"Illustration from the late 1800s up through the middle of the 20th century was absolutely amazing. In general...

>"Illustration from the late 1800s up through the middle of the 20th century was absolutely amazing. In general, American culture was at its highest skill wise in every aspect of human life in the 1940s. It’s all been downhill since then. You just open an old magazine from the 1930s and ’40s and look at the illustrations in it. There’s nobody alive that could touch the way they could draw back then. In old movies, the cinematography is a thousand times better than anything today. Writing, a thousand times better. You buy any book on color theory today and it’s just complete poppycock. Everybody comes out of school painting pink, purple, and green. The whole damn cartoon industry has pink, purple, and green on their mind."

>"Those are the colors of Cutie Honey. Most cartoons are those colors. They have been for many years. Until Cagliostro made that change. Cagliostro changed it, Toshihiko Masuda perfected it. And then there’s been some shows that have followed Masuda’s lead, like Tiny Toon Adventures which has absolutely beautiful color."

>"If you’re a kid wanting to be a cartoonist today, and you’re looking at The Legend of Korra, you don’t have to aim very high. You can draw Korra when you’re 10 years old. You don’t have to get any better than that to become a professional cartoonist. The standards are extremely low. Same as in illustration. Not very many people can draw who are illustrators today, compared to the early 20th century."

Why is he right on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/old-brew/the-john-kricfalusi-interview-part-2-434.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, he know's Korra is a shit show.

>it's an "old Japanese man complains about things" thread

And how.

Sauce?

Radio interview.

I think it's because of the remark of him using The Legend of Korra as a modern day standard of the effort it takes to be a cartoonist and considering it to be very low standards compared to stuff in the past.

>The whole damn cartoon industry has pink, purple, and green on their mind."
Can you blame them, doctors orders

why is he picking on korra when there are better targets like kill me baby?

Korra actually tries and is worth putting up a fight.

>In old movies, the cinematography is a thousand times better than anything today. Writing, a thousand times better.
If I didn't know any better I'd say Miyazaki hasn't been to the movies since he was a kid considering most films back then had atrocious writing and cinematography.

women and niggers

Miyazaki is nothing but a washed up, angry old man. Everything that comes out of his mouth these days is trite and empty and boils down to "back in my day" nonsense. He's a sad old otaku for an eclectic collection of things that are long dead and were never important.

He was rasied in post war Japan which was all in rubble, there were no movies in his youth.

Also Japanese live action films in those days are almost nothing but a guy in a rubber monster suit destroying a mini set top city looking like a giant monster destroying a city.

>there were no movies in his youth.
It's been noted that his father took him to the movies quite frequently.

Yes, these movies.

What are you guys reading?

What a bitter old man

I cant wait until he dies. Not because I dont like him or his work, but because Miyazaki troll quote threads will enter the golden age.

Kids These Days don't know about those atrocious Hanna-Barbera cartoons that dominated the 1960s and 70s. Flintstones and Jetsons were their crown jewels, we're talking shit like Grape Ape and Jabberjaw. Those color palettes could give you a headache. Even the 30-minute-toy-commercials of the 80's were an improvement.
I dunno if Miyazaki Brought Animation Back, but someone sure did.

>this shit again
Jesus Christ, is this actually catching on? People believing fake quotes was dumb enough, but can people not use google to identify obvious and provable pasta?

60s Hanna Barbera was excellent, it's when Ruby Spears & Takamoto took over with Scooby Doo that the studio jumped shark.

Miyazaki did his part but it was Toshihiko Masuda who brought animation back.

>Posting shops of fake links.
That was a Miyazaki quote, it was someone who made a fake John K quote who then based it on a Miyazaki quote.

Seek help.

cartoonbrew.com/old-brew/the-john-kricfalusi-interview-part-2-434.html
Yeah, that's right, some dude in 2004 decided to fake a Miyazaki interview as a John K one. Also, Miyazaki gave an interview mentioning Legend of Korra before Avatar even existed, apparently.

Fuck off.

404'ed.

Seek help.

But the best decade of American cinema was the 70s

>Also Japanese live action films in those days are almost nothing but a guy in a rubber monster suit destroying a mini set top city looking like a giant monster destroying a city.
Don't open your mouth if you don't know anything about the subject at hand, it's embarrassing.

> post war Japan which was all in rubble, there were no movies in his youth
>Also Japanese live action films in those days are almost nothing but a guy in a rubber monster suit destroying a mini set top city looking like a giant monster destroying a city.
Are you fucking retarded? Have you never heard of Kurosawa or Ozu, at least?

It's a I SAY it's a joke son.

>tms autist reaches Sup Forums

No, far from it.

he should probably kill himself, for his own sake and everyone else's

>American culture was at its highest skill wise in every aspect of human life in the 1940s.

Because he is a sex slave of Walt Disney.

He hates Disney outside of the very early stuff from Ub Iwerks, he loves Chuck Jones like family however.

>No one will ever make a movie as great as spirited way again in your lifetime

why even live?

Famicom's been here for ages, what are you talking about? Are you a newfag from Sup Forums or something?

>Miyazaki will never animate Looney Tunes

That was not from Famicom as he talks about TMS, not Ghibli.
To be fare he did train most of the people behind Tiny Toons & Animaniacs, the rest came out of Ralph Bakshi's wood work & Hanna Barbera.

Please go away, Famicom.

>>No one will ever make a movie as great as spirited way again in your lifetime
>Says the man who's shit all looks nearly the fucking same and the only saving grace he had was Anno and then a competing movie followed by Disney.

Oh look, its another "im a girl learning the ways of the world" movie, how exciting, PANNNNYOOO PANNNNYYO WE ALL GOT THE SAME FUCKING FACE! LOOK AT OUR BACKGROUNDS! WE TRICKKKKKKED YOU!

Again he talk about TMS not Ghibli, he has no reason to be here.

>Meanwhile, at other studios.

yes, actually

Your autism goes all over the place. Just because you have a weird obsession over TMS doesn't mean you don't branch out over other shit.

Everyone knows that

>famicom

Seek help, I'm not him.

That was not from Famicom, that was from a WB staffer.

Because Korra has time and money behind that make it the envy of his entire archipelago.
Apples to apples just compare Airbender to it. It's fucking wild.

Who do you think you're fooling?

So TMS is the second coming of animation?

Post war Jap cinema is a fucking golden age. No movies my pale white ass. It's like the artists blue balls from the imperial era all came at the exact same moment when the emperor's cock ring got taken off them. It's magical.

Korra is a big major production with lots of people and money behind it and then puts out things like this.

TL;DR
>Im so mad Korra gets more recognition then me, how dare these weebs not worship my old man balls.

>Thinking that $200,000-$300,000 per episode is alot when it real life it's peanuts in the industry.
Yourself.
Yea, Godzilla, Mothra and Ghidorah oh my.
$200,000-300,000 per episode is not alot of money in the industry.

In fact book 4's episodes were only $90,000 per episode.

Lurk for two years before posting.

Every fucking time, without fail.

No, seek help.

>$200,000-300,000 per episode is not alot of money in the industry.
How much money is needed to remember hands don't have 6 fingers?

$0, it's just lack of effort.

> In old movies, the cinematography is a thousand times better than anything today.
I seriously doubt miyazaki has ever said anything to this effect

You're such a pleb it's almost unbelievable, your ignorance of post-war Japanese film is astounding. Why do you speak on matters you know less than nothing of?

>delusionally believing a photo is shopped while also claiming it shows a real page
>delusionally believing you aren't who you obviously are
>hallucinating a 404 message where there is none
Seek help.