How did Urobuchi manage to create something so good from such rancid source material? Not that F/Z is a masterpiece...

How did Urobuchi manage to create something so good from such rancid source material? Not that F/Z is a masterpiece, but it is light-years ahead of FS/N.

Because Kiritsugu was a cool and dark adult with a deep philosophy, while Shirou was just an immature teenager. Zero was made for the seinen audience after all.

Shirou's conflict and development is better than anything in Zero.

Kiritsugu was the right kind of autistic. Shirou was a fedora tier character.

They are both shitty when compared to Garden of Sinners. Still, Kiritsugu was at least a fun change of pace as far as anime protagonists go. I've yet to watch an anime where the protagonist literally blows up an entire hotel just to get one guy who he then ruthlessly bullies for the remainder of the series. He was fun to watch. Shirou is just cringy and his voice actor gives me hives.

zerofags are cancer.

>both equally bait comments.

Type-Moon fanbase is a special kind of retarded.

You brought this upon yourself OP, or did you expect non-baity answers to a baity post? Silly you :)

Because Butcher isn't a hack unlike Nasu. Also Zero was aimed at adults while the VN (and therefore the anime too) were written in a very shonen way (clear cut villains, hero and friends who have to get stronger to defeat villains, etc.).

It also had actual morality questioning, unlike the whole bullshit with Shirou where he's proven to be fucking wrong by his own future self but somehow everyone agrees he's right because he covered his ears and yelled "LALALALAAL CANT HEAR YOU IM RIGHT UR WRONG" for long enough.

Not OP, I just clicked on the thread and knew to expect at least one of those answers. Didn't expect both back to back.

Sasuga Type-Moonfags.

If you though the VN was bad wait for the GO shit coming out. When people say it gets better after the 5th singularity they mean compared to earlier ones, it's consistently worse than the VN.

>Butcher
please come back when you can communicate without using idiotic, unfunny memes

This. Zero had deep and thought provoking morality like the Caster duo while the shounen FSN had shallow characters like Kotomine Kirei who Shirou beat with an asspulled shounen power up.

i actually agree with him. I really like Fate/zero as its own show, and i dont give a flying fuck about anything else, that is type moon related.

Zero was made for adults , that's why it had deep and subtle scenes like where Angra Mainyu spoonfeeds the fault of Kiritsugu's philosophy for the audience. The childish FSN was made for teenagers, they expected us to follow the theme on our own.

Nice try, I am not falling for this mongrel.

>"this is bait" fish picture
Has anyone ever found this funny or generally worthwhile in any way?

Don't even bother to to try and argue with Fate/Nasufags, they are incredibly delusional. Fate is just a boring route with a sweet ending, UBW was somewhat interesting with the Archer twist but they blew it with the actual plot and Shirou being an insufferable cunt. Heaven's Feel is actually pretty good once it gets into all the Zouken stuff and Shirou is actually not a complete retard for once. Still one good route isn't enough to excuse how shitty Fate and UBW are.

I dont give a fuck about all of that shit. Zero was fun and worked as an anime, while stay night was really boring, had shit characters and did not work as an anime.

It's not meant to be funny or worthwhile. Fatefags post them cause it's their conditioned response when anyone criticizes their franchise.

I agree, Zero had mature and adult characters like Kayneth El Melloi while the FSN was filled with shit characters like Medea

>How did Urobuchi manage to create something so edgy from such fun source material?
FTFY

i literally leave this board for 3 years and this thread makes me feel like i was here just yesterday

kind of depressing desu

>mature and adult characters like Kayneth El Melloi
I see what you did there

3 years...that's nowhere near enough to appreciate the dark and adult Fate Zero. Stick to shounen animes like FSN.

>so good

>lunch simulator
>fun

I have never said that i think that f/z was either deep or mature. It is not. But it was fun. I liked it as an action show with a colorful cast that interacts alot and some really great scenes. Meanwhile UBW is 1/3 of a story (which instantly makes it a terrible anime), filled with boring characters and action.

Kerry is so incredibly adult he has to say "boku wa" just to avoid being overwhelmed by the sheer maturity of his character.

>linking MAL on Sup Forums

wew.

Mods are doing a great job today.

Emiya Kiritsugu’s right hand continued its work of writing while his left hand mechanically shoveled his nutrition – hamburgers from a fast food restaurant he bought while investigating – into his mouth. For nine years, Emiya Kiritsugu had eaten at the table of the Einsberns, who were merely a hair removed from royalty themselves. He had grown tired of the cuisine. This fast food, filled with the sense of slaughter, was more suited to his tastes. Being able to eat without interrupting one’s words or thoughts was better than anything, no matter how you looked at it.

>Edgy lunch simulator with walking in circles DLC and loli filler preorder bonus
>fun

>Anyone who hates F/SN must be baiting.

>This fast food, filled with the sense of slaughter, was more suited to his tastes.
Sasuga Urobuchi, only he could make eating a Big Mac so mature and philosophical.

Yes? You can dislike the fanbase but if you claim to hate F/SN itself without explaining why, you are baiting.

>This fast food, filled with the sense of slaughter, was more suited to his tastes

Considering he basically wrote the whole thing as Nasu dictated to him, all he really did is add his stylistic flourish and and a big heaping of edge to it.

>medea
>shit
You take that back you motherfucker

t.insecure emiya fag

He isn't wrong

Well technically kerry is more emiya than shirou

I don't understand why anti-fatefags get so fucking butthurt over everything fate.

You guys act like fatefags are cancer when all you need to do is let them roam free in their containment threads and not induce their anger by making a shit thread like this.

>"LMAOOO FATEFAGS GET SO BUTTHURT WHEN I INTENTIONALLY TRY TO PISS THEM OFF"

Kill yourselves you fucking faggots

So if shit like Fate/zero is succesful in both japan and for forgein audiances then why dont we get shit like it more often?

They had nothing better to do

Yes but just because emiya has good development doesn't make F/SN better than zero. Zero overall is a much more enjoyable ride than stay night. Besides i think waver got a good character development as well.

>Defending Medea
>Posting a jobber
Oh you

>posting a jobber
Like what you do right now amirite?

It's hard to browse Sup Forums, when i enjoy dubbed anime, fate/zero and love Rei Ayanami.

So many hundreds of hours wasted on pointless arguing, on threads that will die and be forgotten. It makes me sad, when i think about how much work i could have done with all that time.

He isnt a jobber,he is a recurring (main)character unlike Arc, when did the blonde ever get the spotlight?

Tsukihime is a flop and so are the waifus in it

>he isn't a jobber
>i'll prove it by saying he's a recurring character
You convinced me

I feel like I've just witnessed someone reaching a major crossroad in life

these are almost all great moments, so non-ironic post?

the series only fell to shit with Kerry's final killjoy decision, and his choice not to go back to his daghteru

More like a recurring jobber

It's getting hard to distinguish between sarcasm and genuine snobbery.

>500x281
>2.19 MB
>.gif
user, do we need "the talk" about using shitty tumblr tier images and piss quality outdated file formats again?

I know people are baiting here but I'm with you OP. I really liked Zero's characters and the duos of Servant/Master chemistry. Waver and Rider, Caster and that guy, Kayneth being jealous of Lancer, Kerry not giving a shit about Saber, etc. They felt like real characters with flaws and interactions that weren't perfect, unlike FSN where everyone's a mouthbreathing retard who couldn't exist by any means. There aren't people like Shirou irl, no chance.

I finished and enjoyed Zero while I couldn't even digest UBW even with the infinite budget it had for fight scenes.

It's all I had man.

God, you're a retard. FZ was mostly Nasu.

>even with the infinite budget it had for fight scenes
I don't get why people say this, the fights in UBW didn't look as good as the ones in F/Z.

Zero is the worst installment of the series.

The way the post was written was pure and unfiltered bait. Keep trying harder fag.

Urobutcher is very talented to make a damaged character but attractive, he mixed philosophy in a adult way with a awesome develop of the characters

You know, trying to make yourself look witty by saying "Urobutcher" is already idiotic, but it looks ten times stupider when you can't even speak the English language properly.

Fuck you, english is not my first language, and I find urobutcher a funny name, if you don't like it go fuck yourself

because it was only successful because it was the prequel of fate

edgy backstories are also popular, the prerequisite is that there s a generic source material

>he didnt watch f/go
>he didnt see cu solo an entire grail war

fuck you

Nasu wrote the outline of events for Fate/Zero

The "events" are not what make F/Z good though, it's the dialogue and characterization.

Because most anime writers suck ass. Uro is one of the best (as much as Sup Forums will never admit it because he's popular). It's a bit like asking why, if The Godfather (inb4 autistic screeching) was such a success, we don't get more stuff that good.

Yeah, and the outline is who's in it, who kills who, who wins, who dies, etc. Nothing to do with characterization, dialogue, etc.

because tactical magical operations are much cooler than tedious DBZ power-level servant battles.

>Dies in all 3 routes of Stay Night
>Isn't a jobber because he's a Caster in what is essentially Fate/Caster Wank

VN could only be purchase if you're 20 if anything Zero was more accessible to the chuuni highschool students

>characterization
It has none. If you thought the "characterization" was what made Zero good you didn't understand it at a basic level. Also the best dialogue in the story is ripped out of FSN.

Because Nasu doesn't believe in sad endings anymore he told Gen to rewrite the original draft of F/Z x FGO because he couldn't just have x kill y and be done with it.

Because it was mature for mature adults such as myself.

>copypasta scum

>Hack writer
>create something so good

Kek. This is what edgefags feel.

the VN was for adults too

That's Prisma Illya

Purely because of the H-content. The rest of it was aimed at the middle-highschool crowd.

F/Z had Rider. Rider was cool

>more complex characterization than Zero
>far denser prose
>somehow aimed at a younger audience
?

He didn't say best

No, but you don't understand, unless the characters are all adults with surface levels of darkness I can't feel mature.

>Six years later
>We are still having these retarded threads
Why? The TM fanbase as a whole will still always prefer FSN. What's the point?

Not that same user. They're both aimed at teenagers as far as I'm concerned.

Also writing in denser prose doesn't make the subject matter any more mature.

>all adults

But Iri was ten. Two when she got knocked up.

>Also writing in denser prose doesn't make the subject matter any more mature.
There's a difference between between more mature subject matter and target demographics.

It doesn't change the fact that it's a narrative written purely for entertainment value about fantastical battles between fictitious mythological figures some of which are genderbent and all yell the names of their attacks.

I'm nothing close to a literary snob but I'm fairly certain that doesn't fly as "aimed at adults".

>about fantastical battles between fictitious mythological figures
Which was completely secondary compared to exploring the protagonist's mindset and themes.
Regardless, being aimed at adults doesn't imply quality. I'd take Digimon over Gangster anyday.

Even Gilgamesh was better

It's isn't "about" those things at all though, have you actually read it? There is no way someone could come out of FSN not seeing the thematic undercurrent unless they are unironically illiterate.

Hint: the mythological heroes backdrop is there because it's a story largely about what defines heroism, altruism, etc. It's people posting dumb shit like this that makes the fanbase so defensive.

No one could miss it (and the poster you're responding to didn't) because Shirou tells you about it all the time and it's comic book-tier trash. The fanbase is defensive because they think it's something more impressive than that for some retarded reason

>and the poster you're responding to didn't
>it's a narrative written purely for entertainment value about fantastical battles between fictitious mythological figures
Nice mind reading abilities?

>No one could miss it
He just did. Do you read what you're posting?

I guess that's the impression a newfag would get if they hadn't been around to see Sup Forums discuss the game for the better half of a decade unabated.

damn, anti-fate shitposters are literally blinded in their retarded hatred.