ITT: Shonen asspull powerups

ITT: Shonen asspull powerups

All battle tendency

>You're now a Demon Yusuke

I can see how this is an ass pull.

But on the other hand couldn't you show that its more of Gon being driven mad by grief and choosing a power which is going to kill him/leave him permanently disabled

>i can do anything better than anyone because my eyes changed color

Why couldnt togashi just focus on giving Leorio a single useful technique?

>him

He was too busy making Ging Stu steal Leorio's technique after seeing it once.

Star Platinum: The World.

>Trained 2 years under Rayleight, Gol Roger first mate
>OMG GOD GEAR 4? WHAT AN ASSPULL
2/10 bait friend

???

To be fair, this is "Asspulls: The Animation" so if you got that far into the show you shouldn't have been surprised.

i'm really satisfied i dropped this shit

It made sense to me. Jotaro figured that, since The World had the same powers as Star Platinum, then they might be the same type of stand and he might have The World's powers too.

Jotaro being able to fucking fly, now THAT was an asspull.

>years later hasn't been explained or even done again

Wasn't just Zoro moving fast as hell while keeping his strong arm technique? He literally just went hayai.

I don't know. It's pretty much the natural conclusion of the vows and limitations concept.

Now Killua getting infinite free wishes by being nice to his sister? Now that's a fucking asspull.

>character introduced as a plot device to grant any wish
>wisher pays a price equal to the previous wish
>last wish was massive
>surely Killua will have to give up something important to save his friends life
>nah Killua you cool
>never heard from character again
I'm sure there was a turning point earlier but this made HxH unreadable for me

Yeah HxH feels like a decent story with the occasional giant pile of dog poo

Alluka will maybe be relevant again in the Dark Continent, but yeah that part was complete garbage.

They could've even done something cheap like making the wish and then permanently sealing the power somehow. At least that has something resembling a consequence.

every single transformation in dbz

I'm a huge OnePissfag and I'll admit this one is too true. I'm still holding out hope that he's a literal Oni from Wano Kuni or something. I think we will get more backstory about Zoro in Wano Kuni. Just like how we did with Sanji. We don't know everything about Zoro's past before he went dojo hunting.

You guys are forgetting
>well i'm out of ideas to make the characters stronger
>let's rip off DBZ gimmick of people getting stronger by near death experiences

And
>I'm so out of ideas, so Gon is not a freak of nature anymore but the son of the Hokage, Jesus Christ and Santa Claus

This makes perfect sense though
Jotaro was always known that Star Platinum could make things instantly appear. SP did that in the first scene with Joseph and it did it with D'Arby. Star Platinum could always stop time, but Jotaro just was never aware of the fact that it could. Once he finds out that Dio can stop time, he puts two and two together and gets Star Platinum: The World.

I still waiting for Kuina to reappear, I bet they lied to Zoro to keep her away from him and she's been training all this time doing... well I haven't think in that one but hey, Sabo was alive so fuck it.

Also The World is just all the Joestar Stands at once. See Dio using Hermit Purple on a crystal ball. Josuke's Stand wouldn't have helped under any circumstance and Jolyne wasn't born yet.

Let's see biggest ass pull!! >>>> Gon vs Pitou >>>> Ichigo vs Aizen >>>>>> Nardo vs Madara I can't stand how over power Yusuke was damn.!!

Nah I'd like if Zoro remained a regular old joe who just stumbled through life because he forgot his way back to the dojo. Not everyone needs a grandiose backstory, just look at Rayleigh. I'd be much more impactful if he became the worlds strongest swordsman through sheer effort and determination instead of "muh demon genes".

I have no idea what your talking about with the first one. As for the second one, they've been hyping up Ging as hot shit since forever.

>one stand per user

>I bet they lied
>a talented swordsman died falling down the stairs holding an unsheathed sword right after speaking against her fathers beliefs

I agree with you but Oda already put us into 'muh demon' shit when he wrote in his fight in CP9. Don't know why the hell he went int he direction of 'supernatural' instead of sticking to his 'breath of all things' talk. His fight with Daz Bones was probably his best fight in the series, Thriller Bark a close second.

No, it isn't. Dio was using Jonathan's Stand, which is called Hermit Purple as well(or The Passion.) to track the location of his enemies. However, he didn't have full control of The Passion which is why he did not use it often(it warned the Jojo's of Dio's return after all.) Also it is completely useless for DIO.

And it was great

Gon is indeed a male.

Not really an asspull. It's an technique unique to his abilities that he learned while training nonstop for months. I don't see what's so hard to understand, especially when Ichigo had literally only got Bankai REALLY recently and hadn't fully developed it yet.

I mean seriously, it'd like saying that all of the abilities of Yamamoto's bankai are asspulls. I wonder how long it took that old dude to develop them.

Now THAT'S an asspull.

Trunks vs Zamasu

No you fucking moron, Ging being THE HOT SHIT have been the premise since the beginning, there is no problem in that, all the built up to the moment of the reunion was perfectly done and made sense, he have live so many experiences that we can't even start to imagine yet, he being THE HOT SHIT, is perfectly reasonable, the problem is now that nothing of that matters anymore, now the Uchihas, ahem, the Freecs are some kind of bloodline of super humans that are as ancient as the world they live in. And
>he doesn't know about OH MY RUBBER NEN
I have the feeling I might be talking with an animefag.

I don't think Togashi has the strength of will to write down a Chimera Ant sized arc on that fucking ship at this point.

I know Don Freecs was a badass too, but I don't recall them elaborating much beyond that on the Freecs bloodline.

Also did Hisoka actually get stronger from dying? I thought they just used the old "nen lingers after death" thing to explain how he managed to revive.

Christ, it's been so long my memory is fuzzy. What the fuck does Togashi do with all this free time?

I really wish you may be wrong

So far this arc is great, they didnt even land yet and things are already cool

Every Ichigo fight in Bleach

Not the other guy, but while indeed Final Getsuga was not an asspull (especially since it might as well have been more hinting at Quincy powers as a Letz Stil) the way Ichigo conveniently gets it is fucking contrived as shit. Isshin CONVENIENTLY having special tools to stop the cleaner from coming back so Ichigo could go spend the time learning it was absolute horse shit.

Kisuke can predict numerous variables, one of which was likely "Aizen destroys the cleaner to test his new power".

That Ging and Gon are both descendants of a guy that discovered the secret of immortality doesn't mean that their bloodline is magical or something like that. I sincerely hope Don is a zombie that learnt to harness the power of the disease without going mad.

Yeah that was pretty ridiculous. Togashi at least made the narration entertaining, but if you stop to think about it, it's pretty weak a lot of times. For example, with Alluka's ark the conflict among the Zaoldyck family was interesting to watch, specially with every character (even the servants) trying to pull off different objectives. The Chairman Election happening at the same time only made it better.

It's a plot twist you moron, not an asspull. It can't be an asspull whereas it was explained 2 minutes later

Everything is an asspull. This thread is an asspull. See how much fun the internet is?

>let's rip off DBZ gimmick of people getting stronger by near death experiences

Literally introduced since Yorknew, retard.

>I'm so out of ideas, so Gon is not a freak of nature anymore but the son of the Hokage, Jesus Christ and Santa Claus
Don Freecs is just an ancestor who happened to travel to the DC and most likely got his hands on the Nitrograin, he's not a fucking God

No he didn't get stronger, he used the "nen after death" rule to revive himself, but the retard didn't understand it

I pulled out of your mom's ass

Well you're underage so I don't believe you

So does HxH continue its downward spiral after the 3rd arc?

Nah, Star Platinum wasn't stopping time until the fight with DIO in Cairo. This becomes evident if you understand the significance of its name once it harnesses that power. What Star Platinum was doing in the beginning of Stardust Crusaders was dragging things to Jotaro from outside of its effective range.

People don't really seem to understand, because the characters are always going on about how their Stands are confined to a range of 1-2 meters, and maybe that became a hard rule over time, but back in Part 3 it was simply reiterated that Stands get weaker the further away they are. Star Platinum can move outside of 1-2 meters, it just doesn't have hardly any power when it does so and, it doesn't really need much power to transport things like magazines, books and a radio.

The only reason we don't actually see Star Platinum swipe that stuff is because it's stylish. to have Jotaro just appear with it.

I don't see how anyone can seriously consider the Chimera Ant arc a bad one. There were weak points, but overall it wasn't a bad arc.

>asspull powerup
You must not read Togashi's work carefully. Also if you really consider that an ass pull why isn't Gon a character anymore?

>Whoever gets the arrow will obtain the power to win
>WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS GER SO BROKEN???!11'11
Are you retarded

Or to write anything anymore, to be accurate.

>Nanika
Better now

Wait, you shitheads think he's actually some kind of demon and not just using some kind of stupid ass pull super special sword technique?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAA

They literally admitted that it was an aspull, read more carefully next time

Yeah, that's what they said when he was writing Chimera. You must obviously be new to HxH. He will finish the arc in 10 years.
Its debatable that Killua and his Sister are hardly going to be characters. I really doubt they will be.

All of Jojo you mean.

You did understand the fight, right?
That both were trying to get the arrow because it's the "I win" button. As stated previously by Polnareff.

the bigger asspull was killuas sister/brother

>asspull
Not an asspull if it's clearly implied before hand. Killua's mom's eyes, the family picture. Did you not catch it all? Acceptable plot armor is one that have origins.

This, I still remember all the Togashifags trying to claim it wasn't a blatant asspull. Literally wish granting powers ala Dragon Ball Z.

well you if you sell your soul to devil for power if he existed would you get the power? Not an ass pull.

He staked his life.

Wait, did Kikyo lose her eyes to Alluka?

>Literally wish granting powers ala Dragon Ball Z.
Because in Dragonball they wish for powers that when used fuck you over and leave you a vegetable.

The term asspull in general sort of bothers me because it feels like introducing anything new to the story at all is something you could call an asspull. I mean, you could take anything and say it was an asspull. You could take the Saiyans and say they were an asspull.

Freezer too.

I wanted to use an example from Evangelion, but all that came to mind was stuff with a pretty significant backing prior to its arrival. I mean, you could argue RX-0 from Gundam is an asspull, going off of this logic.

What even is an asspull?
Introducing new things to a setting or story keeps things fresh and exciting. Not everything needs to have been foreshadowed or set up beforehand, sometimes there are things that have to be introduced AS the set up.

He's talking about Alluka, not Gon.

I don't even understand how it manages to stay afloat.

>powerups

An asspull is an ability or something that a character pulls out of thin air in order to help him, hence the name "asspull". An asspull is not an addition to the story.

Kubo is pathetic.

It is pretty cool, though.

It fucking sucked.

Literally not an asspull.

When Ulquiorra and Yammy first appeared in the manga, said that Ichigo at his peak was stronger than him.

Im a huge One Piece fan, but I try to be fair wit judgements. This didn't really seem like an asspull to me. It was just a technique that zoro had (or) developed. Is there something that i'm missing as to why people think that this is an asspull? Honest question, not trying to to defend the series.

It would've been more appropriate if he post 1st and 2nd Gear.

There's zero explanation for how it works and it's not in line with any of his other abilities.

This, it's getting even worse in Super.
Soon they'll just come out with "NEW SAIYAN LEGEND NEVER MENTIONED BEFORE UNTIL NOW, NOW YOU CAN GO SUPER ULTRA MEGA ELDER GOD CREATOR OF ALL JESUS CHRIST SAIYAN"
YFW it just turns their hair a different color
Toriyamas excuse at not using non-space-monkey people is "couldn't think of a way for them to keep up with the random new transformations he keeps giving them"

getting mad doesn't grant you more power in real life

Technically it does, but that's irrelevant. Gon didn't get stronger because he was mad. He sacrificed his future and potential for a one time power up that should have killed him. What happened afterwards was an asspull though

it's not shonen but seriously fuck this monkey
Achiga was a mistake

>inaudible grunting