World Masterpiece Theater / Meisaku

What's your excuse for not having seen most of the series in this picture, Sup Forums?
Lay off the seasonal shit for a while and watch some classics.

I have never heard of any of them before

No excuses, I have, and more than half must be in Meh tier.

>Anne in the top
As it should be

>Anne of Green Gables
Cute girl doing cute things

Because there's no reason to watch simplified, poorly translated Japanese versions of Western stories when I can just read the originals

Surprised nobody did a better version of the subs for the 720p version yet.

Besides them being some of the best anime ever made.

Says more about how shit anime is than how good WMT is

Stop being retarded. Every series directed by Takahata was better than the original novel.
Dezaki's take on Treasure Island is absolutely interesting and worth watching. Etc.

People who haven't seen the classic WMT's but claim to be really into anime are like people who claim to be "film buffs" whos favourites are things like Pulp Fiction and Godfather.

I blame americans that missed out on practically everything before the nineties.

They're literal children cartoons, downright to the budget and artstyle

They had budgets way beyond any other television anime at the time, idiot.
Compare Anne to any other series from the seventies.

You don't know what having a budget entails, but there's no reason talking to deluded Miyazaki/EVA fangays

>Etc
There is no "etc", the only ones worth watching are what you listed. The rest are shit adaptations.

In terms of backgrounds and animation Anne is better than your average modern seasonal show with regards to quality of art and amount of movement. There just isn't any flashy action scenes so people without an eye for the subtleties of character animation think there isn't any animation at all when half of what is expressed through gesture in Anne would just be a static character in a modern show. The backgrounds too are underappreciated because people expect a hyper realistic photo filter style and think of that as the gold standard when Anne is leagues ahead of that in artistry.

It's factually true though. These were some of the most successful anime ever aired on Japanese television. They would have been raking in advertising bucks and getting money thrown at them.

It's factually true my dick is more effeminate than your pussy.

I think a WMT Anne Frank would looks great in this animation style.

The Anne no Nikki film from Madhouse in the 90s is already pretty much that.

I had watched most of those by the time I was ten simply by virtue of being born in Italy.

Io no perchè pensavo fossero cartoni da femmine.

A Little Princess is also better, Little Women is better, Tom Story is such a loose adaption that the issue doesn't even exist.
I'd be curious to know how many of those novels you even read. For the most part they're not even close to being literary masterpieces, and some of the best artists that the japanese animation has ever seen could certainly do them justice.

What is WMT?

Never mind this i found it