Shounen Jump Issue 12 toc

Poro no Ryuugaku-ki (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Boku no Hero Academia
One Piece
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Haikyuu!!
Spring Weapon Number One
U19 (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Black Clover
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Yakusoku no Neverland
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Ole Golazo
Ibitsu no Amalgam (End)
Demon's Plan (End)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 13:
Cover, Lead CP: Harapeko no Mary (New Series)
CP: Samon-kun wa Summoner, Boruto, Poro no Ryuugaku-ki

>Genjui Toteku serialization literally never

>Amalgam (End)
>Demon's Plan (End)

Faceless dark sweaty fat old men doujin, when?

DOUBLE KILL

>Boku no Hero Academia

fujos are going to ruin BNHA

Shame Ole Golazo is going that route, too.

Maybe next time he'll try Galaxy Gangs again and just add a soccer arc.

>Ibitsu no Amalgam (End)
>Demon's Plan (End)
They will not be missed

pure rankings

01 Hero Academia c.120
02 One Piece c.850
03 Haikyu c.235
04 No.01 c.10
05 Hinomaru c.126
06 Black Clover c.91
07 Neverland c.20
08 Saiki c.225
09 Gintama c.617
10 Samon c.62
11 Yuna c.44
12 Ole Golazo c.4
13 Amalgam c.11
14 Demon's Plan c.5

>are going to
>implying they haven't already

Surprised Spring Weapon is doing okay. And comparatively, Yunna is falling.

QUICK EVERYONE

POST YOUR FACE WHEN YOU SEE SPRING WEAPON ABOVE BLACK CLOVER

What a semon demon.

PRAISE ONE MOB MAN

but they didn't yet

Hori shietto, the axe struck twice.

>Ibitsu no Amalgam (End)
>Demon's Plan (End)
lul

I really miss World Trigger

I miss Hunter X Hunter

And Mx0

Me too

>Ibitsu no Amalgam (End)
>Demon's Plan (End)
Ouch, Demon's Plan.

Well, called it, not like it was hard.

HxH has plenty of content and basically a complete story after the election arc though. It's not really the same

>04 No.01 c.10
>06 Black Clover c.91
Actually surprised at this.

>07 Neverland c.20
Isn't this its first time out of the top 5?

>04 No.01 c.10
How?
>10 Samon c.62
Please survive
>12 Ole Golazo c.4
This is next to die, isn't it?

>Isn't this its first time out of the top 5?
6th place in issue 44 and 8th place in issue 50

Nah

Based Spring Weapon. Is anyone even translating it?

Both BC and Neverland had filler chapters this week.

>another mob like design
>one mob man on top

I hate this.

Anyone has that autistic site that had graphs for the rankings?

>Demon's Plan (End)
Did the MC find his bro?

Go to Crunchyroll that is where the autists with the graph are

not as far as I can tell

>Demon's Plan (End)

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

I know it bombed hard, but I feel like the artist for Amalgam could do something decent at some point. I could use a series that's nothing but trashy nonsense action.

Mitsukubi Condor is better

wtf I love Spring Weapon now

Translations when

>mfw people are salty enough over BC to post about it

With Amalgam and Demon's Plan done what slots are left for the new manga? Will anything other than those two have to end/get cancelled for space? I know Gintama's ending soon.

nah it was incomprehensible shit

mfw when there are people who legitimately like Black Clover

probably one more series ending, probably golazo in a few weeks

????

someone is translating it on bato
read the first 2 volumes and seems pretty easy to follow so far

It's not going anywhere, nigga. It's here to stay.

there is exactly one poster on these boards who likes black clover

I know but just because it's surviving doesn't mean you have to like it

Average rankings over past 8 issues

01.44 One Piece
02.14 Hero Academia
03.04 Black Clover
03.07 Haikyu
03.97 Kimetsu
04.15 Neverland
05.61 Hinomaru
06.13 Soma
07.14 Sesuji
07.91 Yuna
08.45 Samon
08.68 Saiki
08.83 Gintama
09.39 No.01
11.06 Ole Golazo
11.60 Amalgam
12.41 Demon's Plan

Average excluding finished series

01.45 One Piece
02.11 Hero Academia
02.96 Black Clover
03.00 Haikyu
04.05 Kimetsu
04.13 Neverland
05.42 Hinomaru
05.78 Soma
07.46 Yuna
07.99 Samon
08.17 Saiki
08.41 Gintama
08.49 No.01
10.26 Ole Golazo

There are things I like, and things I don't like.

It has many, many faults, but also some redeeming qualities.

Good god. I've been seeing OP having an average ranking

It seems like an odd rank for Yuuna this week. Chapter 44 was the resolution of the festival arc and Yuuna's realizing her feelings for Kogarashi in that part.

It's a copypasta tier manga.

I just realized, BnHA is the 10th oldest manga in Shonen Jump, that means it's in the older half of the current roster and will continue to be for the rest of its run.

>It's a copypasta tier manga
Yet you still read Jump

Where is the new Kimetsu chapter?

Did it get dropped?

Souma's back, baby

Yuuna is a really weird case. It bounces back and forth between the middle and bottom of the pack week after week.
Not sure why it is THAT inconsistent.

Good qualities:
>Good natured, the main cast is impossibly kind and it's not tryhard in any sense
>Art is good. Tabata is Hori tier.
>Nothing is forced or contrived
>The characters are copypasta but other than MC or the antagonists they are likeable due to their straightforward qualities

Bad qualities:
>Template manga that progresses like a shounem cliche checklist
>One dimensional protagonist that literally gets told by the rest of the cast to "not think too hard about stuff" so he isn't allowed to grow
>paced as if it was getting cancelled
>predictable as fuck
>cast bloat and insane power creep as a result of the fast pacing
>LN characters
>no consequences

what are the things you like? this manga does nothing impressive

just some dude yelling about friendship and becoming wizard hokage then hitting things with his giant sword

there are manga with the same (knights and magic) premise that are better so why read Black Clover?

Who is to say I'm not reading similar fantasy shounen like NnT?

>>Nothing is forced or contrived

not sure what you're trying to say with this

That it's not trying hard with the twists like later Naruto or Bleach.

I wasn't talking about NnT

but I get it now, you don't have high demand from what you read

so you can enjoy things that makes other cringes or instadrop, good for you I suppose

Anything about the character poll for SnS?

The only reasonable post about Black Clover.

Why Gintama is so low?

Probably it just depends on the quality of the other manga in Jump and what Jump wants to promote. Supernatural Ecchi Harem Romantic-Comedy is a niche genre also. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it is doing fine in tankobon sales so we won't see a sudden axe.

We haven't had a thread all week

Doesn't an user do translations? What happened to them?

Gintama almost always ranks low in serious arcs, except if they feature Kamui heavily. That and if I were a voter, I wouldn't bother voting for it unless I liked less than 3 other series in the magazine, since my vote would be better spent supporting series that aren't ending soon.

They're probably busy with Samon and Dancing Midget

I think chapter will be up sooner than later

>Demon's Plan (End)

I can't stop laughing. Is this the shortest series in WSJ history? Will they even bother putting together a tank?

1. Erina 3350
2. Hisako 3081
3. Alice 3042
4. Soma 2795
5. Megumi 1892
6. Shinomiya 1669
7. Rindou 1353
8. Takumi 1207
9. Mito 743
10. Hayama 737

This shit has to be fake, I legitimately can't believe it

Not even close, E-Robot, Roggy, and Buddy Strike all ended faster just from the last 2 years. The record holder is Chagecha, cancelled in 8 chapters.

>I'm new: the post

Just looking through last week's raws, and the only series that looks like it's ending soon is Ole Golazo, I think everything else is safe for another 2-3 months. This doesn't bode well for WT fans, since that means the magazine filled its spot meaning they don't expect Ashihara back until the next round at least.

>two Samon updates in one day

Holy shit, is Samon finally gonna make a Sesuji tier scan comeback?

>don't expect Ashihara back until the next round
>Trips
ok then

Not necessarily, once Golazo ends and all new series have started, Jump will have 19.5 regular weekly series (Isobee is only 11 pages long and One Piece is only 17 pages long). They could squeeze in World Trigger's return and have 20.5 running at once. Especially since One Piece is on break once a month and World Trigger would probably have a similar schedule, plenty of room considering.

I'm pretty interested that WSJ is ending so many series and starting so many up so close together.

Are we gonna take bets on which one gets canceled first? U19 seems pretty shit, it didn't even manage to get its whole premise out in the first chapter.

wouldn't it be funny if it did have a comeback only for samon to die after they almost catch up just like sesuji?

Sure, as long as the ending is satisfying and conclusive like Sesuji's. And it will be twice as funny if it happens after getting memed into a time skip

kinda wish they teamed up with PSI Scans for faster Saiki's chapters instead

The Saiki group looks like they already have a full roster of people working on it

Did the last few chapters get translated somewhere?

I.. i wanna know what happens to my dance midgets...

Don't know. Most recent chapter I've read was 81.

>they don't expect Ashihara back until the next round at least.
It'll probably be back next week or so

>Spring Weapon saving itself

Somehow I knew it would do that.

They announce comebacks from hiatus several weeks in advance, at least they do for Togashi, so I doubt that.

once again the lower expectations of gag manga is proven, spring weapon sells even less than isobe, and joins it as the only 2 series in jump that sell less than 20k.

What's sad is that Sesuji sells more than both of them combined but because it wasn't a gag series, Jump expected more from it.

Don't worry, now that there is an abundance of gag manga in Jump, it's going to get more competitive for them. Any new gag manga will have to try and kill one of the current 4 in order to take its spot and survive. Samon and Spring Weapon should step up their games if they want to live.

>Amalgam
Shame. It had potential.
>Demon's Plan
Meh. Wasn't very good anyway.

Black Clover wouldn't be still running if it didn't replace Naruto. Fuck that piece of shit excuse of a manga.

>Write premise that is obviously intended to be drawn out for a long ass time
>Cancelled after 10 chapters
I'd feel bad for the guy if his series wasn't so awful

>Boros will never reunite with Carlos.

JUST

We Can't Study is filling up a romcom spot that the magazine hasn't had for a while so it'll most likely get tons of votes for free based off of that. Online reactions to it seem to be pretty positive outside of here as well. Personally I don't like it at all but it will probably stick around/be a mainstay.

U19 is sort of weird. I don't think getting the premise out is necessary for it to succeed. As a cliffhanger for the first chapter can often drive up interest for otherwise mediocre series (Bulge was a good example of this). If anyone is going to keep this around it'll have to be younger readers enjoying it, otherwise I think its pretty bad and will be cancelled fast.

Poro's premise seems very similar to Spring Weapon which could take away votes and while I know some people seemed to like the oneshot alot I don't have much to go off of otherwise. Best bet is that the Future Golden Cup winner curse continues and this sees a quick end.

Mary is in an awkward spot. Its advertised as an action-comedy series with a romantic hook which could split interest. If its mostly a romcom, then people will probably just go with Study since that's its main focus and will have the cuter art. As a pure comedy series there's already a fuck ton of gag manga in the magazine right now it would have to compete with, although if Gintama ends soon I could see it taking its spot.

Dr. seems to have a pretty cool author-artist combo, but that doesn't necessarily equal success. Premise could go in a bunch of directions so we'll just have to wait and see.

Lazerbeam probably goes in one of two directions. The first is that we'll get a more niche comfy sport manga akin to Sesuji that has middling or low amounts success. The more likely option is that the series goes full Prince of Tennis and the fujo bucks start pouring in as the all male cast uses their superpowers to get 100% "hole-in-ones" much to the female readers delight.

If Isobe's the new Jaguar, it's immune from cancellation. Jaguar got shit sales but the author got to choose when he wanted to end it, exactly on its 10 year anniversary. And it was running in one of the most competitive eras of Jump ever, with many new successful series, unlike now where 100k is considered acceptable. We might be in for another 6 years of Isobe.

Jaguar actually was fairly popular, and sold over 100k for at least part of its run

┃*,125,624 (*28)┃2010/01|ピューと吹く!ジャガー 18
┃*,*86,096 (*10)┃2010/07|ピューと吹く!ジャガー 19
┃*,*72,417 (*10)┃2010/12|ピューと吹く!ジャガー 20

Yeah but togashit sells a lot of shit and generates hype. Wt still makes a lot of money but not even close in comparison