"If I use this technique, I will die!"

>"If I use this technique, I will die!"
>doesn't die

>dies
>then comes back

fucking symphogear man fuck that show, why the fuck did first girl have to die then

>No, MC-kun! Using this technique will shorten your life!

>>"If I use this technique, I will die!"
Wouldn't that be extremely painful?

>"It's a Special Unique Technique."
>Everyone can use it already or learns to use it

Why is this a thing
There isn't any tension
We never see characters into old age anyways

STRAWBERRY
J
A
M

Not actually compatible and full of LiNKER

>cloud of dust
>"We got him!"
>didn't get him

BULLSHIT and you know it

Jam you say?

Just watch Chrono Crusade already.

What's it called when something is an asspull in-universe, but was predictable from a meta standpoint?

I mean, Symphogear runs on bullshit, but that's the explanation.

dumb?

>"this is my ultimate technique!"
>doesn't work
>"guess I'll just have to use my STRONGER ULTIMATE TECHNIQUE"
>doesn't work
>"heh, you're pretty tough"
>"but can you handle"
>"MY ULTIMATE ULTIMATE TECHNIQUE OF ULTIMATE?"

>"So you finally awakened to your full power Main Character, then let me do so as well."
>MC still wins.
>"Sorry that was actually 85%."

>"Man, we just ran the plot into a corner. How the fuck we going to finish this?"
>"Hey, you know what we need to do?"
>"What?"
>"We just need to kill the one of our audience´s favourite characters and/or cause a massacre to keeps our MCs in the fight and tug at the audience´s heart strings. We don´t even need to deal with the aftermath of this, as if we gave a fuck about our characters that we just killed or anything. We only need an excuse to keep the story going."
>"You are a genius!"

>mfw watching it

When your friend is literaly Jesus Christ you kinda don't worry about dying anymore, which makes me think why Naruto didn't save Neji but did save Gai....

He wasn't Jesus yet.

Fucking Luffy. If he doesn't die as soon as he reaches Raftel I'm killing Oda.

You mean read it.

yeah he wasnt made aware of his godness at that point. still had the power but someone didnt tell him

>Naruto became a God
what

Some one didn't take her Daily Dose.

>"This guy is strong, gotta use THAT technique."

>commeme translates 絶唱 as swan song
>it's actually superb song
>the confusion from the implication of "swan song" continues to this day

Tekkaman Blade does this. He ends up in blind and in a wheelchair, but cared for by his waifu.

You must have dropped Naruto a while back. It sounds less farfetched when you remember that he starts the series off basically as a half-demon

>Character has a technique that is supposedly their strongest
>Has never been shown using it before
>Uses it once in the middle of the series and never again despite being op as shit

If you're talking about Gear Second, that only fucks him if he overuses it like in his Lucci fight

>Watch a show because of one character
>They are literally the best ever
>Everything else is shit

Gear Second and his healing in Impel Down.

Oh right, he lost like 10 years from the poison. Which really doesn't mean much unless he already had a short lifespan. Dude probably had a solid 100 years to work with or some bullshit.

>worst girl wins

>cropped
Well fuck you too.

No, makes perfect sesne. The Linker they used in season 1 was absolute garbage. Adding to that was the fact that they were beeing "tuned" by Fine. While Tsubasa was compatible with a relic Kanade was not. The only reason she was even able to active it was because she was taking massive ammounts of linker. Ver invented a much better linker and actually DID tune Maria & the rest. Also, the whole "Swan song" thing is a bit of a miss translation. It was never meant to be deadly.

>two characters use a combination move
>they never spoke about doing such a thing

This is just a Symphogear thread now, isn't it?

They obviously discussed this while kissing each others' breasts while Chris cried from behind the door.

So like Shoe?

A shitty cliche.

>if I use this attack I'll lose my powers
>actually loses it
>wait no gets it back

Fuck bleach

Anime ending > manga ending

I hate the cliché of the evil power you can't control even more because I think it would be awesome to see a series where the mc actually ends up consumed by the dark side and becomes the new villain.

Imagine if Bleach ended on chapter 423 with Rukia just fading away.

Did it even shorten his life? I read it as it'd harm him in the long run (like hurting his joints or something) rather than just cutting years off his life.
That or if he keeps using it it'll eventually go wrong and kill him.

>I was born powerless in a world with superpowers
>gets a power stronger than anyone elses that was either dormant inside them or someone/something gives it to them

Nah, back when it was still new, using it puts extra strain on his body, which effectively does shorten his life.
After the time-skip, he no longer has that problem, though Gear 4 and 5, or whatever probably gets something similar.

>I think it would be awesome to see a series where the mc actually ends up consumed by the dark side and becomes the new villain.
I wouldn't mind something like this at all.

Boku no Hero Academia is even more shit than Naruto and Bleach, yet people like it somehow.

It's ok that you have shit taste, user

>>"If I use this technique, I will die!"
>>doesn't die
Well the excuse is that he clearly never used it before, so he only think he would die. But yeah, it is fake tension. And the secret move becomes a normal spammable move next season.

Cool move.
Sucks how it was basically made absolutely pointless.

It's not the only one to do that.
I have to somewhat respect Black Clover for their way, MC kept his non-magic but gained some magical weapons. His latest power boost was kinda shit though, his lack of magic powers apparently gives him an anti-magic demon thing. The only upside to it is he told the demon to fuck off because he wanted to win with his own strength.

>he likes boku no shitro A/co/demia
is two blocks down.

George Lucas pls

But Vader was the old villain.

>trying this hard to make an obscure pun

>dies
>but they're a filler character so who cares

SOON

I would prefer it done in a non shitty way, instead of going from "killing him would be wrong" to child murderer in an instant.

When I was younger I had a friend that had this crazy theory that Ichigo from Bleach would become consumed by the Hollow and would kill all of his friends, and then there would be a new season where the spirits of his friends became Shinigamis and tried to stop him. Yeah, yeah, it was retarded, but I mean something like that.

>character has a mundane power
>when the viewer really thinks about it their power is actually the most OP if used correctly
>character never uses it correctly

>He likes something I don't like better tell him to go to another board!
So how does it feel to be retarded?

>this move puts a lot if stress into my body, using it more than once is dangerous

>spams it with no repercutions

>character has a power up with no drawbacks
>waits until he is almost defeated before unleashing it

GIIIGAAAAAAA

Tate no Yuusha did it perfectly. MC goes mad, ends up creating an entirely new species to bring his love back from the dead and conquer the world at the same time.

>99% of fandom accepts that Symphogear is terribly written, but is a guilty pleasure regardless
>random namefag goes above and beyond to defend the shitty writing
Color me surprised.

for him

Its terribly written, but 99% of everything has dumb explanations. Its surprisingly thought through.

>heh, you're tougher than I expected, guess it's time to use this power-up

write him back in

look at me look at me does it look like I'm kidding with you

write him back in

wait can someone explain, is he actually a god or something? i dropped a long time ago and only watch the fights on youtube

>character knows an easy way to power up
>doesn't teach the rest of the group

>nobody could survive that much dust!

>MC talks about the power of friendship
>Battles are only 1v1 while everybody else watches

Do you really want to bring over Chris "corruption" Metzen?

>fandom

I have read a pretty handful of things where this does happen, I mean, the one who says that actually dies, and very usually those are good characters.

>when you can almost see the writers writing themselves into a corner in real-time

maybe it just gave them cancer

Happens all the time in shit like Fairy Tail

Best ending: Cut from that point straight into the epilogue

Make it so the "tiny leftover pool of reiatsu" shit from the fullbringer arc is why Ichigo can see his old friends. His lineage as part shinigami allows his kid to inherit his op reiatsu pool

BOOM, I just fixed the entirety of Bleach's ending

I AM NO LONGER DEAD

thats nice

The Sage of the Six Paths literally appears before him and bestows god-tier power to him. Oh yeah, he was also able to become the host of all of the tailed beasts. Shit got wild at the end

>character gains new abilities/finds new weapons or whatever
>completely forgets about all the other stuff he got/learned before even if they have their own uses

>MC used to fight extremely hard to edge out battles in his favor
>Gets new power
>Now everything's a cake walk

>character is introduced and he has an OP ability that would quite literally make every battle a joke
>gets nerfed hard

>show spends 11 episodes establishing a dark tone, and raising the stakes, with main characters getting hurt or crippled
>12th episode undoes all injuries and tension to force a generic happy ending
Fuck you.

I see someone is still mad about YuYuYu.

The fact that so many people defended the ending only made it worse.

>the characters DESERVE a happy ending!
>it's not a happy ending because the battle isn't over
>the happy ending was a brave direction to take

>he watches a shitty shonen action anime targeted toward male tweens
>he's surprised when the story is shit and does stuff that only appeals to male tweens
SHIGGY DIGGY DOO

>character after another dies in a heart-wrenching way
>all revived in the end

What is every season of Sailor Moon