(archive down for me, sorry)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ksgKV3i_J14
youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0IR6fJlV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Put some chinks in leading roles to pocket all those sweet Yuans from China
>Lie that you did it for diversity

Haha that movie sounds great.

Shout me down but hear me out - I generally don't care what sex or color the main characters are so long as they don't take me out of the story to remind me what sex or color they are. For instance, Ripley was a badass woman who didn't have to constantly remind me that women can do anything men can. She just took charge and did it. It seems movies in the 70s and 80s often treated women and minorities better in this sense. Today we have faggoty directors who prioritize an inclusive cast over a well written story. It makes the story weak and generally pisses off everyone. But I also don't pay for any movie so I generally don't care.

rey is an absolute mary sue and thusly incredibly boring character
a new hope is so much better than tfa
i was seriously offended, but not at the cast, mostly at how bad the movie was
thx disney

Yep, I agree completely. They should write good characters that just happen to be women/ blacks/ asians etc. But nowadays they just write one dimensional characters and the race and gender are their defining features

underrated

two birds with one stone.

this is the author

Ray picks up a lightsaber and is able to go one on one versus a Sith who has been practicing for years and killed many Jedi before. She also can easily use the force without ever having to practice it. Luke was fucking useless until Return of the Jedi after he was training with Yoda for a while. There are absolutely no stakes in the film, character doesn't go through ups and downs, there's nothing relatable about her it's completely retarded writing, I don't even know how did they greenlight this shit

>curly jew hair
also
>Angela
what the fuck, is that a woman?

is that a man or a woman, or just (((it)))?

Do they not see how they are giving birth to their own antithesis. Please continue to lump all white men together as the enemy. It will help erase all the old rivalries. Next time it will not be German against French or American against Russian it will be just white Europeans against everyone else.

And she fucks genetically inferior sub-human niggers. Yay for diversity!

American asians females are one of the most liberal groups in America. (((Yamato))).

I'm confused. Why is this a problem? Race wasn't mentioned in the movie. This sounds like edgelords on Sup Forums are projecting.

and finn holding up more than 1 second against kylo is even more retarded
HE'S A STORMTROOPER, CMON

Basically. I haven't seen it, but by all accounts it is worse than the first and that was shit enough on it's own. Don't really care about SW it's just that it could have been and should have been better than it was.
I have the same feeling on SW as Flatliners or any other movie with a strong core story and millions of dollars available to writers. Just sad to watch as the movie devolves into what looks like a script that was given to a set of 1st year community college drama majors or get destroyed because they'd rather focus on the race of their characters instead of the story behind them.
So much wasted potential being thrown away in an attempt to appease the gods of diversity.

Almost makes you think its self inflicted as a way to ruin american soft power (cultural projection).

I'm gonna take shit for this but whatever, here goes.

Star Wars isn't just a thing for socially alienated white men/boys anymore. It's grown beyond that little niche, and it also needs to lose the baggage associated with whiteness/maleness to reach a larger audience and have more influence.

Lots of the lessons and teachings embodied by Luke Skywalker are white, masculine and western in character. They've been done to death. The monomyth, Joseph Campbellian structure is dated and stale, and it can't keep running on those fumes forever.

I sympathize with lots of the grumbling white male neckbeards are doing. Star Wars was their thing and they don't want to share their beloved toys. And they're obviously gonna hate The Last Jedi because, in essence, it's about how Luke's legend really was flawed and limited in its scope.

The Jedi philosophy, just like the phallocentric white male western patriarchy, was bogged down in its own dogma. There's something beautiful and touching about the sentiment of "passing the torch" in TLJ. The white western male, long held as the only source of heroism and power in the canon, gracefully steps aside not only for his own good, but for the good of the universe.

In more diverse and progressive hands, there's no telling what this universe, and the force along with it, might become. It's an exciting prospect, to say the least, for those who aren't embittered neckbeards living in their parents' basements.

TLJ is going to be a watershed moment in sci-fi and genre films generally. It's all about letting go, letting your creation grow beyond you. And Star Wars, like civilization itself, has evolved beyond its parochial and patriarchal past.

Fucking KYS CTR.

Luke Skywalker walks up to a giant blue alien, squeezes its tit, and takes a drink.

HK cinema has had female leads for a long time, so did plenty of 80s action movies. Those people are dumb. Here's Cynthia Rothrock:
youtu.be/ksgKV3i_J14

Angela?

It never makes sense compared to what the other characters have been capable of. More like 1/100th second.

Either a Reddit copypasta or genuine retardation, can't quite tell.

You retarded shill kike. I hope you burn for your transgressions, gas is too good for you

Listen, I appreciate that a lot of you Sup Forums guys feel empowered to join the rest of us in civil society now that papa bear Trump is telling you it's okay. But let me send you a message: This is a blip. A temporary intifada. I know it feels good to have your worst instincts validated but don't be fooled. Use this opportunity now that you are out of your parents' basement to meet a few people that aren't like you. You are afraid. We are not.

Ripley was a total badass, as a kid never really noticed or cared the she was a she.

dude sigourney weaver
i swear she is the sexiest woman who ever lived
she's 68 and i'd let her fuck me with a strapon 24/7

She looks like Wilem Dafoe in drag.

>why aren't movies alt-right!!?!?!???????
gee, maybe because 90% of the audience don't give a shit about race/genders in movies.

Written by someone who only sees Joseph Campbell as another huwhite male and hasn't given any thought to what he actually says.

>the sexiest woman who ever lived
That's Gillian Anderson.

smells like rabid pasta, noone here uses "maleness/whiteness" unironcally
kylo wouldve destroyed them both in a split second if the movie made any sense, in the beginning he freezes a blaster shot midair (and somehoe doesn't manage to freeze chewies shot, sure).
youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0IR6fJlV0
glad to see mark hamill thinks it's retarded too, he's very pissed that they completely changed lukes character (and even tried to talk to abrams about that but he didn't give a shit).
The luke fromthe old trilogy was always there for his friends, he just saved the galaxy and is the last remaining jedi (besides leai, who isn't trained), the whole galaxy needs him, and he throws a hissyfit because his nephew turns to the dark side).
It's like JJ hates star wars or has never actually seen the movies (his writer has obviously seen a new hope because TFA is basically a revamp)

what did he mean by this?

You're saying that from another continent, nigger.

Good b8 though. 3/10 for getting a reply anyway.

I wonder if someone will post a picture of her from alien, the one where she literally has no ass

Checked for Sigourney defoe

i have to agree, ripley was a really good female lead, as were selene from underworld and alice from RE (the later two have been some serious eye candy, nowadays feminists would most likely go apeshit about that)

fucking hell.

Because you can flip a story up side down and present a mother that has to do the job of a masculine father figure, because the next day you can flip the story unconsciously again and the world keeps going.

These people have no respect for archetypes, they dont flip the conventions while at the same time acknowledging them, they mix they muddle so it always come as hollow propaganda.

The problem is that the people making movies today, by and large, don't care whether a character is compelling or a story is well written, they care about putting asses in seats in the most sneaky and manipulative ways possible. Movies in the 70s and 80s did a lot of women and minority roles right, they made the characters interesting, fleshed out, and compelling, because it was the best way to make a movie good enough for people to come back and see it multiple times, and memorable enough for people to buy it on VHS a year down the line.

People didn't like Sarah Conner because she was a woman, they liked her because they got to watch her evolve from a scared young woman into a survivor and a take charge fighter who would go to the ends of the earth to protect her child. People didn't like Roger Murtaugh because he was black, they like him because he was a loving father and a cool ass cop who was always getting to old for shit.

Now everything's so fucking manipulative. Let me restate that - movies have ALWAYS been manipulative, but in the last decade or so they've been increasingly blatant and lazy in how they manipulate audiences: the overuse of nostalgia, the fanfictiony plots, the big scenes and moments that were made specifically to have a cool shot for the trailer, the characters that were designed by a marketing focus group to optimize appeal to different age, race, and political demographics, etc etc etc. Just look at the Porg shit - you had hundreds of internet celebrities pushing Porgs six months before the fucking trailer came out and a smorgasbord of corporate manufactured image macros masquerading as legitimate content all in an attempt to try and force a meme on the internet so Disney could sell a trillion dollars worth of plushies.

TLJ isn't the first movie to be this manipulative, but it's the first time audiences have been aware of the manipulation to this degree.

It's shit and some of the characters are too unrealistically over-powered

boy oh boy! now that is fugly

I have hated this franchise since I became aware of it in the 90's. I've told only a few people this, because they then want to talk about it then and make you watch it. I have watched these films a lot, not the last two or three now thankfully. Feeling really vindicated right.

There's lots of things fucking wrong in that clip but what get's me the most is
>Opens eyes in the fucking space

we dont give a fuck what you meet, we hope its your death by those you include in your perfect society....Your not going to bait us point us out as the enemy over the governments and people who actually commited crimes and get away with it...
Dont come around here threatening.. we will find you when the time comes

What a fag
Good god pat
You have to go back shill
NoYes
STOP BUYING CONSUMING AND PROMOTING MARXIST JEW FILTH.

MAKE EUROPE GREAT AGAIN- GET IN HERE

Kys faggot

>look ma, I replied to lots of posts again
okay, have a (you) and fuck off if you have nothing else to say

Wanna piss off the soyim that actually liked it?

Tell them it's fan fiction.

Then you are a fool if you don't have fear, in any sense of a word. You're also a faggot in every sense of that word too.

I grew up on "inclusive" sci fi. Ellen Ripley from the Alien franchise, Elisa Maza in Gargoyles Michael R. Harrigan in Predator II, Ben Sisko in Deep Space Nine, there's a whole list of "diverse" characters that have been in Sci Fi all along, but the "diversity" was a secondary consideration to the actual story. Without a good story and at least decent acting, you have unwatchable garbage. You can virtue signal all you want, but at the end of the day you end up with another Ghostbusters or Last Jedi if yo don't put the story ahead of everything else. An I think that's what happened. The current crop of producers and directors have put agenda ahead of everything else. Story is secondary now. The Message is more important. At least the old school Leftists understood that if you wanted people to watch you had to make it at least decent. You had to drop in subtle propaganda that didn't dominate the plot so that people would sit and watch it. Now they've forgotten that you can virtue signal all you want, but if nobody watches it , you've accomplished nothing. The saving grace of all this is money. If they can't make money doing this, they'll eventually stop or go bankrupt. I'm honestly hoping for the latter. Disney just bought Fox entertainment. I'm hoping that Disney gets so massive that when it finally collapses, it takes most of Hollywood with it.

the difference is that now they're doing it to push a social agenda of white genocide. in the past it was just for a good story, and was still realistic. shitskins and women running everything is not reality.

Use your fairytale faggot 'force' and make me

This. The only annoying part is the fact that the characters are poorly written. Regarding race, it's only annoying that those in charge of casting make that big of a deal about race. You want to include a diverse cast? Cool, just don't make a big deal about it. They're all just actors. Making a big deal about the diverse cast implies that minorities won't get representation on their own merits which is ironically liberal racism. Regarding the poor writing, Rey should not have been able to defeat Kylo as easily in TFA, complete Mary Sue where everything goes her way in the end. The movie would have been darker and more interesting if she either turned to the dark side or completely failed in some way in TLJ. However, I reserve my main criticism until episode 9. Loose ends could be tied up and explained, but if they make it another standalone that just happens to be a sequel, it will be disappointing.

The originals are classics, but everything post-1983 apart from maybe a handful of kino scenes in Revenge of the Sith, and the two animated Clone Wars series has been trash.

>The Sisko
One of the best characters to come out of the entire franchise.

>Making a big deal about the diverse cast implies that minorities won't get representation on their own merits which is ironically liberal racism.
Highlighting this part of my post. I admit I'm more left leaning, but it's so infuriating when so-called liberals do this because they're blind to their own racism. Race isn't that big of a deal, just let it happen naturally.

Screw the movies all I've ever wanted is a new Jedi Knight game

>being a euro and concerning yourself with 56%land's shitty (((media))) and (((journalism)))

Sort it out, Otto.

Revolting.

your replies don't even make sense, maybe besides that last line - which is wrong too.
we are neither buying, nor promoting anything - and consuming when you aren't an absolute goy can'tdo any harm.

I'd let defoe peg me

MA LOOK IM BEING EDGY AGAIN

everyone knows that minorities can't make movies, it's not like there's a blossoming asian market (SK, JP, CH)

Long live the new flesh.

DS9 is best star-trek.
Rewatching it now from torrent with my 9 and 6 year old daughters. Wife enjoys it too.

fuck you, you could've prevented this, but churchill was to busy trying to be a good guy and suck stalins and roosevelts dick. worked out only slightly better for you than it did for poland. we are #1 again

"I'm a Jew AND a woman!"

In film school (kek), they always earn this. Masterthe archrtype and only then can you flip it on its head. If you don’t understand human nature, you write, well, the new Star Wars movie. A film that made absolutely no sense

NIGGER FUCK LETTING GO. REASSERT YOUR DOMINANCE AND FIGHT TO DEFEND WHAT IS YOURS

You're 100% correct. It should be good characters and good plot, period. Today, it's, look at this 100lb woman beat up five guys.

>Implying both bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't weapons testing
>Implying Japan wasn't already defeated when we nuked them

These people are crazy. But anyway
>let's piss on the people that made it popular
>let's push an agenda in the most obnoxious way possible
>let's conflate being a sane human being to racism misogyny blah blah blah

Look at this soyboy

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT A FILM, TAKE ACTION TO SAVE THE WEST. GET IN HERE

Classist? Luke was a dirt farmer, the epitome of working class

Who the fuck cares about Sweden? They're lost beyond redemption at this point and you should stop shilling your own threads

Because their idea of strong is protecting them from every challenge.

(((Clutches pearls)))

I've become increasingly more aware as I've grown older that people really don't understand human nature, which is really to say that people don't understand themselves.

They really do see God's gift to humanity when they look in their mirrors.

I'm just going to torrent it when it gets ripped. The movie sounds like a turd.
Maybe it'll be more interesting when I'm drunk in my underwear.

I am the same. I didnt notice before.

But they do it deliberately now to make us uncomfortable. The argument is we can never know what it is like so they are teaching us. They are useful idiots though because this isnt just a lesson it is a permaneny transfer of power. The only way to end racism is to deny white people of any power. This means removing them from all levels of society.

But for dumb cunts like this, it is jsut so you feel it and understand what it was like for minorities.

Don't disrupt the narrative, prole!

>another star wars thread

I find myself wondering what xir ashes would look like.

They really don't, I've noticed that too. That's why people shill for communism these badly these days. They cannot understand the fact it goes completely against human nature

she didn't do anything. the chink bitch was going to die anyway, they made her actions seem heroic but even if they just blew up her ship it probably would have caused the same damage as ordinance explodes when blown up

Alice from RE is a bigger mary sue cunt than even Rey is.

>rips
what year is it?
kek

It's the same shit that killed the Ghostbusters reboot.
It's the same shit that's driven Trekkies away from STD and towards Orville
It's the same shit that made TLJ a pile of shit

>SJW's tank a nerd franchise that's existed since the 70's and a Yu-Gi-Oh trading card forum shouldn't be allowed to comment on it
Fuck off back to plebbit.

It's still 2-0 you dolt. Yeah clever man! Keep open borders! WOW so clever! An again Poland, How original. Fucking Yawn mate.

this, at this point only nukular hall of cost can save you
and i actually care more about the movie as it has actual influence, contrary to swedish elections

>What is
>BRRip
>DVDRip
>WEBRip

You can thank German film subsidies (film subsidies shouldn't exist at all) for keeping the entire resident evil franchise in existence. It certainly didn't earn any money legitimately on it's own.