Why do people hate Rebuilds?

Why do people hate Rebuilds?

Its pointless

They're pointless.

Because where it shines is also where it fails. It really does make things pretty. Very pretty. But in doing so, it eliminates some of the charm from those things as well.

Because it's not a remake.

I don't particularly hate them but i feel they are going in the wrong direction

Rebuild 1: good remake
Rebuild 2: good remake with decent new bits of story
Rebuild 3: god why

3.33 is a fucking disaster

There was no reason to redo the series

Because they're retarded, it's obviously a sequel and not a remake.

>Rebuild 2: good remake with decent new bits of story
Fucking Reifags, you're filth.

>Fucking Reifags, you're filth.
Im a Reifan, but Rebuilds are still garbage for me,

This thread is technically also a rebuild

you're not seriously trying to tell me that looks better?

It is like watching a remake of a Stanley Kubrick masterpiece, that is directed by Michael Bay.

In other words, a complete fucking trainwreck. There is absolutely nothing good about them, and Anno should have made something else.

If they all were as scene-by-scene as Eva 1.0 no one would be complaining.

>Why do people hate Rebuilds?
Gays and pianos.

Wasted potential, and ruined the chance to improve the Evangelion community. Had it taken Asuka, Rei, Shinji and Misato seriously, to the point where everyone could agree that the characters were good, or at least be equally dissatisfied, we'd have a good thing going.

Instead Anno opted to live out his fantasy of insulting Rei and glorifying Asuka on the widescreen.

Shikinami

Watered down Asuka is fine.
Mari on the other hand is utter g a r b a g e

I thought Asuka was completely insufferable in 3.33 so I don't know where this glorification thing is coming from.

I'd make out with Shinji on a piano.

Asuka on 3.33 was """"fine"""". Misato on the other hand, became an insufferable cunt, treating Shinji like garbage without even explaining what happened

Heck, the whole 3.33 was just "people never telling shinji what is going on, but complain about him anyways"

I'd still complain about the CG mechas, but way less.

Go back to /y/, Kaworu.

>Asuka
>Getting scenes

It comes from how Asuka is less insufferable in 3.33 than in NGE. In NGE she was far more weak and pathetic, in 3.33 she's been given half-angel powers and super strength. It's pretty much like reading Asuka fan revenge fiction.

>in 3.33 she's been given half-angel powers and super strength
And stops appearing ten minutes into it.
Stop with your persecution complex.

There were clues in 1.0 that it wasn't a remake, the most obvious being that they don't lie about Lilith being Adam.

She doesn't have to appear, they just have to show her being cool and strong and it'll not only satiate fans, but it will also create new ones. People will watch Rebuild and think Asuka is strong, a far cry from the original. Quit pretending Asuka wasn't treated like a princess in 3.33. They literally call her a princess, you know?

>Quit pretending Asuka wasn't treated like a princess in 3.33.
That's Rei in 2.22, the only character treated decently in 3.33 was Kaworu because he did his stuff with more than 15 minutes.

Rei in 2.22 got eaten by an Angel and then written out in the next. Asuka was strengthened a lot in 2.22, and was by the end of a film a stronger character than the original.

While Rei became the focus for a while, she was actually weaker than her original counterpart.

Yeah, the worst part about Rebuild is honestly these kinds of posts. To this day I don't know if it's just one guy or a small group of people being ironic, but it grosses me the fuck out. I never like having discussions about the Rebuild movies because it always comes back to "Poor Persecuted Ayanami". Even when you point out that while Asuka's treatment in the films was by no means better, they'll find a way to make it about glorifying her. For anyone lurking in this thread, studying board culture before posting, make note of these kind of people.

They are not to be taken seriously.

She was less insufferable in 3.33 than in NGE.
So she was glorified.
She was """"glorified"""".

It's not that odd really, 3.33 really is only explainable by it being intended to persecute Rei. I don't get why that upsets you so much.

I personally see them as fanfic and nothing else.

I don't "hate" the Rebuilds. They're a good watch, they're really pretty to look at.

Sadly, they feel like they're a dumbed down version of NGE, like something loosely set in the NGE universe but with a totally different focus.

They lack NGE's mysterious charm. They lack NGE's cruelty. They lack NGE's artistic value, depth, strength, character development and themes.

A study of board culture would rather reveal that there's always some fans that are triggered specifically by the discussion of Rebuild's negative treatment of Rei. It's simply because you, as an Asuka or Kaworu fan, do not want to believe that this mess was caused by someone who had similar or even the same intentions and interests as you in mind.

While the characters in Rebuild are laughably bad, they're bad in very different ways, and in ways that are easy to pinpoint. Asuka has been presented as a stronger and more attractive figure in all the ways that fans traditionally like. Even Hideaki Anno now has to answer questions about "why Asuka is now more popular than Rei?". Anno's response is that he's worked more with Asuka in the Rebuilds, but we all know that's sketchy since Rei still has more focus and screentime.

There really is just one thing he could mean, that he intentionally tried to make Asuka popular, and Rei unpopular.

Denying this only causes more strife. Because regardless of where you are, someone is going to not just feel, but also point out that Rei is being treated unfairly as a character. It's one of the main reasons 3.33 is disliked, and going through reviews on e.g eiga or similar sites from japanese after the movie, shows great discontent at that.

Put it this way then, if Asuka was insufferable in 3.33, she was much, much worse in NGE.

Right because a bad movie where bad things happen to Shinji is only explainable by being intended to persecute Rei Ayanami.

>A study of board culture would rather reveal that there's always some fans that are triggered specifically by the discussion of Rebuild's negative treatment of Rei. It's simply because you, as an Asuka or Kaworu fan, do not want to believe that this mess was caused by someone who had similar or even the same intentions and interests as you in mind.

You did it again.
You're fucking pathetic.

People always default on to this when they're called out on their spectacular bullshit. "Oh, so you don't believe they were persecuting Rei? You're an Asuka/Kaworu fan."

No, motherfucker.
No. Fuck you. I was rooting hard for Rei in 2.22. I'm just not a faggot.

Bullshit 3.33 was horrible

>We won't tell you why everyone in the world now hates your guts

>only bad things happened to Shinji

Wake up.

Well I'm sorry but it's more than often the case. You signal it yourself by pre-emptively showing that you take Asuka in defense here
>Even when you point out that while Asuka's treatment in the films was by no means better, they'll find a way to make it about glorifying her.

and that makes the conclusion easy to draw for everyone. True or not, it's a common theme in the "board culture" as you yourself brought up.

But again, stop focusing on the "Board culture" if you hate it so much and focus instead on what happened. Rei's character was demolished, and portrayed as a useless mom-clone, wasn't she? A damsel in distress that you get punished for saving at that.

In the meantime, Asuka has her flaws removed, is alloted super strength and numerous action scenes while walking away effectively unharmed where everyone is either dead, braindead or heart and mindbroken.

This is a drastic change from NGE.

why is everyone who likes rebuild a reifan

i hate rei but dont have i dont really support asuka either, i just like the giant robotos and angels

fuck 3.33

Ha ha, you are a cheeky motherfucker.

You have my promise, if you can show me why I'm wrong, then I'll gladly join you. I don't particularly like what I'm seeing with Evangelion, and if there was hope, I'd be all over it.

>Asuka has her flaws removed
3.33 legit made Asuka one of my least favorite characters of all time. I already didn't like her from NGE and this made it worse

>It is like watching a remake of a Stanley Kubrick masterpiece, that is directed by Michael Bay.
With the difference here than the director of the original and the remake are the very same person.

anecdotes, anecdotes....

Why do people always think their anecdotes are arguments?

>anecdotes
Your opinion is also an anecdote

The Evangelion manga is better than the TV series and rebuild.

Rebuilds are a hate letter to the fans, just like the original was.

It doens't do a single thing better than TV barring giving Kaworu actual screentime.
Also its version of EoE is crap.

Kill yourself, faggot

That's the sad part. I am so disappointed in Anno and how he has fallen. To direct such a great show, and then to get greedy and ruin it all for money. I almost would believe that he was never that good of a director, and that eva was a happy accident, but then i would have to ignore that he also made Kare-Kano and Gunbuster. And he can still make something good, Shin Gojira was an example of him still being competent, when he wants to be. I wish he had closed the book on Eva with EOE and just directed some more 26 episode shows, instead of wasting about a decade and potential talent on ruining his magnum opus.

That just makes it worse.

It isn't because I'm not talking about how I felt about these changes. You do, and you can simply make up whatever you want. But we can't make up that Rei and Asuka have been treated differently in the Rebuild series.

This is why people "default" to anecdotes when they can't rationally debate their desired view of things any more. So rather than accept the reality of the Rebuilds, we have angry people like attacking the person behind the arguments rather than the arguments themselves. It's an automatic lose for you and you can't see it.

If there was any legitimate argument that explained how Anno hasn't been attacking Rei and Rei fans with 3.33, we'd have heard it by now.

Shin Gojira is still an example of him rehashing things. He even put Evangelion music in it.

>This scene.

The movies could have become better if they had followed after the Zeruel vs 01 instead of the time skip

Anyone else getting sick of the "persecuted Rei" posting?

Damned straight. If it had continued after wards in a more reasonable way, 3.33 didn't need to be that bad.

I'm getting pretty sick of the people faking indignation and saying they're sick of ""persecuted Rei" posting". Give it a rest already, it happened and there's no use in denying it.

You and other Rei haters.

Yes
Can we do something about it?
Can we kill this poster?

Because they weren't sure he was the real Shinji.

Why not stop patting yourself on the shoulder, and instead take action to show them why they're wrong? Oh wait, you can't, because they're right and you're butthurt about it.

>Shin Gojira is still an example of him rehashing things. He even put Evangelion music in it.
He made Godzilla different and scary, the film was well directed and i loved it for the hilarious political satire it had.

Admit it. You're either an Asuka or Kaworu fan.

Scary, AND hilarious?

Why was Kaworu's whole bit so rushed in the TV series?

It should of least been a couple of episodes.

I'm a reifag. I never even made an argument against it, yet you guys just attack me anyway. You all always act so passive aggressive and never stop posting about it.

It's as if you guys have some sort of victim complex of your own and project it onto Rei.

Pretty sure saying you're "sick of it" is a directed attack against the argument. So do you agree with it or not, are you just buying yourself time and credibility?

Rei is the best Evangelion character. Anno is an old toxic piece of garbage. All his statements are illogical and he always contradicts himself. Only deluded weak-minded sheep who can't form their own point of view take him seriously these days.

>Scary, AND hilarious?
Godzilla was scary, almost like a natural disaster, but watching the incompetent and ass-kissing goverment fail to stop him was hilarious.

what the fuck does that even mean?

He was not even a last minute idea, his face has been in the opening since episode one. And notice how he doesn't show up in the TV shows last 2 episodes?

>Pretty sure saying you're "sick of it" is a directed attack against the argument
Literally how? Are you for real? Getting sick of the same people posting about it so dramatically and turning the entire thread into a shitfling is the same as disagreeing with it?

>I'm a reifag

Yep. Because if that wasn't your intention, you'd be mad at the people who do the actual shitflinging. Not something that's bound to come up in every discussion because it's true.

Nice dodging the question of whether you agree or not, by the way.

I'm not sure I even understand your point.

3.33 happened. 1.11 and 2.22 were great.

I know what you feel user. It is tough being a Reifan on this site, but never loose hope.

>otaku fans didn't get the masturbation part
How could you not get that part?
It made me disgusted of jerking off.
Horrible stuff

He was rushed and underused as fuck even tho he wasn't a last minute idea.

When i was younger, i came in my sisters morning coffe, and watched her drink it.
It's going to take a lot more than that scene, to make me feel bad.

Sick fuck

It's so convenient when the Asuka and Kaworu fans disappear, and "concerned Rei fans" appear instead. How utterly suspicious.

Protip: Everyone can tell you're putting up a show, because if you're actually concerned about trolling or flame wars, you attack the ones throwing the slurs and the rage rather than the people discussing a topic quietly.

Yeah that is strange.
To be honest at lot of Evas production seemed like a mess.

>fans though Shinji masturbating to a comatose Asuka was him "maturing" and "growing up"
What? I couldn't make an interpretation like this up if I was being paid for it. Did people really believe this?

All the statements Anno made about Rei in interviews are entirely negative. I don't know how is it not obvious for some people that he hates her.

Your posts are the root of all shit flinging. All you respond with is passive aggressiveness to only fan the flame, accusing others who disagree of just being Asuka/Kaworu fags like some bi-partisan political campaign.

I disagree with your base philosophy of characters in the series. You focus too much on the characters as if they're a sports team, how your team compares to the other, and you've lost track of the main focus of the films. You've taken the term "waifu-wars" far too seriously.

I'm not defending the writing of the films. By all means, I think every character is a glib shadow to their NGE counterpart, but to say that Anno is personally attacking you? Do you not see how extreme that sounds? What's the concrete evidence behind this spiteful Anno conspiracy beyond just the "Anno hates otaku, Anno said he liked Asuka in an interview once, so he shits on Rei in the films because he's a waifufag on Sup Forums" mental leap?

Please convince me and spare me the waifufag accusations. Honestly, I'm sincerely wanting a clear understanding.

They accented all the wrong parts of Evangelion

The focus is the Eva's, not the characters

Your life is pointless and you keep living

This is the show that resorted to using markers and reused many scenes in the final episode

4.44 when

I'm not saying any of that, and your first post is simply a lot of accusations that don't match. Red herrings that reflect none of what has been written so far. You still avoid the topic of whether or not you agree or not, but I do suppose the length you go to avoid it shows that you disagree.

You say you want an explanation, but in this thread there's several posts, only some made by me, that explain why. The basics should be known to you since you claim to have seen it so much you've tired of it.

I think I've already convinced you - convinced you so much that your only rebuke is to take on a Rei fan persona and use that as a shield, while still criticizing me for parceling people into waifu zones.

The facts are very clear user. Rei has been continuously degraded by Anno with his new studio, whilst the characters he likes have been greatly upgraded. Do you agree with this or not?

READ THE MANGA FUCKING RETARDS

Eh anime>manga

Although I did like Kaji backstory

Manga was great, if only because I'm an enormous Reifag.

Manga sucked due to the ending.

>"Anno hates otaku, Anno said he liked Asuka in an interview once, so he shits on Rei in the films because he's a waifufag on Sup Forums"
In all the interviews that feature Anno talking about Rei he always tells about how he doesn't care about her, about how she is "not strong" compared to Asuka and Misato, and the like. All these statements sound incredibly absurd for me. It seems Anno thinks that only cunty females are "strong". He thinks that bitchiness is strength/personality, which is really amusing.

And I'm not even the guy you're trying to argue with, but I agree with everything he said about this topic.

The manga did literally everything better
The ending was better,the characters acted more like human beings,you could understand easier what they were thinking and all characters were expanded further
Also no "still" shots like the anine where literally fucking nothing is happening.
Even fucking Rei had an actual personality and toughts,FUCKING REI AYANAMI

>The ending was better,
HAHAHHA n.