Why are most recent anime mc's so bland, both in looks and personality wise?

Why are most recent anime mc's so bland, both in looks and personality wise?

They are literally the same person with few minor cosmetic differences and one additional personality quirk.

Just goes to show that older characters with more interesting design are always better.

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/animelist/legatoredwinters?status=2
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/legatoredwinters/
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/nicklasvegas/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>recent
>some are decades old

You have autism.

Well, fuck the recent part then.

Still the exact same guy.

Yes, as we can see, these two recent protagonists from your image look the exact same.

I know, right? These recent characters are literally identical.

well, i added the females in there as an extra group.

That's true, all the males are identical and contemporary.

>Takumi
>Kamille
A lot of the MCs in your image are nothing special, but you really found these two bland personality wise?

Maybe anime isn't the medium for you.

>implying he watched those
He tried to make it an old-vs-new thing while having a bunch of 80s mech MCs there. He pretty clearly just scraped some random shit together to shitpost with minimum effort.

>>Takumi
Who are we talking about here? The initial-d takumi in not here, and i dont remember most of their names anyway.
>>Kamille
He was like every other gundam pilot, he didn't do anything special. Just a boy defined by angst.

myanimelist.net/animelist/legatoredwinters?status=2
You are wrong.

I see what you did there.

because human faces don't vary that much

The average protagonist is designed to be an everyman. They're not exactly the same but they'll function similarly.

I fucking remember you.
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/legatoredwinters/
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/nicklasvegas/
Fuck off already, you cancerous piece of shit.

>Estonia
Oh, it's the weeaboo shitposter from Sup Forums.

Yet all of these characters have unique designs and actual personalities, instead of being the same, 13-18 year old, asexual, stupid, snarky, insanely heroic and bland, cardboard cutouts.

>Just goes to show that older (age wise) characters with more interesting design are always better.

>has tons of young characters

>older (age wise)
Half the people on that chart are 13-18 or younger, you goddamn nigger. Fuck off, already.

Why the fuck is Tomoya on the second one? He and Yukito look way more similar than 90% of the people on the generic chart.

Even in season 1, he is kind of an ass, but generous and helpful, he hates his father so much that he leaves him, then he grows out of school, and tries to become a responsible adult. gets a job, starts a family and then turns into a drunken looser and a terrible father. Then comes back from that and starts acting like a dad, while making up with his own dad.
He started out as the bland harem mc, but evolved past that. He is like only one of those characters who is passable.

>"recent" MCs are almost all from shows that are 5-35 years old
>"older (age wise)" MC list has tons of highschoolers and recent stuff
All you've proved with these charts is that some MCs are generic and some aren't. And that you're retarded.

>Describing his role or actions in the story.
That's not what character is.

I think he was trying to say that self insert characters are all bland lookalikes, while non self insert characters are good. In other words, he was trying to make an argument against the self insert mc's.

>fucking ryuko of all characters
i'm out

Wouldn't it make sense of 'self-inserts' to be generic?

If he was trying to say that, he failed pretty spectacularly, because that's not what he actually said at all. "Self insert characters are all bland lookalikes" seems pretty pointless, too, because as far as I can tell "bland, generic and personality-less" is literally the definition of a self-insert - if a character is like that, people call it a self-insert, and if it isn't, they don't.

Who needs personality, when you got that ass?