Childhood is idolizing Reinhard, adulthood is realizing Yang makes more sense

Childhood is idolizing Reinhard, adulthood is realizing Yang makes more sense.

Legen Of The Galactic Heroes thread, duh

Just finished episode 82 there, really hope it doesn't slump in quality after what just happened

Even when I re;watch the show, that episode always breaks me in some way or another. The ending is actually really great and the 4th season, even though it's perhaps the weakest, is still quite good and worth watching.

Where can I watch this show?

It's the opposite.

Pirate it on Nyaa.se and Bakabt.me. Avoid episode previews since they spoil major character deaths.

Yang a shit. I'm glad that fucker died.

Are there good German subs?

The narrator also spoils shit in the show, which makes sense in the context of his role, a historian looking at the heroes of the past and their achievements. But still.

Near perfect anime though.

Why is Yang shit?

Haven't looked for them, but there should be.

Reinhard lacks morals, Yang lacks ambition.

Daily reminder Yang was idiot for not taking shooting lessons and carrying his gun with him everywhere

> near

It truly is.

Jessica Edwards was such a great character.

Yang should've ended up with her instead

Why?

Better girl than freddy

>Reinhard lacks morals

What? He might've made some Machiavellian choices, but his rule was way more just than the rulers who came before him and even the Alliance. Yang explicitly acknowledges that he's a good ruler, he just doesn't believe in dictatorships.

her haircut was less shit

I'm going to kick your fucking ass, faggot.

Not for Yang.

Trivialising such a complex character to this degree is beyond retarded. Your final (You).

>Bittenfeld

Still don't understand how this nigga survived the war. I was sure he'd get his ass Yang'd from the beginning.

>your final (you)
what an attention whore, you should've ignore my next post without saying "your final (you). kill yourself cunt.

Other way around, Yang is the cool underdog guy who's almost always right but "loses" because of his retarded superiors.
Meanwhile Reinhard is the "edgy prettyboy faggot" leading the space-nazis.
Reinhard was in the right literally the entire series and Yang was a huge failure who was unable to achieve anything because he could not let go of his outdated misconceptions

Yangs moral compass is selfish as fuck. He would rather see his society absorbed by space Nazis than see his superior officers to seize political power. And he doesn't just condemn their actions, he turns the fleets entrusted to him against his homeland to restore democracy for 2 days before federation (now even more exhausted by civil war thanks to Yang) becomes annexed by Reinhards empire.

Thats the kind of childish morality that you only see in cape comics, like Batman never killing the Joker even though the Joker escapes from jail every time and kills hundreds more.

Democracy is the least worst political system we know of and one that has the most potential. Democracy on it's worst is still far better then autocracy on it's worst, but autocracy on it's best is far better than democracy. The show displayed flaws of both systems quite well, so I think the real answers is that both were wrong since history is doomed to repeate itself. The major problem with Reinhard's death is that there's a chance he's son will just be a failure and won't live up to his Reinhard, and let's be realistic here, who could? What if he develops a inferority complex for an example?

Fuck off Yang, democracy is fucking shit

But it is true. You're not going to get a new Reinhard anytime soon, don't pretend like that's going to actually happen with his boy. His empire will slowly crumble and a new Rudolf will take the throne and than it's bussiness as usual.

Rudolf did literally nothing wrong

He did right but he went too far

Trunhit dindu nuffin, too.

>but he went too far

Like what?

Please dont wreck my shit anons, ive not slept in over 24 hours, what the fucks the name of this show again.
I dont know fucking why I forgot it, but for some reason 7 star saga is stuck in my head and I know thats fucking not it.

Im browsing amazon and buying some good ass fuckin anime while its on my mind. Just preordered 0083 bluray release this april and I want this shit in my collection as well.

I think I have a few episodes downloaded, but again, its name is fucking beyond me right now and I think the download I have is fucking messed up in terms of episode numbers.

It's doubly funny since Bittenfeld was the only one during the entire series who called bullshit on Yang's strategy, when he wanted the opponent to believe he was bullshitting. And it's even better actually, since if there is one person in the entire fucking cast it's Bittenfeld that you can predict (just attack until he or the enemy dies). Loved the show but Yang's luck with his opponents always doing what he wanted was bull.

Legend Of The Galactic Heroes, look at the spoiler.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes you dumdum.

Now go fucking sleep

Establishing High nobility that leads to corruption and nepotism.

OH GOD DAMNIT HOW DID I MISS IT!

Ive been trying to sleep for the past 5 hours, fuck my life.
Thank you user.

Have a good one, user!

Ah I see, fair enough.

I was prepared that people would whine about eugenics

Which episode is it yang and julian first see Reinhard and Kircheis, and they comment on how young they are?
I think they were signing some peacy treaty or something.

Might be one of the mid episodes in season 1 or somewhere around episode 10, not quite sure, sorry to say.

>7 star saga
You mean 5 star stories?

Bittenfeld was essentially a cavalry commander like Ney, Bluecher or Zieten in space. He did not have finesse but he was gutsy and had a good feeling for the right timing, which are two important qualities a cavalry commander needs.

What the fuck is a corridor? Why are there walls in space? It really hurts my immersion.

>Democracy on it's worst is still far better then autocracy on it's worst.
It's about responsibility. Democracy brings in idiots who win a popularity contest and end up being shit rulers. There are time when democracy works but for the most part it is a slow decline until all the chaos that has been shoved under the rug for hundreds of years explodes all at once in a far more devastating manner than if it was an autocracy (such as Rome). Autocracy brings in people who don't have to pander and can do their job properly. Also if an autocrat is terrible he will usually get opposed by other high up people with sense or at the very least a revolution may occur. Autocracy isn't perfect but it beats the unavoidable corruption (both politically and culturally) of democracy.

The "strategy" aspect of the show is perhaps the weakest.

They're known safe spaces to travel through space with low levels of radiation, debris, etc

I took it to mean that their FTL travel required a certain amount of gravity to function, and so could only operate within a certain distance of solar bodies.

They never make use of 3D movement. They completly act like ships on water.

>kill yourself cunt.
no u, illiterate fag

Yeah you can nitpick at corridors, semi-circle formations (the OVA's simplify the battles horribly, they make much better sense in the book) and at axes in space.
But meanwhlie, it gets a lot of big picture stuff right. The relationship between politics and the military, societal effects of long-term wars, logistics, personnel issues, etc..

Except they only fought at slower-than-light speeds. And interstellar space is notoriously empty.
Also, if boarding parties couldn't fire their guns because of Seffle particles or some other technobabble, why didn't they just switch to pneumatic weapons instead?

Sieg mein Kaiser!

>final (you)
>still giving (you)
disgusting and embarrassing

I think LOGH would be better if all characters were women and if they stuck to the hand-drawn art style rather than randomly using CGI

I liked Yang, but Reinhard is better. He's too funny for his own good, especially that whole scene where he does a handstand and doesn't want to hug Annerose because his hands are dirty. That's not including his proposal to Hilda which was funny enough.

Sieg moe Kaiser Reinhard!

How would things turn out if Yang was made commander of NERV?

SIEG KAISER RRINHARD
SIEG NEUE REICH

Yeah i lost it when he's about to destroy yang and then he stopped because "my dead boyfriend told me in my dream to stop the battle".
I mean how can someone be this autistic.

Did he actually say 'My hands are a little dirty'? Did she answer 'So am I'?

>I mean how can someone be this autistic.

Well, he's german

Because then we wouldn't have sick axe fights.

what's wrong being german?

Germanic people are inherently autistic

why was yang redrawn every frame rather than his hand and hat alone? those are the only things meant to be moving apart from the background

>but Yang's luck with his opponents always doing what he wanted was bull.
This was my main issue with the guy as well. Sure, you can be a genius when it comes to battle, but everything pretty much always went completely according to plan without anything unplanned going wrong at all which gets a bit ridiculous. That's what I liked about Reinhard, the dude was smart but he still had bad luck quite frequently and made mistakes here and there.

basically a more beta version of kaji

I don't think there was ever anyone that watched LoGh and didn't think Yang was the best character. He made the most sense and was the most fun to watch.

It's not like any of the developments are surprising

Yang stands out because (other than being the authors self-insert) he's the only interesting character holding the FPA side together. The empire has more interesting characters other than Reinhard.

at the time Rudolf is a mixbag. he did for the most part right but it went to far when he started exterminating people for being "genetically inferior" or sending them to death camps.

Reinhard and friends were the most fun to watch.

once yang dies. his bag of friends end up being boring.

Why can't I find this on Nyaa?

honestly I barely cared. she and Jessica were basically the same character as far as I'm concerned, so boring.

Yang valued the principles of democracy and its potential ability to let the people be governed as they wished to be governed. Yang was also lazy when it came to doing things other than being arguably the best tactician of his time or defending his friends, and as such wouldn't want the weight of being a leader on his shoulders.

Reinhard valued the principles of being a righteous and wise leader and believed and relied on his abilities to do such. Reinhard was ambitious and bold but also was fully willing to bear every sin he committed in the name of conquest and unifying space.

They are both the ideal of their respective governments: Reinhard believed no one was better to rule than he (Except the Kaiserin) while Yang believed that no matter his acuity that by deferring to the will, wisdom and desires of the whole and the system itself that it would prove to work itself out in the end.

You could say Yang died because he was too carefree when it came to himself and trusted in the goodwill of others (politicians), while Reinhard burned himself out by relying mainly on himself and essentially isolating himself as much as possible.

None of this shit would happened if Kircheis was still alive.

>Never

Watch the show again. It's exactly how Yang got in position to have Reinhard dead in his sights.

Or the merits of gun ownership, which I guess ties into what you said.

so Kircheis is basically representative of the good and kindness humans are capable of, that ends up being lost when it is needed most?

Nah, he's just a ginger god version of Reinhard without any of the ambition and arrogance. So of course he had to die.

It still irks me to this day that someone in the profession of arms would be so adverse to keeping a weapon on him to defend himself while on the battlefield.

Not carrying a weapon got him and Kircheis killed.

I feel like Reinhard did his best to honor his memory by acting in accordance with what he thought Kircheis would want, but this also in my opinion goes along with the appointment of Fraulein Mariendorf to act as a sort of 'conscience' to Oberstein's cold and merciless style of ruling power and political espionage.

Kircheis and Mariendorf grounded him while Oberstein wanted to take him higher with cold logic at the cost of moral obligations.

I feel it is Ironic that the reason Oberstein manipulated the allowing of Westerland to be nuked is the same used by the U.S. to rationalize the dropping of the nukes in WW2; Kill the few to stop the deaths of many.

Oberstein did nothing wrong

he had the Empire's best interests in mind

Not allowing Kircheis to carry a weapon was pure folly.

At the time, the reasoning was sound. Now, had he just expanded it to only the inner circle being allowed to carry weapons, then it would've been interesting.