So many great and well loved manga out there, that don't have adaptations

>So many great and well loved manga out there, that don't have adaptations.
>Fuck it, we are only making sequels, LN, VN adaptations, Isekai and moeshit.
Those fuckers are never gonna find oil, if they always play it safe and dont even try to dig.

>Great manga
>Battle Royale

>Liar Game

Cry more, faggot.

Forget 20th Century Boys, I want Pluto.
What's wrong with Battle Royale? It expands on the book nicely and makes Kiriyama an even more ridiculously over-the-top terminator.

meant for OP desu

But moeshit is better written than those garbage.

>great manga
>shit endings

I'll never understand why a anime of Vagabond, Battle Royale, Liar Game, Vinland saga and Gunnm(that shit 2 episode ova doesn't count) don't exist.

The Chart says they wouldn't make money.

>Chart
What?

Also, Vagabond and Battle Royale are based on some of the most famous Japanese works, I doubt it wouldn't make money.

>What?
It's a Nostalgia Critic joke, it's funny because it's true. The idea is that the studios have people with charts that explain what "people" want because focus groups, and of course they're not true and only result in bland shit being made.

Become a billionaire and force the Japanese to start making anime for the western audience. That simple.

>liar game
>battle royale
>20th century boys
>great
Yeah right, I'll go eat my moeshit, it can't be worse than that.

three of them got movies though

Battle royale is great.

THAT SAID, it's would be a pretty terrible anime adaption due to constant censorship, and that's if it followed the manga 1:1, which it should...Minus the retarded Ki battle.

Those literally all got adaptations.

They just didn't get adapted as cartoons for manchildren.

Why would get censored? Remember that things like Elfen Lied and Gantz exist.

EL WAS censored

>Thread could have been about people posting about manga they want adaptation of
>It's full of bait and contrarians as usual

You brought up anime that were released over ten years ago as a counterpoint to modern censorship.

Where? I don't remember any censorship in EL.
Mirai Nikki then.

Parasyte.

Not only is that still six years ago, Mirai Nikki was -also- censored.

Fuck Gunnm, I want an Aqua Knight OVA

Various deaths in EL used both bright blinding light, and dark shadows to censor gore, notably the decapitations.

Tastefully censored.

>Six years ago
So? The meme law that people on Sup Forums love to quote was already going on

>censored
Show me where it was censored.
I find this funny because there's plenty of decapitations in EL. What you're describing seems more like an aesthetic choice than anything else.

I would honestly watch an anime just to see secondaries lose their minds at this madman and his plot armor.

That really doesn't count.

Where's my fucking faithful anime adaptation with top art and a good studio?

Stop talking like you don't know what people are talking about, faggot. That's cringe as fuck

I wouldn't consider censorship that barely affects the final product.

>Minus the retarded Ki battle.

THEY EITHER ADAPT EVERYTHING OR THEY DON'T user

Battle Royale, Liar Game and 20th Century Boys wouldn't really gain much from an adaptation.

7 Seeds on the other hand would gain quite a bit with a nicer artstyle and the backgrounds to flesh out its setting.

This. No one wants to see nips trying to act. They should just stick to anime, which is what they are good at.

Just having good voice actors, plus OST and animated scenes is already reason enough to adapt something, unless said something would actually lose its essence from being adapted.

Don't know about that confessions had superb acting. They can if they try.

The point of this thread is that there are loads and loads of manga out there with great stories that would make fine anime, but they keep making shit, because they are afraid to take risks.

>7seeds, Vagabond, Dragon Head, Punpun, A Distant Neighborhood, Solanin, Hi No Tori adaptations
that would be so based

There's actually very good anime being made every year. Well, or at least It used to be until two or three years ago, I have been struggling to find truly good anime since 2015.

I want Eden to get an anime adaptation with music by Kenji Kawai.

Do you think a adaptation would work?

>no Vinland Saga adaptation yet
What the fuck? Literally everyone loved Planetes.

That series is fucking legit but considering serialization has ended I doubt we'll ever see it animated.

Remember that Parasyte was adapted after almost 2 decades and we got a 2 season of Mushishi. Also, FMP 3 season

Don't lose hope.

An anime would be quite entertaining I reckon.

Liar Game and 20CB fell apart hard, and Oldboy already has a movie that's much better than the manga, there's pretty much no reason to adapt that. Battle Royale is okay, I guess.

Anyway, another day, another "Why do people make things I don't like" thread.

I honestly don't think 7Seeds' pacing/structure would work in televised format (anime or live-action). The first like ten volumes are devoted to introductory/flashback arcs, that'd be hell at the slower pace of watching compared to reading.

Who cares? Why do they need to be animated if they're great at being manga? Adaptations can be fruitful, but I don't understand the entitled attitude or the lack of satisfaction.

That's also true I suppose. I guess I'll keep waiting.
What studio do you think would be best for it? I was thinking SHAFT would make excellent use of all the imagery present in that book.

Because Berserk 2016 was great, right?

How the fuck do people unironically love 20th cb?
The first arc was superb, the 2nd one was tolerable, but what the fuck was that 3rd one?
GUGUGUGULALALALAfuckyourself, my man.

The first 2 arcs were so good and comfy to read you just forget the clusterfuck that was Friend's Era

>Hi No Tori adaptations
user.

Madhouse or Shaft. I guess something like Production I.G, White Fox and A-1 would be fine too.

?????

Mirai Nikki wasn't censored I think. The characters are just dumber in the show.

This is such a piece of shit that i hope it will never gets an adaptation.

>wahh why this old manga doesn't get anime adaptation
>wahh this manga that got adapted to anime is shit, read the manga
Fuck manga. Anime needs more original works.

>Old Boy movie

>he doesn't like Chan-wook's Oldboy

But user they already found the oil and its called isekai.

Hoping for more isekai LN adaptions after Youjo, but I think only the mecha one and Death March got announced.

Top pleb

Listening to korean alone would already make the movie shit, but the thing is that manga/anime narrative transported to live action ALWAYS becomes shit.