User and his Waifu: V/a/lentine’s 2017

I hope that you are having a wonderful year so far faggots. It’s already V/a/lentine’s in China, so let’s get this shit started. The collage will be made by me, and the video will be a certain special someone back from the dead.

A few guidelines:
-Have your submission be 4:3 ratio (not doing so will make it harder for me and make your submission look shittier).
-Your submission should be about your waifu. Nothing more. Nothing less.
-Also, put some effort in your submission, please. Your waifu would like to be presentable, you know? Treat her like the special girl she is.
-Have fun!

Deadline will be sometime during the morning of the 15th. Let’s just say something like February 15th 3 AM PST for now. But you shouldn't wait until last minute anyways, right user?

Ganbatte my lovely anons; I expect good things from you. And always remember, your waifu is beautiful!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IMUwhLXY6U0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks for the work man. I hope we'll have good submissions this year as well.

Don't know I'll be able to do my shrine this year, but I hope you all have a great time.

No thanks, I don't have brain damage.

Where do you think you are?

No thanks, I don't have brain damage.

I hope all you anons have a wonderful day with your waifu.

Did Tama user already posted his?

Damn that's sad af

Nigga this some gay ass sh*t

Normalfags please go back to your containment Jojo general and Kuzu no Honkai threads.

make us nerd face

Thanks for giving me extra time with him, I get home pretty late tomorrow anyways

Never forgetti.

>Jojo general
Cancer they may be, normalfags they are not.

How do I make my monitor screen less blue? I have f.lux already but it still looks pretty ass on the photo

Get better taste in having a better waifu then.

Set your white balance on your camera.

Man, I wish the camera in my phone wasn't so crap. I set up a humble, but a nice scene, but the photos are sort of low quality.

Akari likes Spanish brandy!

What if my waifu is 3D? Any special rules of conduct?

>and the video will be by a certain special someone
So it's not Jebus this year?

I keep hearing about him, what did he do?

Thank you again for this year Valentine'sfag!

Akari and I wish everyone and their beloved a very good time and lot of love!

Since I was unable to move today or tomorrow, I went out by bus Sunday in an area behind the mountain called Grand anse, it was a very beautiful day too, and the tourists gave me a weird look sitting there with my beloved's figurine with me but it was such a good time.

Once again, I wish and hope everyone a good time!

Videos.

If your waifu is from a game or something, it's probably fine as long as it's from nippon. If there's an anime, even better.

Might want to kill yourself before sending it then

Collage videos. He was supposed to do the exchange too but who knows what happened to that.

Nice pic, but is that cursor supposed to be there?

Most important thing: take LOTS of photos. Do several for each way you light things, and try lighting it in many different ways. It's really tough to see how a picture will turn out before you take it. There's a reason you see professionals take photos rapidfire.

As for lighting: start by turning on all the lights you can (unless you're using candlelight). If you don't have enough lights, take some from elsewhere. Turn your monitor onto the lowest brightness setting. Then start adjusting both (while taking pictures) until the brightness of the monitor meets the brightness of your room. How can you tell when they're matched? By looking at the finished photos. That's why you take a ton of them.

After you take all the pictures, load them onto your computer without cleaning up. If you find one you like, roll with it. If not, get ready to keep taking pictures.

Does this sound like a lot of work? Good. Worthwhile shit is rarely easy. Oh, and try taking the picture from lots of different angles, too. It can only help in your final selection. During selection, elimination is probably the best way to do shit.

Hope that helps.

Some others advice by a kind user:

Turn your monitor onto the lowest brightness setting.
or use a polarization filter if you have one. Although if you do I probably don't need to tell you this.

- if you use a phone camera try some app that lets you set settings manually, especially exposure times and ISO values, this can help removing grain
- if you use a camera that has an USB port then tether it and use remote operation software if available
- don't use the flash.
- candle light or indirect incandescent helps for warmer color tones
- look for reflections of your light source on the monitor and see if you can place them differently or adjust the monitor angles

And tripod / some steady rest are important for low light conditions/long exposure times.

One could just cover up a lamp in the room behind some paper for some ambient light to go along with the candle. Better than no ambient and the candle drowning out the picture.
Just be careful to keep any covers fairly far from the bulb, especially if it's a hot-burning lamp (such halogen) or it could start a fire.

Oh dear, nice catch user, let me fix this!

Then why are repeating the same things? Checkmate faggot.

>>Turn your monitor onto the lowest brightness setting
Huh, would be useful to know a bit earlier. I already cleaned up.

Maybe I can employ some photoshop gypsy magic to fix that though.

I hope you all have a splendid day with your waifu.I wasn't able to participate this time due to not having a currently working phone but nice to see how caring other anons are.

Keep well, Yomikobro.

It's still an hour to go until it hits in my timezone, but hey, might as well.
Thanks for doing this again this year. I don't really go to waifu threads but this event is well-worth participating in. I hope everyone's enjoying their time with their beloved.
It's a shame my precious Sayo has no real merch to speak of, but at least I have this self-designed glassescloth.

Here we go, sorry about that!

Thank you for noticing, user.

>two timing his waifu with a horse

What has this world come to?

I always crack up when I see this

What a piece of shit.

>Your submission should be about your waifu. Nothing more. Nothing less
What else could people possibly try to make this about?

>writing her name in coins
Cute.

creative!

>posting invisible waifu
Just kidding user, cute!

Second Batoru Year! Happy V-day everyone!

Time is constrained right now, so I can't wait for the day of Valentine's itself. It’s only been three years, but my dear Neptune is still as amazing as the first time I saw her. Handmade cheesecake and purin for the sweetest girl.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time with their own beloved this year!

Happy valentines, everybody!

did the christmas collage ever get a video?

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone on the other side of the world. Still 13+ hours to go for me. Hope you all spend the day with your waifus and have a good time.

youtube.com/watch?v=IMUwhLXY6U0
Just this for now, apparently he's working on one with all the pictures though.

Sorry if the lighting is a bit too much, spent a lot of time baking and this is the best shot I got.

I love the brass instrument, whatever the fuck it's name was. Although you should do a retake to make this 4:3 if you still can.

I'll see what I can do if you give me a minute. Had a feeling I screwed something up

I arranged mine nicely, hoping that I'll just crop out the sides, but now it seems like I won't fit.

You're a big (fat) guy.

How many rows are we going to loose this year

Hopefully all of them.

What does that mean?

Unlikely I'll be able to take a photo this year. Being midweek, my house is busy and people ask questions about everything. We'll see. I'll probably feel really guilty and end up doing something anyway.

do it in the bathroom

>thinking someone would eat a whole batch

Reminder that waifufaggotry is a disease

It only took 5 weeks for Kuzu No Honkai to destroy years of normalfag bashing.
Really makes you think.

Reminder that there's literally nothing wrong with having more than one waifu.

Those who have more than 1 waifu doesn't know what having a real waifu is like.

Holy shit, how'd I not see this last year?

Bashing normalfags was always a dumb concept. Are you so fucking bitter that you have to demonize people with normal lives just because yours sucks?

that's a nice setup

Each year a few anond lose their lives to suduko or normalfaggotry. At the same time each year, a handful of newfags take a screenshot of their seasonal waifu (probably ren or megumi this year) and put no effort into their shit picture then complain for a few threads about why they arnt in making actual good contributors kill themselves or turn to normalfaggotry.

Its a sad cycle.

So far so good at least, everyones looking great!

But bashing people that are outside of being normal is okay, as long as you're normal yourself?

Second try hope I got the cropping right, away right now so can't take any more photos with Euph but if needed I can make a simple one with my phone.

I didn't say that, I'm just a neutral observer.

It was never dumb. It's done because normalfags have all the rest of the internet to be who they are. You'll notice that Sup Forums doesn't talk about them unless they bring themselves up.

I think people need to start taking this as satire for the most part or just see it as something people do as fun to celebrate. No reason jumping on people you know nothing about trying to enjoy a holiday best they can.

>satire
kys.

You can't deny that there are always some submissions that are obviously not serious

Isn't that apart of the fun of it? These collages have never been 100% serious and will never be serious. It's always been probably 70% serious and 30% troll pics and seasonal fags.

There's a difference between people having fun with their waifu and people making fun of waifus in general.

The concept deteriorated to the point where people get labeled "normalfags" just for having different opinions that don't follow the board's norm

>implying a Hikki-NEET life is worse than being a wageslave and raising your wife's son

Here's to another happy Valentine's, anons.

Considering I had to turn to her mobage for this one, it might be that I'm beginning to run out of suitable art.

>guy who never held a job or had a relationship talking about things he doesn't understand

Hope this is good enough. This is my first time, but I'm not seasonal.

That's what I'm trying to say, people who think it is only one or the other don't get the whole picture be it either the people who hate stuff like this or are serious about their waifus. Let's just enjoy ourselves

That's not what the complaints about normalfags are, retard. You're on a fucking chink cartoon image board, you're expected to talk about anime and manga, not your boring life no one gives a shit about.

>working is so great, guys! I love wasting 8 hours of my day every day!

Just take a look at Jebus' videos. A good chunk of the pictures aren't serious and some are actually funny

Those who don't work, don't eat. Mommy and daddy aren't gonna be paying your bills forever

Nice, hope you come back till Christmas

First of all, sorry for the iPad. My imouto broke my laptop and this was all I had. I tried with photoshop, but my skills with it are shit.

Sorry for this Sasaki, I hope you liked the walk by the sea...

Happy V/a/lentine anons! Hope you had a wonderful day with your loved one.

But when you waste 8 hours of your life every day, you can buy merch of your waifu or commission stuff. Look at Akarifag, for example.

also did this

That's how it should be, it is always better when you have a contrast between the two.

Yet someone talking shit about waifuism is enough to label them a normalfag, as seen in

Is that an ARIA scarf?

>Hope you had a wonderful day with your loved one.
It's not even 14 in the most of the world... Anyway, cute waifu, great setup.

Simple but the lighting works wonders, reminds me I should probably finish my bottle before tomorrow

Yes. Handmade. I have used it in every Valentines.
Welp, that's true. Sorry.

Lucky you!
Why not making a Haruhi themed one tho since Sasaki is from there if I recall correctly?

Pretty sure he got that from /ss/, which means he didn't make it himself.