Don't take these characters seriously. They're poorly written because they HAVE to be. It was never supposed to make sense. 3.33 has one primary goal, and that is to deliver highly glorified presentations of Asuka and Kaworu, and a deeply scarring dismissal of Rei and everyone who likes the character.

To do that in Evangelion doesn't make sense, and that's why the characters don't make sense. Misato needs to be an evil bitch who can't communicate anything at all, and everyone else needs to be idiots. Asuka is an angry moron because it's cute and she needs to be punishing Shinji and dominate him. Kaworu only needs to be intimate and interested in Shinji coupled with some romantic symbolism, he cannot be intelligent or capable despite his alleged intelligence and knowledge, or else the whole plot fails. Gendo must be an above-it-all-villain or otherwise there will be no drive towards evil destruction. Finally, Rei must be written out and sabotaged in order for Anno to exact his revenge upon the characters and the fans.

This is why the characters don't work, they are slaves to an end. They aren't individual, well written pieces which together produce an end or a meaning. They were forced to act like retards so we could get to that specific end.

This.
Anno became a fucking hack

NOTHING WRONG WITH REI Q
FUCK OFF REIFAG

So what the fuck happened to the 3.33 we saw in the preview?

There's a difference between struggling to tell people about your inner personal feelings/having trouble getting close to them and telling them about something absolutely unpersonal and objective like "Hey. This shit right there will blow up if you touch it.".

It's like talking about weather, except it could save your fucking life, so literally anyone would do it. Omitting that isn't a wise representation of some psychological conflict, it's just horribly bad writing that some people praise due to an inflated sense of self-importance the Eva series showcases.

REI Q IS REI

No, they'd think the former. This is what happens in real life scenarios. In modern era with IED's, the driver is blameless. It would particularly happen, to expand your scenario, if we were to consider that the team members in question were cheering for him to go on forwards. If we want to add more from 2.22, we'd have to add that if the person as unlucky as to step on the land mine needed to push forwards, or else they'd all die anyway.

and really, blaming people who step on land mines? Really?

You're right, but she's hot shit. That's all that matters.

Wasn't him like Shinji 7651935713, there is a moment you stop giving a shit I guess, now, why the hell would you be working in something you hate, specially if your work is to save the world, like, if you don't giv ea shit anymore why not just let everyone die, fucking retards.

Buzz of sperg, we're actually getting discussion done here.

>be in the same car with someone you don't like
>he's driving on the wrong side of the road
>"dude watch out you're rolling on the wrong side you're gonna get us killed"
>"wow what are you, a fucking robot?"

Why does Anno do it, though? Why does he insist on taking it out on people so much?

Theres a difference between telling someone personal information about yourself/getting close to them emotionally and telling someone objective critical information that could save lives.

Yes? Because it's easier to blame someone else than yourself. Take Sup Forums mentality for instance, where everyone is a shitter except for me as an example. Blaming others is inbuilt in our system. You do get cases where people would take the blame but that is either because they had no way out or they are just kind, and none of the people in eva is that latter. Except Kaji, he may be the latter.

>Kaworu doesn't have a role in the story or a realistic way to be developed in
I wouldn't say that. He -could- have an alternative role, he's supposedly a person in his own right. But of course, then Anno would have to portray his perfect too-good-for-this-world Gary Stu with a flaw, or even have him interact with members of the cast not named Shinji or Rei. So I guess that's asking for too much. Shame, I like the concept of Kaworu but his execution leaves much to be desired.

Because Anno hates Eva fanbase filled with filthy dumb otaku who didn't get his message. Also he doesn't care about the franchise and sees it as source of income only.