80's

Anime from the 80's are really fucking good right? So much better than the majority of what came in the next decade.
Been watching Dirty Pair TV and I'm honestly enjoying more than Cowbe.

Kei or Yuri?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/sffhai.webm
youtu.be/VZAxdV41AMw
youtu.be/OnUhouG3K24
youtube.com/watch?v=nLzjm9E1hwg
youtube.com/watch?v=ViN2bRGrBx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yuri!

a.pomf.cat/sffhai.webm

>Cowbe
what

Wow it's like those 80s animation student films.

Marathoning Urusei Yatsura and it's gotten into my top 5 handily after 70 episodes.

i've started having dreams about Lum, is this what it's like to have a waifu?

Lum is definitely the pattern for many waifus that would follow.

Finished episode 21 of SPT Layzner earlier today. The moon arc was very good, but the so called secret about Grado is just one big pile of retardation and the way everything was handled was rage inducing. Hope the second half gets better.

DP is more fun than Cowbe, no surprise I'm enjoying it more.
And the animation is also better than what I expected.

doesnt

Did you just insult 90s anime? I haven't seen much 80s anime, so I can't really compare, but so many 90s anime are among my top favourites. I can't accept people throwing insults at them.

For 80s anime, I guess I liked Please Save My Earth, but I wish they did a full adaptation instead of going "please buy the manga".

What did Sup Forums think of Maison Ikkoku?

70's and 80's anime are truly the best, still cartoon-y enough to be enjoyable, but still aiming for a semblance of Asian society.

Computers destroyed anime right after the best films were released out in the early 90's. It was only the second-rate studios after that which could produce another classic. Even Spirited Away has a stiltedness that reaches toward videogames..

>Did you just insult 90s anime?
90's have the worst bullshits and flaws.

You'll have a lonely and really hard time trying to talk about old 80/90 anime or non-seasonal ones, unless it triggers up some meme let's pretend for awhile in casual people, you will most get blind eyes. And believe me it's for the good.

It's a matter of taste and the fact that there ain't really that much old anime available except the one people deemed good enough to preserve, although I too am fond of the 80s style.

Start them off with weird late night 70's anime... Tezuka's Cleopatra, Chocolate Panic Picture Show, etc. In Canada, when we first got a cable animation channel, all of this bizarre cinema made it to television for the first time

A Thousand And One Nights
youtu.be/VZAxdV41AMw

Tezuka's Cleopatra (1970)
youtu.be/OnUhouG3K24

Pic related

!!!

1980s = sacred bikini armor era

Based

For some reason the video inserts of live action otakus bothered me in this.

What anime is this?

>Rum
>Homo

Not really,. and many of the better non /m/ shows aren't even translated

>I love the 80s! I've seen dirty pair, city hunter, and some takahashi shows, i'm pretty much an expert

We never find out the secret about Grados either, at least we had Oberstein as a villain in the second half.

Nearly done watching the original Bubble Gum Crisis (pic). Late 80s & early 90s were a great time for anime.

But "Black Magic M-66" (anime 1987), is one of the ones that is just showing off how great things could be.

I got my theories on why that time was so good, but am interested in other ideas as I just watch it, not as knowable on he back end development.

Enjoy Sup Forumsnon. BGC is definitely one of my favorites. Crash is very divisive, but see you for yourself.

>But "Black Magic M-66" (anime 1987), is one of the ones that is just showing off how great things could be.
Yeah, older Shirow stuff is great as well.

>Anime from the 80's are really fucking good right?
TV shows? Not really, though, oufcourse, there are exceptions. Like Giant Gorg.

The guy with the golden mecha? Saw a fight between him and Eiji on YT that was the reason I picked up Layzner.

Is that Sonada?

Giant Gorg is one of the 80s anime I really want to watch. The opening theme is great, and my impression is that it's comfy.
That, and Dunbine.

City Hunter

Of course. How did you not know he did character design for Otaku no Video? Misty May is so Sonoda I don't know how you missed it.

Not him but Gorg is a treat. I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it for you. Still waiting for the day they make an MSGirl Gorg-chan.

Do you recognize Osamu Dezaki as the greatest anime director?
youtube.com/watch?v=nLzjm9E1hwg

By the way, I tried watching Patlabot TV but I have to say I gave up around episode 14. Is just boring.
But maybe I'll try Early Days.
I don't care for action, but maybe could be "better"?

Anyway, after I finish Dirty Pair I'll go to Harlock, Arcadia movie and TV series.

I guess it's obvious in hindsight.

is bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040 a remake of bubblegum crisis?
is it good/better?

who is this poofy cutie

You are on /m/. The answer is always Kei.

Like, it just keeps getting better and better, how do they do this

Ah right, there was a second girl besides Kei in Dirty Pair, huh? I forgot abou ther.

Yuri is love but Kei is even more love.

This is Sup Forums. I had to check.

Still Kei though.

Do you recognize that ironic retrofetishim is a disgusting thing?
Why would you ever listen to this insincere garbage when the real thing is so much better?
youtube.com/watch?v=ViN2bRGrBx8

I am not ironic.

Certainly top 5

>not both at the same time
Imagine.

Alright boys I wanna start watching this, what do I start with

You'll probably hear differing opinions but I suggest Dirty Pair: Project Eden first. It's a fun film with an awesome soundtrack that sets up the themes of the series well.

Who is your main and who is your mistress depends on the type of person you're however. Yuri have a much higher maintenance cost.
This one happens before the TV? It's really necessary watch it? I have no plans to watch being TV (original).

I would watch either TV series or the 10-part OVA series first.

>source: light novel
Now that was really interesting. LN adaptations is not a recent thing.

Why is OniisamaE his underrated Master Piece,

LN adaptations used to be quality over quantity.